Genuine interest about FE mentality

• 33 Replies
Genuine interest about FE mentality
« on: February 22, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »
How and why do you doubt NASA, RE scientists and other scientific evidence prooving the earth round?
I have read various articles and the FAQ in this site and I still can't acept this notion. All theories seem to have flaws. Furthermore they aren't exactly theories, mora of a collection of responses to the objections of a flat earth. The idea is always, if you can't prove it's not flat, then it's flat.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:36:05 AM by bpgodinho »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Genuine interest about FE mentality
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:15:38 AM »
How and why do you doubt NASA, RE scientists and other scientific evidence prooving the earth round?
I have read various articles and the FAQ in this site and I still can't acept this notion. All theories seem to have flaws. Furthermore they aren't exactly theories, mora of a collection of responses to the objections of a flat earth. The idea is always, if you can't prove it's not flat, then it's flat.

Read about Wernher von Braun, a literal NAZI who directed NASA. And he was not the only NAZI on the team

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/nazi-scientists-space-program-2014-2?r=US&IR=T
As World War Two drew to a close, the United States rushed to collect as many former Nazi scientists as possible through a secret mission called Operation Paperclip. As some had been branded war criminals at Nuremberg, the U.S. military whitewashed the backgrounds of many scientists in an attempt to justify hiring them.

That's one hell of an origin story!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
I never got the point of that argument.  If it’s all fake, what did  the Americans and Soviets need German rocket scientists for?

It’s much better propaganda for NASA to say it was all the work of good honest corn fed God fearing  Americans.

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 01:41:08 PM »
Read about Wernher von Braun, a literal NAZI who directed NASA. And he was not the only NAZI on the team
So if the Nazi's are involved it must be false?
It sure seems like they just wanted some of the top rocket scientists to be working for them.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 04:23:28 PM »
@unconvinced

If it’s all fake, what did  the Americans and Soviets need German rocket scientists for?

The answer is obvious and very sad.  I know britain remembers.

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 04:26:08 PM »
@unconvinced
If it’s all fake, what did  the Americans and Soviets need German rocket scientists for?
Not really.
If it is all fake you don't need to rockets to be anywhere near as good.
Instead you just fake it as American Superioritytm.

The reason they are "needed" is to have the best people working on it.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 05:45:44 PM »
The ability to bomb your "adversary" from any point on earth to any other is the express purpose of rocketry and always was.

"Bad rockets" are not nearly as desirable for this purpose, nor any other. 

The kinds america built before operation paperclip were embarrassing, not just merely "bad".

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 06:34:55 PM »
The ability to bomb your "adversary" from any point on earth to any other is the express purpose of rocketry and always was.

"Bad rockets" are not nearly as desirable for this purpose, nor any other. 

The kinds america built before operation paperclip were embarrassing, not just merely "bad".

I know, right.  ICBMs, communications satellites, spy satellites, launch detection, GPS, maybe orbital weapons platforms...

Military applications were the main driver for the cold war space race. Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin‘s orbital fight really put the shits up the US, which is why they were prepared to spend such vast amounts of money on their own space program and developing the technology through military contractors.

Sounds like you don’t buy into the idea that it’s all fake?  So where do you draw the line?

PS IMO, Britain would do well to let the Second World War go, but that’s a conversation for another part of the forum.

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
No it isn't. You have to have been living under a rock for quite some time to honestly think that.

But none of that needs NASA and pretending Earth is round if it was actually flat.
You could easily take the scientists and put them on top-secret projects to develop rockets.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 11:15:58 PM »
@jackblack

No it isn't. You have to have been living under a rock for quite some time to honestly think that.

Sadly it is more or less historical fact.  The reason humanity devoted itself to building rockets is clear, and it was not at all the idealistic or scientific endeavor you might imagine it was.  There are rumors that von braum DID in fact want to use rockets to visit the heavens, and that his inventions were corrupted to this end - but it is unthinkable that he would not be aware/considerate of what they would be used for.  In any case, the rocket is millenia old and is an invention of war.

But none of that needs NASA and pretending Earth is round if it was actually flat.

Agreed.  I don't typically encounter the claim that NASA is doing that from flat earth researchers, but from globe earth proponents who misunderstand/presume.  I think the position forwarded by the sister site wiki is much more conceivable - namely that "space travel / exploration" are a media campaign to increase public support and funding for things that, after the wacky "ND" 60's and its still looming doomsday clock, the public didn't want to fund anymore.  They aren't pretending the earth is round; they earnestly believe it is - just like most everyone else who was taught that as an inerrant/inarguable fact from childhood.

You could easily take the scientists and put them on top-secret projects to develop rockets.

Also agreed, though it would be best to "double dip" as it were - don't you think?  As long as we are building rockets for "peaceful exploration", then we are happy to give the military contractors more money to build weapons (gravy on top of the criminal amounts diverted/stolen for black projects).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:18:43 PM by jack44556677 »

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 12:54:27 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/nazi-scientists-space-program-2014-2?r=US&IR=T
As World War Two drew to a close, the United States rushed to collect as many former Nazi scientists as possible through a secret mission called Operation Paperclip. As some had been branded war criminals at Nuremberg, the U.S. military whitewashed the backgrounds of many scientists in an attempt to justify hiring them.

1. Well even if tha story about the nazi were true, what does that mean? Nazis aren't know as compulsive liers. Although I hate nazism saying someone is a nazi doesn't mean they are lying

2. Also, I can say that for just about anything. A flat disc accelerating endlessly through space at more than the speed of light (physicallly impossible), that's one hell of a theory

?

Eren

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 12:58:53 AM »

Seems like they were just the best and brightest scientists at the time. No one else has been able to get us to the moon again. I agree with bpgodinho, it's a weak argument.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 01:23:02 AM »
@unconvinced
Not really.

And the 'best' people were not Americans. They were 'NAZIs' Must be a big blow to the Yankee ego. No wonder they tried to hide that truth nugget. Just how dumb are Americans in reality. Their H-1B Visa program is literally the only thing that keeps America on top. By having other countries go through the expense of educating and training their people only for America to swoop in and reap the rewards with promise of citizenship. If America was left entirely on it's own and you only had born and bred Americans working on projects there, they would be lagging far behind in many scientific fields. eg Elon Musk is South African and even he's showing the Yanks up.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 01:28:26 AM »

1. Well even if tha story about the nazi were true, what does that mean? Nazis aren't know as compulsive liers. Although I hate nazism saying someone is a nazi doesn't mean they are lying

2. Also, I can say that for just about anything. A flat disc accelerating endlessly through space at more than the speed of light (physicallly impossible), that's one hell of a theory

NAZIs not known to be liars? What crack have you been smoking? You think their propaganda claims were all truth? Was their persecution of Jews based on truth and justice?

And a quote from Hitler: "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

Know your place

?

Eren

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 01:31:39 AM »
And a quote from Hitler: "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

Is that untrue?
I don't want to get into a mud throwing contest but I think that quote is true. It also wasn't Hitler that said it originally but a Frenchman that funnily enough Hitler was too proud to give credit for it.

Isn't that what this whole site is about?

"Say the earth is a sphere, keep saying it and people will believe it?"

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 01:52:15 AM »
Are ICBM's fictional? I believe so.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 01:54:48 AM »

Is that untrue?
I don't want to get into a mud throwing contest but I think that quote is true. It also wasn't Hitler that said it originally but a Frenchman that funnily enough Hitler was too proud to give credit for it.

It doesn't matter if Hitler came up with the quote or not, the fact is he was known to say it and I'm sure like any political party, practiced it with their propaganda.

This site is supposed to be about telling people the Earth is flat. Now while this site exists on the fringes of the forum with a handful of active members, the claims wont be taken seriously. But imagine if there were thousands of flat earth forums with thousands of active users all saying the earth is flat. It would start to be given more credence by people stumbling across the chatter regardless of what is the truth

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 02:12:33 AM »
@jackblack
Sadly it is more or less historical fact.
No, it isn't.
Again, that would only be the case if you have been living under a rock for over 50 years.

The purpose of rocketry has changed significantly.
It is no longer merely about bombing people but also about putting things into space, and even just a hobby.

the idealistic or scientific endeavor you might imagine it was.
Where did I ever suggest anything like that?
I objected to you claiming bombing people is the express purpose of rocketry and always has been.
That implies it still currently is, that the purpose of rocketry today is bombing people. And that simply is not the case.
It is used for far more than that. It has a far broader purpose.

Agreed.  I don't typically encounter the claim that NASA is doing that from flat earth researchers, but from globe earth proponents who misunderstand/presume.
You mean who correctly understand and see through the FE BS?

The sheer scale of what they are doing would require them to know the shape of Earth, which means they must be involved in hiding the shape.
So yes, it would mean that they are pretending Earth is round.

It also makes no sense from a funding point of view, especially with so much money in the black budget, and all the money that would be wasted on faking it.

Also agreed, though it would be best to "double dip" as it were - don't you think?  As long as we are building rockets for "peaceful exploration", then we are happy to give the military contractors more money to build weapons (gravy on top of the criminal amounts diverted/stolen for black projects).
Only if it is real. If it is all fake, it makes no sense at all. It is just a massive waste of money.

?

Eren

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 02:14:03 AM »

Is that untrue?

It doesn't matter if Hitler came up with the quote or not, the fact is he was known to say it and I'm sure like any political party, practiced it with their propaganda.

This site is supposed to be about telling people the Earth is flat. Now while this site exists on the fringes of the forum with a handful of active members, the claims wont be taken seriously. But imagine if there were thousands of flat earth forums with thousands of active users all saying the earth is flat. It would start to be given more credence by people stumbling across the chatter regardless of what is the truth

That was my point.
The quote is true.

This is off topic but you brought it up. The policy of the Nazi party was to tell only the truths that supported their goals and to ignore the truths that didn't.

Which is absolutely true about modern political parties.

Remember when they told us masks were ineffective? They told the parts of the truth that supported their claim. Like how the virus particle is too small to be stopped by a regular mask.

Then when they had enough masks and wanted us to wear them they again told us the parts of the truth that supported their claims. Like how the main method of transmission are droplets which a regular mask does protect against.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:18:11 AM by Eren »

JackBlack

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 02:15:39 AM »
@unconvinced
Not really.

And the 'best' people were not Americans. They were 'NAZIs' Must be a big blow to the Yankee ego. No wonder they tried to hide that truth nugget. Just how dumb are Americans in reality. Their H-1B Visa program is literally the only thing that keeps America on top. By having other countries go through the expense of educating and training their people only for America to swoop in and reap the rewards with promise of citizenship. If America was left entirely on it's own and you only had born and bred Americans working on projects there, they would be lagging far behind in many scientific fields. eg Elon Musk is South African and even he's showing the Yanks up.
And there you go ignoring the point. If it was all propaganda, then there is no need for the best people working on it. If you are just going to fake the results you can get away with quite extreme incompetence.

The only reason to get the best people working on it is if it is real.

Are ICBM's fictional? I believe so.
And that isn't surprising given you seem to think all of reality is fictional.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 02:32:18 AM »
@unconvinced
Not really.

None of that proves that the earth is flat or that the space programs are a lie. It just proves that the American government is full of scumbags

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 02:35:18 AM »
@jackblack

Sadly it is more or less historical fact.  The reason humanity devoted itself to building rockets is clear, and it was not at all the idealistic or scientific endeavor you might imagine it was.  There are rumors that von braum DID in fact want to use rockets to visit the heavens, and that his inventions were corrupted to this end - but it is unthinkable that he would not be aware/considerate of what they would be used for.  In any case, the rocket is millenia old and is an invention of war.

Agreed.  I don't typically encounter the claim that NASA is doing that from flat earth researchers, but from globe earth proponents who misunderstand/presume.  I think the position forwarded by the sister site wiki is much more conceivable - namely that "space travel / exploration" are a media campaign to increase public support and funding for things that, after the wacky "ND" 60's and its still looming doomsday clock, the public didn't want to fund anymore.  They aren't pretending the earth is round; they earnestly believe it is - just like most everyone else who was taught that as an inerrant/inarguable fact from childhood.

Well this response has NOTHING to do with the flat earth. I have no idea why you brought up the intentions of the space program as it has clearly nothing to do with the topic

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 02:43:39 AM »

Is that untrue?

That was my point.
The quote is true.

This is off topic but you brought it up. The policy of the Nazi party was to tell only the truths that supported their goals and to ignore the truths that didn't.

Which is absolutely true about modern political parties.

Remember when they told us masks were ineffective? They told the parts of the truth that supported their claim. Like how the virus particle is too small to be stopped by a regular mask.

Then when they had enough masks and wanted us to wear them they again told us the parts of the truth that supported their claims. Like how the main method of transmission are droplets which a regular mask does protect against.

Which goal of the Nazi party had even a sliver of truth? Eugenics? The genocide of Jews? That all of Europe belonged to Germany? C'mon

@unconvinced
Not really.

And there you go ignoring the point. If it was all propaganda, then there is no need for the best people working on it. If you are just going to fake the results you can get away with quite extreme incompetence.

The only reason to get the best people working on it is if it is real.

I'm not saying space isn't real - I just don't hold NASA as a bastion of truth. Just because some things they say are true, or some inventions they make are cool (I do like my cordless drill), doesn't mean everything they say is true or every product they invent is made with the best of intentions. Give us billions of dollars to fund a mission to Mars to turn over a few stones. Also, here is all our R&D American military

I agree that many people all over the world - even God forsaken Nazis were more intelligent than Americans. It still doesn't change the fact that NASA's origin is something America would prefer be whitewashed away because frankly it is disturbing.

Know your place

?

Eren

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 03:00:03 AM »
You could make an argument that Eugenics are immoral but you can't in good faith say that it doesn't work.

We do it with every animal we make use of.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 03:17:12 AM »
You could make an argument that Eugenics are immoral but you can't in good faith say that it doesn't work.

We do it with every animal we make use of.

Forced Eugenics on the human race is abhorrent and disgusting. For shame you think it's workable.

Know your place

?

Eren

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 03:37:09 AM »
It does work. You can say its immoral, I'd agree.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 03:55:47 AM »

Was this the question you wanted me to answer?

This has been answers many times by both flat earthers and globe earthers alike and they are all in agreement that despite the forever acceleration, it will never reach the speed of light from any perspective

Know your place

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 05:58:01 AM »

This has been answers many times by both flat earthers and globe earthers alike and they are all in agreement that despite the forever acceleration, it will never reach the speed of light from any perspective

“All” being a handful of people active on this forum, you mean.  I’m not sure that counts as being universally accepted.  I don’t want to derail this thread though, just wanted to point out that people who most understand special relativity probably haven’t even thought about this particular case.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2021, 06:15:39 AM »

“All” being a handful of people active on this forum, you mean.  I’m not sure that counts as being universally accepted.  I don’t want to derail this thread though, just wanted to point out that people who most understand special relativity probably haven’t even thought about this particular case.

The OP started a new thread about this.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »

NAZIs not known to be liars? What crack have you been smoking? You think their propaganda claims were all truth? Was their persecution of Jews based on truth and justice?

Although the third reich ran some pretty aggressive propaganda the ideology itself is not associated with lying. The nazis lied to get to power, not because it was part of their "beliefs" (if you can even call nazism a belief)