Is it reasonable to believe guns exist?

• 20 Replies

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
Is it reasonable to believe guns exist?
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:40 AM »
So, what do you guys here think, is it reasonable to believe that guns exist? I am not sure. People around me are telling me guns exist, but that I cannot get one myself to check that because the police in Croatia, where I live, somehow prevents the civilians from owning guns, for some reason that escapes me. So, there is either a conspiracy of American movie-makers making people thing guns exist, or there is a conspiracy of the police somehow preventing people from getting guns to see for themselves that they exist. What do you think is more likely?
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Is it reasonable to believe guns exist?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 05:09:46 AM »
Never really seen a real gun fire or anything like that so I'm gonna say with no.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:12:54 AM »
It's only anecdotal evidence, but when I was a kid, I was taught how to shoot a gun.

I've held a pistol and fired it. Guns are real.

That, and I live in a conceal & carry state, i.e., you can have a firearm on your person so long as it isn't showing, so I actually see a fair number of firearms because people here aren't really bothered by them and they're not very good at hiding them anyway.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 05:15:40 AM »
Guns are actually small dragons that were too tiny to hunt humans so evolved into gun shapes to easier sate their evil bloodlust for human flesh.

Accidental shootings are no accidents, let me tell you. 

So no, guns do not exist. But dragons do.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 06:21:35 AM »
People around me are telling me guns exist, but that I cannot get one myself to check that because the police in Croatia, where I live, somehow prevents the civilians from owning guns, for some reason that escapes me.
Ask a Croatian policeman to shoot you so that you will know with absolute certainty whether or not guns exist.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 07:10:56 AM »
There are several mysterious looking things in a safe in my house, but I can't be sure they're guns.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 07:27:21 AM »
A few pieces in a safe is one thing. I think you need upgrade from a safe to a gun lounge, being FLA and all:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 07:40:58 AM »
The zombie apocalypse room!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 07:53:03 AM »
The zombie apocalypse room!

Needed now more than ever!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 07:53:26 AM »
It is unknowable if guns really exist as they are always the last thing you see before it kills you.

Perhaps when scientists develop the technology the communicate with the dead then we'll know.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 02:44:41 PM »
I may or may not be holding one right now.

I'm waiting to see if it bites me.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 04:59:30 PM »
Guns and Roses exist,  I have some of their music.  As to whether Guns can exist without Roses is another matter.  Maybe dragons are involved as JJA has discovered.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 11:22:41 PM »
Guns are actually small dragons that were too tiny to hunt humans so evolved into gun shapes to easier sate their evil bloodlust for human flesh.

Ha ha ha, this is actually pretty creative.

I am going to investigate with my many number of "dragons". If I never return let it be known JJA was right and I knew too much.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 02:00:42 AM »
Proof that guns are dragons

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 03:00:21 AM »

I am going to investigate with my many number of "dragons". If I never return let it be known JJA was right and I knew too much.

Well, shit >:( :'(

Guess he knew too much

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 05:36:46 AM »

Well, shit >:( :'(

Guess he knew too much

He shouldn't have looked behind his couch...

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 12:22:20 AM »
Apparently they are indistinguishable from tasers, so who knows?

?

FE4

• Achievement unlocked: no mercy
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »
So, what do you guys here think, is it reasonable to believe that guns exist? I am not sure. People around me are telling me guns exist, but that I cannot get one myself to check that because the police in Croatia, where I live, somehow prevents the civilians from owning guns, for some reason that escapes me. So, there is either a conspiracy of American movie-makers making people thing guns exist, or there is a conspiracy of the police somehow preventing people from getting guns to see for themselves that they exist. What do you think is more likely?
Wanna find out?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by yourself

FlatAssembler

• Not a FE-er
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2021, 09:34:20 AM »
People around me are telling me guns exist, but that I cannot get one myself to check that because the police in Croatia, where I live, somehow prevents the civilians from owning guns, for some reason that escapes me.
Ask a Croatian policeman to shoot you so that you will know with absolute certainty whether or not guns exist.
Well, policemen in Croatia are usually not armed. And when they are, if they shoot me, they will end up in jail, obviously, so they are not willing to do that.
Fan of Stephen Wolfram.
This is my parody of the conspiracy theorists:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71184.0
This is my attempt to refute the Flat-Earth theory:

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »
Well, policemen in Croatia are usually not armed. And when they are, if they shoot me, they will end up in jail, obviously, so they are not willing to do that.
When they are armed, what are they armed with? Obviously it's a thing that shoots, based on what you wrote.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2021, 11:59:40 PM »

Unclear as to the validity of the source, but you can check the reference (327):

Croatia
Croatia issues firearms permits for self-defense, hunting, sport shooting:

- Hunting permits require a certificate indicating successfully passing the hunting exam;
- Sporting permits require a certificate issued by a target shooting organization on active membership;
- Self-defense permits require a proof of danger to life.
- Every permit also requires an applicant to be at least 18 years old, not be convicted of crimes, there being no other circumstances indicating that the weapon may be abused (for example by a history of alcoholism) and passing medical examinations.

As of October 2020 there 99,829 legal gun owners in Croatia. 14,711 people can own and carry firearms for the purpose of personal safety.[327]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation#Croatia