Elon Musk offers $100 million prize

• 42 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Elon Musk offers $100 million prize
« on: April 22, 2021, 10:46:14 PM »
https://abc.net.au/news/2021-04-23/elon-musk-offers-millions-remove-carbon-dioxide-earth-day/100090080

Billionaire Elon Musk has offered inventors $US100 million ($129 million) on Earth Day to fight global warming by developing carbon dioxide removal technology for the "largest incentive prize in history".

Here's an idea. Plant some frigging trees and quit chopping them all down!

Another 'how do I get my name and fugly mug in the news' by Elon again

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Re: Elon Musk offers $100 million prize
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 01:30:22 AM »
My first idea is: Musk stops using his enormous private jet.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 12:14:50 AM »
Elon Musk has money. That's it. He is not a genius and his ideas are plentiful being an eccentric personality but has a lot more 'miss' than 'hit' ideas (like his stupid submarine idea to rescue the kids trapped in a cave)

He brands his car 'Tesla' because someone centuries ago did the work in thinking some things and branding their image. Elon Musk rides on his coattails

If Elon was confident in his own products, the 'Tesla' cars would be known as 'Musk'

Elons Musk.... Eeewww   :o

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 02:47:05 AM »
"What is Elon Musk's IQ? It's estimated that Elon Musk's IQ is 155 – though an exact number is not known, at least publicly. Based on a previous aptitude test that he's taken and his various abilities, it is generally accepted that his IQ is around 155.Oct 6, 2020"

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 02:55:05 AM »
"What is Elon Musk's IQ? It's estimated that Elon Musk's IQ is 155 – though an exact number is not known, at least publicly. Based on a previous aptitude test that he's taken and his various abilities, it is generally accepted that his IQ is around 155.Oct 6, 2020"

Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawkings IQ was estimated around 160. I wouldn't say Elons intellect, certainly in the field of science is anywhere near that level

He has money and is astute at business. If that is what he spends his 'genius' on, it means nothing to the world of science. Elon Musk's character and personality is disgusting. Who calls someone who risks their lives to save children a 'pedo'? Oh, Elon Musk does.

If Elon is so brilliant, he wouldn't need to outsource genius to inventing carbon capture. He'd be able to do the work himself.

Know your place

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 12:39:13 PM »
Elon has never claimed to be a scientist nor have ever heard anyone reference he is.  His academic degree is in economics and he was a physics drop out.  His first start up companies sold for near $2 billion USD between Paypal and Compaq and is now is one of the wealthiest people in the world.

It's well know that Nicola Tesla had wild ideas and went crazy later in his life.  The Tesla name is very suiting for Musk's unorthodox approach.

He runs a business that invests in tech and while many of his crazy ideas go no farther than discussion, he get's a lot of press from the few ideas that do make it fruition.  His ideas and investments are a huge asset to engineering and science.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 12:53:29 PM »
Elon Musk is my hero. I love Elon Musk

JJA did you forget your login or something?

Well back to this $100 million prize, you can bet whoever comes up with the genius invention will simply get the $100 million for Elon to buy it off you, so he can patent it under his name, take the credit and then call it something stupid (eg 'Boring company' because it bores HAHAHA forget to laugh at that lame arse Dad joke)

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 01:07:51 PM »

Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawkings IQ was estimated around 160. I wouldn't say Elons intellect, certainly in the field of science is anywhere near that level

He has money and is astute at business. If that is what he spends his 'genius' on, it means nothing to the world of science. Elon Musk's character and personality is disgusting. Who calls someone who risks their lives to save children a 'pedo'? Oh, Elon Musk does.

If Elon is so brilliant, he wouldn't need to outsource genius to inventing carbon capture. He'd be able to do the work himself. 
Can everyone please, PLEASE stop paying any attention whatsoever to these people who claim to have "estimated" the IQs of people who are not known to have taken IQ tests? They're pretty much throwing around random numbers.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 01:40:36 PM »

Well back to this $100 million prize, you can bet whoever comes up with the genius invention will simply get the $100 million for Elon to buy it off you, so he can patent it under his name, take the credit and then call it something stupid (eg 'Boring company' because it bores HAHAHA forget to laugh at that lame arse Dad joke)

Why did you just lie and misquote me?  Don't put words in my mouth to suit your agenda.
I repotted this to a mod as it's very offensive.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:49:41 PM by Zippy »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 02:35:44 PM »

Why did you just lie and misquote me?  Don't put words in my mouth to suit your agenda.

It's just paraphrasing. Don't take it so hard

Know your place

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 03:14:19 PM »

No it's not "paraphrase" and it's offensive.  I have never stated anything more than facts and nothing about my impressions of the individual. 
DON'T post things I have not said or put words in my mouth! 

Don't take it hard? F**k you!  Would you like me posting fake quotes under your name that misrepresent you?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 03:20:27 PM by Zippy »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »

No it's not "paraphrase" and it's offensive.  I have never stated anything more than facts and nothing about my impressions of the individual. 

Don't take it hard? F**k you!  Would you like me posting fake quotes under your name that misrepresent you?

It's a joke, not a dick... So yeah, no need to take it so hard

C'mon man, don't be so mad at a few carefully placed pixels on a screen. Chill out. Go find a way to capture carbon. Your idol will pay you $100 million buckazoids for it. No homo

Know your place

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 04:22:56 PM »
Elon's not going to fuck you.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »

It's a joke, not a dick... So yeah, no need to take it so hard

C'mon man, don't be so mad at a few carefully placed pixels on a screen. Chill out. Go find a way to capture carbon. Your idol will pay you $100 million buckazoids for it. No homo

-Anyone putting words in my mouth and misrepresentation is not taken lightly. 
-You've done it again by calling him my idol, not my words or has been posted.

Why do you keep lying to ,try to, prove your agenda?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 06:51:36 PM »
Ok ok. We get it. You think he's a giant dick too.

So apart from him having a gutter trash personality and overblown ego, what about his 100 million 'prize'

I think he's shit, and if I came up with some cool technology like that, I wouldn't give it to him! I'd be paid more by keeping it under my name given almost every business on the planet producing carbon will want it

On the face of it, Elon looks like he's nice, (oh wow! A $100 million prize!) but when you really look at things, you see his dick personality

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 07:03:38 PM »
I think he's shit, and if I came up with some cool technology like that, I wouldn't give it to him!
What makes you think that the technology would necessarily go to him?  As I understand it, the rules for winning the prize have not been finalized yet.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 07:09:35 PM »
I think he's shit, and if I came up with some cool technology like that, I wouldn't give it to him!
What makes you think that the technology would necessarily go to him?  As I understand it, the rules for winning the prize have not been finalized yet.

It's Elon. You invent the tech and he will take the credit. The $100 million is not just an incentive to invent it.... It's hush money to ensure you STFU when you see him increase his billions with it

If I'm wrong, ok. But I bet I'm right

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 07:33:48 PM »
It's Elon. You invent the tech and he will take the credit. The $100 million is not just an incentive to invent it.... It's hush money to ensure you STFU when you see him increase his billions with it
I'm not sure if you understand the concept of "hush money".

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 07:52:03 PM »

Well fine, if you think 'hush money' is an expression only to be used when something dodgy is occurring then call it  STFU money. Because you will want to sook when you see its a pittance to its actual value

Know your place

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 01:37:42 AM »
Can everyone please, PLEASE stop paying any attention whatsoever to these people who claim to have "estimated" the IQs of people who are not known to have taken IQ tests? They're pretty much throwing around random numbers.
From my words and actions I've estimated my own IQ to be over 400.

Using the same methodology Shifter came out at 42.  Sorry Shifter, but this is science and you can't argue with science.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2021, 02:34:23 AM »
From my words and actions I've estimated my own IQ to be over 400.

Using the same methodology Shifter came out at 42.  Sorry Shifter, but this is science and you can't argue with science.

It is what it is

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2021, 06:53:05 AM »

Well fine, if you think 'hush money' is an expression only to be used when something dodgy is occurring then call it  STFU money. Because you will want to sook when you see its a pittance to its actual value
First of all, how to you shut someone up in a public contest?  Secondly, what makes you think that there will only be one invention entered in the contest?  Large scale carbon sequestration is going to take a variety of approaches from a lot of different companies.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »

First of all, how to you shut someone up in a public contest?  Secondly, what makes you think that there will only be one invention entered in the contest?  Large scale carbon sequestration is going to take a variety of approaches from a lot of different companies.

I mean, you sign over your invention to Elon Musk and you get a 'prize' of $100 million. Elon then turns that prize into a business venture and makes billions. You signed over any rights you had to the invention when you took the $100 million so you must kindly STFU as you watch Elon make all the money and take all the credit for saving the world with your invention

At least, that is my take on Elons offering and what he would do.

Does he look like a trustworthy nice bloke to you?

Know your place

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2021, 08:37:26 AM »
I really don't understand why people care what Elon Musk does.  He is like any other business person.  He found a market to make money and ran with it.

I'd rather talk about Zippy.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2021, 09:58:51 AM »
[H]is ideas are plentiful being an eccentric personality but has a lot more 'miss' than 'hit' ideas (like his stupid submarine idea to rescue the kids trapped in a cave)

And what's wrong with that? Most entrepreneurs have more misses than hits. Musk took large gambles on ideas; luck played a part in that the ones he took the largest gambles on (technologically, business-facing, customer-facing) paid off. He did not sink billions of dollars into a submarine rescue; using that as an example of a bad idea has nothing to do with business success.

Being a genius does not make you as successful a money maker as Musk. Law of large numbers ... lots of people take huge risks. Most fail. Someone will make the exact right choices and land on the top of the heap. If not Musk, someone else.

At which point Shifter would be complaining about how much of a douchenozzle that person is.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2021, 10:16:37 AM »
I mean, you sign over your invention to Elon Musk and you get a 'prize' of $100 million.
Where does it say that you have to sign over the invention to collect the prize? ???

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2021, 10:29:22 AM »
[H]is ideas are plentiful being an eccentric personality but has a lot more 'miss' than 'hit' ideas (like his stupid submarine idea to rescue the kids trapped in a cave)

And what's wrong with that? Most entrepreneurs have more misses than hits. Musk took large gambles on ideas; luck played a part in that the ones he took the largest gambles on (technologically, business-facing, customer-facing) paid off. He did not sink billions of dollars into a submarine rescue; using that as an example of a bad idea has nothing to do with business success.

Being a genius does not make you as successful a money maker as Musk. Law of large numbers ... lots of people take huge risks. Most fail. Someone will make the exact right choices and land on the top of the heap. If not Musk, someone else.

At which point Shifter would be complaining about how much of a douchenozzle that person is.

When Musk was told to butt out of the rescue because he was not being helpful and when he was told that his stupid submarine wouldn't work he got all offended and retaliated by calling the rescue person a 'pedo guy'.

Elon Musk is a shit garbage human, unworthy of admiration. Who the F calls people risking their lives selflessly to help others pedophiles?

I mean, you sign over your invention to Elon Musk and you get a 'prize' of $100 million.
Where does it say that you have to sign over the invention to collect the prize? ???

Wait for it, I'm sure the small print will come in time. This is Elon Musk we are talking about. I would be surprised if the $100 million were gifted to a winner with no strings attached.

While removing carbon from the air is great, I think we should be looking at eliminating or heavily reducing our reliance on emitting CO2 in the first place.

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »
When Musk was told to butt out of the rescue because he was not being helpful and when he was told that his stupid submarine wouldn't work he got all offended and retaliated by calling the rescue person a 'pedo guy'.

Elon Musk is a shit garbage human, unworthy of admiration. Who the F calls people risking their lives selflessly to help others pedophiles?

Elon Musk wins defamation case over 'pedo guy' tweet about caver
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50695593

Interesting. The defense used this "JDart" argument I've never heard of:

"One of the smartest moves by Elon Musk's defence was in introducing the concept of "JDart", an acronym to describe their client's conduct on Twitter in relation to the infamous "pedo guy" tweet.

A JDart, lawyer Alex Spiro explained, meant: a Joke that was badly received, therefore Deleted, with an Apology and then Responsive Tweets to move on from the matter. JDart."

Even more interesting, the Diver guy's attorney was none other than Lin Wood. Wow.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »

"One of the smartest moves by Elon Musk's defence was in introducing the concept of "JDart", an acronym to describe their client's conduct on Twitter in relation to the infamous "pedo guy" tweet.

A JDart, lawyer Alex Spiro explained, meant: a Joke that was badly received, therefore Deleted, with an Apology and then Responsive Tweets to move on from the matter. JDart."

Even more interesting, the Diver guy's attorney was none other than Lin Wood. Wow.

Oh yeah, totally exonerates Elon Musk. ::)

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2021, 11:13:47 AM »

Oh yeah, totally exonerates Elon Musk. ::)

I'm not arguing exoneration. I'm not arguing at all. Just found it interesting that he won the defamation suit, especially with that JDart gambit. And that Lin Wood was the plaintiff's attorney. Lin Wood probably being the most well known Defamation lawyer in the US before he when batshit crazy with Trump & Qanon.

As for the prize thing. I don't think it matters who is offering up the cash incentive to at least maybe tackle a portion of the climate crisis, strings or no strings attached. Maybe something good will come of it. We need all the incentives we can muster.