Two sunsets

• 10 Replies
Two sunsets
« on: May 26, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »
So I flew from North Carolina to Pennsylvania the other day.  I was looking West from the airport terminal, and watched the sunset.  The sunset was completely done and it was dark when the plane took off.  I cannot tell you the cruising altitude of the plane, but by the time it leveled off, there it was for the second time;  The sunset.  The Earth being a globe affords a simple explanation for this phenomenon.   Flat Earthers say that the sun can't be seen due to its distance, and the density of the air makes it vanish earlier when you are on the ground.  Can someone from the Flat Earth community tell me how far away the sun is when it vanishes from full size to nothing within minutes?  And, why can't I continue to see the sun if I use these high powered binoculars that my cousin gave me if it is the distance that causes the sun to vanish.

Shifter

Re: Two sunsets
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 12:04:00 AM »
Some claim this phenonom on the Burj Khalifa that they start ramadan 4 minutes later on the top floor or such nonsense.

Ovbiously the higher you are the greater your field of vision. That's it. On ground level you have denser air and particulates and you are surrounded by buildings, mountains, trees etc. The horizon is not always visible to 0 degrees. Go higher and you overcome these obsticles and you can see the sun briefly again

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 02:17:04 AM »
Some claim this phenonom on the Burj Khalifa that they start ramadan 4 minutes later on the top floor or such nonsense.

Ovbiously the higher you are the greater your field of vision. That's it. On ground level you have denser air and particulates and you are surrounded by buildings, mountains, trees etc. The horizon is not always visible to 0 degrees. Go higher and you overcome these obsticles and you can see the sun briefly again
That makes zero sense.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 02:24:06 AM »

That makes zero sense.
That is a very convincing argument.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 03:34:29 AM »

That makes zero sense.
It makes perfect sense if you use logic.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 07:10:10 AM »

That makes zero sense.
It makes perfect sense if you use logic.

Maybe your logic is different from mine.

According to many of your FE models the Sun is closer than the stars. Even in your last promoted model of the large carbon light encased in a crystal the Sun cannot be further from any possible star, as they all are reflections after all. So, as soon as the Sun sets (i.e. becomes invisible for whatever reason) right on the same spot of the sky stars (and possibly planets) begin to shine. These are much smaller even according to the FE models. And obviously, are much dimmer than the Sun. But somehow they are visible, while the Sun is not. Even with binoculars it is not to be seen, while the stars are shining right there. How that can be on a FE? Have in mind that atmospheric conditions are the same for both. Refraction, air pollution, etc. are all the same both for the Sun and the stars, arenít they?

You know, with RE there is no problem explaining this. Simple logic.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 08:54:04 AM »

That makes zero sense.
That is a very convincing argument.
It's not an argument, just a statement of fact.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 03:28:07 PM »

I can do the exact same thing on the shore of an ocean, where there are no trees, buildings or mountains in the way and if I fly a drone upwards I can see the sun after it set.  So no, it's not a big building getting in the way. It is however, a big spherical planet getting in the way!

If you are claiming 'air density' is the cause, that's also easily disproved as I can fly a drone up into the air before sunset and the sun doesn't suddenly get brighter. Nothing changes.

Got any arguments that make sense? :)

?

MidnightWolf9908

• The fact that I had to make this account is sad
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 10:13:55 AM »

How can you just dismiss the Burj Khalifa thing without trying it (or seeing a video of someone else doing so)?
Where do I put the signature?

Shifter

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 10:19:53 AM »

How can you just dismiss the Burj Khalifa thing without trying it (or seeing a video of someone else doing so)?

I'm not saying people on the top floor dont see the sun for a few moments after those on the bottom. I'm saying this '2 sunsets' argument is not a slam dunk, hands down argument for a spherical Earth spaceship zooming through space at 30km/s around a sun that's moving at 200km/s

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2021, 01:13:08 PM »
So the second part of my question is;  If it is distance that causes the sunset, why can't I still see the sunset by using my high powered binoculars?  Also, can someone tell me the actual distance in kilometers or miles away from me where the sun vanishes?  One more point I'd like to make.  On a hazy day, you can still see the sun setting at the predicted time, even though distance vision is limited.