Airlocks in the supposed LM's.

• 405 Replies

Mikey T.

Re: Airlocks in the supposed LM's.
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2021, 07:11:36 AM »

All they did was increase the oxygen pressure levels in the canisters they took on the Apollo 17 mission, enabling the astronauts to have more oxygen in their personal life support systems, as well as inside the LM. They had extra batteries because they were staying an extra day. The plss packs enabled 7 hours of extravehicular activity, depending on the user's metabolic rate, and the tank was replenished from the LM oxygen supply.

Of course they did.
They just doubled the pressure, no problem.
They just flung in a few extra batteries. No problem.

Minus 250 in the shade and plus 250 in sunlight.

No issue for water or oxygen or batteries.

All magically fantastic and works every time no matter what.

You're welcome to your fantasy.
Yes, they increased the pressure, meaning they had more gaseous oxygen in the same volume.  Volume is something you intentionally lie about. 
Yes they took more batteries.  Planning ahead to increase useful EVA time is not a difficult concept to grasp. 
I explained before how a vacuum is excellent insulation.  Your incredulity over the big temperature numbers means nothing.
Why is there an issue for water if they planned ahead? 

Why do you think there is only 30 minutes of oxygen in the tanks?  Just your gut feeling about it I guess.  Incredulity is not evidence. 

I'll live in the real world, you can call it fantasy all you like.  The more you blatantly put your indoctrination on display, have nothing to base your outlandish claims on, and keep claiming everything you don't understand is fantasy, the more naive people get turned away from FE before they get brainwashed.  Please continue being this transparently indoctrinated.
A vacuum is excellent insulation against, what?
Thermal transfer, sound, friction, compression waves, etc.  An... insulator.

Mikey T.

« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2021, 07:17:20 AM »
Sceptimatic, why do you think the tank can't hold more than 30 minutes worth of oxygen?
The size of it.
Why?  How much oxygen is crammed into that volume?  What psi is in the tank?  How much compressed psi when transferred through a regulator to breathing level psi would it take?  Do you understand how pressurized gas works?  Or are you just going to be incredulous?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2021, 08:54:49 AM »

Yes. You think. Mighty fine way to present a problem.
Yep, I do think. And yep, I do question. And yep, I don't believe any of it until I see some facts.

You do not possess them and neither does those who are arguing them.

What you do possess is the ability to go and find stuff related to the argument, which is fine and can be used to argue a point but it does not hand you a fact unless you absolutely know it to be a afct, which you do not.

And who possesses these facts?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2021, 09:07:12 AM »
Sceptimatic, why do you think the tank can't hold more than 30 minutes worth of oxygen?
The size of it.
Okay! So, how much oxygen do you think it holds, and how much bigger would it need to be? And again: why do you think it is too small, what do you compare it to?
Not 4 hours worth and certainly not 8.

rvlvr

« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2021, 09:15:55 AM »
Based on what?

You just say things without any justification. You can't defend your position in any way.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:24:33 AM by rvlvr »

Mikey T.

« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2021, 09:25:56 AM »
The size of it.
Okay! So, how much oxygen do you think it holds, and how much bigger would it need to be? And again: why do you think it is too small, what do you compare it to?
You specifically claimed 30 minutes before.  So is it 30 minutes, nearly 4 hours, what and why.  Do you have anything other than nuh uhh.

« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »
Do you understand how pressurized gas works? 

You’re asking the person who claims gas pressure causes things to have weight.  So obviously not.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2021, 09:29:55 AM »

You’re asking the person who claims gas pressure causes things to have weight.  So obviously not.

If scepti were a truck driver, he would flatten his tires before goings on to the scales so as to significantly reduce the weight of his load.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2021, 09:30:57 AM »
Based on what?

You just say things without any justification. You can't defend your position in any way.
Pretty easy to defend when you look from a realistic point of view, like on Earth.

But this is so called space and it's all different...right?
Pfffffftttt.

Mikey T.

« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »
Based on what?

Pretty easy to defend when you look from a realistic point of view, like on Earth.

Pfffffftttt.
How is it different when talking about volume? 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »

If scepti were a truck driver, he would flatten his tires before goings on to the scales so as to significantly reduce the weight of his load.
Totally way out with your thought.
This is why I know you people have no clue about my process...but I won't argue that on here.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2021, 09:34:57 AM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
You'll only get so much liquid oxy litreage in those small tanks, no matter how much you try to dress it up.

rvlvr

« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
All this means only that you have exactly nothing to base your claim on.

Can't you see how pathetic that is? Are you really that oblivious? Why would anyone believe you when you cannot even say how you've come to the conclusion?

Mikey T.

« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2021, 09:38:17 AM »

Totally way out with your thought.
This is why I know you people have no clue about my process...but I won't argue that on here.
Process?  You have no process.  You have basic nuh uhh responses, a bit more imagination than the average FE since you do espouse a slightly different model than most but you never justify any claims.  Never do anything but argue from a position of nothing.  No justification for baseless claims, nothing but BS.  But I like it. 

Mikey T.

« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2021, 09:39:44 AM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
You'll only get so much liquid oxy litreage in those small tanks, no matter how much you try to dress it up.
If it is liquid oxygen, then 1 liter boiled off to a 5 psi gas is more than enough for 1 human for 1 24 hour period.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2021, 09:41:32 AM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
All this means only that you have exactly nothing to base your claim on.

Can't you see how pathetic that is? Are you really that oblivious? Why would anyone believe you when you cannot even say how you've come to the conclusion?
You have absolutely nothing to base against what I'm saying, other than adherence to magical space oddities.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2021, 09:42:09 AM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
If it is liquid oxygen, then 1 liter boiled off to a 5 psi gas is more than enough for 1 human for 1 24 hour period.
Not a chance.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »
Your problem is, you're thinking an oxy tube up the nostrils accompanied by natural 14.5 psi of  external air gives you 24 hours.
We aren't talking about that, are we?
We're talking about these so called astronauts breathing only that in their suits.

Try again.

rvlvr

« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2021, 10:07:45 AM »
*We need a new login system for this game."
"It can't be done."
"What do you mean? It takes too much time, we haven't got the people?"
"It can't be done"
"..."

"We managed, I have it here. Want to see?"
"No it's not. It can't be done."
"It is here, it is live."
"No it's not."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:10:50 AM by rvlvr »

Mikey T.

« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2021, 10:12:07 AM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
Not a chance.
Why not, explain. 

« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2021, 10:13:32 AM »
The size of it.

I don't understand why you stated not 4 hours and certainly not 8 hours worth of oxygen? The plss units are much larger than an air tank worn by a scuba diver that can last an hour. But we aren't talking about a compressed air tank, we are talking about compressed oxygen tanks. Big difference. A diver is constantly expelling carbon dioxide into the water, whereas the astronauts are constantly expelling carbon dioxide into their suits.

So, when you used a telescope to look up at the night sky, let me guess, you only chose to look at Uranus?  :D

Mikey T.

« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2021, 10:15:04 AM »
Your problem is, you're thinking an oxy tube up the nostrils accompanied by natural 14.5 psi of  external air gives you 24 hours.
We aren't talking about that, are we?
We're talking about these so called astronauts breathing only that in their suits.

Try again.
No I am not.  I am talking about what 1 liter of liquid oxygen will boil off to in relation to how much a human needs to survive.  That gaseous volume at 5 psi is enough for 1 human to survive on for at least 24 hours.  Nothing to do with an oxygen tube.  Where did I ever claim that?
Both my Mother in law and Father had COPD and I did help with their oxygen.  They used way less oxygen directly from a tank than 1 liter per day, they don't normally use LOX anyway. 
And we aren't even talking about CO2 scrubbers in the suit extending that time yet. 
So why is it not enough?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:31:45 AM by Mikey T. »

« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
sceppy isn't going to explain the conspiracy?

Mikey T.

« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2021, 10:24:59 AM »
Not asking him about the conspiracy, or circles, or tube vision in this thread.  I just want some justification for the baseless claims.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:32:13 AM by Mikey T. »

« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2021, 10:57:21 AM »
all your long winded answers are waved away as startrek.
his reason is that it's a conspiracy.
so now he has to explain the conspiracy.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2021, 12:10:08 PM »
Based on what?

Pfffffftttt.
Yes, things can be quite different when you only need 1/3 normal atmospheric pressure.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JackBlack

« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2021, 02:45:20 PM »
The size of it.
Not enough.
Do the math. Show it should only support people for 30 minutes.
Because so far all you have is your pathetic claim to go against reality.
If they said it would only hold 30 minutes of oxygen you would likely object and claim it only held 5 minutes, because you make up whatever BS you can to pretend it doesn't work, to pretend there is a problem, because you can't actually show any problem.

Now, can you clearly explain why it should only work for 30 minutes, or can you just continue to ridicule?

It is pretty easy to defend against your nonsense.
Again, you never make any actual arguments to support your BS.
All you do is spout a bunch of baseless claims. It is trivial to defend against those baseless claims, by merely pointing they are baseless.

Conversely you basically never defend your BS; because you can't.

If it was actually easy to defend you would have started to defend it already.

So prove you only get 30 minutes worth.

Otherwise, how do we know this little amount wont be 30 days worth?

Again, if you want to assert such utter BS you need more than just your baseless allegation.
Prove it would only last 30 minutes, otherwise you are just blatantly lying to everyone to try to dismiss reality.

That involves actual math.
That involves showing what is the maximum amount of oxygen that could be stored in the tank, and then by using that and how much people need per unit time, how long it could last for.
And when doing that you need to account for the compression into the tank and decompression when it leaves the tank.

But we both know you have no interest in actually doing that, because if you did, you would show quite clearly that you were wrong, and that it would last more than 30 minutes.
So instead you just continually the same pathetic claims, with no justification or defense at all.

So perhaps time for some simple questions for you:
How much oxygen could that tank hold? Not as a time based unit, but either as pressure and volume, or mass (and show all working).
How much oxygen does a human need every hour?

If you can't answer those trivial question, you have no basis for your outright lie that the tank would only last 30 minutes.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2021, 09:33:47 PM »

All they did was increase the oxygen pressure levels in the canisters they took on the Apollo 17 mission, enabling the astronauts to have more oxygen in their personal life support systems, as well as inside the LM. They had extra batteries because they were staying an extra day. The plss packs enabled 7 hours of extravehicular activity, depending on the user's metabolic rate, and the tank was replenished from the LM oxygen supply.

Of course they did.
They just doubled the pressure, no problem.
They just flung in a few extra batteries. No problem.

Minus 250 in the shade and plus 250 in sunlight.

No issue for water or oxygen or batteries.

All magically fantastic and works every time no matter what.

You're welcome to your fantasy.
Yes, they increased the pressure, meaning they had more gaseous oxygen in the same volume.  Volume is something you intentionally lie about. 
Yes they took more batteries.  Planning ahead to increase useful EVA time is not a difficult concept to grasp. 
I explained before how a vacuum is excellent insulation.  Your incredulity over the big temperature numbers means nothing.
Why is there an issue for water if they planned ahead? 

Why do you think there is only 30 minutes of oxygen in the tanks?  Just your gut feeling about it I guess.  Incredulity is not evidence. 

I'll live in the real world, you can call it fantasy all you like.  The more you blatantly put your indoctrination on display, have nothing to base your outlandish claims on, and keep claiming everything you don't understand is fantasy, the more naive people get turned away from FE before they get brainwashed.  Please continue being this transparently indoctrinated.
A vacuum is excellent insulation against, what?
Thermal transfer, sound, friction, compression waves, etc.  An... insulator.
So tell me how the batteries withstand the 250 degree cold in the shade, as we're told.

Insulation was mentioned....but what does insulation do in a vacuum of your space? And what is the insulation?

rvlvr

« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »
So you have nothing on even the oxygen tanks.

Just inane question after inane question, moving to another topic when you are shown to be completely incapable of providing any evidence that’d actually give you a reason to spout the stuff you do.

”I am of the opinion X due to Y.”

You happily omit the ”due to” part. In your world that is not required.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:22:25 PM by rvlvr »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2021, 10:42:11 PM »
So you have nothing on even the oxygen tanks.

Just inane question after inane question, moving to another topic when you are shown to be completely incapable of providing any evidence that’d actually give you a reason to spout the stuff you do.

”I am of the opinion X due to Y.”

You happily omit the ”due to” part. In your world that is not required.
You are not obliged to respond to me. You are not obliged to offer any found info. You are free to go and do your own thing.

Don't mind me, just ignore me.