how high is the dome?
« on: March 21, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »
how high is the dome?
how was it measured?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: how high is the dome?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 08:34:10 PM »
Ever wondered why commercial airlines talk about a 'ceiling' for their altitude? Can't go higher

When you see a rocket take off you see it go up, up and then horizontal. Obviously at this point they don't dare go higher.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Domahidi Péter

• Iam from hungary, Debrecen.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 07:28:53 AM »
Ever wondered why commercial airlines talk about a 'ceiling' for their altitude? Can't go higher

When you see a rocket take off you see it go up, up and then horizontal. Obviously at this point they don't dare go higher.

it must be much higher due to the magnitude of the air pressure.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 04:49:02 PM »
That's one possible explanation.  How about another. The jet engines used to power commercial airliners need air to operate and once you reach a certain height the air becomes too thin for the engines to function reliably. Once the air intake at the front of the engine falls below a certain threshold minimum the engine can no longer push the aircraft forward fast enough.  Secondly in the thinner air at very high altitude the air pressure under the wing falls and so gravity takes over and the aircraft basically falls out of the sky. 

You could look at it like that. Equally you could say obviously at this point the Earths rotation is taking you away from the path of the rocket in space and so from your perspective on Earth it appears that the rocket is turning from its original vertical path towards a horizontal one and eventually sinks below the horizon.  It hasn't returned to Earth as flat Earthers would have you believe.  Rather the Earth has simply rotated you away from the direct line of sight of the rocket which of course continues into orbit on the other side of the world.  Watch for long enough and you will see it re-appear over the horizon on the opposite side of the sky.

Essentially you can interpret both scenarios according to what you want to believe. In the case of jet engines you can actually test the deteriorating efficiency of the performance of jet engines in conditions of different air density whereas you would have a job testing your explanation because there ain't no dome.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:58:00 PM by Solarwind »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 05:32:54 PM »
Solarwind, this is Q&A. People don't come to this part of the forum to get answers from round earthers.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 09:35:10 PM »
So, we are not allowed to post legitimate answers on this board?  If you can't take competing theories, doesn't sound like you are really interested in discussion. By just pushing a theory that can't stand up to the minimalist of skepticism or counter evidence doesn't sound like a strong theory to begin with.  If you are right, as you believe, than you should welcome opposing views and offer counter evidence to prove your point! Afterall, you do believe this is the truth and not fiction, so if it the earth is really flat, than the truth is on your side. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 10:50:27 PM »
So, we are not allowed to post legitimate answers on this board?  If you can't take competing theories, doesn't sound like you are really interested in discussion. By just pushing a theory that can't stand up to the minimalist of skepticism or counter evidence doesn't sound like a strong theory to begin with.  If you are right, as you believe, than you should welcome opposing views and offer counter evidence to prove your point! Afterall, you do believe this is the truth and not fiction, so if it the earth is really flat, than the truth is on your side.

That's what the debate section of the forum is for. This section is devoted entirely to flat earth questions getting flat earth answers. Answers that align to a flat earth thinking. If you don't agree then take your questions to the debate section where you can argue all you like

Let this section be for flat earth only. Don't agree? Then just consider the answers 'thought experiments'. Seriously, just go to the Debate section because this, and your posts will just go to the garbage dump anyway where no one cares to debate

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 06:39:23 AM »

Welcome to the forum, Lokkei. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules. In addition, from the topic stickied at the very top of the list in the Q&A Section entitled "Important Notice for Newcomers"
**Update 2014.07.17**
Flat Earth Q&A's format is shifting a bit. To limit the number of debates arising in our Q&A forum, questions will only be answered by flat-earthers or those providing genuine flat-earth responses. Asking questions is still open for anyone, but starting debates, using questions to start debates, or posting disingenuously will be considered low content / off-topic posting and will be treated as such.

If you'd like to challenge something you have read in Q&A, the debate section is the appropriate venue.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 04:05:32 PM »
But the question of the original post has not been answered.   How high up is the dome.  This requires a number with a unit of measure.  How was the height measured? 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 04:16:47 PM »
But the question of the original post has not been answered.   How high up is the dome.  This requires a number with a unit of measure.  How was the height measured?

Well how high does your commerical plane go? Highest I see reported is about 43000ft or 13km. So it's at minimum that number. Maybe they leave a little breathing room but at least we know it's definetly not less than 13km

Know your place

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »

Well how high does your commerical plane go? Highest I see reported is about 43000ft or 13km. So it's at minimum that number. Maybe they leave a little breathing room but at least we know it's definetly not less than 13km

So you are saying that you do not have an exact height?  Just that it is over 13km. because that is the maximum altitude of commercial airliners.
So my next question is why is the maximum altitude of commercial airliners the standard?  Crewed balloons have gone much higher.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 04:32:39 PM »

So you are saying that you do not have an exact height?  Just that it is over 13km. because that is the maximum altitude of commercial airliners.
So my next question is why is the maximum altitude of commercial airliners the standard?  Crewed balloons have gone much higher.

At altitudes of 13km the environmental conditions are incompatible for human life. No breathable air, -60 degrees Celsius, and increased radiation. Any claims of people floating around in balloons higher than this is a global lie but that's a topic for the debate section

Know your place

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »
Okay, so I won't debate this.  The gist of your answer is that you don't know the height of the dome, and it has never been measured.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 04:42:12 PM »
Okay, so I won't debate this.  The gist of your answer is that you don't know the height of the dome, and it has never been measured.

Well I'm sure NASA would know, they send rockets up there all the time. If measurements have been done, it's been by them. They aren't exactly going to be forthcoming though

Know your place

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 04:48:31 PM »
That is not helpful.  What I take away from this question is that the FE community does not know the height of the dome.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 06:24:38 PM »
You are looking for some sort of monolithic FE response that you just aren't going to get. I don't think many FE here subscribe to the dome idea to begin with, so getting a real answer might not happen quickly.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 11:40:20 AM »
I did not know that the dome was a minority view.  I thought it was part of the theory.  I am looking for any kind of answer that makes sense.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 07:58:04 PM »
I did not know that the dome was a minority view.  I thought it was part of the theory.  I am looking for any kind of answer that makes sense.

Assuming that the FE sun is within the dome, one could assume that the height of the dome would be greater than the height of the FE sun in the sky.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »
Physical dome, ~30,000km
Ether dome, ~5000km

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2021, 08:40:46 PM »
So now, the second part of the original question. How was the height measured?   Also, is the height given, the height of the dome at it's highest point?