The Billionaires

• 56 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
The Billionaires
« on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/09/think-twice-before-changing-tax-rules-soak-billionaires/

archive https://archive.is/ZBn5P

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-secret-irs-files-trove-of-never-before-seen-records-reveal-how-the-wealthiest-avoid-income-tax

We already knew the billionaires aren't paying income taxes. I think the opinion piece in the Washington Post is weird. I mean, Bezos owns the Post, and there are other options besides what is offered in the article. They could pay taxes on gains over a certain amount.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: The Billionaires
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »
The old "don't stop us from doing this bad thing because we might do something bad" warning.

Stop resisting.

Keep flinching and I'll hit you harder.

I'll give you something to cry about.

The ultra wealthy are the abusive stepdads for the rest of us.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 02:30:46 PM »
It's okay.  The feds are on it.  They've already gotten law enforcement involved to find out who leaked this information.

The sad thing is that as far as I can tell what these billionaires have done is legal.  I don't think this story is getting the exposure that it deserves just because we all assumed this is probably the case.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »
The way I figure it, the fact that billionaires are able to become billionaires proves that they can afford to pay their fair share of taxes.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 03:31:43 PM »
How much is a fair share?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 03:33:32 PM »
Probably more than 3%

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 03:37:55 PM »
99.9% is more than 3%
Answer the question

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 03:46:41 PM »
Are being defensive about the billionaires?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 10:57:42 PM »

From each according to his ability,  to each according to his needs. 

LOL.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 11:21:31 PM »

I mean, I pay 34% so at least that but less than 51%
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 04:09:31 AM »

What do you think it should be?

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 06:18:11 AM »
From each according to his ability,  to each according to his needs. 

LOL.

I always hated that idea. If one's ability is to perform brain surgery, and if one's ability is to shovel shit, then both people are contributing positively to society and doing things that need to be done. But only of those people deserves a larger compensation -- I'll let you figure out who it is.

What do you think it should be?

More than a measly 3.4%. And definitely more than just 0.1% for Mr. Buffet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 06:21:04 AM by Jamie »
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 09:08:30 AM »
According to the church, 10% across the board seems about right.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2021, 09:51:43 AM »
People should realize that one doesnt get to be a billionaire if one has average ethical standards. You gotta be a narcisstic p.o.s. to be a billionair.

Wasn't there even one of them saying 'I don't do charity, because if I keep the money I can make more money, so when I die I can give even more money to charitiy!!'?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:56:46 AM by Definitely Not Swedish »
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
Being a sociopath probably helps too.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 10:08:06 AM »
We must protect the sociopaths from the evil taxes.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 11:03:01 AM »
Let's agree to call them narcissistic sociopaths, okay?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 12:08:41 PM »
Let's agree to call them narcissistic sociopaths, okay?
Being that rich buys them the luxury of not caring what we call them.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »
Vox writes an article defending Blackrock, the CEO of General Atlantic sits on the board of directors of Blackrock. It's hard not to be cynical about the media when you start to see how it all works to protect the billionaires of the world.

General Atlantic and Vox partnership https://www.generalatlantic.com/media-article/vox-media-ga-announce-strategic-partnership/

https://www.vox.com/22524829/wall-street-housing-market-blackrock-bubble

William E. Ford is the CEO https://www.generalatlantic.com/people/team/william-ford/  and https://ir.blackrock.com/governance/board-of-directors/default.aspx

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2021, 10:19:40 AM »
Oh yeah. It's rare for large news corporations to legitimately, consistently criticize the very billionaires who fund them.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 10:44:45 AM »
There's some independent media sources that discuss this.

But yeah, anything mainstream is going to sort of downplay this.  I partly blame billionaire influence.  But I think a lot of it has to do with billionaires not paying taxes being something we all just sort of assumed.  So it's simultaneously terrible but also boring. 

The system is rigged for the super rich and that sucks.  Is anyone seriously going to disagree with that?  Maybe Bullwinkle I guess.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 12:07:35 PM »
It really sucks that the super rich have a monopoly on the media. I know there are independent media because I look for it, but I think a lot of people still think what they read on known sites (or watch on TV) is the truth.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2021, 02:02:11 AM »
The funniest part is that Bezos apparently even got a $4000 handout to raise his children because on paper he was poor lmao
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2021, 06:42:19 AM »
The funniest part is that Bezos apparently even got a $4000 handout to raise his children because on paper he was poor lmao
I think what you meant to say is he was actually poor because he had a year in which he had $0 in income.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

?

Eren

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 10:21:37 PM »
Vox writes an article defending Blackrock, the CEO of General Atlantic sits on the board of directors of Blackrock.

Why is Blackrock buying up all your real estate?

?

Eren

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 10:28:34 PM »
Here is blackrocks board of directors if anyone is interested, seems like the usual bunch of "white men."
https://ir.blackrock.com/governance/board-of-directors/default.aspx

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2021, 11:03:09 PM »
There should be no billionaires in modern world. But as long as we have Corporate stooges like Biden and Kamala we gonna have a nation of rich and poor. Just pay Hunter few million dollars for his "art" and you will get access to his Daddy all the Irish favors. Trump and Putin were gonna put an end to Billionaires but you guys voted for sleepy Joe. Sucks to be you.
JJA voted for Pedro

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2021, 06:17:54 AM »
There should be no billionaires in modern world. But as long as we have Corporate stooges like Biden and Kamala we gonna have a nation of rich and poor. Just pay Hunter few million dollars for his "art" and you will get access to his Daddy all the Irish favors. Trump and Putin were gonna put an end to Billionaires but you guys voted for sleepy Joe. Sucks to be you.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The only billionaire Trump got rid of was himself when he bankrupted himself into poverty multiple times due to being an idiot.

As for Putin, he owns half of Russia wealth at this point and gave the other half to all his friends and made them billionaires.

Poe's law once again on full display. I can't assume this is a troll because so many Republicans have convinced themselves that a greedy money grubbing narcissist like Trump is in actuality, trying to help all them poor folks. It's a mystery how anyone can be so delusional.

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2021, 10:42:24 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The only billionaire Trump got rid of was himself when he bankrupted himself into poverty multiple times due to being an idiot.

As for Putin, he owns half of Russia wealth at this point and gave the other half to all his friends and made them billionaires.

Poe's law once again on full display. I can't assume this is a troll because so many Republicans have convinced themselves that a greedy money grubbing narcissist like Trump is in actuality, trying to help all them poor folks. It's a mystery how anyone can be so delusional.

Really? Is this why most Russian billionaires live in Western Europe? Cause Putin gave them money? No friend they fled Russia and will be arrested if they come back cause Putin is for the people not billionaires.

Whether Trump wants to help the poor or not is irrelevant. Trump wants to benefit Americans, Biden benefits third world and is on a mission to end American for good.
JJA voted for Pedro

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2021, 05:57:44 AM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Really? Is this why most Russian billionaires live in Western Europe? Cause Putin gave them money? No friend they fled Russia and will be arrested if they come back cause Putin is for the people not billionaires.

Whether Trump wants to help the poor or not is irrelevant. Trump wants to benefit Americans, Biden benefits third world and is on a mission to end American for good.

Please cite your source for 'most Russian billionaires live in Western Europe'  and list what percentage of them are threatened with arrest. And no, voices in your head are not a credible source.

The majority of Russian billionaires live in Moscow. Try doing some actual research instead of just making up stuff.  ::)