What is the evidence the horizon isnt a mirage?

• 3 Replies

faded mike

• new world tattoo drill scar+++++++I'm thinkin flat
What is the evidence the horizon isnt a mirage?
« on: April 29, 2021, 12:40:07 AM »
I've concluded a simple explanation for the horizon on a flat earth is that it is just a mirage. If you see those pictures of the desssert road with patches of shimmreing mirror on them - what color is the mirror - it is reflecting the sky and is the same color as the sky.

This is what i think happens at the horizon.

i have recently heard it said, and take it as truth, that the ground ramps up when looking straight to the vanishing point, and this is not because you are looking down somewhat - it is actually an effect not described in science - the ramping up of the ground to the vanishing point.

I am pretty sure youtuber "Mr thrive and survive" talks about this ramping up of the foreground, but to what extent i am not sure.

This video shows the horizon out to sea with floating waves above the horizon potentially demonstrating this idea that the horizon is a mirror.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 11:12:18 AM by faded mike »
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

Re: What is the evidence the horizon isnt a mirage?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 04:46:58 AM »
I've not read much flat earth litterature of the greats past and present... just bouncing an idea that i think has some potential.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 11:09:35 PM »
The horizon is very evidently a mirage under certain circumstances.  For some reason, globularists are immensely satisfied with refraction being an explanation for the impossible under some circumstances when they need it, but howl in derision when it occurs elsewhere.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

faded mike

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 07:16:58 PM »
Thx for your input Ski.
Seems like long distance views are closer to flat but then they say "thats refraction"...
           -them

I am not a druggy