Genuine interest about FE mentality

• 33 Replies

rvlvr

Re: Genuine interest about FE mentality
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2021, 01:44:55 PM »
You could make an argument that Eugenics are immoral but you can't in good faith say that it doesn't work.

We do it with every animal we make use of.

Forced Eugenics on the human race is abhorrent and disgusting. For shame you think it's workable.
How so? I am all for us as a species getting better. And yes, damn the torpedoes/morals. Some will be left behind, myself quite probably included.

EDIT: The way things go, Eugenics is the way. It will be put to effect. No one sane will say otherwise. You want your kid to be better than you? At least Id like that. Id rather it is not in Dogs hands.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 01:50:53 PM by rvlvr »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2021, 06:20:04 AM »
How so? I am all for us as a species getting better. And yes, damn the torpedoes/morals. Some will be left behind, myself quite probably included.

EDIT: The way things go, Eugenics is the way. It will be put to effect. No one sane will say otherwise. You want your kid to be better than you? At least Id like that. Id rather it is not in Dogs hands.

I bolded the part of your response that highlights the real issue here.

Can genetic tinkering or bereding make a person smarter? Sure. Bigger? Sure. Stronger? Sure.

Better. No.

Is someone who can lift more weight than me better than I am?  No.

Is someone who scores a few points higher on a test than me better  than I am?  No.

Am I better than someone with an auto-immune disorder?  Better than someone with cancer?  No and no.

Nobody is better than someone else because of the color of their skin, how high they can jump, how much money they inherited, what job they perform or what religion they are.

A humans worth isn't measured in their physical stats. We are not racehorses. We are not assembly line produces. We are people.

That's what's wrong with Eugenics. It's not a science, it's a religion, as everyone will have a different idea of what 'better' is.

?

Eren

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2021, 06:36:01 AM »
A humans worth isn't measured in their physical stats. We are not racehorses. We are not assembly line produces. We are people.

I'm a Christian also.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2021, 07:45:35 AM »
This is a thread in FE General. If you guys want to talk politics, do it in the proper forum.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.