Afew questions

• 2 Replies
Afew questions
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:41:42 AM »
1. what is on the other side of the Flat Earth?

2. If gravity doesn't exist, what holds us to this planet?

3. Every other object in the universe is round, what makes you think that Earth is the exception?

4. If the Ice Wall doesn't go all the way around the flat earth, what keeps you from falling off the edge of the rest of it?

5. How do you explain the accuracy of time based on round earth calculations?

6. What causes the seasonal changes?

7. If this flat earth theory has so much legitimacy, why are only 7700 people registered here?

8. do your "friends" laugh at you when you tell them the earth is flat?

9. do you prefer flat chests and asses as well?

10. Explain tides caused by lunar rotation around a round earth.

11. How good are the benefits at McDonald's these days?

I know you will tell me to read the FAQ's but I want to here a response from any and all of you in your own terms. Not a generic he said she said referral.
img]http://www.apples4theteacher.com/images/columbus-day-books/how-we-learned-the-earth-was-round.jpg[/img]

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
Afew questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
1. We don't know, we've never been there. Why don't you go see for yourself?

2. The Earth accelerates 'upwards' through space at a constant rate of 9.8m/s/s. The resulting inertia causes our feeling of 'gravity'. According to Einstein, the effects of a gravitational field and a constant acceleration are locally indistinguishable.

3. Every other object in the universe is round? How about asteroids? Galaxies? Nebulae? There are many non-spheroid objects in the universe. Besides, just because other objects are spheroid, why must the Earth be?

4. It does go all the way around.

5. Which calculations are these? Be specific.

6. The sun's path across the Earth is not perfectly circular; it varies slightly over the course of a year.

7. The conspiracy would crack down on larger, more threatening groups; the conspiracy is very effective at convincing people the Earth is round; most people simply don't care.

8. At first, maybe, but since we are generally better able to defend our model than REers are theirs, they quickly shut up.

9. No, and how is that relevant?

10. The Earth wobbles slightly.

11. I don't know; why, you looking for a job there?
the cake is a lie

Re: Afew questions
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:12:32 AM »
Adding on to dysfunction's post:

1. Again, go see for yourself.
2. Universal Acceleration, which dysfunction explained earlier a little wrong: we are accelerating at a constant 1g or about 9.8m/s/s.
3. Well, the Earth has always been special, why can't it be special in one other way?
4. Wait, doesn't it? We say that it does go all the way around.
5. The sun "orbits" above the Earth constantly.
6. The orbit and path of the sun fluctuates depending on what season it is; Northern Summer has the sun orbiting with a smaller radius than the Southern Summer.
7. How many people are on the RE forums? Oh wait, they don't exist!
8. Yes, but that is because they're ignorant of the truth.
9. I don't think that's relevant. We don't particularly like that the Earth is Flat, it just IS.
10. Again, the Earth wobbles slightly
11. Clearly not good enough for us, otherwise we would be spending time there!