Airlocks in the supposed LM's.

• 405 Replies

JackBlack

Re: Airlocks in the supposed LM's.
« Reply #330 on: July 03, 2021, 03:17:52 PM »
I  don't have a problem with it.
Of course YOU don't have a problem with it.
You are perfectly fine rejecting reality and replacing it with fantasy.
You are perfectly fine repeatedly contradicting yourself.

But others actually care about reality and about having beliefs which are consistent with each other.
To those people, it is a massive problem.
They notice the lack of air means there is no where for the heat to go, which means things don't just spontaneously freeze. They recognise that the effectively 0 thermal mass means the temperatures quoted are irrelevant.
What matters is managing any heat that is generated.
They do this by venting water to space, where it needs to boil before it vents, and it boiling cools the rest down.

Likewise, others would want claims about the oxygen tank to be consistent and make sense.
That means they wouldn't just want 8 l as the tank capacity as it doesn't tell you how much oxygen. Instead they would want something like 8 l at 100 atm.
Likewise, they wouldn't want 3000 l/hour as the amount of oxygen needed, as it is pure BS with no justification at all.
If it is meant to be pure oxygen at 1 atm, that an insane amount, requiring you to empty and refill your lungs once a second, and use all the oxygen in them. No one is doing that.

And if you want more reasons why that is pure BS:
3000 L equates to ~123 mols of O2. (multiply by 1 atm and divide by the gas constant and 25 C converted to K).
That equates to ~2900 mol per day.
But each mol of oxygen you use is combined with carbon to produce carbon dioxide.
If you ignore the other things combine with the carbon (typically oxygen and hydrogen to make water) that equates to over 35 kg.
That means if you didn't eat, you would lose 35 kg each day.
It also means if you tried to feed yourself just using sugar, you would need to eat ~88 kg of sugar.

How many people do you know of eating 88 kg of sugar each day?

So again, your number is pure BS.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 03:34:56 PM by JackBlack »

« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2021, 05:09:45 PM »

Oh, and the excessive heat and water was boiled out of the astronaut's spacesuits into the moon atmosphere.

Your moon doesn't have an atmosphere.

Have another go.

Are you sure? Your moon may be made of luminous cheese, but from what I've read, the moon has an atmosphere.

The moon's atmosphere contains neon, helium, and hydrogen. It also contains argon-40, methane, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, sodium, potassium, ammonia, radon, and polonium. It's virtually devoid of oxygen.
Keep reading those books to make you book smarter for regurgitation.

Where did you read that the moon doesn't have an atmosphere? It doesn't have a breathable atmosphere for humans.

We're all regurgitating what we've read, and it doesn't make any of us look smarter. There are no original ideas or original information being typed into this thread, just regurgitation. I'm regurgitating from science sources while you're regurgitating from Zetetic Astronomy - Earth not a globe by Samuel Rowbotham.

Does the moon even control the tides on your flat earth model, sceptimatic? If so, please explain how.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #332 on: July 04, 2021, 01:36:27 AM »
What is "moon vision"? ???
It means, if you're arguing for a vacuum of space around your moon then your moon would never be seen.
*sigh* I think that you're mistaking luminiferous aether for air.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether
Nahhh, there's no istake.
Remember I'm arguing the fantasy handed to you people.

JackBlack

« Reply #333 on: July 04, 2021, 02:08:34 AM »
So you are intentionally misrepresenting everything.

No, you aren't.
You are spouting your own fantasy to try to attack reality.

It has been shown quite well that so many of your claims are pure fantasy.
Like your claim of 3000 l per hour.
It is pure nonsense.

So either it is a massive mistake from you, or it is you intentionally lying to pretend there is a problem when there is none.

Again, can you justify your 3000 l per hour claim at all?

And can you provide the missing details for the "8 l" tank?

« Reply #334 on: July 04, 2021, 08:43:42 AM »
Same type of places you got yours from.
I wonder which one's are correct?
So how come your figure is an order of 10 larger than any of the website (places) I got my 300-400 litres per hour from?

BTW have you ever noticed where the Sun is in relation to the Moon in the sky every time you see a full Moon? What does that tell you about the full Moon?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #335 on: July 04, 2021, 08:46:34 AM »

So you are intentionally misrepresenting everything.

No.
More like you intentionally twist everything.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #336 on: July 04, 2021, 11:39:53 AM »
It means, if you're arguing for a vacuum of space around your moon then your moon would never be seen.
As opposed to the fantasy that you created for yourself?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #337 on: July 04, 2021, 01:57:13 PM »

So argue it.
So far its "nuh uhs".

Whats the massive tilt?
Whats the equator?
Why does mercator even exist?
How does the conspiracy work in the upper levels?

?

frenat

« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »

I know you're only joking around. If I'm looking at a waning moon tonight, then everyone everywhere else in the world is also seeing a waning moon.

Absolutely not.

Wait, what? 

Sceptimatic, do you imagine that two people looking at the holographic moon projection at the same time from two different parts of the world can see different phases of the moon? 

Could I see a half moon and someone else be seeing a full moon?
The simple answer is......yes.
Well that's clearly bullshit. IF you were correct then you should be able to provide Moon phase tables that are specific to a region. In the real world however, everyone sees the same phase at the same time and phase tables work regardless of location.

JackBlack

« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2021, 03:21:43 PM »
More like you intentionally twist everything.
No, that would be you.
You will happily twist any part of reality to pretend it is nonsense, and those you can't you will just blatantly lie about.

Again, your claim of the water magically freezing and blocking the exit has been shown to be nonsense as you have no where for the heat to go.
Your claim of the battery magically freezing has been shown to be nonsense as you have no where for the heat to go.
Your claim of 3000 l/hr has been shown to be pure BS, a number you have just spouted with no justification which is in no way comparable to reality. It is off by more than an order of magnitude.
And your claim of the tank only holding 8 l has been shown to be meaningless as you refuse to indicate what pressure that is at, or if it is liquid or what.

« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2021, 03:39:04 PM »
YourThe moon doesn't have an atmosphere.
For once I agree with Sceptimatic on that one.

Well that's clearly bullshit. IF you were correct then you should be able to provide Moon phase tables that are specific to a region. In the real world however, everyone sees the same phase at the same time and phase tables work regardless of location.
As someone who has lived in the UK all my life I used to subscribe to two US based astronomy magazines.  In every edition I received the pages that showed the Moons phases for each day of the month (as seen from all over the US) were identical to the phase that I saw here in the UK.

My partners brother lives in Australia.  He also sees the same Moon phase that I do on any given day.  Only difference is that compared to what I see, he sees the Moon inverted. He also sees the Moon transit his north meridian whereas for me I see it transit through my south meridian. We both see the Moon rise in the east and set in the west.

So that is the same Moon phase on any given day as seen from the UK, the US and Australia .  I'd say that's pretty conclusive wouldn't you? If Sceptimatic somehow knows of a place on Earth where the Moon shows a different phase from anywhere else on Earth then he had better be able to present us with some evidence. Simply what he believes or thinks does not qualify as evidence.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 03:46:44 PM by Solarwind »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2021, 04:31:54 PM »
And those tanks inside those backpacks do not look like they would support anyone for more than 30 minutes and I think I'm being over generous..
Yeah. Well, that really is your problem.

Just admit it goes over your head, and that is the reason it is so difficult for you. What you think is not exactly something anyone needs to worry about, as what you think is based on what you know — which is not a lot.

Your opinion is worth nothing as it is based on nothing.
I don't think it goes over my head.
The size of those tanks would hardly give anyone more than 30 mins in reality.
Obviously in your space they can run for 4 hours and with a bit of speedy tweaking, 8 hours two years later.

Magical things they are.

I'm still waiting to see how they refill those tanks.
I thinks they refill them with farts, magical farts if course.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2021, 04:53:45 PM »
And those tanks inside those backpacks do not look like they would support anyone for more than 30 minutes and I think I'm being over generous..

Just admit it goes over your head, and that is the reason it is so difficult for you. What you think is not exactly something anyone needs to worry about, as what you think is based on what you know — which is not a lot.

Obviously in your space they can run for 4 hours and with a bit of speedy tweaking, 8 hours two years later.

Magical things they are.

Why don't you go take a big fart powered hop off the edge of your magically flat earth. Sceptimatic doesn't understand the difference between pressurised oxygen and pressurised air. He's probably never even tried scuba diving. No wonder he's a flat earther.

« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2021, 07:18:49 PM »
Compressed and decompressed sponges.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2021, 11:12:16 PM »

I don't pass mine off as fact. You people pass off your accepted stories as fact without knowing the facts.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:17:38 PM by sceptimatic »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »

I know you're only joking around. If I'm looking at a waning moon tonight, then everyone everywhere else in the world is also seeing a waning moon.

Absolutely not.

Wait, what? 

Sceptimatic, do you imagine that two people looking at the holographic moon projection at the same time from two different parts of the world can see different phases of the moon? 

How come you people cannot grasp what's been said?
Surely it can't be a coincidence.

Can any rational person see what I'm saying about someone somewhere on Earth will always see a full moon?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2021, 11:14:52 PM »

You will happily twist any part of reality to pretend it is nonsense, and those you can't you will just blatantly lie about.

So you keep telling me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2021, 11:17:18 PM »

Magical things they are.

Why don't you go take a big fart powered hop off the edge of your magically flat earth. Sceptimatic doesn't understand the difference between pressurised oxygen and pressurised air. He's probably never even tried scuba diving. No wonder he's a flat earther.
Compressed air or liquid oxygen.

Yeah I know the difference.

The issue still stands.

rvlvr

« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2021, 11:20:21 PM »
Yet you can’t specify it, hmmm?

« Reply #349 on: July 05, 2021, 12:13:25 AM »

Can any rational person see what I'm saying about someone somewhere on Earth will always see a full moon?

Of course we see what you are saying.  It is just another thing you have made up that believe is true, added to the long long long list of other things you have made up and believe are true. 

« Reply #350 on: July 05, 2021, 12:19:04 AM »

Absolutely not.

Wait, what? 

Yeah, on your flat earth, which exists in your mind. Sure. Throw some flying dragons and unicorns into the flat earth sky while you're at it.

I don't see what you're saying about someone somewhere on actual earth will always see a full moon, because that isn't true.

« Reply #351 on: July 05, 2021, 12:22:16 AM »

Magical things they are.

Compressed air or liquid oxygen.

Yeah I know the difference.

The issue still stands.

So, what's the difference? If you say an air tank would need to be five times larger than a straight oxygen tank to contain the same oxygen, you would be correct. So, that's how the oxygen tanks can be so much smaller than an air tank.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #352 on: July 05, 2021, 12:39:48 AM »

So, what's the difference? If you say an air tank would need to be five times larger than a straight oxygen tank to contain the same oxygen, you would be correct. So, that's how the oxygen tanks can be so much smaller than an air tank.
Yes smaller because they can hold it as liquid.
They can still only hold a small amount of litreage in those little canisters on their backpacks as we are shown.

« Reply #353 on: July 05, 2021, 01:30:33 AM »
Probably not because any rational person will realise that we only see a full Moon once a month. Or very occasionally twice - hence the term 'once in a blue Moon' because the second consecutive full Moon in the same month is called a blue Moon.  If what you say is true actually was true then that would immediately render this term meaningless for obvious reasons.  As you probably know the full Moon of each month has its own name - e.g. harvest Moon, hunters Moon, strawberry Moon etc.

Obviously you have your own explanations for how the Moons phases work so in your world I have no idea how that would work.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 01:43:27 AM by Solarwind »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2021, 02:22:46 AM »

Absolutely not.

Wait, what? 

Like I said, your position is B:

B) That depending upon where someone is, let's say 1 person in London & 1 person in Sydney, at the same time, will see different phases, regardless of orientation. Ex., 1 person sees a full moon and 1 person sees a crescent moon, at the same time.

And no, no rational person could agree. Because it's so bloody simple to refute your notion or whatever delusion it is. As Frenat pointed out, as well as others, there are moon phase charts/calendars accessible to everyone on the planet. Literally no one has ever looked at one and said, "Hey, the Moon phase calendar shows today is a waxing cresent but I see a full moon..." No one.

Here's 2021:

Just so happens I was was up north in California camping recently and got some cool Moon shots. (I live in a city, light pollution is terrible for astrophotography, but being up in the wilds, the sky was like ink.) I shot the Moon on Friday-Saturday, June 25th/26th.
Look at the 2021 calendar above - June 25th was the day after the Full Moon. Here's my pic (It's not great, but kinda psyched about it because it was the first time I truly got to test out my Celestron C90 spotting scope lens on my Canon 5D):

Notice anything? It's exactly the same phase as what the calendar presents. Why would my random location exactly correspond to some random Moon phase calendar? I mean exactly.

If you really want to double down on your absurd notion that someone on the disc is seeing a different Moon phase than I am at the same time, we've got enough people from the 4 corners of the world here on the forum to do a test.

But really, absurd isn't even strong enough to describe what you're saying. It's so easily dispensed with you really, desperately, need to backtrack on it. Because its downright embarrassing how easily your B is completely and utterly nullified.

JackBlack

« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2021, 02:28:07 AM »
I don't pass mine off as fact.
You repeatedly pass your fantasy off as fact, like your fantasy that the tank couldn't possibly support people for more than 30 minutes, and your fantasy that the battery would magically freeze, and your fantasy that a human needs to consume 3000 l of oxygen per hour.

Again, where is your justification for any of that? Or do you admit it is just your fantasy?

We can. The problem is that what you said is pure BS.
You claimed 2 people in different locations on Earth would see different phases of the moon at the same time.

Quite clear with this post of yours:
There is no ambiguity.
But because it is pure BS, you now flee from it and pretend you meant something else.

Yes smaller because they can hold it as liquid.
They can still only hold a small amount of litreage in those little canisters on their backpacks as we are shown.
So you are saying 8 l of liquid oxygen?
Do you know how many l of gaseous oxygen that amounts to (at 1 atm and 25 C)?

That is quite a lot. Enough to last hours.

?

frenat

« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2021, 06:05:58 AM »

Absolutely not.

Wait, what? 

Since it isn't true and it is well known that everyone on Earth sees the same phase, no, nobody is going to agree with you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2021, 07:18:04 AM »
Probably not because any rational person will realise that we only see a full Moon once a month. Or very occasionally twice - hence the term 'once in a blue Moon' because the second consecutive full Moon in the same month is called a blue Moon.  If what you say is true actually was true then that would immediately render this term meaningless for obvious reasons.  As you probably know the full Moon of each month has its own name - e.g. harvest Moon, hunters Moon, strawberry Moon etc.

Obviously you have your own explanations for how the Moons phases work so in your world I have no idea how that would work.
No way can you all be missing the point. Not a chance.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2021, 07:19:10 AM »

Absolutely not.

Wait, what? 

Like I said, your position is B:

B) That depending upon where someone is, let's say 1 person in London & 1 person in Sydney, at the same time, will see different phases, regardless of orientation. Ex., 1 person sees a full moon and 1 person sees a crescent moon, at the same time.

And no, no rational person could agree. Because it's so bloody simple to refute your notion or whatever delusion it is. As Frenat pointed out, as well as others, there are moon phase charts/calendars accessible to everyone on the planet. Literally no one has ever looked at one and said, "Hey, the Moon phase calendar shows today is a waxing cresent but I see a full moon..." No one.

Here's 2021:

Just so happens I was was up north in California camping recently and got some cool Moon shots. (I live in a city, light pollution is terrible for astrophotography, but being up in the wilds, the sky was like ink.) I shot the Moon on Friday-Saturday, June 25th/26th.
Look at the 2021 calendar above - June 25th was the day after the Full Moon. Here's my pic (It's not great, but kinda psyched about it because it was the first time I truly got to test out my Celestron C90 spotting scope lens on my Canon 5D):

Notice anything? It's exactly the same phase as what the calendar presents. Why would my random location exactly correspond to some random Moon phase calendar? I mean exactly.

If you really want to double down on your absurd notion that someone on the disc is seeing a different Moon phase than I am at the same time, we've got enough people from the 4 corners of the world here on the forum to do a test.

But really, absurd isn't even strong enough to describe what you're saying. It's so easily dispensed with you really, desperately, need to backtrack on it. Because its downright embarrassing how easily your B is completely and utterly nullified.
It might be wise that you people go back and read what I said.

Anyone care to help these people out by actually reading what I said?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »

You repeatedly pass your fantasy off as fact, like your fantasy that the tank couldn't possibly support people for
I actually believe that comes from you people.