How does the aurora borealis/australis work on a motionless Earth?

• 5 Replies
?

MidnightWolf9908

• The fact that I had to make this account is sad
So pretty much the entirety of the FES agrees that the Earth is motionless, right? Well, I have one question: If the Earth is not rotating, then how do the northern/southern lights happen? On a globe Earth model, the rotation of Earth's liquid outer core is what causes Earth's magnetic field, which deflects solar wind away from Earth. Weaker areas in this field, around the poles of Earth, where solar wind interacts with Earth's atmosphere, is what causes the aurora events to occur. So, on a motionless Flat Earth model, how does this work?

Here is a model of Earth's magnetic field with solar wind (if you want one):
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:11:19 PM by MidnightWolf9908 »
Where do I put the signature?

Re: How does the aurora borealis/australis work on a motionless Earth?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 03:07:11 AM »
I am not flat Earth beliver, just to state.

So there are many models of Flat Earth, each with his own ideas and explenations.

So, one possible is that it is almost same as in globe case. Weaker magnetic field around poles mixed with whatewer sun spews in FE makes it. Another possible explenation is layers of aether. Poles are as far as you can get form sun, so if sun attracts/pushes aether away form itself, poles will be most dense/least dense. Then, you will have some sort of potential, and if you ad some particles into mix, you have sensiblish explenation

Hope it helps!

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 03:26:17 PM »

So there are many models of Flat Earth, each with his own ideas and explenations.

So, one possible is that it is almost same as in globe case. Weaker magnetic field around poles mixed with whatewer sun spews in FE makes it. Another possible explenation is layers of aether. Poles are as far as you can get form sun, so if sun attracts/pushes aether away form itself, poles will be most dense/least dense. Then, you will have some sort of potential, and if you ad some particles into mix, you have sensiblish explenation

Hope it helps!

I think this is a great explanation, although might it also be possible that in a FE model there is similarly a liquid outer core beneath the surface of the earth that spins, rather like currents beneath the surface of otherwise still water? It would explain a lot of GE phenomona...

?

MidnightWolf9908

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 04:38:29 PM »

Hope it helps!

I think this is a great explanation, although might it also be possible that in a FE model there is similarly a liquid outer core beneath the surface of the earth that spins, rather like currents beneath the surface of otherwise still water? It would explain a lot of GE phenomona...

But that would contradict the FE statement that Earth is completely motionless, in a way.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 03:39:26 AM »

Hope it helps!

But that would contradict the FE statement that Earth is completely motionless, in a way.

No it whoudn't. In that model core flows and spins, not Earth

?

MidnightWolf9908

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 03:09:47 PM »

Hope it helps!

No it whoudn't. In that model core flows and spins, not Earth

I guess so.