Lighthouse dipping lights

• 627 Replies

JackBlack

Re: Lighthouse dipping lights
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2021, 02:31:48 PM »
Stop wasting my time with this utter garbage.
That's no example of what I said.
It is a direct quote of what you said.
I even gave you an example showing how it depends on distance and elevation and you dismissed it as wrong.
That means you are the one wasting time here, like you always do.

So again, do you now change your claim such that your ability to see a distant object on the RE is dependent upon the height of the object, the distance to the object, and the observer elevation?
Thus the fact that you can see the lighthouse does not disprove the RE?
Thus the observation of the OP are consistent with what is expected for the RE?

If not, care to explain why not?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2021, 02:40:30 AM »
I even gave you an example showing how it depends on distance and elevation and you dismissed it as wrong.

So again, do you now change your claim such that your ability to see a distant object on the RE is dependent upon the height of the object, the distance to the object, and the observer elevation?

Come back when you can stop twisting things to suit.

JackBlack

« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2021, 02:43:42 AM »

Come back when you can stop twisting things to suit.
I'm not the one twisting things.
Perhaps you should come back when you can answer simple questions.

Is this easy enough:
On a RE, does the ability to see a distant object like a lighthouse depend upon your distance to it and your elevation; or does Earth merely being round prevent you from seeing it regardless of distance and height?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2021, 03:40:26 AM »

Is this easy enough:
On a RE, does the ability to see a distant object like a lighthouse depend upon your distance to it and your elevation; or does Earth merely being round prevent you from seeing it regardless of distance and height?
I've never been on a global Earth to find that out.
I've told you how and why it works from a flat Earth (in terms of sea) outlook. It makes absolute sense and using a globe absolutely, does not.

I gave you the reasons why your globe would not show what you see and you disagree. Fair enough.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2021, 01:18:27 PM »
You are not a surveyor on the project and have not quoted any. So we can take your assumptions and toss them in the garbage.

LOL.

Tom, you keep being you. 

All of your posts are you cherry picking some quote and making an ignorant statement about it, then whining that other people pointing out your mistakes are not experts and should just shut up. 

This is literally every argument you have ever made.

You really have no self awareness at all, do you?  You don't see the irony in what you are doing here?  Amazing.

JackBlack

« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2021, 01:48:42 PM »

Is this easy enough:
I've told you how and why it works from a flat Earth (in terms of sea) outlook. It makes absolute sense and using a globe absolutely, does not.

I gave you the reasons why your globe would not show what you see and you disagree. Fair enough.
And there you go with more dodging.
You clearly think you know how a globe should work.
So answer the question based upon that understanding.
Do you think that on a RE that the mere fact the Earth is curved will render the lighthouse invisible (or otherwise not able to be seen at all), regardless of its height, the elevation of the observer and the distance between them; or do you think that on a RE the ability to see a distant object will depend upon its height, the distance to it and the elevation of the observer? (Or something else?)

This is an extremely simple question which you should be able to answer.
It is based upon how you think a RE should work, not necessarily how a RE works in reality.

This is a key part of your claim of a RE not making any sense.

So can you make your position clear.
Because until you do, all it will end up with you doing is continually accusing others of twisting things because YOU don't make your point clear and appear to switch back and forth between contradictory claims.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2021, 03:58:35 AM »

Is this easy enough:

Do you think that on a RE that the mere fact the Earth is curved will render the lighthouse invisible (or otherwise not able to be seen at all), regardless of its height, the elevation of the observer and the distance between them; or do you think that on a RE the ability to see a distant object will depend upon its height, the distance to it and the elevation of the observer? (Or something else?)

It is based upon how you think a RE should work, not necessarily how a RE works in reality.

Because until you do, all it will end up with you doing is continually accusing others of twisting things because YOU don't make your point clear and appear to switch back and forth between contradictory claims.
I'm more than content with what I've said.
I think the globe is becoming more and more ridiculous the more it is looked at.
There's no dodging from me. There's no need to.

Clear logic will show any rational thinking person who cares to take the time to see it, will know how nonsensical the globe model is.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2021, 04:01:09 AM »
It’s 2021, are you going to post your laser experiment?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JackBlack

« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2021, 12:27:39 PM »

Is this easy enough:

I'm more than content with what I've said.
I think the globe is becoming more and more ridiculous the more it is looked at.
There's no dodging from me. There's no need to.

Clear logic will show any rational thinking person who cares to take the time to see it, will know how nonsensical the globe model is.
Clear logic shows you are repeatedly dodging simple issues, switching back and forth between your claims to pretend the RE has a problem.

You are the one becoming more and more ridiculous, not the globe. The globe is still unscathed by your pathetic attacks, because you can't even remain consistent and you renders attack pure nonsense due to this lack of consistency.

Again, in reality, as supported by simple logic that you hate, your ability to see a distant object on the RE depends upon its height, the distance to it and your elevation.
This is entirely consistent with what the OP observed.
There is no problem with the RE here.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2021, 12:53:23 PM »

You mean mention of this laser experiment going way back:

Still waiting for the laser experiment you did.
Give me your email address and I'll send you all the info on it.

I've done all the experiments that prove you wrong.
Which experiments?  Why don't you post some pictures, details, and results, etc.  I'm sure cikljamas and saros would love to see your frozen lake/laser experiment.

Then there was this mega thread from back in 2014:

Sceptimatic's experiment - 100% proof the earth is flat
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61110.0

Looks like there never was an experiment.

And it looks like the issue is that we are dealing with genius:

I realised I was different in thought when I inherited my fathers genius for inventions. My father started his career as a scientist and inventor, often troubleshooting many things.
A local knitwear factory was having trouble making a certain garment and the brains on the machine that was to be used, could not solve one major issue. They used to say, we need Dong (my fathers name and mine).
That factory basically wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Dong.

I got my genius from my father and uncle. The family of Dongs was quite large and even to this day you will not go into any workplace or very few and not find at least one Dong in there.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2021, 11:22:17 PM »

Which experiments?  Why don't you post some pictures, details, and results, etc.  I'm sure cikljamas and saros would love to see your frozen lake/laser experiment.

I realised I was different in thought when I inherited my fathers genius for inventions. My father started his career as a scientist and inventor, often troubleshooting many things.
A local knitwear factory was having trouble making a certain garment and the brains on the machine that was to be used, could not solve one major issue. They used to say, we need Dong (my fathers name and mine).

I got my genius from my father and uncle. The family of Dongs was quite large and even to this day you will not go into any workplace or very few and not find at least one Dong in there.
Getting absolutely desperate now, aren't you.
To think you need to trawl back to bring up stuff because your own regurgitated parroting is failing and becoming more clear as time goes on, as to how nonsensical the stories are.
Even you must be aware of it.

JackBlack

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2021, 11:52:09 PM »
The only desperate one here is you.
You still seem to need to avoid simple questions.

And you are even projecting your own inadequacies, where your failing is becoming more clear as time goes on, especially with how nonsensical your objections to the RE are.

Now again, can you make your claim clear?
Do you think (i.e. based upon your understanding/belief of how it should work) the ability to see a lighthouse on a RE is dependent upon its height, your distance to it, and your elevation; or do you think that Earth being round is enough to make it so you cannot see it at all; or do you think something else?

This is a nice simple question, related to what should be a simple claim you continually twist so you can continue to pretend there is a problem for the RE, while objecting to any refutation as "twisting"

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2021, 12:06:29 AM »

I can see who the desperado's are. You included.

JackBlack

« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2021, 12:18:16 AM »
I can see who the desperado's are. You included.
You don't seem to be able to see anything at all, except your delusional fantasies.
Again, the fact you continually refuse to answer simple questions to pin down your claims show just desperate you are.

Again, decide just what you are claiming about the RE, making it abundantly clear, so you cannot then later claim twisting for accurately showing why your claim is wrong.
Do you think (i.e. based upon your understanding/belief of how it should work) the ability to see a lighthouse on a RE is dependent upon its height, your distance to it, and your elevation; or do you think that Earth being round is enough to make it so you cannot see it at all; or do you think something else?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2021, 12:25:57 AM »

You don't seem to be able to see anything at all, except your delusional fantasies.

Don't you worry yourself about it.

JackBlack

« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2021, 01:40:47 AM »
Don't you worry yourself about it.
I won't, but I will continue to call you out on it.

Again, it isn't hard, how do you think it should work on a RE?
Is it being round enough to make the lighthouse invisible, or does it depend upon distance, height and elevation?

Why do you need to keep on avoiding such a simple question?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2021, 02:57:49 AM »

I won't, but I will continue to call you out on it.

You feel free to do as you wish.
I told you how I'd deal with you.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2021, 10:51:34 AM »

To think you need to trawl back to bring up stuff because your own regurgitated parroting is failing and becoming more clear as time goes on, as to how nonsensical the stories are.

Desperation, that's funny and extremely ironic. I just found it interesting that there has been this super long-standing systemic issue with you claiming experiments and never producing the results. I mean going back at least 3/4 of a decade and still nothing. Seeing that helps to further frame why you won't back anything up. Which is totally your right. It's just weird that your claims are solely based upon your belief system and nothing else. No evidence, no experiments, no demonstrations, no examinations, just what's in your head and what you believe. And then on top of that, you claim experimentation, but that appears to be a straight-up lie. Fakery, if you will.

The self-proclaimed genius bit is all on you. You wrote it, not me. It too explains a lot about the your narcissism in that you and only you hold the keys to unlocking the mysteries of the cosmos. It's all starting to make sense now.

JackBlack

« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2021, 12:07:30 PM »
Yes, just like you deal with everyone who conclusively shows you are wrong and doesn't give up; by repeatedly insulting them and ignoring them or deflecting from any argument they present.
This shows how desperate you are, and how pathetic your position is.

You claim the RE is nonsense, but you refuse to even clarify your position, all so you can switch back and forth between 2 contradictory points to pretend the RE has a massive problem but then pretend you didn't actually say it when this "problem" is shown to be pure nonsense.

You have been acting like the mere fact Earth is round will make the lighthouse invisible.
You rejected my diagram showing how it depends on the height and distance.
But the only attempt at justification has been appealing to how Earth blocks the view, just like shown in my diagram that shows it depends on height and distance.
But that would then match the OP, and there is no problem for the RE.

So again, care to clarify your position? Or do you want it to remain as clear as mud so you can continue to dishonestly pretend there is a problem for the RE and dismiss any refutation as "twisting"?

Mikey T.

« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2021, 01:59:27 PM »

Bro...  lmao. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #350 on: March 11, 2021, 01:35:46 AM »

Desperation, that's funny and extremely ironic. I just found it interesting that there has been this super long-standing systemic issue with you claiming experiments and never producing the results. I mean going back at least 3/4 of a decade and still nothing. Seeing that helps to further frame why you won't back anything up. Which is totally your right. It's just weird that your claims are solely based upon your belief system and nothing else. No evidence, no experiments, no demonstrations, no examinations, just what's in your head and what you believe. And then on top of that, you claim experimentation, but that appears to be a straight-up lie. Fakery, if you will.

The self-proclaimed genius bit is all on you. You wrote it, not me. It too explains a lot about the your narcissism in that you and only you hold the keys to unlocking the mysteries of the cosmos. It's all starting to make sense now.
If it bothers you then follow the instructions and do the experiments for yourself.
The beauty about what I do is, I do them in simple ways. I take out the complications that are deliberately kept there.

People like you are happy to accept the stories and argue black and blue for them.
I have no issue with that but it does not test your thinking skills.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #351 on: March 11, 2021, 01:37:25 AM »
Yes, just like you deal with everyone who conclusively shows you are wrong and doesn't give up; by repeatedly insulting them and ignoring them or deflecting from any argument they present.

Don't bother trying that old, insulting stuff on me.
I'm in the middle of a playground attack of it with you lot so forgive me if I kick a little bit of dirt right back at you lot.

JackBlack

« Reply #352 on: March 11, 2021, 01:55:04 AM »

Don't bother trying that old, insulting stuff on me.
I'm in the middle of a playground attack of it with you lot so forgive me if I kick a little bit of dirt right back at you lot.
No, you aren't in the middle of a playground attack, you continually trying to start one to avoid admitting your claims are pure BS.
Stop playing the victim.
You are the one who starts all these "fights".

So how about you grow up and act like an adult for once and start dealing with issues rather than continually deflecting.

Again, are you claiming that Earth being round will render the light house invisible regardless of height and distance; or are you claiming that it would merely be Earth blocking the view which means that it will depend on height and distance; or are you claiming something completely different?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2021, 04:38:16 AM »

If it bothers you then follow the instructions and do the experiments for yourself.
The beauty about what I do is, I do them in simple ways. I take out the complications that are deliberately kept there.

People like you are happy to accept the stories and argue black and blue for them.
I have no issue with that but it does not test your thinking skills.

Great. Then show us the results of your beautiful, simple, and uncomplicated experiments. That would immediately clear up a lot here. What's stopping you from doing that?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2021, 04:53:37 AM »

No, you aren't in the middle of a playground attack, you continually trying to start one to avoid admitting your claims are pure BS.
Stop playing the victim.
You are the one who starts all these "fights".

Seriously?
You people go into attack mode when my answers do not suit you.
I have no need to play any victime. It's you lot that requires pity because you lot go into posse mode and play tag team and still end up crying and whining, against little me.

I'm just telling you how it is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #355 on: March 11, 2021, 05:00:10 AM »
Great. Then show us the results of your beautiful, simple, and uncomplicated experiments. That would immediately clear up a lot here. What's stopping you from doing that?
You know what?
Do you realise that you and anyone else can perform them. Nothing I give out is complicated to set up or costs much, if at all.
You see, this is the beauty about what I do. I do not need to prove anything. I can show people simplicity. Simple little things that give massive food for thought in terms of what Earth is...etc.

You people are in massive denial of anything outside of the comfort zone of indoctrinated, almost unconditional acceptance of any and almost all, official lines.

I offer up experiments for people to do. Most do not attempt and those that do are so dishonest it makes me sit back and smirk in bemusement.

The reason you people are here is to ensure nobody thinks outside the box;. That's what I believe.
I'm not saying you're paid to do it or anything...I just don't understand why people like you would constantly argue against people you think are nuts. It beggars belief.

So here's the deal. You go and do the experiments I set out and let's see you shout the odds about them.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
You know what?
Do you realise that you and anyone else can perform them. Nothing I give out is complicated to set up or costs much, if at all.
You see, this is the beauty about what I do. I do not need to prove anything. I can show people simplicity. Simple little things that give massive food for thought in terms of what Earth is...etc.

You people are in massive denial of anything outside of the comfort zone of indoctrinated, almost unconditional acceptance of any and almost all, official lines.

I offer up experiments for people to do. Most do not attempt and those that do are so dishonest it makes me sit back and smirk in bemusement.

The reason you people are here is to ensure nobody thinks outside the box;. That's what I believe.
I'm not saying you're paid to do it or anything...I just don't understand why people like you would constantly argue against people you think are nuts. It beggars belief.

So here's the deal. You go and do the experiments I set out and let's see you shout the odds about them.

So that's a "No", you will never show the results of any of your experiments?

JackBlack

« Reply #357 on: March 11, 2021, 12:44:58 PM »
Seriously?
Yes, seriously. You go into insult mode when you cannot justify your blatantly false claims.
Once they are refuted you use whatever dishonest BS you can to avoid reality, including repeatedly insulting anyone who dares to show you are wrong.
Like I said, stop playing the victim and address the issues raised.

You wont even do a simple honest thing of clarifying what your position is.
And it is quite clear why.
If you say your claim is only that the ability to see a distant object is dependent upon height, elevation and distance, then you agree with the RE model and there is no problem at all with the OPs observations or reality, so admitting that is admitting defeat.
If instead you do as you acted like before and claim Earth merely being round is enough to obscure the lighthouse regardless of distance, height and elevation, then you can't complain that people are twisting your claims, and have no way to justify such insanity. So that is also effectively admitting defeat.
The only way you can pretend to not be defeated is if you keep going with your claims being as clear as mud, so you can use the curvature to try to justify why things should be hidden, but pretend it means that it should be hidden regardless of distance to pretend there is a problem for the RE, and when you are refuted you just claim people are twisting your claims.

You should really grow up some time.

Now again, care to stop trying to start fights and instead make your position clear?

Do you want to claim that the RE, merely because it is round, will result in objects being invisible regardless of height and distance; or do you want to claim that it will depend on height and distance, such that if you are far enough away and low enough down it will be obscured; or do you want to claim something else?

And when the results show you are wrong, you just dismiss it as fake.

And make assumptions about what the results will show, with those assumptions not matching reality.

And as repeatedly shown, what you believe is typically garbage.
I am here because I care about the truth, and will object when I see people like you spout pure garbage and continually refuse to justify it.
All it takes for stupidity to triumph is for intelligent people to say nothing.

So while you continue to spout your garbage, I will continue to object.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #358 on: March 11, 2021, 11:54:51 PM »

The experiments are there for people like you to do but you refuse or deliberately skew them and refuse to follow adjusted failsafes I have to put in..

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2021, 12:15:50 AM »

The experiments are there for people like you to do but you refuse or deliberately skew them and refuse to follow adjusted failsafes I have to put in..

So I take it that's a definite "No" that you will never show the results of any of your experiments?