Re: gaming platforms
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »
You forgot VR headsets.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 10:56:24 AM »
It should allow us to select multiple choices, too!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 01:29:33 PM »
The quest 2 is a pretty amazing device.  It's a standalone vr headset.  But it also works for the pc.

What's particularly nice about it is that if you pair with with Virtual Desktop and a wifi6 router then you have completely wireless vr gaming.  I've been spending entirely too much time playing No Man's Sky with that setup.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 06:58:03 AM »
The quest 2 is a pretty amazing device.  It's a standalone vr headset.  But it also works for the pc.

What's particularly nice about it is that if you pair with with Virtual Desktop and a wifi6 router then you have completely wireless vr gaming.  I've been spending entirely too much time playing No Man's Sky with that setup.

It is amazing, isn't it.  I do the exact same thing.  It's not perfect, there are still some micro-stutters and the input lag is noticeable if you look for it.

But it's totally useable and immersive and you can walk around alien landscapes and fly spaceships. What else could you want?

If the Quest 3 adds low level hardware support for Virtual Desktop style streaming it's going to be darn near perfect.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 10:20:43 AM »
I hear that coffee tables are pretty good platforms for board games,
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 06:37:31 AM »
Gamecube is the only console I still use occasionally.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 07:35:42 AM »
Xbox Series X fan here  8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

FE4

• Achievement unlocked: no mercy
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 01:45:03 PM »
I like the PS5 even though its less powerful than the Xbox SX,but the Switch is less powerful than the PS4.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by yourself

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 04:45:24 PM »
I like the PS5 even though its less powerful than the Xbox SX,but the Switch is less powerful than the PS4.

I am quite sure that these devices don't exist.  I've never seen either of them at best buy.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »

I am quite sure that these devices don't exist.  I've never seen either of them at best buy.
The PS5 is definitely a myth. I somehow got the XSX when it released, something I'm still surprised to have been lucky enough to grab.

?

FE4

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 10:52:45 AM »

google PS5 or XBOX SERIES X

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »

Come over to my house. I have an XBX and its awesome. If I managed to grab one in a lowly place like Oz, I'm sure Yanksville has it too

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

FE4

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 10:59:55 AM »

Come over to my house. I have an XBX and its awesome. If I managed to grab one in a lowly place like Oz, I'm sure Yanksville has it too
i have the original XB1 back when they only had 1 type of xbox as far as i know so whats your gamertag SHIFTER?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 11:12:17 AM »

i have the original XB1 back when they only had 1 type of xbox as far as i know so whats your gamertag SHIFTER?

It ain't Shifter that's for sure. Usually, that nickname is taken wherever I want to use it before I get the chance to make it for myself. On a site like this though, was not a problem 8)

Know your place

?

FE4

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 11:17:34 AM »

It ain't Shifter that's for sure. Usually, that nickname is taken wherever I want to use it before I get the chance to make it for myself. On a site like this though, was not a problem 8)
But what is IT? i just got the brand new COD CW and looking for another noob when i get back on XB(i stopped playing because it interferes with me)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 11:34:30 AM »

But what is IT? i just got the brand new COD CW and looking for another noob when i get back on XB(i stopped playing because it interferes with me)

I dont play online multiplayer games and am not into COD

Know your place

?

FE4

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 11:35:49 AM »

dont worry i have spilt screen games too(also offline split screen)(i have about 48 games in total)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 11:40:05 AM »

dont worry i have spilt screen games too(also offline split screen)(i have about 48 games in total)

Currently have about 350 games. Maybe only completely finished a dozen or so lol. But I'm a sucker for really great specials and Game Pass

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »
Game Pass has been pretty awesome, and with EA added into it even more so. I mean, I don't really play much of their catalog, but there are a handful of games that I purchased over the last several years and they are all available in Game Pass now, so hopefully that means I don't need to buy the future games of theirs that I want to play. And honestly, after Battlefront 2, I had a pretty bad taste in my mouth so I probably wouldn't have been willing to risk buying a new title at launch from them. But I'll definitely give them a shot when it's included with a service I already use.

?

FE4

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 11:52:28 AM »
Game Pass has been pretty awesome, and with EA added into it even more so. I mean, I don't really play much of their catalog, but there are a handful of games that I purchased over the last several years and they are all available in Game Pass now, so hopefully that means I don't need to buy the future games of theirs that I want to play. And honestly, after Battlefront 2, I had a pretty bad taste in my mouth so I probably wouldn't have been willing to risk buying a new title at launch from them. But I'll definitely give them a shot when it's included with a service I already use.
i hate EA.

?

FE4

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 12:09:34 PM »
THE NAME EA IS FORBIDDEN.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
EA is a cancer that has ruined every game and IP it has touched. To hell with them

Know your place

?

FE4

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2021, 12:21:55 PM »
EA is a cancer that has ruined every game and IP it has touched. To hell with them
EA owning fortnite:(i hate fortnite)
720p:$35
pick up gun:$25
shoot gun:$27
kill enemy:$46
HD:$100
4K:$300
buying vbucks:$500 for 10 vbucks

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2021, 12:40:37 PM »
Yes, we're in agreement, but if you can download the games without going out and spending $60+ on it, you have a chance to still at least try out Battlefront 69 and see that it sucks and is full of microtransactions instead of having to wonder. Do you see?

?

FE4

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »
Yes, we're in agreement, but if you can download the games without going out and spending $60+ on it, you have a chance to still at least try out Battlefront 69 and see that it sucks and is full of microtransactions instead of having to wonder. Do you see?
i already spent $60+ by buying one of there games, just the game itself

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 01:03:58 PM »
See, this is the value of Game Pass - if you have it already, EA Play is included at no extra cost, so you get access to all the games in Xbox Game Pass and EA Play. There are rumors about adding Ubisoft+ as well, which would be pretty great. As it is, I grab a year's worth of Game Pass Ultimate on Black Friday for me and 2 of my kids that have Xboxes/laptops they can game on. All together, it costs about the same as buying the base edition of 4 major releases. And it includes - for all of us - all Microsoft's new titles on day 1 when they launch, plus whatever games other studios want to add in (which is a ton), plus everything in the EA Play catalog, plus hopefully everything in Ubisoft+ soon. And I never have to buy an EA game again just to play it a few times with a group of buddies, find out I hate it, and never look back.

Edit: But, there's no God of War or Ratchet and Clank, which is why I'm still on the hunt for a PS5.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:05:38 PM by boydster »

?

FE4

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 01:06:35 PM »
See, this is the value of Game Pass - if you have it already, EA Play is included at no extra cost, so you get access to all the games in Xbox Game Pass and EA Play. There are rumors about adding Ubisoft+ as well, which would be pretty great. As it is, I grab a year's worth of Game Pass Ultimate on Black Friday for me and 2 of my kids that have Xboxes/laptops they can game on. It costs about the same as buying the base edition of 4 major releases. And it includes all Microsoft's new titles on day 1 when they launch, plus whatever games other studios want to add in (which is a ton), plus everything in the EA Play catalog, plus hopefully everything in Ubisoft+ soon. And I never have to buy an EA game again just to play it a few times with a group of buddies, find out I hate it, and never look back.
I didn't know you were a father.
anyways i know how it feels to waste money on a EA game just to find out you hate it.
DAMN EA! F--K YOU EA!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2021, 04:26:02 PM »
anyways i know how it feels to waste money on a EA game just to find out you hate it.
Is it any different from wasting money on anybody else's game just to find out you hate it?