Lunar Eclipses?

• 12 Replies
?

FlatEarthisStupid

• I have encountered the sphere-phobes.
Lunar Eclipses?
« on: February 18, 2021, 03:45:49 PM »
Attached is a timelapsed video of a lunar eclipse. You can see Earth's shape on the moon as the moon passes behind the Earth. Tell me, how does that work if Earth is a flat disk? On Flat Earth day-night models, the sun and moon are always shown opposite of each other, which can't be true because you can see the moon in the daytime sometimes. So tell me, what's going on? When does the Earth get between the sun and the moon on those models?
And don't tell me that this video is CGI-animated, because you can tell by the jittery camera that it was filmed with a real camera and that it is not CGI.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:47:45 PM by FlatEarthisStupid »

Mattathome

• I love this site, it goes round and round...
Re: Lunar Eclipses?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 08:36:45 PM »
This one is one of my favorites.  They call it the Shadow Object...

https://wiki.tfes.org/Lunar_Eclipse_due_to_Shadow_Object
Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

Why are you clicking that?

?

FlatEarthisStupid

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 05:49:03 PM »

This article says that the anti-moon orbits the sun. How does it get in front of the moon if the sun and moon always orbit opposite of each other above the Earth?
Also, you can't cite your own source. You must cite a source from another, more credible, organization.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 08:51:57 PM »
On Flat Earth day-night models, the sun and moon are always shown opposite of each other

If your premise is invalid, how can you expect people to take you seriously?

Clearly the sun and moon are not opposite each other, so your statement "On Flat Earth day-night models, the sun and moon are always shown opposite of each other" is incorrect.

http://www.geologyin.com/2017/08/flat-earthers-claim-solar-eclipse-just.html

?

FlatEarthisStupid

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 11:28:12 PM »
On Flat Earth day-night models, the sun and moon are always shown opposite of each other

If your premise is invalid, how can you expect people to take you seriously?

Clearly the sun and moon are not opposite each other, so your statement "On Flat Earth day-night models, the sun and moon are always shown opposite of each other" is incorrect.

http://www.geologyin.com/2017/08/flat-earthers-claim-solar-eclipse-just.html

All the other models I've seen look like this. Dang, at least spherical Earth models can be consistent.
https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=flat%20earth%20day-night%20models#id=8F0775916F6D6F69DD8145FB04F2100DBF89E813

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 12:37:20 AM »

All the other models I've seen look like this.

Maybe you shouldn't make all-encompassing statements based solely on what you have seen.

?

FlatEarthisStupid

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 08:20:55 AM »

Maybe you shouldn't make all-encompassing statements based solely on what you have seen.

'based on what I've seen'. Does that mean research? 'Cause at least I do it instead of assuming that everything that the Flat Earth Society says is true. The Earth isn't flat. There are multiple do-able experiments to prove such a thing. 

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 08:21:37 AM »

Isn’t the basis of modern flat eartherism to trust solely what you’ve seen?  ie “looks flat”

?

FlatEarthisStupid

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 08:46:56 AM »

Isn’t the basis of modern flat eartherism to trust solely what you’ve seen?  ie “looks flat”

I agree with him/her. You and the entire F.E.S does that same thing. Mostly, people like you just parrot what other Flat Earthers say without doing research. With science, you can easily test out/research claims yourself. Try this: Many Flat Earthers say that water can't curve, so the Earth is not spherical. You can easily debunk this by looking at water. Put a single drop of water on a surface. What do you know? It curves. Look at ocean waves. They curve, don't they? That is one of the multiple examples I could provide.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 12:52:14 AM »

'based on what I've seen'. Does that mean research? 'Cause at least I do it instead of assuming that everything that the Flat Earth Society says is true. The Earth isn't flat. There are multiple do-able experiments to prove such a thing.

OK. Tell us which of these experiments you're going to do, and let's come to an agreement on the hypothesis, validity of the method, and what constitutes a passing and a failing experiment.

Mattathome

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 11:04:33 PM »

This article says that the anti-moon orbits the sun. How does it get in front of the moon if the sun and moon always orbit opposite of each other above the Earth?
Also, you can't cite your own source. You must cite a source from another, more credible, organization.

Oh you're mistaken here bub, I'm not a Flat Earther by any means and this isn't a citation but merely a reference.  I simply posted this link because I like to read up on how far FET research goes into tying to explain how things work versus what we learn otherwise.  I follow topics like the Dome, Universal Acceleration, and the Shadow Object etc. because for myself it's interesting to learn from a FE perspective on how much they have to discard and reinvent to force their own minds that the Globe we live on is flat.  It's a very humorous line between science and imagination and I still find it amazing how much effort goes into believing this shit. 

I'll be honest though, the topic you posted is considered an entry level question by most FEers and it has been talked about many times before.  I'm mildly surprised you got any response other than mine.  On the other FE site Pete would have linked the very same and locked the thread before you could hit refresh.
Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 02:03:49 AM »

Also, I have found no explanation on how this object was formed, why it isn't visible during the day, and if manmade, why.

Mattathome

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 03:27:45 AM »
Also, I have found no explanation on how this object was formed, why it isn't visible during the day, and if manmade, why.

You'll find the more you read about FE, the more explanations you're going to get for the same subject.  The most salient explanation is that it doesn't exist.