World's most embarrassing transport system.

• 78 Replies
Re: World's most embarrassing transport system.
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2021, 01:24:48 AM »
He built a tunnel/road he owns, charges fees to use and can only be used by cars he manufactures. What's the embarrassing part?
The gushing news report.  Do keep up.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2021, 05:24:06 AM »
I feel like posting links to every badly designed subway, bus route and every other form of mass transportation and demanding nobody ever try any of them again because they clearly are total failures and we should scrub the very idea of them from history.

Lets all agree never try anything new again because it might not work. Scary. (Spaceman bad!)

The lack of imagination on display here is staggering. Not sure what I was expecting though. ;D

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2021, 05:29:55 AM »
I feel like posting links to every badly designed subway, bus route and every other form of mass transportation and demanding nobody ever try any of them again because they clearly are total failures and we should scrub the very idea of them from history.

Lets all agree never try anything new again because it might not work. Scary. (Spaceman bad!)

The lack of imagination on display here is staggering. Not sure what I was expecting though. ;D

You keep saying that. I gave you a very imaginative mode of transport: catapults. Do you or do you not like it as an idea?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Shifter

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2021, 05:46:49 AM »
He built a tunnel/road he owns, charges fees to use and can only be used by cars he manufactures. What's the embarrassing part?

The worlds richest man did not use his own money. He got some sucker to do it

I would imagine if this transport technology became mainstream, Elon would not be paying for it either. Tax payers would, although he'll be taking credit and royalties and you'll have to constantly see his name and fugly mug at every terminal similar to North Koreans seeing a picture of their Dear and Great leader everywhere they go

ONLY be used by Tesla cars? How does that solve the traffic problem when Tesla cars represent a poofteeth of the % of cars out there? So does that mean we will have separate tunnel networks depending on the brand of car you own? Maybe we will have to drive our cars above ground to these stations and get on these vehicles. Oh wait, we already kinda do that with trains, rail, buses etc ::)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2021, 05:54:42 AM »

You keep saying that. I gave you a very imaginative mode of transport: catapults. Do you or do you not like it as an idea?

It's a great idea, where did I say it wasn't?  Ever heard of a Lofstrom Loop space launcher?  Sled-based launchers build alongside a mountain are also ideas worth considering.  And I hear we launch jet fighters like that all the time from aircraft carriers.

Don't forget the grand daddy of all catapults, the space hook.

Now your particular implementation has issues, but that's no reason to throw out the entire concept.  It does work, ever been to a circus?  They launch people out of cannons all the time into nets, and it works perfectly well for what it's designed to do.

Saying we should never even try to imagine ways of using catapults is like... saying a fancy bling bling ride in Vegas can't be duplicated in NYC and work, which is obvious.  But no reason to decide that the basic concept should be ignored and will never, ever work in any situation, ever.

Shifter

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2021, 05:59:21 AM »
I propose a transport network system like in Futurama. You just need an oxygen supply so you can breath while in the tubes which can operate on a vacuum.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2021, 06:14:28 AM »
Lets all agree never try anything new
You appear to be stuck on this particular strawman and just keep posting it over and over.  As we have repeatedly said: this isn't anything new or imaginative.  It is cars being driven slowly in a tunnel.  That's it.

If this wasn't Musk/Telsa it probably wouldn't even get any media coverage.  Maybe just a few people scratching their heads and going "Eh, what?  Oh well, it's Vegas"

This project isn't getting a hammering because people are afraid of the future, but because the whole thing is inherently shit.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »
Elon Musk's Dumb Tesla Tunnel Now The Lamest Thing In Las Vegas

"..it’s about as exciting as a sheet of unpainted drywall discarded in a closed office park. It’s just some Tesla Model 3s driving slowly in a tube, and if that gets you excited then I hope you enjoy the many orgasms you get while driving down a spiral ramp in a parking deck."   :P

Pezevenk

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »
It's a great idea, where did I say it wasn't?

I take it then that you will grant me money to make a catapult that launches people from station to station then?

Now your particular implementation has issues, but that's no reason to throw out the entire concept. 

True. You just throw away the cars, make the tunnel a bit wider, and put a train in it. That's what I've been saying too.

They launch people out of cannons all the time into nets, and it works perfectly well for what it's designed to do.
Have they also tried commuting like that?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2021, 02:02:31 PM »
True. You just throw away the cars, make the tunnel a bit wider, and put a train in it. That's what I've been saying too.
I suspect they will end up with airport style electric  shuttle buses down there.  The ones that can take wheelchairs, luggage etc....

Though I can't imagine this tunnel will open to the public any time soon, especially in light of the recent crash:

Firefighters, he said, used at least 32,000 gallons of water to extinguish the flames fed by the car’s lithium-ion battery, he said. Firefighters at the scene contacted Tesla for advice on how to extinguish the blaze and were told just to let it burn out, Herman said.
How's that going to work in the tunnel?  Presumably the only thing they can do is limit passenger throughput?  Are the stations set up for this?

Pezevenk

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2021, 01:05:25 PM »
I suspect they will end up with airport style electric  shuttle buses down there.  The ones that can take wheelchairs, luggage etc....

Though I can't imagine this tunnel will open to the public any time soon, especially in light of the recent crash:

Firefighters, he said, used at least 32,000 gallons of water to extinguish the flames fed by the car’s lithium-ion battery, he said. Firefighters at the scene contacted Tesla for advice on how to extinguish the blaze and were told just to let it burn out, Herman said.
How's that going to work in the tunnel?  Presumably the only thing they can do is limit passenger throughput?  Are the stations set up for this?

Doubt they'd put busses because I don't think they would fit. The only selling point so far is that the tunnels are cheap because they are small, I don't think anyone would pay to have them made larger to fit busses. And Tesla doesn't make busses right now so they won't really want to do that.

Also tunnel fires are extremely hard to deal with even when they aren't lithium fires. The tunnel gets so hot and full of fumes that it is impossible to get anywhere near. If one of these catches on fire in the tunnel, the whole think shuts down until it's out of material to burn.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2021, 01:11:51 PM »

Doubt they'd put busses because I don't think they would fit. The only selling point so far is that the tunnels are cheap because they are small, I don't think anyone would pay to have them made larger to fit busses.
Yeah, good point.  How they going to handle people in wheel chairs?   Presumably they will have to provide something, or face class action suits....

And Tesla doesn't make busses right now so they won't really want to do that.
They don't own the tunnel though, do they?

Also tunnel fires are extremely hard to deal with even when they aren't lithium fires. The tunnel gets so hot and full of fumes that it is impossible to get anywhere near. If one of these catches on fire in the tunnel, the whole think shuts down until it's out of material to burn.
Indeed.  And these tunnels don't have all the normal safety features, which is why they came in relatively cheap.  I suspect they will just have to severely limit passenger numbers.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2021, 02:54:48 AM »
Lets all agree never try anything new
You appear to be stuck on this particular strawman and just keep posting it over and over.  As we have repeatedly said: this isn't anything new or imaginative.  It is cars being driven slowly in a tunnel.  That's it.

If this wasn't Musk/Telsa it probably wouldn't even get any media coverage.  Maybe just a few people scratching their heads and going "Eh, what?  Oh well, it's Vegas"

This project isn't getting a hammering because people are afraid of the future, but because the whole thing is inherently shit.

Yeah, come on JJ.
Accuse people of being Luddites if he’s ripping your body into its component atoms and chucking it down a tube at the speed of light to be assembled by a million chimpanzees with tweezers, if they say, “oh no, you first”, they would be backward looking future-phobes.
Tootling down what looks like 60’s kiddie ride or a cuttlefishes colon does not fill me with wonder for the impending Musk golden age.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2021, 03:18:55 AM »

I take it then that you will grant me money to make a catapult that launches people from station to station then?

Elon Musk Unveils Urban Slingshot System Able To Move 6 Pedestrians Across Street Per Hour

"AUSTIN—Boasting that the system used 75% less power than normal cars and could be installed on almost any street corner with 400 square feet of free space, Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled a new urban slingshot system Wednesday that he claimed was capable of of moving up to six pedestrians across the street per hour. “America is still stuck in the 19th century when it comes to crossing the street, but I know we can do better,” said Musk, presenting a detailed rendering of the integrated “Skypod” crossing system that would launch sealed, individually seated pedestrians pods with a motorized sling above the street to a predetermined location on the adjoining sidewalk. “Getting to the other side of the street used to mean wasting energy by using your legs and being exposed to dozens of other people, but that is in the past. Each crossing network costs only $10 million to install and is fully automated, with a climate-controlled environment for the five-minute loading process and journey across the street. And while there have been several instances of the pods crushing pedestrians when they land, I can assure you the lawsuit costs are nothing compared to the savings over helicopter crossing.” At press time, 34 cities across the country had bid more than $10 billion to become the first Skypod City."

Pezevenk

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

FE4

• Achievement unlocked: no mercy
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2021, 01:20:10 PM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:21:49 PM by FE4 »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by yourself

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »

Pezevenk

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2021, 12:51:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure a metro would be able to handle more people, and faster?

From what I have seen of the public transport system in the USA though its a nasty and dangerous place with trash everywhere and people stealing/stabbing.
):