Lighthouse dipping lights

• 627 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Lighthouse dipping lights
« Reply #360 on: March 12, 2021, 01:28:20 AM »
Seriously?
Yes, seriously. You go into insult mode when you cannot justify your blatantly false claims.
Once they are refuted you use whatever dishonest BS you can to avoid reality, including repeatedly insulting anyone who dares to show you are wrong.

Nsahhh, I don't insult people. I may fire a few things back at digs I receive but I believe I'm entitled to that.
You see, I do ridicule the global Earth and all the nonsense to go with it and if you take that personal then you need to have a quite word with yourself.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #361 on: March 12, 2021, 01:32:16 AM »

So I take it that's a definite "No" that you will never show the results of any of your experiments?
I don't need to.
Anyone can do the experiments. Can't you get this into your head?

Anyone can do my experiments. They do not need big laboratory set ups or expense.

The only major thing anyone would need if they want to do evacuation experiments is to buy a cheap bell jar and pump.
All the rest is minimal outlay to basically, nothing other than household goods that are readily available.

Obviously this isn't for people like yourself. This is for people that actually want to do real experiments to try and question the global nonsense. You are fixated on the globe so none of it applies to you.

Stash

« Reply #362 on: March 12, 2021, 08:07:36 AM »

So I take it that's a definite "No" that you will never show the results of any of your experiments?
I don't need to.

Anyone can do my experiments. They do not need big laboratory set ups or expense.

The only major thing anyone would need if they want to do evacuation experiments is to buy a cheap bell jar and pump.
All the rest is minimal outlay to basically, nothing other than household goods that are readily available.

Obviously this isn't for people like yourself. This is for people that actually want to do real experiments to try and question the global nonsense. You are fixated on the globe so none of it applies to you.

You actually do need to do them. Because whenever anyone else does them, you just say they are faked.

You started out with this:

You simply level the tube horizontally towards the sea and sky.
Make sure you have a crosshair exactly over the front of the tube and ensure it is horizontally and vertically levelled and plumb.
The plumb part is not essential but the horizontally level line must be accurate.

Your horizon will always be on that line if it is not tampered with, because your eye simply ensures that convergence.

People do the experiment, it doesn't offer the result you want, so you just say it was faked. Any result that is not what you claim, no matter how precise, you will just say it's fake. That's just the way you roll.

But if you did the experiment and showed your results, that would answer everything. I doubt you would claim that your experiment was faked.

In all these years, have you ever posted a result from one of your experiments that backs up one of your claims? Ever? If so, which one and where?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #363 on: March 12, 2021, 08:11:01 AM »

I don't need to.

That's not true.

If anyone could do them, you would have.

So clearly you being unable to perform your own experiment show your statement to be false.

For whatever reason, it's too hard for you.

« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2021, 03:35:52 PM »
So that's a "No", you will never show the results of any of your experiments?
The experiments are there for people like you to do but you refuse or deliberately skew them and refuse to follow adjusted failsafes I have to put in..
Or to express that more honestly, we do them and show they don't produce the results you claim, so you dismiss them as fake.
You will never do them yourself and post the results, because you can hardly accuse yourself of deliberately skewing the results to show you are wrong and dismiss your own evidence as fake.

Nsahhh, I don't insult people.
You do, repeatedly, like all the times you call people indoctrinated or brainwashed or the like.

Now again, can you make your position clear?
Or do you need to dishonestly keep it as clear as mud so you can pretend there is a problem when there is none?

Are you saying Earth being round is enough to make the lighthouse invisible regardless of distance, or are you saying it depends on height and distance?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #365 on: March 13, 2021, 03:56:49 AM »

I don't need to.

You actually do need to do them. Because whenever anyone else does them, you just say they are faked.

You started out with this:

You simply level the tube horizontally towards the sea and sky.
Make sure you have a crosshair exactly over the front of the tube and ensure it is horizontally and vertically levelled and plumb.
The plumb part is not essential but the horizontally level line must be accurate.

Your horizon will always be on that line if it is not tampered with, because your eye simply ensures that convergence.

People do the experiment, it doesn't offer the result you want, so you just say it was faked. Any result that is not what you claim, no matter how precise, you will just say it's fake. That's just the way you roll.

But if you did the experiment and showed your results, that would answer everything. I doubt you would claim that your experiment was faked.

In all these years, have you ever posted a result from one of your experiments that backs up one of your claims? Ever? If so, which one and where?
You seem to get mixed up.
You can do a million experiments and show me and I won't believe a word you say. You've proved what you are.
I'm talking about genuine people.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #366 on: March 13, 2021, 03:58:40 AM »

I don't need to.

That's not true.

So clearly you being unable to perform your own experiment show your statement to be false.

They're not too hard for you but you refuse to do legitimate experiments.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #367 on: March 13, 2021, 03:59:24 AM »

Or to express that more honestly, we do them and show they don't produce the results you claim, so you dismiss them as fake.

Actually, you don't.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #368 on: March 13, 2021, 04:57:37 AM »

I don't need to.

That's not true.

They're not too hard for you but you refuse to do legitimate experiments.

Until you do them yourself and actually show what your think is wrong, you've got zero credibility here.

The fact you refuse to perform and publish your own results shows that you know they won't back you up, which is why you constantly avoid doing them.  I mean, how hard is it to look through a tube?   ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #369 on: March 13, 2021, 05:07:14 AM »
Until you do them yourself and actually show what your think is wrong, you've got zero credibility here.

Luckily I do not require anything from people like you so my credibility is firmly intact with those who understand what I'm about.
You carry on trying whatever way you see fit to have a pop and I'll just smile.

Quote from: JJA

The fact you refuse to perform and publish your own results shows that you know they won't back you up, which is why you constantly avoid doing them.  I mean, how hard is it to look through a tube?   ::)
You're free to think what you want and I'm absolutely ok with it.

If you can't understand or perform legitimate experiments then that's on you, not me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #370 on: March 13, 2021, 05:16:10 AM »

Luckily I do not require anything from people like you so my credibility is firmly intact with those who understand what I'm about.
You carry on trying whatever way you see fit to have a pop and I'll just smile.

The smile of the blissfully ignorant. 

If you don't require anything from us, why do you constantly keep demanding explanations and trying so hard to claim everything we do is lies and trickery?

When you could just do the experiment yourself and show is.

You have spent MONTHS arguing about this when you could just show your work.

Quote from: JJA

You're free to think what you want and I'm absolutely ok with it.

If you can't understand or perform legitimate experiments then that's on you, not me.

If you can't understand or perform experiments then that's on you, not me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2021, 06:21:29 AM »

If you don't require anything from us, why do you constantly keep demanding explanations and trying so hard to claim everything we do is lies and trickery?

Try this....
Back out and never bother with me and see if I require anything from you.
Or stop whining like a nasty little boy.

« Reply #372 on: March 13, 2021, 07:20:34 AM »

Ummm, so who is it that your credibility is firmly intact with? No one here seems to be supporting what you say, in case you had not noticed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 07:26:17 AM by Platonius21 »

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2021, 07:28:28 AM »
Toronto is flooding.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2021, 07:53:48 AM »

Try this....

Is this what you have been reduced too?

If you can't handle your ideas being challenged, maybe the solution isn't telling everyone to 'back out' but stop making crazy assertions in the first place.  Or at the very least, back them up with some facts or evidence.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2021, 09:32:55 AM »

Ummm, so who is it that your credibility is firmly intact with? No one here seems to be supporting what you say, in case you had not noticed.
You are a few people on a forum going against me. Are you serious?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #376 on: March 13, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »

Try this....

If you can't handle your ideas being challenged, maybe the solution isn't telling everyone to 'back out' but stop making crazy assertions in the first place.  Or at the very least, back them up with some facts or evidence.
I'm fine and happy with my lot.
You decide what you want.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2021, 12:22:24 PM »

Try this....

I'm fine and happy with my lot.
You decide what you want.

So you don't know what the edge of a ball is, so to you it just doesn't exists?  That's what you're happy with?

What happens in your head when you look at the edge of a ball like in my photo below?  Do you say...

"It doesn't look like anything to me."

« Reply #378 on: March 13, 2021, 02:03:26 PM »

You are a few people on a forum going against me. Are you serious?

The point is, there is no one supporting your position.  Why do you imagine that is?  It seems like a lonely place to be.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #379 on: March 13, 2021, 04:11:56 PM »

So you don't know what the edge of a ball is, so to you it just doesn't exists?  That's what you're happy with?

What happens in your head when you look at the edge of a ball like in my photo below?  Do you say...

There is no edge to a ball. How many times do you need to get this?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2021, 04:16:49 PM »

The point is, there is no one supporting your position.  Why do you imagine that is?  It seems like a lonely place to be.
First of all I don't need anyone to support my position.
Secondly, I'm up against global minded people, so I'm under no illusions about no support.

I leave it up to each individual to make their own assumptions/judgements and I do not require them to back me up.
I think most people are well rehearsed in the art of being attacked if they ever go against any global model and trimmings.

I have my thoughts and people can silently nod in agreement or they can silently disagree. And then there's the typing posse who like to spend much of their time trying psychological warfare.

It's the nature of the beast and I'm ok with all of it.

« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »
You can do a million experiments and show me and I won't believe a word you say.
And that is the problem. If an experiment shows you are wrong, you reject it as fake.

Actually, you don't.
Actually, WE do.
You are the one who doesn't seem to want to do any experiments, at least not with posting the results.
And again, we all know why. You can't dismiss results you post as fake.

And you know the experiments so easily show you are wrong.

It isn't an issue of us needing to "get it".
It is a case of you continually spouting obvious BS.
The simple fact that you can look at a ball and see a region that is the ball and a region that is not the ball, without anything getting in the way, shows beyond any doubt, that it DOES have an edge.

But you need to keep on lying and pretending it doesn't, or your risk your entire house of cards to come crashing down.

That's the problem when you build a model based upon lies rather than evidence.
It is also why you need to keep on dodging simple questions and continually refuse to make your position clear.

Now again, are you saying the ability to see a lighthouse on a RE is dependent upon your distance to it, its height and your elevation, in 100% accordance with what is observed in reality, and thus there is no problem for the RE in this regards; or are you claiming that the RE, simply because it is round, will make it impossible to see the lighthouse, regardless of distance, height and elevation; or something else?

Quit deflecting and make your position clear.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »

If an experiment shows you are wrong, you reject it as fake.

I think that applies to you people.

« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »
How could it, when you refuse to provide any experimental results?

Now going to grow up and clarify your position?
Are you saying the ability to see a lighthouse on a RE is dependent upon your distance to it, its height and your elevation, in 100% accordance with what is observed in reality, and thus there is no problem for the RE in this regards; or are you claiming that the RE, simply because it is round, will make it impossible to see the lighthouse, regardless of distance, height and elevation; or something else?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »

« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
How could it, when you refuse to provide any experimental results?

Now going to grow up and clarify your position?
Are you saying the ability to see a lighthouse on a RE is dependent upon your distance to it, its height and your elevation, in 100% accordance with what is observed in reality, and thus there is no problem for the RE in this regards; or are you claiming that the RE, simply because it is round, will make it impossible to see the lighthouse, regardless of distance, height and elevation; or something else?

How could what?
Grow up, stop playing dumb and make your position clear. If you can't, this is not the place for you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2021, 06:58:06 AM »

Grow up, stop playing dumb and make your position clear. If you can't, this is not the place for you.

You don't get to decide what place is for me.
You have the ability to ignore me and cast me aside as a childish nutter, or whatever.
If you want to continue spending the majority of your time being nasty and having digs, then do so.
If you want to engage in questions and answers then learn to accept answers, even if they mean nothing to you...rather than spending all your time telling me I do not answer.

Your choice.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #387 on: March 14, 2021, 07:46:46 AM »

How many times will you dodge the question?

What do you call the separation between the globe and the background in that picture?  What is that?  Do you have a word for it? If it's not an edge... it is a... what?

Stash

« Reply #388 on: March 14, 2021, 07:50:48 AM »

First of all I don't need anyone to support my position.
Secondly, I'm up against global minded people, so I'm under no illusions about no support.

I leave it up to each individual to make their own assumptions/judgements and I do not require them to back me up.
I think most people are well rehearsed in the art of being attacked if they ever go against any global model and trimmings.

I have my thoughts and people can silently nod in agreement or they can silently disagree. And then there's the typing posse who like to spend much of their time trying psychological warfare.

It's the nature of the beast and I'm ok with all of it.

It's not just the angry globalists that don't support your position, even other FE/Alternative Earth Shape folks seem to scoff at your musings. Going all the way back to your short time spent at the cluesforum back in 2013 this was a response to your Denpressure from a member who I think was a concave earth believer:

"No offense intended to sceppy or others who truly believe the world we inhabit is a giant artificial construction, with precision functions like an enormous clock, but I don't think it meets the requirements of the forum to just spout off such wild assumptions and then pretend that the logic is hard to follow and that's why no reason or scientific examination can be given.

It makes it look like you just had an idea that you are trying to force the world to fit into. If you really stumbled on something true, you shouldn't have to be cheeky about it; you should be able to just carefully lay out, with as few wacky metaphors as possible, the principles by which your mechanistic/measurable results work. You should be able to point to the concepts and some repeated/repeatable tests and explain how you arrived at your thinking.
"
https://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1641&hilit=denpressure&start=15

It's kinda funny that the same sentiment is still rattling around 8 years later. Seemingly, nothing has changed in all that time. And I can't find support for your musings from anyone regardless of whether they are non-indoctrinated alternative thinkers or not. Not saying you're wrong because no one supports your position, but just that you seem to be the only one who understands your position and finds it viable. At a minimum, you obviously have a hard time communicating your ideas.

« Reply #389 on: March 14, 2021, 02:32:26 PM »
You don't get to decide what place is for me.
I can judge if this place is for you or not. What I can't do is force you out.
You clearly have no interest in debating your claims, and instead want to keep your position as clear as mud so you can continue to dishonestly pretend there is a problem with the RE, when you know that making your position clear will show it is either an outright lie, with no justification at all, or that the RE is in accordance with what is observed in reality.
As you have no interest in honest debate, a debate forum is clearly not the place for you.

If you want to continue spending the majority of your time being nasty and having digs, then do so.
If you want to engage in questions and answers then learn to accept answers, even if they mean nothing to you...rather than spending all your time telling me I do not answer.

Your choice.
There you go projecting again.
You are the one who spends their time being nasty and insulting others, not me.

I have repeatedly tried to get you to actually focus on the topic and deal with what you have claimed.

As for accepting your answers, perhaps when you start actually answering the questions asked of you, rather than repeatedly deflecting from them, such as by this tactic of throwing out pathetic insults, or answering a DIFFERENT question, or provide a non-answer with a few words which do not address the issue, then I will stop stating the fact that you haven't answered them and instead accept that you have answered them.

Now again, are you going to make your position clear so you can actually attempt to debate?
Or will you continue with the childish insults and deflection?

Once more, are you claiming what the RE actually indicates, that your ability to see a distant object will depend upon its height, your elevation and the distance between you and the object, such that an observation of a distant lighthouse would match that stated by the OP?
Or are you claiming what the RE in no way indicates, where the mere fact that Earth is round will magically result in the lighthouse being invisible?
Or are you claiming something else?

Once you have stated just what you are claiming, you can deal with the logical consequences of that.
Until you do, the debate can't really progress at all.