R.I.P. Rush Limbaugh

• 34 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
R.I.P. Rush Limbaugh
« on: February 17, 2021, 09:30:06 AM »
https://www.axios.com/rush-limbaugh-dies-cancer-e2557f61-cce1-4ea5-bbbe-d75e74351602.html
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh died Wednesday at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his wife announced on his radio show.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Jamie

• Retired
Re: R.I.P. Rush Limbaugh
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 09:46:26 AM »
Rest in peace, you bastard.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »
I suppose it's rude to speak ill of the recently dead so.  Rush was a... person.  He was probably nice to dogs.  And he also liked to party.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 10:15:44 AM »
Back in the olden days when he had a late night TV show, I loved him.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Shifter

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 10:21:50 AM »
Well I was told if you cant say anything nice, not to say anything at all. So on Rush Limbaugh, all I have to say is....

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 10:49:11 AM »
The world is a tiny bit better today.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 03:43:25 PM »
Twitter tells me Rush died during Black History Month..     

And not forgetting..

https://twitter.com/a_msullivan/status/1362103411320233993

I remember listening to Rush while driving in the US back in the early 90's,  he had a thing where he would play machine gun sounds with screaming animal noises,  something about supporting the second ammendment if I recall correctly.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 04:05:49 AM »

Sounded like a bit of a dick.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Lorddave

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 04:38:55 AM »
Isn't it nice how his personality was so big yet his passing is barely mentioned or cared about?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 05:59:25 AM »
Not on fox News. You would have thought that Santa Claus died.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 06:10:28 AM »

Sounded like a bit of a dick.
To some groups, he was a lot of a dick.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 06:51:57 AM »
Not on fox News. You would have thought that Santa Claus died.

Ah.  Fair enough.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 08:39:52 AM »
A Cancer died of cancer.

The only shame was he had no remorse.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 09:21:32 PM »
Early on in his career, and when the internet was a baby, I kept hearing the name Rush Limbaugh, but only in comments like "Rush Limbaugh is great!" and "Rush Limbaugh sucks!" I knew nothing about him.

I then saw that he had a late night television show. I watched it one night and thought it was genius.  I thought "This is the greatest parody of late night television since 'Fernwood Tonight'."

I watched the next night and slowly realized that he was not parodying conservatism. I had apparently caught him on a light and playful mood the first night (as I recall, he had his mother on the show) and had mistaken his rhetoric for parody, much like Steven Colbert would do with "The Colbert Report" a decade later. The second night was all trademark Limbaugh vitriol.

I spoke to him on his call-in radio show once asking about a quote he made early in his career to the effect that he knew his bombast was a schtick designed to get and keep an audience. He, of course, deflected while his producer hung up on me.

The damage he did to the country was at the time, tremendous. He has since been eclipsed by paramount provocateurs and agitators who far outstrip him.

I am, however, not sorry he is gone. Burn in one of the hells, Rush.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2021, 12:58:37 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with you people. I have seen this disgusting non human behavior from y'all many times before. This isn't the first time I have seen it here or experienced it, but still surprising and disgusting when it comes out.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 01:03:45 PM »
Keep in mind we're talking about a man who celebrated whenever a homosexual died from aids and was positively giddy when RBG died.

Stash

• I am car!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 01:22:55 PM »
What the fuck is wrong with you people. I have seen this disgusting non human behavior from y'all many times before. This isn't the first time I have seen it here or experienced it, but still surprising and disgusting when it comes out.

What does any of this have to do with you and your experience? Are you offended by speaking ill of the dead? I think you may want to examine his disgusting non human behavior. As I think previously mentioned he once ran a segment for a few weeks on his show mocking people dying of AIDS...broadcasting irreverent and tasteless 'AIDS Update' segments introduced by Dionne Warwick's "I'll Never Love This Way Again.". Talk about speaking ill of the dead...
We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man

Lorddave

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 03:03:16 PM »

The dead do not automatically get some high level of respect.  If a serial killer is killed, we do not mourn and say how great a person he was.  How the world will be worse off.  And while Rush was not a serial killer, he was a total asshole.  I don't think its wrong to say that.  We are not wishing and hoping he dies: he's already dead.  We are simply choosing to speak truthfully about him.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »

Congratulations. This is what being a hateful asshole for your entire life gets you. Not a lot of sympathy.

Rush has celebrated people dying for his entire career, seems fitting that he gets the same treatment. 

Bom Tishop

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »
To be fair I have never paid any attention to Rush, no different than Alex Jones to me. Just pander to nonsense, so never took any time out of my day except for brief moments I have heard a few portions for whatever reason it was in front of me.

I would like to see transcripts or something of him celebrating people (homosexual or whatever) dying. Even if that's true, does two wrongs make a right? Do you want to get dirty with a pig?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 06:37:59 PM »
To be fair I have never paid any attention to Rush, no different than Alex Jones to me. Just pander to nonsense, so never took any time out of my day except for brief moments I have heard a few portions for whatever reason it was in front of me.

I would like to see transcripts or something of him celebrating people (homosexual or whatever) dying. Even if that's true, does two wrongs make a right? Do you want to get dirty with a pig?
If you have a working internet connection, you can figure this out. Frankly, the only reason I haven't posted in this thread to date is because of the complicated feeling I'm having between the sadness of the loss of a human life and the absolutely terrible person he was that relished in the death of people whose deaths were good for his ratings.

If you don't have anything to complain about regarding the way he took joy in the loss of innocent people's lives, I'm not sure what leg you have to stand on bitching about people saying mean things about him when he dies. It's one of those "You reap what you sew" kind of things, except he went way above and beyond in terms of earning extra attention.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 06:38:08 PM »

I didn't post a celebration of Rush's death, but even I know he was a piece of shit about people dying from AIDS. He had a segment on his show called "AIDS Update" where he mocked people dying from AIDS. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 06:56:37 PM »

I didn't post a celebration of Rush's death, but even I know he was a piece of shit about people dying from AIDS. He had a segment on his show called "AIDS Update" where he mocked people dying from AIDS.

Well me using Google as boydster suggested (since no one is supplying any information just yelling. Thought the accuser was responsible for the burden of truth), apparently the gay thing is true, but then he stopped it, said it was a horrible mistake and donated money to an aids foundation.

Maybe he realized it was being an SOB, or maybe it was a stunt. Considering the fringe base he pushed to, I wouldn't see him needing to apologise to keep his base. I dunno

*Edit, oh and I really wasn't talking to you scg

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 08:06:12 PM »

You seriously defending this piece of scum?    The world is a better place without him. 

Incidentally,  how did you cope with the blackouts and cold?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »

Try listening to some of his show without wanting to punch him in his senior citizen, cancer, deaf eared face.

If he was some nobody then no one would say anything.
But he wasnt some nobody.
He lived to spread hate and gets it as good as he gave it.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 12:01:51 AM »

Try listening to some of his show without wanting to punch him in his senior citizen, cancer, deaf eared face.

Are you wanting me to listen to you sensibility with you speaking like that? You sound deranged

Bom Tishop

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 12:13:41 AM »

You seriously defending this piece of scum?    The world is a better place without him. 

Incidentally,  how did you cope with the blackouts and cold?

As for the Rush thing....I felt I just stated facts. You won't see me shed a year over someone who has murdered or destroyed people's lives (panzi schemes etc) and show no remorse years later. It shows they are just a bad seed and the world really is better off without them. Is Rush that bad? I dunno, guess I would have to research it more, I only researched the one thing.

I guess Alex Jones, Bannon and Trump deserve to die as well?

As for the winter storm, it is infuriating. It shows how much embezzlement has happened over the last decade. We spent billions and extra taxes to update our shitty system, winterize it etc. Ercot did nothing, nor will they agree to join the other grids... They say for self reliance, but it's really so they don't have to have federal oversight, and they can just pocket the money while fucking us. They all need to be fired and in jail.

We had to stay at my main shop because that is the only place I have a backup generator system. Most of Dallas fort worth had no power, even the hotels. The ones that did of course were booked. We lost water for two days as well. In the next couple months will start construction for going off the grid completely at the house. I am done with the fucks, it will get no better, it will happen again. Abbot is already blaming renewable energy and liberals over the fact we were bamboozled and taken for chumps/ripped for billions. I am sure it's because he profited from it.

Republicans or Dems, all the same piles of shit with different clothing.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 12:15:05 AM »

Are you wanting me to listen to you sensibility with you speaking like that? You sound deranged

If im derranged, listen to his show

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 12:17:11 AM »
Do they deserve to die?
No.
He should have been given 1000yrs to remorse himself.
Did he deserve to suffer?
Meh debatable.
Better for the world hes now gone?
Yes.
Well
Also debatable.
Too bad he never remorsed and flipped his followers.
If he had the chance...   or we could say hurray that a human with an inversed digestive tract is no longer functioning
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:20:26 AM by Themightykabool »

Shifter

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 01:03:14 AM »
I would hazard a guess he didn't apologize and stop the segment of the HIV update cheering whenever a gay person died. We have radio shock jocks here and there is no way they could say shit like that and still have the radio station receive sponsorship and advertising revenue. My guess would be the optics were starting to look a little bad and his apology was forced from his bosses

America does have different standards though. In Australia, despite the fact we have hate filled loopy shock jocks of our own, if any of them tried a 'HIV update' cheering when someone died, they wouldn't get passed the radio segment before calls for their 'cancel' started

On almost every metric based on a tolerant and civilized society, he was a gutter trash human. A deplorable piece of shit the world is clearly better off without. Whatever, he's gone now. I'm not 'glad' hes gone because a guy like that literally means nothing to me. I'm not 'sucked in' about it. But I wont feel sorry or make up some fluff to remark on his contributions to the world. I'm not sure what kind of society would be worse for his loss. But the kind of society and ideals that I live to, and America maybe pretends to live by, we are better off without his brand of hate spewing the airwaves and radicalizing the people to his BS

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place