World's most embarrassing transport system.

• 78 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: World's most embarrassing transport system.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2021, 01:24:06 PM »
Also I am not even sure why we are talking about roads, we don't need more roads. Literally just make cheap mass transit. I live in a city of around 3 million and we don't even have a great mass transit system (no money) but it's at least sort of decent, and it is good enough that we never get the massive traffic jams the US does all the time. We literally only have 3 subway lines (and another one is in construction) and they alleviate so much traffic. It is so much better than 20 years ago when that didn't exist. Imagine if instead of 3 there were, like, 8, and more busses. Maybe even a few monorails like they have in Chin
a, Japan etc.
What city is that? and what is the country your in?
It is Athens, Greece. There is also a suburban railway.
Well if theres no money to build a trzit system then you can walk or something.
i dont think the Comrades in North korea have a major tranzit systems either considering we spread the money equally(Yes i believe in Communism and no i dont live in north korea)
Well yeah you can walk, thankfully the center is rather walkable. Of course that is an issue of urban planning.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
Or... if you took a subway and removed all the things that made it inefficient to cover more of a city and made it suitable to spread out more using cars instead of trains.

What makes a subway "inefficient"? Subways are incredibly efficient. You don't need to make it "spread out more", that's antithetical to precisely that which makes it efficient in the first place. You don't need that because most people are perfectly fine with something that takes them a walking distance (or at the very worst a bus trip) from where they want to go, and the rest can simply use a magical thing called a "road", like the ones that already exist. The point of a subway is that a single train can carry an incredible number of people who would otherwise create nightmarish traffic jams and pollution, not to mention that it is much more affordable for them. What makes it efficient is exactly that it is not split up into a million pieces. By doing that you undo what made it good in the first place.

A large network using individual cars to take people point to point is an idea as old as subways, we just now are getting to the point where it's feasible to make them.

No, it already existed. In fact it is the norm in places without mass transit. It's called "driving". Or "taking a taxi". It's not a new idea at all. That's the thing with these "new" ideas that Musk has. They're not new at all, they're just nonsense hybrids of things that already exist. "What if we had a subway, only instead of a train, it used taxis?".

You have insider knowledge of this 'obvious' fact that probably is true? You know, if he does fire anyone who says no... that means that every decision at Space-X and Tesla is completely his since nobody can tell him no.  That makes him look even smarter if you ask me, and everyone who set no should have been fires, since they were clearly wrong. Are you a secret admirer of his? :)

What? Obviously Musk can't control everything going on with his businesses. However, he can say "I want a rocket program. Give me a rocket program". Alright, a rocket program is, well, reasonable enough with a lot of money. "I want new fancy electric cars." Alright Elon, here's your new fancy electric cars. "I want a subway, but with taxis instead". Ummm...

Also he typically doesn't fire people for any particular reason it seems. The reason seems to be that he was angry at the time and they happened to be in the wrong place. But yeah, I can't imagine I would want to be the guy to tell him his idea is dumb.

How is it not public transit?  I asked Shifted this too but he ignored it.

Taxis are not considered public transport generally. But it's just a word debate really.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:42:55 PM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2021, 06:32:15 AM »
A lot of things come down to money. If the issue is traffic congestion, there are a plethora of cheaper ways to solve the issues than some stupid underground tunnel which wont work when you put many thousands of vehicles in it

"There are better ways so this way is totes stupid and won't ever work and is dumb and I don't understand it and we shouldn't ever do anything at all cause it's not my perfect idea."

Well why didn't you just say so in the first place?

Quit being a dumbarse and putting words in peoples mouths. Not what I have said at all

I dont mind tunnels but for private use its dumb. Public transport its great

Stop putting words in peoples mouths? You first.

Again, how is this not public transportation? Plenty of cities have small shuttle busses/vans that take people from place to place. Vehicles running on a route that people pay to take them from one place to another. But somehow Tesla's vehicles running on a route that people pay to take them from one place to another doesn't count.

Right.

It's only dumb to you because you have some hate for the bad spaceman. Get over it, he launches rockets, sorry that offends you so much.

And what do you know, some idiots (Ameritards) did

A lot of the hype surrounding Hydroxychloroquine was because of Elon too which Trump heaped on. What the fuck does he know about medicine, disease and viruses?

Sigh, can you actually manage to put together a single sentence without your hate for America and Elon becoming the focus of your angry rant? Nothing you said there contains any actual facts or reasoning, just a bunch of "I hate America and Musk!"

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2021, 06:38:51 AM »
A lot of things come down to money. If the issue is traffic congestion, there are a plethora of cheaper ways to solve the issues than some stupid underground tunnel which wont work when you put many thousands of vehicles in it

"There are better ways so this way is totes stupid and won't ever work and is dumb and I don't understand it and we shouldn't ever do anything at all cause it's not my perfect idea."

Quit being a dumbarse and putting words in peoples mouths. Not what I have said at all

Again, how is this not public transportation? Plenty of cities have small shuttle busses/vans that take people from place to place. Vehicles running on a route that people pay to take them from one place to another. But somehow Tesla's vehicles running on a route that people pay to take them from one place to another doesn't count.

Right.

It's only dumb to you because you have some hate for the bad spaceman. Get over it, he launches rockets, sorry that offends you so much.

A lot of the hype surrounding Hydroxychloroquine was because of Elon too which Trump heaped on. What the fuck does he know about medicine, disease and viruses?

Sigh, can you actually manage to put together a single sentence without your hate for America and Elon becoming the focus of your angry rant? Nothing you said there contains any actual facts or reasoning, just a bunch of "I hate America and Musk!"

Go Google "Elon Musk Hydroxychloroquine" if you dont believe me

The difference between a tram moving from point A to B within a city is it doesn't require spending many billions of dollars just making the space available to put the thing

Like everything, it comes down to money. Building a network of tunnels as per Elon Musks 'vision' is far too expensive to actually be economically viable.

Who is going to pay for a person to have a garage that connects to these tunnels? You happy to spend your tax dollars offsetting the cost for a rich person to have his personal access to it?Or maybe we build every future house with them adding hundreds of thousands of dollars to the cost of buying a house whether you want the feature or not

If the goal is to reduce congestion, there are far better and cheaper methods to accomplish this goal.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2021, 06:42:26 AM »
Or... if you took a subway and removed all the things that made it inefficient to cover more of a city and made it suitable to spread out more using cars instead of trains.

What makes a subway "inefficient"? Subways are incredibly efficient.

Yes, they are very efficient at what they were designed to do, carry massive amounts of people from a few centralized locations. Nothing wrong with that, I like subways, I think we should spend lots of money on them.

But as you add more and more nodes they get less and less efficient, and the whole idea of individual pods/cars is to allow point to point travel to a vast array of stations, were you have lots of pathways and stops and cars that can go right from one to another. You can't add a subway stop at every block as that would reduce the efficiency and make subway travel grind to a crawl, but you can with Elon's idea (and remember that the idea of pod transport has been around for a LONG time, it's not new, it's not really his idea, he's just the first to try it.)

Subways do lots of things well, but are not good at everything. What's wrong with looking into systems that can compliment subways?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2021, 06:46:51 AM »

Right.

I never once said he didn't say those things. Didn't we just have a discussion about putting words into peoples mouths?

Elon saying crazy things still doesn't make your argument any better, and ranting about how much you hate him and my country is a poor substitute for actual debate.

You just say he's dumb and that somehow building a network of automated vehicles transporting people around a city isn't actual public transportation with no attempt to ever explain your reasoning or defend your statement.

Spaceman dumb, got it. Can you post even ONCE without insulting me or Elon?  Give it a try, maybe I'll try too. :)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2021, 06:49:47 AM »

Right.

I never once said he didn't say those things. Didn't we just have a discussion about putting words into peoples mouths?

Elon saying crazy things still doesn't make your argument any better, and ranting about how much you hate him and my country is a poor substitute for actual debate.

You just say he's dumb and that somehow building a network of automated vehicles transporting people around a city isn't actual public transportation with no attempt to ever explain your reasoning or defend your statement.

Spaceman dumb, got it. Can you post even ONCE without insulting me or Elon?  Give it a try, maybe I'll try too. :)

I've made many posts not insulting you. You cherry picking the ones that hurt your fee fees because of your empathy to Elon is not my problem. We all have different views on or about people and their ideas. You need to accept that people are different and dont have to align with your exact thinking.

I don't think Elon is a great guy and I think a lot of his ideas are bullshit. Get over it

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2021, 06:49:54 AM »
Yes, they are very efficient at what they were designed to do, carry massive amounts of people from a few centralized locations.

Exactly. Add a good bus and tram system to compliment them, and boom, you have fixed congestion.

You can't add a subway stop at every block as that would reduce the efficiency and make subway travel grind to a crawl

You don't have to. You compliment them with busses and tram lines which is enough for most people. At the end of the day, you have mass transit servicing the needs of most people, leaving only a small number who have to use the roads. That way you fix congestion, pollution, etc. In fact you also drive down the need for cars, which is what Musk doesn't want.

and remember that the idea of pod transport has been around for a LONG time, it's not new, it's not really his idea, he's just the first to try it.

Why pods? They are just cars. He is not the first to try cars. We already have roads for them. We don't need more, we just need to decongest the ones that are already there.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2021, 07:01:04 AM »
Yes, they are very efficient at what they were designed to do, carry massive amounts of people from a few centralized locations.

Exactly. Add a good bus and tram system to compliment them, and boom, you have fixed congestion.

Why can't Elon's system compliment them and boom, fix congestion?

Busses are great and I support them, but they are also a pain and often run late and sometimes just go right past you and make you wait 20 minutes for the next one. I've used them a LOT and can say for certain I'd love a better option. Why so opposed to looking for one?

Why pods? They are just cars. He is not the first to try cars. We already have roads for them. We don't need more, we just need to decongest the ones that are already there.

Pods because before Elon came along, everyone had the idea that a point to point underground system would need pods on rails, like mini-subway cars complete with the complex systems for switching to other tracks and queueing and stacking them up.

Elon's use of electric cars and simple flat surfaces combined with a cheap tunneling machine is what makes the 'pod' idea something potentially feasible.

Or at the very least, worth studying. Let him build his networks and see how they work before throwing out the pod idea which has been around forever, and finally looks like we can start actually trying it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2021, 07:13:21 AM »

Busses are great and I support them, but they are also a pain and often run late and sometimes just go right past you and make you wait 20 minutes for the next one. I've used them a LOT and can say for certain I'd love a better option. Why so opposed to looking for one?

because for the cost of a few km of an underground tunnel you could put another thousand buses on the road that can service the entire city

My city did a stupid idea and we put 12km of a light rail track at the cost of nearly $1 billion dollars. 12km! And that was above ground

The cost could have put several hundred more buses instead. Now the public transport is 'fractured'. Before you could take a bus from near your house and go to many destinations with it. Now you take a bus to the light rail station. The light rail to the city and then another bus from the city to somewhere else where before you could just take the 1 bus from your home

Just because something costs more or looks cool, doesn't make it better. That $1 billion here could have bought hundreds more buses instead of a gloried 12km track that only services a fraction of the people along its very small corridor. But everyones housing rates in the city went up to pay for it. Imagine if they decided to go underground instead at the cost of many more billions. Just make existing public transport more plentiful and more cheaper to use and people will go on it. I would

Hell, when I was overseas in the likes of London, Korea, China and even Poland the public transport was so good I was thinking why the hell would people want a car when the public transport services almost every place!? You see one bus and the next bus is like 2 mins behind it. In Canberra the buses can be 30-60 mins behind each other and it costs a shitload to get on. Stupid!

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2021, 07:27:11 AM »

Because there is no good reason why you would want to drill a massive network of tunnels to do what roads already do. Great mass transit is adequate to solve congestion, you don't need something more. As I said before, I live in a city of around 3 million or so, and we don't have significant congestion issues even with just 3 subway lines (1 more under construction), a suburban railway, and an existent but not particularly sophisticated bus network.

Well, then you could get a taxi, which is already a thing.

Pods because before Elon came along, everyone had the idea that a point to point underground system would need pods on rails, like mini-subway cars complete with the complex systems for switching to other tracks and queueing and stacking them up.

Elon's use of electric cars and simple flat surfaces combined with a cheap tunneling machine is what makes the 'pod' idea something potentially feasible.

So it's cars. But in underground tunnels.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2021, 07:42:26 AM »
I don't see what the issue is. If Vegas wants to pay for a bunch of tunnels and ultimately have a gazillion autonomous teslas scooting around in them with folks paying whatever to ride in the perhaps semi-convenient-novelty-thrill way of not having to walk the strip, so be it. Is it a commuter "solution"? Absolutely not. Is it somewhat frivolous? Absolutely yes. But, it's Vegas: A terra-formed unbearably hot desert manufactured oasis and we built a massive dam just to irrigate the needless American destination.

Anyway, most likely Vegas will turn it into a waterpark where ASU spring breakers and obese middle American families can go tubing from casino/attraction to casino/attraction.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2021, 07:44:55 AM »

because for the cost of a few km of an underground tunnel you could put another thousand buses on the road that can service the entire city

My god.  I'm trying to imagine a few thousand busses in my city.  Now there is a traffic nightmare.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2021, 07:50:00 AM »

My god.  I'm trying to imagine a few thousand busses in my city.  Now there is a traffic nightmare.

Why? For every bus on the road (provided they are managed well and priced attractively) you could take dozens of cars off the road. I would argue that dozens of cars on the road is worse than a single bus. But you do you

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2021, 07:52:58 AM »

Because there is no good reason why you would want to drill a massive network of tunnels to do what roads already do. Great mass transit is adequate to solve congestion, you don't need something more. As I said before, I live in a city of around 3 million or so, and we don't have significant congestion issues even with just 3 subway lines (1 more under construction), a suburban railway, and an existent but not particularly sophisticated bus network.

But roads can't do what the tunnels do, which is have fully automated cars moving along an easy to navigate tunnel without having to worry about pedestrians, other cars, animals and weather conditions.

It's great your city works well, not all of them do, and you can't just tear down and rebuild a city to straighten out it's transportation issues. Your city doesn't need this? Fine. Doesn't mean others couldn't make good use of it.

I just don't see the hate for actually building a new way of moving people around and trying out an idea.  It's like you desperately want him to fail and in the process abandon an idea that's been around forever just because Elon was the one to try it.

So it's cars. But in underground tunnels.

Yes, fully automated electric cars in underground tunnels built with new, cheaper tunneling tech. That is the idea we have been discussing the entire thread. :)

Pezevenk

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »
But roads can't do what the tunnels do, which is have fully automated cars moving along an easy to navigate tunnel without having to worry about pedestrians, other cars, animals and weather conditions.
What does it matter whether or not they are automated? Regardless, automated cars can be driven in normal roads.

It's great your city works well, not all of them do, and you can't just tear down and rebuild a city to straighten out it's transportation issues. Your city doesn't need this? Fine. Doesn't mean others couldn't make good use of it.

It doesn't need this because unlike most of the US it has functional mass transit proportional to its size. Part of it is urban planning too but really any city can do a lot better with mass transit, a badly planned out city just requires a somewhat greater investment (also you can probably fix the planning in less time than building a massive underground network would take).

I just don't see the hate for actually building a new way of moving people around and trying out an idea.  It's like you desperately want him to fail and in the process abandon an idea that's been around forever just because Elon was the one to try it.
No, it would be an equally bad idea regardless of who tried it, it's just that only Musk both has the resources, the sway and weirdness to actually do it. Also vested interests against mass transit, like all other car manufacturers  (which is the main reason so many places don't have adequate mass transit).

new, cheaper tunneling tech.
It is actually not cheaper because of new boring methods, they use off the shelf equipment for the most part. The reason it is cheaper is because he skirted the law to make smaller tunnels than are normally allowed.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2021, 12:07:30 PM »
So... once again you don't really have any factual arguments.  Just a lot of "Musk is dumb" and envy that his tweets get likes.

Musk isn't dumb - he just persuaded someone to give him $50m to create an advert for Tesla.  Marketing that someone else pays for - that's pretty clever.

The people who commissioned this idiocy - now they are as dumb as fuck.  Got to suspect it's now starting to sink in that they have been had.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Pezevenk

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2021, 11:03:04 PM »
I mean, yeah, it's not so naive. He doesn't have to have a good solution in general. He only has to make cities at least consider his "idea" or make a prototype, and it's advertisement for him, while also pushing back plans to build mass transit since "we don't need it, we're gonna do Musk's idea".

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2021, 06:17:49 AM »
What does it matter whether or not they are automated? Regardless, automated cars can be driven in normal roads.

Automated cars in a controlled environment like a tunnel with no pedestrians or human drivers are going to be far safer than anything moving along on the surface. You forget that busses are a trade-off, and requiring expensive error-prone humans at the wheel of each one is one of those.

I still don't get all the hate and disdain I'm seeing here.

Busses, subways and taxis all help with congestion.  Why so opposed to combining them in new ways when technology offers up new solutions? You're literally throwing an entire concept out the window because you don't like who proposed it.

Would you be saying busses are terrible if Elon starts making automated electric busses and running them in tunnels instead of cars? Because there is no reason you couldn't do that.

You seem hyper focused on the Vegas production which is just a big advertisement. Look at the big picture, think how the elements being shown off can be added to existing systems to improve them. Elon wants to sell boring machines and electric vehicles. If people can figure out how to use them effectively what exactly is the problem?

What saddens me is how opposed to new ideas people here seem to be. And this isn't even a new one, does nobody read science fiction? This sort of thing has been one of the future visions of transportation for longer than any of us have been alive.

Pezevenk

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2021, 08:05:20 AM »
Automated cars in a controlled environment like a tunnel with no pedestrians or human drivers are going to be far safer than anything moving along on the surface.

Look up "tunnel fire". Then look up "Tesla fire". Then combine the two. Now add hundreds of other cars zooming around.

Busses, subways and taxis all help with congestion. 

Taxis don't help with congestion. Taxis cause congestion (in small part). This can never fix congestion unless you fill the place with it, in which case you have other problems.

Why so opposed to combining them in new ways when technology offers up new solutions? You're literally throwing an entire concept out the window because you don't like who proposed it.

No, I am throwing it out of the window because there is zero value to it. Null. Or rather there is negative value. There is negative value in cities investing a bunch of money into a horrible idea like that.

Would you be saying busses are terrible if Elon starts making automated electric busses and running them in tunnels instead of cars? Because there is no reason you couldn't do that.

Yeah, he could do that. In fact he may even decide to make it even more efficient by stringing together a bunch of these busses so that more people can embark at once. And then he could do away the nasty lithium tunnel fire risk plus make the vehicles a lot lighter by moving the power supply from batteries on board to an external power source (which would also be better resource and cost wise). One idea for example would be to introduce a guidance system similar to what he unsuccessfully tried to implement at first, which would also provide the vehicle with power while making it even more safer in case the autopilot fails and slams into the walls. Yeah, that actually sounds like a pretty sweet idea.

Oh wait, that's literally a subway.

I would support him making a subway, if that is what you are asking.

Elon wants to sell boring machines and electric vehicles.

Elon doesn't make boring machines. Well, they are designing one, but it's not really ready for application yet. Its diameter is also suited for building the dumb Tesla tunnels so it's not particularly useful beyond that. I guess it might be good for storm drains. Maybe in the future TBC will start selling boring machines, but that is not the case yet. Musk's focus is the cars.

What saddens me is how opposed to new ideas people here seem to be.
Not new ideas, bad ideas. New ideas are good, if they are good ideas. Not every new idea is good. Besides, this isn't even a new idea, it's just taking existing things and combining them in ways that work against their strengths.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »
This Is the Most Embarrassing News Clip in American Transportation History

Bit hyperbolic, but not far off.

I want to know what they are going to provide for wheelchair users?

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2021, 11:02:07 AM »
Automated cars in a controlled environment like a tunnel with no pedestrians or human drivers are going to be far safer than anything moving along on the surface.

Look up "tunnel fire". Then look up "Tesla fire". Then combine the two. Now add hundreds of other cars zooming around.

Tunnels bad, got it. Lets get rid of subways because we never had any fires in those.

Nobody ever died in a bus crash. Nobody ever died being hit by a bus.

I can throw out dangers of every transportation system we have, does that mean we should just get rid of them all?

What's so scary about new things? I still don't understand the irrational hate here. Elon bad spaceman, yeah, got it. I sometimes forget what site I'm on. :)

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2021, 12:20:31 PM »

What's so scary about new things?
It's just cars driving slowly in tunnels.   There's nothing new, just something deeply inefficient to the point of being laughable.   We've been building better transit systems than this for over 100 years - it's completely retrograde.

Elon bad spaceman,
It seems to be the other way round.  You seem to be defending this idiocy because eLoN mAKEs rOkeT gO brrRRrr.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 12:29:10 PM by JimmyTheCrab »

Pezevenk

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »

LOL they copied my title.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2021, 12:40:56 PM »

ikr?

I assumed that was this was the article you'd linked, then realised you were just referring to the same embarrassing clip as Vice.

Pezevenk

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »

Tunnels bad, got it. Lets get rid of subways because we never had any fires in those.

I looked up subway fire, I could only find two and they were both arson.

Subways don't tend to catch on fire because trains don't have anything flammable on them. And even if they do, it is a lot easier to escape because the tunnels are made so that that is possible. I'm not even sure you can fully open the doors in Musk's tunnels.

Teslas on the other hand catch on fire all the time. And not just any fire, lithium fires, which are notoriously hot, hard to extinguish, and produce lots of really nasty fumes.

Nobody ever died in a bus crash. Nobody ever died being hit by a bus.
Yes, these things have happened, but why would you go out of your way to make a more dangerous mode of transport when there is safer ones that are also better? You claimed this is safer. It is not. It's hundreds of cars with big flammable lithium batteries running around in very high speeds in short succession through narrow underground inaccessible tunnels, constantly accelerating and decelerating. Lots of moving parts, lots of wear and tear, lots of risk. In many places I suspect even if he does try to implement it he will be stopped by regulators for safety compliance etc and then he will go on twitter to complain about evil big government regulation stopping his innovative plans.

What's so scary about new things?
Why are you framing this as being about new things? Do you think every new thing is good? Do you think my idea of catapult transportation is good just because it's "new"? Well, at least that is actually new, I don't think anyone has ever proposed it as a solution, as opposed to, uh, taxis and tunnels.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2021, 12:59:32 PM »

ikr?

I assumed that was this was the article you'd linked, then realised you were just referring to the same embarrassing clip as Vice.

I guess embarrassing is the first thing that pops into your mind when you see that lol

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:36 PM »
A really good but slightly old video on the loop:

Thunderf00t is very annoying but he did make a decent newer video on this:

Donoteat1, the person who made the first vid, also has a podcast where they also discussed the recent Las Vegas loop (although it wasn't finished when they made it). It's not as good though because it is mostly them fucking around and making jokes:

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2021, 05:43:18 PM »
He built a tunnel/road he owns, charges fees to use and can only be used by cars he manufactures. What's the embarrassing part?

Pezevenk

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2021, 12:43:10 AM »
That someone gave him money to make it.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)