Lighthouse dipping lights

• 627 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Lighthouse dipping lights
« Reply #600 on: April 06, 2021, 05:20:06 AM »
Re read what I said, twice.  Like I said, your only comebacks are the same old dance moves.  Fingers in ears, cry saying someone is lying when they tell you they personally gathered the data, calculated it, etc.  Dishonesty about considering alternatives to your indoctrination.  Dance on little sheep fool dance on.
Surely you don't really want to play games like this, do you?
So stop playing games.  I'm just fine with an honest discussion.  Until you do so, I will enjoy watching you squirm and dance all around.  So it is your choice.  Stop lying and playing the troll or actually be an adult.  Your choice fool, your choice.
My choice is to stay exactly as I am and have been.
You carry on if it makes you feel good.
Ok then, you just keep on being the fool for my enjoyment.  I shall continue to treat you as such and will not waste my time considering that you are anything more than just that.  Kinda sad really but hey you do you.
Fill your boots.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #601 on: April 06, 2021, 05:22:38 AM »
If there's no proof then I have every right to reject it or at the very least, question it.
The problem is that there is proof, and you just reject it without cause.
Show me the proof.
You have been shown, in other threads, and dismissed it as fake.
Look at JJA, who gave you proof that you can see down a downwards slope through a level tube, and you just dismissed it as fake/manipulation.

Forget JJA, he bottled it when asked to verify.
How about you show me some irrefutable proof from your own factual experiment.
You have a lot to say so how about nail it to your mast and make me eat my words?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #602 on: April 06, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »
You have a lot to say so how about nail it to your mast and make me eat my words?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #603 on: April 06, 2021, 08:48:19 AM »

You started off fine with your stuff but when I called you out to do it so I can have concrete proof of your set up, you refused to do the experiments you said you love to do.

You could've easily proved me wrong if what I said did not work but you chose not to.

I know why and so do you.

Mikey T.

« Reply #604 on: April 06, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
Re read what I said, twice.  Like I said, your only comebacks are the same old dance moves.  Fingers in ears, cry saying someone is lying when they tell you they personally gathered the data, calculated it, etc.  Dishonesty about considering alternatives to your indoctrination.  Dance on little sheep fool dance on.
Surely you don't really want to play games like this, do you?
So stop playing games.  I'm just fine with an honest discussion.  Until you do so, I will enjoy watching you squirm and dance all around.  So it is your choice.  Stop lying and playing the troll or actually be an adult.  Your choice fool, your choice.
My choice is to stay exactly as I am and have been.
You carry on if it makes you feel good.
Ok then, you just keep on being the fool for my enjoyment.  I shall continue to treat you as such and will not waste my time considering that you are anything more than just that.  Kinda sad really but hey you do you.
Fill your boots.
Yep, that's pretty much the response I expected.

JackBlack

« Reply #605 on: April 06, 2021, 01:57:34 PM »
You mean he eventually decided to stop bothering with you as you continually dismissed his evidence as fake and just threw in a bunch of ridiculous requirements which in no way helped to establish that it wasn't fake, and you continually refused to provide a complete list of requirements for you to just accept the evidence.

If he did do what you asked, and still showed that you were wrong, you would have just dismissed it as fake yet again, and threw out more excuses.

You will always refuse to eat your words because you don't give a damn about reality.
I have provided with irrefutable logic and math which you just ignore because you can't dismiss it as fake.
Such as the logical argument clearly showing the RE has a horizon,
The math that shows it is quite close to eye-level,
And the diagrams and logic clearly showing that you can see the ground through a level tube.
You just continually ignore it all because you cannot refute it, and you can't simply dismiss it as fake.

You have refuted nothing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #606 on: April 06, 2021, 09:51:29 PM »
You mean he eventually decided to stop bothering with you as you continually dismissed his evidence as fake and just threw in a bunch of ridiculous requirements which in no way helped to establish that it wasn't fake, and you continually refused to provide a complete list of requirements for you to just accept the evidence.
If he did do what you asked, and still showed that you were wrong, you would have just dismissed it as fake yet again, and threw out more excuses.

We'll never know until someone follows the instructions given.

Let's put this into simple perspective.

If I said You couldn't lift 1 ton of plates on a barbel and JJA decided to show me a barbel with 5, 100 kg discs on each side and then he lifts them above his knees, do I just accept it can be done or do I set out instructions to verify that there is no shenanigans going on?

This is all I'm doing and I'm doing it for a very good reason.

The reason is very simple.
Any person can set up a level tube on a downward gradient and not see that downward gradient, at all.

JJA showed me right down that bank but a separate picture of a level on the tube and expected me to accept that was how it was when looked through.

I gave him instructions to show he was being legit and he went into a rant and basically bottled it.
He said he loved doing experiments and the extra I asked was at no cost to him, other than rigging up a few tubes on level and plumb poles, sticks or whatever is at hand.

He bottled it because the set up I gave him would show he wasn't being accurate and he knew it.

You also know it and so does everyone else who's tried it.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:53:27 PM by sceptimatic »

JackBlack

« Reply #607 on: April 07, 2021, 02:29:06 AM »
We'll never know until someone follows the instructions given.
While technically we can never know, your history shows that you almost certainly wont accept it.

Lets put this into simple perspective.
You were provided evidence which clearly shows you were wrong.
You dismissed that as fake.

You then made up an experiment and demanded others do it without providing any evidence yourself.
Others did it and provided the results, showing that you were wrong.
You dismissed that as fake.

You made more demands and put in more requirements.
That was again met, with evidence provided showing you were wrong.
You again dismissed that as fake.

You then more ridiculous demands, which in no way help prevent the fakery and just makes it more distant from the original issue, and needlessly complicated.
At this point people gave up on trying to do it as it is clear you will simply dismiss it as fake and have no interest in accepting that you are wrong.

You were also provided logical arguments showing that you were wrong, which you just ignored and which you continue to do so.

You refused to provide a set of requirements which would then result in you simply accepting the results. In fact, you basically rejected that idea by pretty much saying you always wanted a way out.

You refused to provide any evidence yourself and continually made the same baseless claims which defy reason with no justification at all.

So looking at it simply it is quite clear.
YOU ARE WRONG!
You made a false claim.
As it is false, you cannot back it up with evidence.
As you don't want to accept you are wrong, you will ignore the logical arguments clearly showing you are wrong and dismiss the evidence that clearly shows you are wrong as fake.

The problem is entirely on you, not us.

Simple extrapolation would lead anyone to realise any evidence provided to you which shows you are wrong, you will dismiss as fake and throw more ridiculous demands.
This will continue until your demands literally make it impossible, such as by putting in so many crosshairs and other BS you don't even see the end of the tube, or until eventually they decide you are a pointless waste of time and stop trying to meet your demands.

Like I told you in the other thread, if you want these people to consider doing more any ridiculous experiments, after already doing so many which show you are wrong, provide a complete list of demands such that if it is met you will simply accept that you are wrong rather than continuing to make excuses.

Any person can set up a level tube on a downward gradient and not see that downward gradient, at all.
That is your baseless lie you are yet to justify in any way, which is refuted by plenty of evidence, and more importantly, logical arguments you cannot refute.

I gave him instructions to show he was being legit
And he followed them, and showed he was legit, after whihc you again dismissed him as lying and faking the results and then threw in more demands which in no way help to establish that he is being legit. That means they are entirely an excuse for you to dismiss the results that show you are wrong.

We both know this. The sooner you stop lying and pretending the better it will be for everyone.

Now going to explain just what part of the observation of the OP contradicts the RE model, as the RE model explains it perfectly and the FE model can't explain it at all.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #608 on: April 07, 2021, 03:02:02 AM »

I gave him instructions to show he was being legit
And he followed them, and showed he was legit, after whihc you again dismissed him as lying and faking the results and then threw in more demands which in no way help to establish that he is being legit. That means they are entirely an excuse for you to dismiss the results that show you are wrong.

No he didn't follow them.
He refused.

JackBlack

« Reply #609 on: April 07, 2021, 03:39:17 AM »
He did for the first set, and showed you were wrong.
He didn't for the second because by then you had already established you will simply dismiss or ignore anything that shows you are wrong, using whatever dishonest BS you can.

Just like now, you are using as a distraction from your complete inability to explain what magic prevents the RE from having a horizon, why shouldn't be visible when looking roughly level, and why it shouldn't produce the effects of the OP, just like you used whatever dishonest BS you could to avoid clarifying your position as one of pure insanity or one where there is no problem for the RE.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #610 on: April 07, 2021, 06:57:27 AM »

You started off fine with your stuff but when I called you out to do it so I can have concrete proof of your set up, you refused to do the experiments you said you love to do.

Still astounding how hard you work at trying to discredit people who actually put in the work, while avoiding showing any of your totally real experiments you performed with expert precision and carefully documented and photographed but won't show us because they totally do exist and you did them. Sure. We all believe you. ::)

You have spent WAY more time trying to dodge and weave and avoid doing the experiment yourself than the 5 minutes it would take to actually do it. Impressive.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #611 on: April 07, 2021, 11:22:48 AM »
He didn't for the second because by then you had already established you will simply dismiss or ignore anything that shows you are wrong, using whatever dishonest BS you can.

Yep he tried t dupe me for the first which was easily proven by me and anyone else who wants to do the same experiment, genuinely.

He refused to do the second to verify what he claimed because I set it out in such a way so he couldn't dupe it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #612 on: April 07, 2021, 11:23:26 AM »

Still astounding how hard you work at trying to discredit people who actually put in the work, while avoiding showing any of your totally real experiments you performed with expert precision and carefully documented and photographed but won't show us because they totally do exist and you did them. Sure. We all believe you. ::)

You have spent WAY more time trying to dodge and weave and avoid doing the experiment yourself than the 5 minutes it would take to actually do it. Impressive.
Do the experiment and shut me up.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #613 on: April 07, 2021, 11:41:53 AM »

I did the experiment, multiple times and showed you were wrong. You did nothing but accuse me of lying and demand more and more conditions while refusing to show us your own version.

If you're so sure of your own experiment, why are you afraid to do it yourself?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #614 on: April 07, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »

I did the experiment, multiple times and showed you were wrong.
No, you didn't.
You did the first one and refused to do the next because it showed you up.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #615 on: April 07, 2021, 12:35:00 PM »

No, you didn't.

I did several until you made it clear you were just going to keep refusing to accept anything shown to you and were unable to do them yourself.

Try looking through a tube before demanding others keep doing all your work for you. Might save you some time. Or, spend months making up excuses why you can't. :)

JackBlack

« Reply #616 on: April 07, 2021, 03:06:38 PM »
Yep he tried t dupe me for the first which was easily proven by me
No, he showed you were wrong, so you dismissed it as fake.
It didn't seem easily proven to be a dupe, as you just baselessly asserted that it was a dupe/fake.
You didn't prove anything.

Again, if you want anyone to bother wasting their time "verifying" it for you, set out a complete list of requirements such that if it is met you will accept that you are wrong, rather than dismissing it as fake as you always do.

Stop being so blatantly dishonest.
We both know that him doing the experiment will not shut you up.
If he shows you are wrong you will just dismiss it as fake and come up with more ridiculous requirements.
This was shown by the first case, where he did the experiment, proved you were wrong, and you dismissed it as fake.

So either provide a complete list of requirements that it will take for you to simply accept the results and admit you are wrong, or do the experiment yourself and provide the results.

Again, we have plenty of evidence showing you are wrong, and logical arguments showing you are wrong. All we have to indicate you are right is your baseless claim. And that baseless claim of yours is entirely worthless.

Now again, going to stop with the distraction and instead deal with the fact that the RE does have a horizon and would produce entirely consistent with what is observed by the OP, unlike the FE, which can't explain what is observed at all?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #617 on: April 08, 2021, 01:38:55 AM »

No, you didn't.

I did several until you made it clear you were just going to keep refusing to accept anything shown to you and were unable to do them yourself.

Try looking through a tube before demanding others keep doing all your work for you. Might save you some time. Or, spend months making up excuses why you can't. :)
By all means keep going on but you definitely bottled it when you realised you couldn't dupe me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #618 on: April 08, 2021, 01:40:16 AM »
Again, if you want anyone to bother wasting their time "verifying" it for you, set out a complete list of requirements such that if it is met you will accept that you are wrong, rather than dismissing it as fake as you always do.

I already did and it was refused.
How about you do it.
You know the set up.

JackBlack

« Reply #619 on: April 08, 2021, 03:07:37 AM »
By all means keep going on but you definitely bottled it when you realised you couldn't dupe me.
He clearly explained why he stopped giving in to your pathetic demands, because you demonstrated quite clearly that you will simply reject anything that shows you are wrong.

I already did and it was refused.
How about you do it.
You know the set up.
There you go lying again.
You gave a list of demands, but not such that if those demands were met you would simply accept the result.
Like I said, you did that before, the demands were met, and you dismissed it as fake, because it showed you were wrong.
Instead you demanded that you had a way out such that you can still dismiss the results as fake.

If you want to claim otherwise, provide a link to the post where you gave this complete list of requirements with an explicit statement confirming that you will accept the results if that list of requirements are met, even if the result shows you are wrong.

Now agian, going to explain how the OPs observations are inconsistent with the RE when they seem to match it perfectly?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #620 on: April 08, 2021, 06:25:03 AM »

Lying about what?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #621 on: April 08, 2021, 08:49:08 AM »

No, you didn't.

Uh-huh.

And you bottled it by not even performing the experiment in the first place, as you know it won't show what you claim. Or you still haven't figure out how to look through a tube.  ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #622 on: April 08, 2021, 08:55:35 AM »

No, you didn't.

Uh-huh.

That's all I need to know.

« Reply #623 on: April 08, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »
JJA and JackBlack -- unfortunately, you are just feeding the Troll (Scepti)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #624 on: April 08, 2021, 12:45:46 PM »

No, you didn't.

Uh-huh.

And you bottled it by not even performing the experiment in the first place, as you know it won't show what you claim. Or you still haven't figure out how to look through a tube.  ::)
That's all I need to know.

All anyone else needs to know is to watch you once again hide from the fact you can't even perform your own experiment. I fixed your quote, I think you forgot part of it.  ;D

JackBlack

« Reply #625 on: April 08, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »
Lying about what?
Clearly explained in the post. Stop with the rampant dishonesty.

You have never provided a complete list of requirements where you have confirmed that if those requirements are met you will simply accept that you are wrong.
Yet you lied and claimed you did.
Again, if you want anyone to seriously think it isn't a lie, provide a link to the post where you did. If you can't, it shows you are lying.

But you lie so much perhaps you don't even understand what a lie is or what being dishonest is?

Just like you still dishonestly avoid the fact that the RE can explain what the OP observed and the FE can't.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #626 on: April 09, 2021, 05:58:54 AM »
You tell em, platty.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #627 on: April 09, 2021, 08:20:37 AM »
You tell em, platty.

Excellent self own. 10/10. Would read again.