The coronavirus is inevitable like all viral diseases

• 29 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
The coronavirus is inevitable like all viral diseases
« on: January 30, 2021, 09:16:40 AM »
Welp, I finally contracted the coronavirus along with one employee. Shut down again, excluding the couple of people that got the virus last year.

First I will say it's terrible so far, attacks areas I don't ever remember being attacked before. The worse is the body feeling like you have been hit by a bus, and the migraines.. though there are plenty of other fun byproducts.

The female employee, she has had about the same symptoms but to a much lesser degree. Interesting enough is we both started exhibiting symptoms at almost the exact same time, and it presented no different than seasonal allergies until about 6 hours later when it came with a flu times two hammer. I went to 105, she was more lucky and her max was 102.

The annoying part, I am a germaphobe, have been my whole life and the pandemic just set that into high gear. I swear my wife wants to punch me at times and I get that. Yet the employee, she never gave a shit about it and was very careless (believes to give your body what it needs as to the best of your ability for survival and don't worry about anything)...

Here we are, two completely different outlooks on viral safety, yet it got us both. So that leads me to believe believe she is right, when it comes to viral at least, you are fighting an uphill battle not to aquire it. So just do what you can to build your immune system for when you do catch something, your body has the tools to fight it.

This also leads me to believe lockdowns have no effect on containing the virus (which I already knew it was a financial stunt to drain the middle class even more), maybe it can delay it a bit to help hospitals keep up, even that though I think is questionable.

I do however still believe in masks and social distancing, I don't like people's germs, nor people in general that much. My feelings would not be hurt if this held a new constant
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
Re: The coronavirus is inevitable like all viral diseases
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »
I hope you and your employee both recover well.

The super rich continue to get richer. Lower to middle class continue to get poorer.

As always.

I no longer believe the middle class can get out of this spiral as long as they play by the rules.... the recent stock market has all but proved that. After all, the rich don't play by their own rules either.

Time to diversify money, get into crypto currency. Had I gotten in that two years ago, I could have had enough money to buy a house. I allowed people to talk me out of it.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:27:39 AM by Denspressure »
):

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 09:27:27 AM »
My wife's friend just caught it. She was attending her grandma's funeral and apparently everyone got it there.

Yeah I've got to wonder how effective different methods of controlling this are. California is locked up tight. Utah is pretty loose and we're both hit kind of hard. There's measures that work but there's also theater.

Hope it works out okay for you.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 09:28:33 AM »
That sucks! Hopefully you won't have the super bad version.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 09:35:34 AM »
Welp, I finally contracted the coronavirus along with one employee. Shut down again, excluding the couple of people that got the virus last year.

First I will say it's terrible so far, attacks areas I don't ever remember being attacked before. The worse is the body feeling like you have been hit by a bus, and the migraines.. though there are plenty of other fun byproducts.

The female employee, she has had about the same symptoms but to a much lesser degree. Interesting enough is we both started exhibiting symptoms at almost the exact same time, and it presented no different than seasonal allergies until about 6 hours later when it came with a flu times two hammer. I went to 105, she was more lucky and her max was 102.

The annoying part, I am a germaphobe, have been my whole life and the pandemic just set that into high gear. I swear my wife wants to punch me at times and I get that. Yet the employee, she never gave a shit about it and was very careless (believes to give your body what it needs as to the best of your ability for survival and don't worry about anything)...

Here we are, two completely different outlooks on viral safety, yet it got us both. So that leads me to believe believe she is right, when it comes to viral at least, you are fighting an uphill battle not to aquire it. So just do what you can to build your immune system for when you do catch something, your body has the tools to fight it.

This also leads me to believe lockdowns have no effect on containing the virus (which I already knew it was a financial stunt to drain the middle class even more), maybe it can delay it a bit to help hospitals keep up, even that though I think is questionable.

I do however still believe in masks and social distancing, I don't like people's germs, nor people in general that much. My feelings would not be hurt if this held a new constant

Damn man, get better soon. The thing is, if everyone had your attitude, covid would barely register in America. It's just when people get sloppy or dont give a shit that everything falls apart and even germaphobes like you will get overwhelmed eventually. It's all about slowing the spread. Nothing is going to stop it entirely

Anyway, I dont know if it actually works but there is chatter that having a high level of Vitamin D3 and K2 can help your immune system avoid getting the worst of the cytokyne storm which is apparently what does most of the damage with covid.

Lockdowns and masks do slow the transmission. There hasn't been any community transmission of covid in my state because at the start we were strict. That strictness has paid its dividends by businesses today pretty much operating as normal. 2020 for me has not been much different at all. But if Australia didn't take this seriously, guaranteed given my line of works I'd probably have caught it. Another state locked down for just short of 4 months and practically eliminated covid after the numbers of infections went balls up and people were dropping dead. Now they enjoy a bit of normalcy like the other states

Anyway, hope you're through the worst of it. Sucks you got it at all and I hope you don't have it linger for months.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 09:53:08 AM »
I hope you feel better soon and don't die.

And yeah, sucks that you went all out and it still got ya.  Probably from someone asymptomatic.  Or a handle.  Or just random spit in the air.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 11:01:01 AM »

How you get better soon, it's no fun when it hits hard like that.  Social distancing and masks aren't promised to be 100% effective, they are simply the best methods we have to reduce it before everyone gets the vaccine. Without them we could have 10x the number of cases, and all at once which would have been an even bigger disaster.

Keep us posted on your recovery and stay safe.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 02:23:05 PM »

Are you using Hydroxyquinine?   I hear that's the miracle cure.

PS:  In spite of the snarky comment,  I'm actually sorry to hear you got it.  Hope you get well soon.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 09:26:57 PM »
Hope you get better soon. Diseases like this are pretty hard to avoid but measures definitely help, its shown by numbers going down a couple of weeks after lockdowns etc. start and going up a couple of weeks after they end, but of course they're not sustainable, just need to get those vaccines out to everyone.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 12:46:34 AM »
Welp, . . . . .
fuck.

[PM to follow]

:(

Bom Tishop

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 05:40:25 PM »
Thank you to people not hoping I kick the bucket, that actually surprised me and I appreciate it.

There hasn't been any community transmission of covid in my state because at the start we were strict.

There is no way that can be true, covid must have simply not gotten there.

Are you using Hydroxyquinine?   I hear that's the miracle cure.

PS:  In spite of the snarky comment,  I'm actually sorry to hear you got it.  Hope you get well soon.

It's ok Rayzor, I know you are bored without Trump to yell about, he is gone from social media and now that he doesn't send you emails anymore (we both know you liked being the super duper Trump supporter of the month handpicked by Donald J Trump himself!)... So I expect some snark with your posts, perfectly ok.

But thank you for a nice word, I am not taking that drug, just all the natural vitamins etc that is recommended

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 06:54:02 PM »
In total we have had 118 cases. This has been from returning travellers and the bulk from when the government screwed up at the start of last year when another state thought it would be fine for a cruise ship of sick people to dock and the people to walk off and disappear. The only transmission however has been to people they lived with. A good test, track, trace and isolate system as well as quarantine for questionable arrivals helps

If this virus has lurked in the ACT undetected, no one's been getting sick enough to get tested. As no one is made to wear a mask and almost all businesses are operating as normal it would be odd it doesn't spread like wildfire

How are you feeling today? Over the worst I hope and on the mend

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 04:15:47 AM »
Yeah well,  Perth had ONE case and immediately went into snap lockdown 2million people confined to home for 5 days.

One guy in Perth got arrested for failing to wear a face mask,  and was remanded in jail for trial later this month.

Most eastern states now have travel bans on people arriving from Perth.... 

ONE case..   let that sink in for a minute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/world/australia/perth-lockdown.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2021, 05:50:53 AM »
Yeah well,  Perth had ONE case and immediately went into snap lockdown 2million people confined to home for 5 days.

One guy in Perth got arrested for failing to wear a face mask,  and was remanded in jail for trial later this month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/world/australia/perth-lockdown.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

While on the surface it seems overkill, the economic damage of not doing anything about it or taking a half arsed approach in the long term is far greater. The risk of this case being that much more contagious (and a tad more fatal apparently) is the mutant UK strain. Sadly he traversed a lot of public places before he even knew he was sick. Hence why if even healthy people were wearing a mask and hand sanitising every public place they enter, the transmission risk would be far lower.

People like Bom who were doing the right thing can not hope to avoid it indefinitely when so many people aren't doing the right thing.

The more people get infected, the more mutations this virus is going to make going forward and it may get to a point where the current vaccine is ineffective against it and 2021 will be just as shit as 2020 all because countries couldn't make the hard and unpopular decision to lock down. Like really lock down. The state of Victoria practically eliminated it. Same with the country of New Zealand. Catching this virus never had to be inevitable

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2021, 10:06:20 AM »

Three points here:

1. Lockdowns work. There is scientific evidence. Reality has proven it over and over. You got it even tho you were paying attention - that sucks, but happens. As you know, the viral r value is nothing but a static. Wearing mask will lower your risk of getting infected, but not down to 0%. When wearing a mask, are social distancing etc. there is still a (much smaller) chance of you getting infected. I don't know you personally, but many people that claim are 'paying very much attention' don't realize how many entrance ways there are; e.g. through the eyes, touching the mask/face/surfaces and then their eyes repetedly, thinking a surgical mask is 100% safe and then neglecting social distancing, etc. pp. Tho I'll say most cases of 'I dont know where I got it' are with people that are 'seing nobody (except their closest friends and family)'...

2. No wonder you got a rather rough infection. You already have seasonal allergies, thus your immune system is proven to be retarded and not able to differentiate between good and bad.

3. I wish you a fast recovery and don't take 2) too serious  ;)
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 10:07:09 AM »
Anyway, do you got an oxygen saturation measurement device?

Member of the BOTD

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 03:52:24 AM »
You said that vitamin c cures covid.

Time to try your insane suggestion.

Let us know about the results.
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 05:04:59 AM »

Honestly, most 100% orange juices are rich in vitamin C and fortified with vitamin D. Vitamin C is an antioxidant linked to immune health; vitamin D deficiency has been clearly and consistently linked to more severe COVID outcomes.

So yeah, drink up on the OJ! Just don't think it's gonna cure anything. It'll help though.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 05:15:06 AM »
[
So yeah, drink up on the OJ! Just don't think it's gonna cure anything. It'll help though.
Full of sugar, so maybe not the best idea.   :-*
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Lorddave

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 05:28:40 AM »

I believe that was Tom Bishop.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 06:27:21 AM »
Nyquil, Dayquil, zinc, and vitamin C.  Those don't cure COVID, but they helped me a ton with my symptoms.  Also, take Ibuprofen and Naproxen for the body aches and fever, alternate between the 2 of them, i.e. take an Ibuprofen dose then when it's time to take another dose take Naproxen.

COVID sucks, but fortunately isn't a death sentence for the majority of people under 70.  Treat the symptoms and in a week or 2 you'll be on the road to recovery.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 07:47:36 AM »
Nyquil, Dayquil, zinc, and vitamin C.  Those don't cure COVID, but they helped me a ton with my symptoms.  Also, take Ibuprofen and Naproxen for the body aches and fever, alternate between the 2 of them, i.e. take an Ibuprofen dose then when it's time to take another dose take Naproxen.

COVID sucks, but fortunately isn't a death sentence for the majority of people under 70.  Treat the symptoms and in a week or 2 you'll be on the road to recovery.

Unless you end up with permanent lung scaring, heart damage, nerve damage and now it looks like diabetes is a possible side effect.

Any of these could severely reduce the quality and amount of life.

Best to avoid getting it in the first place.  Wear masks, social distance and get your vaccine when you can.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 08:04:30 AM »

Honestly, most 100% orange juices are rich in vitamin C and fortified with vitamin D. Vitamin C is an antioxidant linked to immune health; vitamin D deficiency has been clearly and consistently linked to more severe COVID outcomes.

I think any deficiency could lead to morre severe outcomes.

Member of the BOTD

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 08:29:13 AM »

Unless you end up with permanent lung scaring, heart damage, nerve damage and now it looks like diabetes is a possible side effect.

Any of these could severely reduce the quality and amount of life.

Best to avoid getting it in the first place.  Wear masks, social distance and get your vaccine when you can.
No shit, and here I thought COVID made your life better.  This isn't a topic about ways to avoid it, as Bom has contracted COVID despite doing those things you suggested, much like I contracted it despite religiously wearing my mask, socially distancing, washing/sanitizing my hands etc.

I was just giving suggestions as to how to not feel like complete garbage when you have it and trying to give some positive hope to Bom about the outcomes.  Having a positive outlook while sick can help.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2021, 09:05:03 AM »
many people that claim are 'paying very much attention' don't realize how many entrance ways there are; e.g. through the eyes, touching the mask/face/surfaces and then their eyes repetedly, thinking a surgical mask is 100% safe and then neglecting social distancing, etc. pp. Tho I'll say most cases of 'I dont know where I got it' are with people that are 'seing nobody (except their closest friends and family)'...

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »
many people that claim are 'paying very much attention' don't realize how many entrance ways there are; e.g. through the eyes, touching the mask/face/surfaces and then their eyes repetedly, thinking a surgical mask is 100% safe and then neglecting social distancing, etc. pp. Tho I'll say most cases of 'I dont know where I got it' are with people that are 'seing nobody (except their closest friends and family)'...

I am trying to be very careful, but I agree with all this. I know when I go in a store I adjust my mask all the fucking time, and then I'll think about not touching it and I do it anyway. I do make sure I don't touch my eyes, which is easier than not rearranging my mask. Also, I social distance as best I can, but my brother, his gf, and her germy kids don't and they live next door. I get their mail for them, I see them almost every day. The gf thinks they can't just stop living their lives, and talks shit about vaccines. I don't even know what to do about it sometimes.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 05:19:28 PM »

That's incredible! Pretty cool

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 06:45:57 PM »

I think any deficiency could lead to morre severe outcomes.

It's like saying not drinking enough water makes COVID worse, so water cures COVID.  Brilliant!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 07:08:13 PM »
Feed a cold and starve a fever.  But when in doubt, get the bottle out.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Gumby

• I don't exist.
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 11:24:21 AM »

I believe that was Tom Bishop.

My bad....
How dumb can you be?
I think MH370 was hijacked and the persons who did the hijacking were indeed out to prove a flat earth.