A question

• 3 Replies
A question
« on: May 01, 2021, 01:44:49 AM »
Hi there, new to this organisation and just had a question about the theory as a whole, this question is genuine I am not attempting to prove or dispute anyone else's viewpoint.

Assuming the earth is indeed flat and NASA has been lying to us all, can I ask what you all believe to be the end goal of that? As in what would convincing everyone the earth is round achieve? What would they stand to gain?

Again genuine question, would appreciate some perspectives on this.

Thank you all

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: A question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:06:26 AM »
Quote from: Joe
What would they stand to gain?
There is power in entrenching any new paradigm.

Power aside, NASA alone is proposed to get 25 Billion dollars next year.  One year. One country.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

ge.wat_nyc

• Naturalist
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 07:08:45 AM »
Well, I'm just going to throw this out there for what it's worth.

If the world is indeed round - a globe - that kind of throws a whole monkey wrench into everything that religion tells us in both the old and new testaments.....

*now, after a brief pause - I'm just realizing that I did not answer your question.

I don't know - I have no answer - although I do believe that Ski is on the right track.

I'm also wondering where NASA would be today if 2001 was never made............
Job 12:7-10: But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 05:43:56 AM »
If the world is indeed round - a globe - that kind of throws a whole monkey wrench into everything that religion tells us in both the old and new testaments.....
Really?  I don't recall anywhere in the bible where it states the world is flat. What are you referring to?