Airlocks in the supposed LM's.

• 405 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Airlocks in the supposed LM's.
« Reply #390 on: July 06, 2021, 10:23:52 PM »

To everyone else I have ever met the term 'full Moon' means we can see the whole of the Moons Earth facing side illuminated by reflected sunlight. Sceptimatic though seems to be redefining 'full Moon' as meaning something different.  When I see an evening crescent Moon re-appear in the western sky a few days after new Moon I can see the faint outline of the unlit portion of the disk as well.  But that doesn't make it a 'full Moon'. It is still a crescent Moon.

Nope.
A crescent moon would imply the moon is simply a piece of your rock.
Unless you mean a more illuminated are of the circle.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #391 on: July 06, 2021, 10:24:52 PM »
I have a suspicion here.
Scepti, can you define what you mean by Full Moon?
Being able to see a full moon face. The circle of what people know as, the moon.
Do you mean the full face lit up ("like a beacon" as you would say) or do you just mean the ability to see the moon?

After all, this did all start when someone showed the moon as a tiny crescent with you claiming someone can always see the full moon. That would imply the former, which is obviously false.

And again, where is your justification for 3000 l/hr?

And are you going to acknowledge that even with the insane numbers you provided, they would still get 2 hours out of that tank?
You people are the supposed geniuses. Figure it out.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #392 on: July 06, 2021, 11:32:56 PM »

To everyone else I have ever met the term 'full Moon' means we can see the whole of the Moons Earth facing side illuminated by reflected sunlight. Sceptimatic though seems to be redefining 'full Moon' as meaning something different.  When I see an evening crescent Moon re-appear in the western sky a few days after new Moon I can see the faint outline of the unlit portion of the disk as well.  But that doesn't make it a 'full Moon'. It is still a crescent Moon.

Nope.

Ummm, yeah, that's what we've been meaning all along, the latter. Hence the word "Phase". And images of "phases" presented.

Phase, in astronomy, any of the varying appearances of a celestial body as different amounts of its disk are seen (from Earth, ordinarily) to be illuminated by the Sun.

Thanks for trolling and playing stupid over the last bunches of pages.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #393 on: July 07, 2021, 12:24:18 AM »

Nope.

Ummm, yeah, that's what we've been meaning all along, the latter. Hence the word "Phase". And images of "phases" presented.

Phase, in astronomy, any of the varying appearances of a celestial body as different amounts of its disk are seen (from Earth, ordinarily) to be illuminated by the Sun.

I don't think I was trolling. I'm merely giving out what you people give out.

I stand by what I've said.
You may not like it and that's fair enough but you people don't get to have it all your way en masse.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #394 on: July 07, 2021, 12:33:17 AM »

Nope.

You may not like it and that's fair enough but you people don't get to have it all your way en masse.

No, it was abundantly clear everyone was talking about moon "phases". Everyone. Pictures and such were presented regarding "phases" - Meaning and showing where light shines on the moon at different times of a month.

But you had to troll it up by being vague and really meaning non-phase moon. Quit playing games and be crystal clear in the future. You're only sullying your arguments and credibility by being willfully obtuse.

« Reply #395 on: July 07, 2021, 01:07:57 AM »
It seems that some people (no names obviously) want to interchange the meanings of words like 'phase' and 'in direct line of sight' just to satisfy their constant need to believe they are right.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 04:09:52 AM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #396 on: July 07, 2021, 01:11:30 AM »
No, a crescent moon implies that only a portion of the visible portion of the moon is illuminated.

I have a suspicion here.
Scepti, can you define what you mean by Full Moon?
Being able to see a full moon face. The circle of what people know as, the moon.
Do you mean the full face lit up ("like a beacon" as you would say) or do you just mean the ability to see the moon?

After all, this did all start when someone showed the moon as a tiny crescent with you claiming someone can always see the full moon. That would imply the former, which is obviously false.

And again, where is your justification for 3000 l/hr?

And are you going to acknowledge that even with the insane numbers you provided, they would still get 2 hours out of that tank?
You people are the supposed geniuses. Figure it out.
I already have figured it out. You screwed up big time, but you need it, because you need the moon to always be full to pretend it should always be massively bright, to pretend the photos couldn't possibly have been taken on the moon.

Just like you need your ridiculous 3000 l/hr to pretend the tank couldn't last 30 minutes, even though if it was filled with liquid oxygen like you implied, it would last over 2 hours with that ridiculous 3000 l/hr.

And because you can't justify your lies, you just deflect.

No you're not. We give out rational arguments, evidence and simple questions to show you are wrong (after already explaining why you are wrong).
You give out delusional BS and pathetic deflection.

And you most certainly appear to be trolling.
This deflection onto the ability to see the full moon started here:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=88640.msg2324784#msg2324784

You claimed it was always lit up like a beacon, and in response an image of a crescent moon was provided, where one entire face of the moon was visible, but only a sliver illuminated.
That led you to claiming that we see a full moon all the time on Earth.

So no, it is quite clear you meant that you see the entire full moon lit up, as in the moon with the phase of a full moon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 01:14:12 AM by JackBlack »

« Reply #397 on: July 07, 2021, 01:49:53 AM »

Lol, sure you do -

Sceptimatic:  Different people on different parts of the earth can respectively see a half moon and full moon at the same time.

Everyone in the world:  Really????

Sceptimatic:  EVERYONE ALWAYS SEES A FULL MOON!

Everyone in the world:  What????

Sceptimatic:  I stand by what I said. 

Trolling or just ridiculously incoherent.  It is still great.   :)

« Reply #398 on: July 07, 2021, 03:51:12 AM »
@Sobchak

Just to provoke an argument with everyone else in the world and feed our egos we could equally say from now on that we are going to call what everyone else calls green, blue and vice versa.  So according to us, everywhere in the world everyone sees the sky as green and the grass and trees etc as blue .  To everyone else that sounds completely ludicrous but to you and me we are entirely correct and of course we will stand by what we say.

It's up to Sceptimatic to re-define what 'full Moon' means if he so chooses.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 04:11:18 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #399 on: July 07, 2021, 04:11:05 AM »
@Sobchak

Just to provoke an argument with everyone else in the world we could equally say from now on that we are going to call what everyone else calls green, blue and vice versa.  So according to us, everywhere in the world everyone sees the sky as green and the grass and trees etc as blue .  To everyone else that sounds completely ludicrous but to you and me we are entirely correct and of course we will stand by what we say.

It's up to Sceptimatic to define a new labelling system for the phases of the Moon if he so chooses.

A "half moon" is when you close one eye when you are looking at it perhaps?

Im never totally sure if he is just trolling, I generally have it at about a 90% chance, but it could be that he is not. 

In which case he actually thought that people saw different phases of the moon based on where they were in the world!!!  Seems he is retreating from this now, so maybe he actually learned something?

« Reply #400 on: July 07, 2021, 04:18:06 AM »
A "half moon" is when you close one eye when you are looking at it perhaps?
Love it!
In which case he actually thought that people saw different phases of the moon based on where they were in the world!!!  Seems he is retreating from this now, so maybe he actually learned something?
We can live in hope!  I wonder what he will come up with next?!?

I actually tested this with my partners brother who lives near Sydney in Australia and with a friend who lives in Texas.  We all took photos of the Moon within a few hours of each other and shared them with each other.  Not surprisingly all showed the same 'phase' of the Moon!  Of course the one taken in Australia was upside down compared to those that I took and the one taken from the States.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 04:24:16 AM by Solarwind »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #401 on: July 07, 2021, 08:11:44 AM »
Can any rational person see what I'm saying about someone somewhere on Earth will always see a full moon?
Can you tell me where on earth the full moon will be visible within the next 7 days?
Somewhere and that's the entire point.
No, the point is that you can't (or won't) prove it with an actual observation.  Sure, you can probably see the full disc of the moon on any given day, but a full moon is defined as when the disc of the moon is fully illuminated, and that only happens on day out of 28.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:14:54 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2021, 08:50:45 AM »

No, it was abundantly clear everyone was talking about moon "phases". Everyone. Pictures and such were presented regarding "phases" - Meaning and showing where light shines on the moon at different times of a month.

But you had to troll it up by being vague and really meaning non-phase moon. Quit playing games and be crystal clear in the future. You're only sullying your arguments and credibility by being willfully obtuse.
I have no credibility on these forums, in case you didn't notice.
Also I'd suggest you take a leaf out of your own book.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #403 on: July 08, 2021, 08:51:20 AM »
It seems that some people (no names obviously) want to interchange the meanings of words like 'phase' and 'in direct line of sight' just to satisfy their constant need to believe they are right.
Just like you people do.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #404 on: July 08, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »
Can any rational person see what I'm saying about someone somewhere on Earth will always see a full moon?
Can you tell me where on earth the full moon will be visible within the next 7 days?
Somewhere and that's the entire point.
No, the point is that you can't (or won't) prove it with an actual observation.  Sure, you can probably see the full disc of the moon on any given day, but a full moon is defined as when the disc of the moon is fully illuminated, and that only happens on day out of 28.
No.
If you can see it all it is illuminated or you wouldn't see it all.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #405 on: July 08, 2021, 09:14:56 AM »
If you can see it all it is illuminated or you wouldn't see it all.
When it comes to the phases of the moon, they are defined by the amount brightly lit area illuminated by sunshine, not the barely visible area illuminated by earthshine.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.