RIP Cliff Simon

• 5 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
RIP Cliff Simon
« on: March 12, 2021, 05:40:46 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrity-deaths/stargate-sg1-actor-cliff-simon-58-dies-in-tragic-kiteboarding-accident/news-story/85d63886dbcc05802bcc0b9b1fa067f7

Actor Cliff Simon, best known for his portrayal of the villain Ba’al on the sci-fi series Stargate SG-1, has died in a tragic kiteboarding accident. He was 58.

Simon, who previously taught windsurfing and waterskiing, died on Tuesday March 9 at Topanga Beach, California.

His wife Colette confirmed the news in a statement on Facebook in which she shared her “unimaginable heartbreak”.

“He was known to most of you on this page as the villain you loved to hate, Ba’al, from Stargate SG-1,” she wrote.

“But, as he said, ‘Acting is what I do, it’s only a part of who I am.’ And he was SO much more – a true original, an adventurer, a sailor, swimmer, dancer, actor, author. There is a gaping hole where he once stood on this earth. He was loved by too many to mention and had a great impact on so many lives.

“A small saving grace to this tragedy is that he was doing one of the things he loved most and passed away on the beach near the water, which was his temple.”

A former athlete and veteran, Simon also made guest appearances in series like NCIS: Los Angeles, Days of Our Lives, The Americans and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.

One of the coolest and most memorable Gua'ulds. Ba'al. I don't think there are any clones of him left. Thanks a lot SG1 >:(

RIP Cliff

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: RIP Cliff Simon
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:49:09 PM »
OMG not Ba'al!

I've been rewatching SG1 lately.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 06:12:31 PM »
OMG not Ba'al!

I've been rewatching SG1 lately.

They have finally released SG1 in blu ray. But the earlier seasons 1-7 are just DVD upscales so the improvement is mild but 8-10 looks awesome. They also apparantly they screwed up the 5.1 audio mixing

What I would pay for a decent remaster! (eg like Star Trek TNG)

One of the few Sci Fi series that got a decent run and was actually really good. They just don't make shows like they used to anymore :(

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 05:23:03 AM »
I met him once and he was so nice and friendly, you could just tell he honestly enjoyed meeting people.

I am sad.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 05:36:22 AM »
Despite only starring in 15 episodes and 1 movie he made his presence felt as large as the protagonists.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0800101/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

He was quite active in the industry and there are 2 pre productions in the works (one says unconfirmed) that have not been released :(

Know your place

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »
He was so great/lovable they ended up making him a quasi good guy (like yu or mayborne).

SG1 is one of the (if not THE) best bad TV shows of all time.

The gouauld are an alegory for the "owners"/slaver class.

RIP indeed, and my (our, the people who appreciated him) sincerest condolences to his family.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:42:21 AM by jack44556677 »