If earth is round......

• 61 Replies

Mikey T.

Re: If earth is round......
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 07:32:14 AM »
Watched the video without sound for now.  Looks curved.  Looks like tall buildings on the opposite shore are behind the horizon, or under water, yikes. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 08:11:57 AM »
Nothing surprises me with certain globalists.

For all those genuine people out there.

Mikey T.

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 11:15:52 AM »
Still looks round

Roughly same angle different day/weather conditions
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 12:24:23 PM by Mikey T. »

JackBlack

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 03:02:41 PM »
Look at the video, like I said.
Take a good look at the video.
Continually ignoring what is wrong with your claims regarding the video wont magically change it.

You shouldn't be surprised at people questioning your evidence which is incapable of distinguishing if Earth is curved or flat.
If you were genuine, you would accept that rather than continually pretend your video/photo alone proves Earth is flat and ignoring all the evidence to the contrary.

Again, your video has massive distortion.
It is not capable of detecting the curve.
As such, it is useless for determining if Earth curves or not.

Again, it is like you showing a picture of water in your sink and claiming that because you can't detect the curvature there, Earth must be flat.
There is nothing genuine about your arguments at all.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 03:13:13 PM »

I like how the bottom of the towers raises above the ground in the background.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Mikey T.

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2021, 03:49:42 PM »
It's a nice superior mirage.  Must have been much colder that night than it was during that photo.  The water was much colder than the air above it.

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2021, 11:01:08 AM »
Of course you want to forget the math. You want to hide it all the time considering how often it so easily demonstrates your claims are pure garbage.
If you actually had reality backing you up, you would want to use the math, as it would then support you.

You aren't using any math for the argument of the pylons supposedly curving up and over and away from the vantage point but want to argue it because I mentioned showing it from a left to right similar distant view.

You see, it won't show curve in that situation because it's level.

You need no math for visual in this case.

There are four sets of high tension power lines that cross Lake Pontchartrain, each of varying lengths.  The one in question is roughly 16 miles in length on the western side of the lake.  Because of its length and the fact that you are at sea level (technically 1 foot above sea level), the horizon is 3.1 miles away, meaning there is no way you can see the entire transmission line no matter how far away from it you stand. 

Looking at your other posts, you are predictably being stubborn about the evidence provided.  Here are more photos at Lake P, showing the curvature again:

Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 10:28:30 PM »

JackBlack

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2021, 02:19:44 AM »

Posting the same image with massive distortion which makes it so you can't tell if Earth is round or not, will not magically make Earth flat.

There are plenty of images, with far less distortion, clearly showing Earth is round that you are yet to address.

Are you planning on addressing them, or will you just keep on ignoring them and pretending they don't exist?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2021, 04:17:37 AM »

How does posting a clear photoshop job advance the integrity of your position?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Mikey T.

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »
Yay, no reasoning, no explanation of what was "photoshopped", just a standard claim of fake photos when they don't show what you want. 
Same programmed responses from brainwashed cult members as usual.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2021, 05:19:31 AM »
Yay, no reasoning, no explanation of what was "photoshopped", just a standard claim of fake photos when they don't show what you want. 

If you think that photo wasn't manipulated then you're a moron

The black line along the bottom abruptly 'ends' and then the gradual line at the top which follows a gentle angle towards the centre suddenly has a sheer drop off to nothingness. I would also say the ocean looks to have a blur job around its edge as well as if it is being patched over something else

Also I'm pretty sure the giant white circle wasn't in the original photo :P But in seriousness it would have looked better to you the stock photo and ask the user to zoom in themselves. Think about the people you are debating with here and how much aversion they have to any manipulated image.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Gumwars

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 07:01:23 AM »

What part of the photo do you take exception to?  Is it the magnified detail or something else?
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2021, 07:26:23 AM »

What part of the photo do you take exception to?  Is it the magnified detail or something else?

If you are debating with flat earthers who take exception to any photoshopped job, it is better practice to show them a raw unedited picture and invite them to zoom in on the part in question you want them to examine

Once you modify it with circles, arrows and a zoom, not only is it immediately condescending (which will always put the other off side), but it is a tactic people use when they want to disguise photoshopped jobs elsewhere. By making it apparent that the picture has been edited (even if in a harmless and honest way)

So you get the raw photo and you give them that. That would be better

Zooming in on a compressed picture always looks dodgy. You are not increasing the resolution with the zoom so it's not actually showing anything more anyway

Know your place

Mikey T.

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2021, 09:35:56 AM »

The black line along the bottom abruptly 'ends' and then the gradual line at the top which follows a gentle angle towards the centre suddenly has a sheer drop off to nothingness. I would also say the ocean looks to have a blur job around its edge as well as if it is being patched over something else

Also I'm pretty sure the giant white circle wasn't in the original photo :P But in seriousness it would have looked better to you the stock photo and ask the user to zoom in themselves. Think about the people you are debating with here and how much aversion they have to any manipulated image.
So you have no idea how photoshop/refraction/magnification works and you want to claim photoshopped in the way that makes it seem like you mean altered to show something that was never there but then when questioned you point to the magnification highlight that was added.  Yeah we know the circle wasn't there in the original image, it is a zoomed in portion to highlight an area.  Way to prove how dishonest and petty you really are yet again.

So discussing the refraction present in the image where you mentioned the "black line".  What do you think we're the temperature conditions of the water vs the air above?  How pronounced was the temperature gradient for a few feet above the water surface?  Your best guess please.  Then I may explain how refraction and mirages work, not for you, you are just another worthless dishonest FE sheep or internet troll, for anyone who actually is undecided.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2021, 09:46:29 AM »

So you have no idea how photoshop/refraction/magnification works and you want to claim photoshopped in the way that makes it seem like you mean altered to show something that was never there but then when questioned you point to the magnification highlight that was added.  Yeah we know the circle wasn't there in the original image, it is a zoomed in portion to highlight an area.  Way to prove how dishonest and petty you really are yet again.

So discussing the refraction present in the image where you mentioned the "black line".  What do you think we're the temperature conditions of the water vs the air above?  How pronounced was the temperature gradient for a few feet above the water surface?  Your best guess please.  Then I may explain how refraction and mirages work, not for you, you are just another worthless dishonest FE sheep or internet troll, for anyone who actually is undecided.

I'm just telling you a better way to argue you point across to flat earthers man, I dont care if you succeed or fail in the end. If you found the raw image and got them to look at the photo themselves without the condescending help, you might better get your point across. Now you present this poor quality photo that's been through the 'photoshop' and expect serious answers?

More fool you

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2021, 09:59:49 AM »
I'm just telling you a better way to argue you point across to flat earthers man, I dont care if you succeed or fail in the end. If you found the raw image and got them to look at the photo themselves without the condescending help, you might better get your point across. Now you present this poor quality photo that's been through the 'photoshop' and expect serious answers?

More fool you

I can't even count how many times I had to post "condescending" pictures because people here were confused and swore up and down a curving line was straight.

Some people NEED those circles and zooms and arrows because they can't seem to understand simple concepts like... curves.

If you think that "posting the raw image" would get any more serious answers, well I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

But sure. New rule, no using Photoshop or even saying the name ever again because is scares flat earthers or something. Got it.  ::)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2021, 10:14:16 AM »

More fool you

I can't even count how many times I had to post "condescending" pictures because people here were confused and swore up and down a curving line was straight.

Some people NEED those circles and zooms and arrows because they can't seem to understand simple concepts like... curves.

If you think that "posting the raw image" would get any more serious answers, well I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

But sure. New rule, no using Photoshop or even saying the name ever again because is scares flat earthers or something. Got it.  ::)

Well then it's a catch 22 isn't it? They NEED the circles and shit which basically says the image was put through the Photoshop but then they wont take your answer seriously because the photo was in some way Photoshopped

So maybe the only way to win is not play at all

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2021, 11:07:38 AM »

More fool you

Well then it's a catch 22 isn't it? They NEED the circles and shit which basically says the image was put through the Photoshop but then they wont take your answer seriously because the photo was in some way Photoshopped

There is no winning with a conspiracy nut. They didn't come to their beliefs via logic and reasoning, so logic and reasoning can't lead them out of it.

All anyone can do is point out the obvious flaws and contradictions and sit back to watch the denials and just outright bizarre behavior.

Like deciding that visual aids made with 'Photoshop' are poison or something. :P

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »

More fool you

There is no winning with a conspiracy nut. They didn't come to their beliefs via logic and reasoning, so logic and reasoning can't lead them out of it.

All anyone can do is point out the obvious flaws and contradictions and sit back to watch the denials and just outright bizarre behavior.

Like deciding that visual aids made with 'Photoshop' are poison or something. :P

There have been several 'conspiracy theories' that have ended up being correct. That's not to say they are all correct, but not every conspiracy theorist charged with being a nutter has been a nutcase

Know your place

Gumwars

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2021, 11:44:56 AM »

If you are debating with flat earthers who take exception to any photoshopped job, it is better practice to show them a raw unedited picture and invite them to zoom in on the part in question you want them to examine

Once you modify it with circles, arrows and a zoom, not only is it immediately condescending (which will always put the other off side), but it is a tactic people use when they want to disguise photoshopped jobs elsewhere. By making it apparent that the picture has been edited (even if in a harmless and honest way)

So you get the raw photo and you give them that. That would be better

Zooming in on a compressed picture always looks dodgy. You are not increasing the resolution with the zoom so it's not actually showing anything more anyway

You do realize that the photo immediately above the one you're getting worked up about is taken from the same location, right?  Anyway, here's the original:

Hold up, that's the full image of the one above the one you have a problem with.  Found it:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 11:46:49 AM by Gumwars »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2021, 12:21:06 PM »
Is it original and uncompressed? Lets say it is - why throw in the other one unless you wanted to look like a condescending prick? Hardly a useful tactic to debate a flat earther with.

That other picture is not needed unless it is requested because the flat earther claims he doesn't see what you see. Normal people, not a problem to show straight up. Flat Earthers need more delicate handling because you are dealing with people who believe in a conspiracy and that they are being lied to by everyone. So taking into account that mindset, you need to debate catering for that.

Know your place

Gumwars

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2021, 12:44:53 PM »
Is it original and uncompressed? Lets say it is - why throw in the other one unless you wanted to look like a condescending prick? Hardly a useful tactic to debate a flat earther with.

Given that I do not know what equipment was used to take the photograph, I can't say if it is or isn't.  I would assume that it is not compressed and is not the original resolution.

That other picture is not needed unless it is requested because the flat earther claims he doesn't see what you see. Normal people, not a problem to show straight up.

Shifter, I honestly didn't want you to think I was up to some funny business by replacing the first pic with the second, assuming that you may have possibly seen the post before I had a chance to edit it.  I realized shortly after posting the reply that the picture I originally supplied was the wrong one.  I simply was attempting to remain transparent in our conversation.

Flat Earthers need more delicate handling because you are dealing with people who believe in a conspiracy and that they are being lied to by everyone. So taking into account that mindset, you need to debate catering for that.

Which is why I left it in there.  I didn't want you to think I was trying to switch it out.

JackBlack

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »
So other than the parts that are quite obvious and in no way a dishonest presentation implied by a photoshop job, you are saying because it shows Earth is round, and the horizon isn't perfectly clear, it is fake?

That other picture is not needed unless it is requested because the flat earther claims he doesn't see what you see. Normal people, not a problem to show straight up. Flat Earthers need more delicate handling
Yes, normal people would happily accept the curve is present.
FEers need more because unless you make it so massively apparent, they will just say there is no problem with the photo for a FE.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2021, 08:02:21 AM »
Toronto is flooding?

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2021, 01:25:45 PM »
Toronto is going to need a lot of lifeboats...

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2021, 05:00:40 PM »
Having been to Toronto, I can attest to the fact that it isn't submerged under water.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2021, 01:38:18 PM »

More fool you
Just what tool do you want us to use to do the zoom in are you sure everybody has the tools to do that, I currently do not have access even to Photoshop.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2021, 03:58:37 PM »

More fool you
Just what tool do you want us to use to do the zoom in are you sure everybody has the tools to do that, I currently do not have access even to Photoshop.

Press Ctrl and + a few times and your web browser will do a cheap zoom

Know your place

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2021, 05:11:28 AM »
Having been to Toronto, I can attest to the fact that it isn't submerged under water.
Thanks, I was thinking about visiting but the the whole "submerged in the lake" thing was really putting me off.  Same reason I've never been to Chicago.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.