Cinnabun coming to Australia

• 7 Replies

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
Cinnabun coming to Australia
« on: February 26, 2021, 02:10:51 AM »
https://www.taste.com.au/articles/cinnabon-coming-australia/k1xejhxx

I first heard if these in the movie 'Daddy's Home' with Mark Wahlberg

Are they really that good? Or does Costco do pretty much the same thing with their offerings

A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

faded mike

• new world tattoo drill scar
Re: Cinnabun coming to Australia
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 02:25:40 AM »
A while back , I came into some money and said to myself "self, it is time for a cinnabun"
I found it more of sugarry punch in the face... i don't know if you can order some kindof good topping as an extra, but it really lacked the distinct cream cheesyness i associate with a quality CB.  I just remember it being sweet and little else, could of been a bad day at cinnabun, also the end of the night...
 just my two cents.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 02:45:12 AM »
just did long post more precisely adressing your op, included five star cinamon bun recipe, session timed out and lost to the ether, goin to bed now.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 08:22:11 AM »
Cinnabon...

No.  There's no set of circumstances where anyone should ever eat at Cinnabon.  Well, maybe if you want to understand what it's like to be diabetic than Cinnabon might be a good option.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

faded mike

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 03:40:39 PM »
I'm not sure I'd agree that at no time in ones life is a cinnabon of any worth, and you might enjoy it if you try it Shifter, but they are too sweet and not flavourful enough in my books... and yeah, like Crouton said seemingly dangerously so.

But the kicker for me is that having learned how easy it is to make bread, which i do some times, it is pretty easy to grab a bit of dough and roll it up with cinamon bun stuff inside.

to make bread

-for two loafs of bread 6.5-7.5 cups flour into 3 cups warm water with dissolved in (1 tbsp active dry yeast, then 1 of salt , then 1 of sugar) - knead for 5 -10mins, let rise until double in size - about 1-2hrs depending on temp.

this is where you take 1 loafs worth of dough and and make your cinamon buns

- flatten/ roll out once rizen dough into about 1to 1.5 foot square or rectangle. mix up 1/2(?) cup of sugar, same(?) of butter, tsp of cinamon and spread on dough,add extras if desired, then roll up and cut into pucks/tubes - i do about 4-6 pucks in total to fit in my bread pan. These will go into oiled breead pan to rise for a second time along with your bread - about 1 hr. Then bake at 325 for probably less time then your bread which takes 45 mins.

The butter and sugar fries the bottom of the buns and it is delightful - crispy and chewy.

Takes three hrs total - but only about 30 mins of work or less if your fast.

Thats how you make'm.
           -them

I am not a druggy

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »
Yeah the are time sweetness takes on a level of stupid. Like, I like the taste of cinnamon, but if you dump so much sugar on it than you've ruined what was a nice spice flavour

There's always a balance.
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 05:15:40 PM »
I don't think I've ever had a Cinnabon.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:02:07 PM »
Cinnabon...

No.  There's no set of circumstances where anyone should ever eat at Cinnabon.  Well, maybe if you want to understand what it's like to be diabetic than Cinnabon might be a good option.
That's why I always ask how much extra for an insulin shot.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.