Coca-Cola: Try to be less white

• 48 Replies

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
Coca-Cola: Try to be less white
« on: February 23, 2021, 08:40:49 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/coke-slammed-for-blatant-racial-discrimination/news-story/54233828aaa099bb3b01f24eab4d4362
Coca-Cola has been accused of reverse racism after a training video for its employees told them to “try to be less white”.

The soft drink giant has been slammed for the racial discrimination training after a disgruntled employee shared it on social media and it went viral.

The training seminar was shared on LinkedIn with slides that featured tips on how “to be less white”, including being “less ignorant,” and “less oppressive”.

Where do you even find the words anymore??
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
Re: Coca-Cola: Try to be less white
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 08:50:20 AM »
I'm not outraged.  I'm inspired.  Being a racism sensitivity coach is my dream job.  Whoever cooked this is is living the dream!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:53:52 AM »
I'm not outraged.  I'm inspired.  Being a racism sensitivity coach is my dream job.  Whoever cooked this is is living the dream!

Haha yeah, I guess this is the brave new world we live in and we should lay back and enjoy.

I would have thought to being less white we could just brown ourselves in the sun or something, but I think that's too simple.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:56:50 AM »
If I were brainstorming with whoever came up with this then I'd recommend that they slowly try to push their employees into adopting blackface to promote racial sensitivity.

Think of the headlines and the troll potential!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 09:04:13 AM »
If I were brainstorming with whoever came up with this then I'd recommend that they slowly try to push their employees into adopting blackface to promote racial sensitivity.

Think of the headlines and the troll potential!

Now that's real thinking! I think every workplace should have a 'blackface' day. Or maybe even a week to show solidarity with our melanin heavy friends

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »
I almost posted about this the other day, but I didn't want to upset the wokebabies with another critical theory thread. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 11:27:07 AM »
I almost posted about this the other day, but I didn't want to upset the wokebabies with another critical theory thread. lol

At some point, you do just have to laugh I think. Then again, what will the wokebabies think of our blackface ideas? hahaha

?

Eren

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »
Didn't you explode at me for saying that treating American citizens differently based on their race is concerning?

Now you make a thread about it.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 03:12:09 PM »
Didn't you explode at me for saying that treating American citizens differently based on their race is concerning?

Now you make a thread about it.

Give up the charade D1. There is no more use for this alt as your ban has expired. Unless you want to be banned again including this alt. Besides, your real account is locked away from these upper forums so people can post here without you shitting up the threads

?

Eren

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 04:01:15 PM »
You seem paranoid.

Am I sitting up this thread? I apologise if that is the case.

?

Eren

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »
You're also incredibly inconsistent. Reading through your posts you seem to think Australia should be less white but you take issue with Coca Cola asking their employees to be less white. I said it earlier you are constantly contradicting yourself.

If you have an issue with me then I won't respond to your posts, it's ok. Honestly I think you're one of the most boring characters here. You post walls of text where no point is raised and that's not what I'm here for.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »
You're also incredibly inconsistent. Reading through your posts you seem to think Australia should be less white but you take issue with Coca Cola asking their employees to be less white. I said it earlier you are constantly contradicting yourself.

If you have an issue with me then I won't respond to your posts, it's ok. Honestly I think you're one of the most boring characters here. You post walls of text where no point is raised and that's not what I'm here for.

Great. So stay out of my threads and don't reply with your nonsense to anything I say. Win/win

?

Eren

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 04:43:35 PM »
It does seem pointless to converse with someone who debunks their own points, often in the same post.

Coca Cola can make their workforce less white if they like. Maybe they have data showing that the less white their workforce is the more profitable it is.

Amazon found out that increased diversity makes unionisation less likely so it's in their interests to have the most diverse workforce they can.

You are quite abrasive anyway. I will try to avoid responding to your posts but can't guarantee I won't post in the threads you start as you seem to be the most active user here.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 04:53:44 PM »
It does seem pointless to converse with someone who debunks their own points, often in the same post.

Coca Cola can make their workforce less white if they like. Maybe they have data showing that the less white their workforce is the more profitable it is.

Amazon found out that increased diversity makes unionisation less likely so it's in their interests to have the most diverse workforce they can.

You are quite abrasive anyway. I will try to avoid responding to your posts but can't guarantee I won't post in the threads you start as you seem to be the most active user here.

Humour and sarcasm really is a foreign concept to a boring hate filled racist POS NAZI supporting stiff like you isn't it?

Of course I think the 'be less white' is shitty PC woke BS in the extreme. I'm really not going to waste energy getting raged about it. So I'm just going to chuckle at the mind boggingly stupidity of it instead

You're not even permitted to post in the upper boards and tired if you seeing you spam your usual triggered shit in it. Reply here again and I'll report it for whatever that's worth these days.

Just use your stupid original disputeone login. It's ban expired.

?

Eren

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 05:09:19 PM »
Lol what?
Report my posts if you like. I'm starting to understand why this forum has such a small user base.

Am I breaking rules here?

Also it's not stupid if it prevents unionisation, it's profitable.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:45:45 PM »

At some point, you do just have to laugh I think. Then again, what will the wokebabies think of our blackface ideas? hahaha

It's more about power and perception,  they did a study comparing students at a well off school and a disadvantaged school. 
The students at the well off school were assertive, outspoken confident, whereas the students at the disadvantaged school were quiet, reserved, less outgoing and prone to angry responses when pushed.

These attitudes can carry over into the workplace,  some of the well-to-do think they are entitled and rules don't apply to them,  they are more likely to cheat on their wives, break the speed limit when driving,  and treat anyone below them with contempt.  As an experiment they put out a dish of chocolates with a sign,  "These Chocolates are for the kids".  The more senior the management the more likely they were to grab a handfull of chocolates as they went past.  They think rules don't apply to them. 

These attitudes of "Try to be less white"  could be better summarized as "Don't be an asshole" 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Lorddave

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 10:00:39 PM »

It's more about power and perception,  they did a study comparing students at a well off school and a disadvantaged school. 
The students at the well off school were assertive, outspoken confident, whereas the students at the disadvantaged school were quiet, reserved, less outgoing and prone to angry responses when pushed.

These attitudes can carry over into the workplace,  some of the well-to-do think they are entitled and rules don't apply to them,  they are more likely to cheat on their wives, break the speed limit when driving,  and treat anyone below them with contempt.  As an experiment they put out a dish of chocolates with a sign,  "These Chocolates are for the kids".  The more senior the management the more likely they were to grab a handfull of chocolates as they went past.  They think rules don't apply to them. 

These attitudes of "Try to be less white"  could be better summarized as "Don't be an asshole"
Relevant comic....
https://somethingpositive.net/comic/old-familiar-faces-xix-pt-2/

But yeah, "less white" sounds bad.  Like white is synonimous for asshole.  Tho in some places, maybe it is.  I dunno.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 02:35:56 AM »
To be fair we always knew coca cola is racist, they were back in the day and they are now.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 03:05:01 AM »
To be fair we always knew coca cola is racist, they were back in the day and they are now.

https://dev.harbert.auburn.edu/binaries/documents/center-for-ethical-organizational-cultures/cases/coca-cola.pdf
In 1999 Coca-Cola’s reputation was dealt another blow when 1,500 African American employees sued for racial discrimination.The lawsuit,which eventually grew to include 2,000 current and former employees,accused the company of discriminating in areas of pay, promotion, and performance evaluation. Plaintiffs charged that the company grouped African American workers at the bottom of the pay scale and that they earned around $26,000 a year less than Caucasian employees in comparable jobs. The suit also alleged that top management had known about company wide discrimination since 1995 but had done nothing about it. In 1992 Coca-Cola had pledged to spend $1billion on goods and services from minority vendors, an action designed to show the public that Coca-Cola did not discriminate, but the lawsuit from its own employees painted a different picture. Although Coca  -Cola strongly denied the allegations, the law suit provoked unrest within the company. In response, Coca-Cola created a diversity council and the company paid $193 million to settle the claims.

Yep. The 'diversity council' (which their stupid 'try to be less white' is probably a product of) is just theatrics. They just say what they think the public wants to hear but on the inside they are still rotten to the core

It's like Australias own Prime Minister. He hires (at $200K tax payers expense) an 'empathy coach' and his job is to tell the Prime Minister how he can pretend to care about people because our PM is totally devoid of any himself. There is no conviction in anything he says. Everything he says is carefully managed to hit the right notes with the public but just like Coca Cola, it is empty.

Of course, the whole 'Try to be less white' takes it next level ridiculous. I wonder if the intent is actually to trigger the snowflakes to getting blood raged with their 'it's OK to be white' slogans while Coca Cola tries to come out on top as woke. And as thy say, any publicity is good publicity

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 03:35:43 AM »
I think it was just one retarded employee and the powerpoint didnt get double checked.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 07:00:41 AM »

So are you saying white=asshole?
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Jamie

• Numbers Archivist
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 09:27:16 AM »
Is this why Crystal Pepsi failed?
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 06:11:50 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/24/us/smith-college-race.html  and the archive https://archive.is/buetV

This is what critical race theory is doing to working class people.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 07:53:43 PM »

I was wondering if anyone would read it that way,  but no, it's about abuse of power and privilege. 
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Eren

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 10:22:56 PM »

I was wondering if anyone would read it that way,  but no, it's about abuse of power and privilege. 

Wouldn't it then be easier to say.
"Try to abuse your power and privilege less."

Your post obviously implies that "Try to be less white"  could be better summarized as "Don't be an asshole"

Seems unnecessary.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 12:16:37 AM »
Sensitivity training is a grift, corps do it to seem accepting, and they don't really care what the seminars entail. The people coming up with the seminars don't really care either so they're just like "uh sensitivity training, ummmm idk just don't be white or smth" and then no one checks it because no one really cares.

Although I really wish people would just stop posting outrage stories such as "some dumb person did some dumb thing somewhere". The world has 7 billion people. You can find weird shit if you look hard enough. It's not important. There is some people who base their entire worldview on incidents like that instead of anything with real and broad consequences and it's just kind of bad.

Like, this has no consequence. The Amazon union busting video however DOES have consequence:

The Coca Cola Colombian death squads also have consequence: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/jul/24/marketingandpr.colombia
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Eren

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 12:41:32 AM »
The Amazon union busting video however DOES have consequence:

The Coca Cola Colombian death squads also have consequence: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/jul/24/marketingandpr.colombia

I like people with principles.

?

Eren

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 12:49:44 AM »
Whole Foods employs roughly 95,000 people nationwide. Data collected in the heat map suggest that stores with low racial and ethnic diversity, especially those located in poor communities, are more likely to unionize.
https://observer.com/2020/04/amazon-whole-foods-anti-union-technology-heat-map/

Cokes ceos couldn't care less about freedom. They see a more diverse, less white workforce as more profitable for Coke. I don't think anyone actually believes coke cares about the race if their employees. They just care about exploiting them.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 12:54:47 AM »

Wouldn't it then be easier to say.
"Try to abuse your power and privilege less."

Your post obviously implies that "Try to be less white"  could be better summarized as "Don't be an asshole"

Seems unnecessary.

That's such a white cis male response. Try to be less white cis male and be more considerate. Thank you!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »
Sensitivity training is a grift, corps do it to seem accepting, and they don't really care what the seminars entail. The people coming up with the seminars don't really care either so they're just like "uh sensitivity training, ummmm idk just don't be white or smth" and then no one checks it because no one really cares.

Very true and exactely what I've said.

Tho you should consider that some people with a very low self esteem, e.g. dispute one, do care because they feel attacked.