RIP Larry King

• 17 Replies

Shifter

RIP Larry King
« on: January 23, 2021, 07:37:06 AM »
Covid claims another victim >:(

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrity-deaths/larry-king-has-died-aged-87/news-story/af26cb11b0d3332237825e5a7d24b786
Larry King, the legendary American television and radio host, has died at the age of 87.

He passed away on Saturday morning (local time) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, after receiving treatment for coronavirus, The Sun reports.

The tragic news was announced on Larry’s official Twitter page.

King was hospitalised shortly before Christmas after testing positive for coronavirus.

His iconic career spanned more than six decades - but the host suffered with Type 2 diabetes and from lung cancer, angina and heart attacks in recent years.

A statement from his representatives said: “With profound sadness Ora Media announces the death of our co-founder, host and friend Larry King, who passed away this morning at age 87 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
Re: RIP Larry King
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »
Yes, the 87-year-old with heart disease and type 2 diabetes died of... wait for it... COVID-19!  ::)
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Shifter

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 09:08:28 AM »
Yes, the 87-year-old with heart disease and type 2 diabetes died of... wait for it... COVID-19!  ::)

He tested positive for the disease. He'd probably still be alive if he didn't contract it. I dont think because he was elderly and not in the best health that that should minimize the tragedy of premature death

Of course, he is now just a statistic. 400K+ Americans have already met the same fate

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 10:02:08 AM »
I think a gust of wind could've taken out someone in his poor condition, honestly.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »
I think a gust of wind could've taken out someone in his poor condition, honestly.

He could have died if he simply fell down.  Does that mean if I pushed him and he died from his injuries I could use 'he was old and would have died eventually anyway' as a defense?

Saying COVID killed him isn't exaggerating, COVID can hit healthy people hard enough to kill them, let alone the elderly.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 12:21:39 PM »
He really was something else. CNN never deserved his presence. Unparalleled.

He had a really hard life. Very bad genes. I think he had 5 heart attacks. Imagine. Also recovered from two types of cancer and was diabetic.

Really interviewed everybody, from all walks of life, nations, professions, political opinions. Covered some very tragic stories. Also shared happy moments with people, magical moments.
Fair and level headed, never an asshole like virtually all of their other pundits and so many current interviewers.

Last breed of timeless great interviewers. A real journalist.

Sad to see many great stars from the beginning of TV pass. People like larry king are synonyms with TV, they made it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:24:00 PM by Denspressure »
):

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »
RIP Larry King, you will be missed. He was one of the greats.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 06:52:43 PM »
He could have died if he simply fell down.  Does that mean if I pushed him and he died from his injuries I could use 'he was old and would have died eventually anyway' as a defense?

Saying COVID killed him isn't exaggerating, COVID can hit healthy people hard enough to kill them, let alone the elderly.

Do we charge someone with manslaughter for accidentally sneezing on an immunocompromised individual while waiting in line at the bank?

Vice-versa, do we blame COVID for killing someone who's got a whole slew of other health issues and been knockin' on Death's door for a good minute now?

Shifter

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »

Do we charge someone with manslaughter for accidentally sneezing on an immunocompromised individual while waiting in line at the bank?

Vice-versa, do we blame COVID for killing someone who's got a whole slew of other health issues and been knockin' on Death's door for a good minute now?

Jaime is just so apathetic to the death by covid he no longer cares

The point is death by covid is still an unnecessary tragedy and his life is still cut short by it. Honestly your view 'he was old and sick anyway so who cares' is truly disturbing. So you think old people have lived long enough? Maybe he had another 5 years. Maybe another few months before he could have gone peacefully and not painfully struggling to breathe. Death by covid is not a nice way to go out

You mention his health condition. Does that mean anyone who is immunocompromised dying from covid is just 'meh they had it coming eventually'? My friend is 38.if he got covid, he'd be a sure goner.

Peoples lives have value. It doesn't matter how old or sick you are. It doesn't matter if you have a month or 50 years. You deserve to live out your natural life and not die early gasping for air because your lungs are destroyed

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 04:43:50 AM »

No we don't charge someone with accidentally sneezing the same way we don't charge someone with murder for accidentally bumping into them and knocking them down.

We do charge someone for going into a nursing home knowing they have COVID and sneezing on everyone on purpose.

We do charge someone with deliberately pushing someone and causing their death.

So yes, we do.

Same way we blame being stabbed in the heart as the cause of death even if they have stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 05:22:40 AM »
Jaime is just so apathetic to the death by covid he no longer cares

The point is death by covid is still an unnecessary tragedy and his life is still cut short by it. Honestly your view 'he was old and sick anyway so who cares' is truly disturbing. So you think old people have lived long enough? Maybe he had another 5 years. Maybe another few months before he could have gone peacefully and not painfully struggling to breathe. Death by covid is not a nice way to go out

You mention his health condition. Does that mean anyone who is immunocompromised dying from covid is just 'meh they had it coming eventually'? My friend is 38.if he got covid, he'd be a sure goner.

Peoples lives have value. It doesn't matter how old or sick you are. It doesn't matter if you have a month or 50 years. You deserve to live out your natural life and not die early gasping for air because your lungs are destroyed

Thank you for presuming my apathy. You're truly an enlightened individual, Shifter.

Your gross oversimplification of my view is... well, gross.

Yes, people's lives have value. That's an obvious point. And obviously no one deserves to get very sick and die. Virtue-signaling much?

The majority of your opinions are just edgy, spirited reiterations of obvious things. It's all virtue-signaling, dude. 

Shifter

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 05:27:33 AM »
Valuing life = virtue signalling now. I guess this could be true if you're a cold blooded repugnican

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 05:29:04 AM »

Those two statements aren't coequal. If someone catches pneumonia from someone who accidentally sneezed in line at the bank, even if they have a whole host of other very serious health issues and they were probably going to die soon of something anyway, it's still noted that they died of pneumonia on their death certificate. Just like for the vast majority of cases where someone dies specifically because of COVID-related issues, it's noted that they died of COVID. Manslaughter doesn't enter into it for cases of accidental transmission.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 05:42:17 AM »
Valuing life = virtue signalling now. I guess this could be true if you're a cold blooded repugnican

Or if I have a functioning brain. Shit, I'm not even a Repugnican. I'm pretty sure half my ballot was Democrats in the 2020 election, ya dipass.

You saying that is like saying, "Oh, I don't hit children or punch babies. That's wrong!"

Like yeah, no shit. Don't hit kids; don't punch babies.

Shifter

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 06:17:09 AM »

Or if I have a functioning brain. Shit, I'm not even a Repugnican. I'm pretty sure half my ballot was Democrats in the 2020 election, ya dipass.

You saying that is like saying, "Oh, I don't hit children or punch babies. That's wrong!"

Like yeah, no shit. Don't hit kids; don't punch babies.

You think because someone is old and going to die soon makes contracting a preventable disease like covid a non issue.

Apart from the fact that premature death is tragic, death by covid is not pleasant. It's not peaceful. The fight and struggle is painful

Your response to a man known and loved by millions was rather cold. All on account he was old and not in good health. All the more reason people in his circumstance should be protected. Which if America wasn't so retarded in their response may never have happened

So at what age can no F's be given that you die painfully from something preventable then. I'm curious where you set the bar

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 06:27:21 AM »
Again with your extremes and presumptions.

I won't answer such a loaded question that makes so many assumptions about the content of my character and what I believe and think.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 06:51:44 AM »
Medical professionals are the ones who are trained to fill out death certificates. It’s best not play dress up and claim you are qualified to fill them out.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 06:59:05 AM »
Medical professionals are the ones who are trained to fill out death certificates. It’s best not play dress up and claim you are qualified to fill them out to think for yourself, challenge authority, and ask questions.

Roger roger.

I got nothing against the medical profession. Frankly, I had a couple of pretty major surgeries in the last few years which... well, they saved my life. I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to my wonderful surgeon and the amazing nurses who went above and beyond to care for me during my hospital stay. I'm very fortunate.

That being said, it's obvious our healthcare system is flawed -- it's mostly sickcare. And it's just as obvious that medical professionals are only people. People make mistakes; they don't know everything. It's at least worth bringing up concerns and trying to get down to the bottom of things that seem sketchy, like when a physician who had two nutrition courses thirty years ago tells you saturated fat is exacerbating your heart disease and not all the added sugars and processed junk, which is what the evidence now actually supports.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 07:02:31 AM by Jamie »