ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #1110 on: March 15, 2021, 09:11:27 AM »
Quote from:  stash
They make the connection because the molecular change allows the seepage through the container with it being thin.
Think of it like a superfluid filtration through what appears to be a solid, which is not a solid to all broken down atmospheric matter.

Porosity is the key to this conundrum from your side.

Ummm, the container is air/atmosphere tight - No seepage is occurring. And the air/atmosphere tightness has nothing to do with the thickness of the walls. Superfluidity is the creeping of the substance, not the passing through walls so to speak:

Are you now claiming there's no such thing as an air tight container?
Like I was saying.

Like you were saying what? Is the tupperware air-tight container cooled to 2 degrees above absolute zero when a helium superfluid appears? No.

Does the super fluid in the video leak through glass? No. From the video:

00:42 "The liquid helium had turned into a superfluid which displays some really odd properties here I have a beaker with an unglazed ceramic bottom of ultrafine porosity ordinarily this container with tiny pores can hold liquid helium but the moment the helium turns superfluid it leaks through."

Ceramic, not glass.

So again, there's no seepage in the air-tight container. Are you now claiming there's no such thing as an air tight container?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1111 on: March 15, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »
Have you personally checked that magnets don't work in a vacuum then to know this or are you just assuming they don't because that fits in better with your belief system
You didn't actually answer the question. I ask you if you have personally checked whether magents work in a vacuum?  If so how did you do it?

No you  haven't.
Without wishing to make this sound too pantomime like... O yes I have.  I should know.  I was there and we (as a group) tried it several times.

When you understand how magnets actually work rather than (as in your case) just how you believe they work, you also understand that they don't need air to show magnetic properties.  Hence we predicted the magnets would work when placed inside a vacuum chamber and then we tried it.  And they did!
No such thing as a vacuum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1112 on: March 15, 2021, 11:03:01 AM »
They make the connection because the molecular change allows the seepage through the container with it being thin.
Think of it like a superfluid filtration through what appears to be a solid, which is not a solid to all broken down atmospheric matter.

Ummm, the container is air/atmosphere tight - No seepage is occurring. And the air/atmosphere tightness has nothing to do with the thickness of the walls. Superfluidity is the creeping of the substance, not the passing through walls so to speak:

Like I was saying.

Like you were saying what? Is the tupperware air-tight container cooled to 2 degrees above absolute zero when a helium superfluid appears? No.

00:42 "The liquid helium had turned into a superfluid which displays some really odd properties here I have a beaker with an unglazed ceramic bottom of ultrafine porosity ordinarily this container with tiny pores can hold liquid helium but the moment the helium turns superfluid it leaks through."

Ceramic, not glass.

So again, there's no seepage in the air-tight container. Are you now claiming there's no such thing as an air tight container?
Yes I'm saying there's no such thing as an atmospheric tight container.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1113 on: March 15, 2021, 11:33:43 AM »

Like I was saying.

Ceramic, not glass.

What are you basing that on?

If I put some feathers in a tupperware container and seal it with the lid. Then take a high pressure air hose and blast the wall of the container from the outside, the feathers don't move. According to you they should. Why is it that they don't?

How do my cookies stay fresh in my tupperware container if it's not air-tight?

I can vacuum seal a steak and stick in the freezer and it will stay good for a couple of years. If it's not air-tight, how can that be?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1114 on: March 15, 2021, 11:36:59 AM »

If I put some feathers in a tupperware container and seal it with the lid. Then take a high pressure air hose and blast the wall of the container from the outside, the feathers don't move. According to you they should. Why is it that they don't?

I can vacuum seal a steak and stick in the freezer and it will stay good for a couple of years. If it's not air-tight, how can that be?
But it eventually does go off....right?
Not atmospherically tight.
Everything has porosity.
It's just a case of which molecular structure can penetrate.
This is the key.
If you've been paying attention to what I've been saying, you'll see what I'm saying.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1115 on: March 15, 2021, 12:26:43 PM »

Everything has porosity.
This is the key.
If you've been paying attention to what I've been saying, you'll see what I'm saying.

Sure, pretty much everything is porous to a degree, some more than others. I get what you're saying, I get your concept, but it just doesn't jive with reality.

Ultimately, the beef does go off, goes bad, not because of air getting into the vacuum sealed pouch, but for two other reasons:

1) Because of the trace amounts of O2 left in the meat itself.
2) Anaerobic bacteria, bacteria that do not live or grow when oxygen is present. (e.g., botulism)

"Because vacuum packing beef blocks out all oxygen, the moisture inside your meat can’t evaporate and as a result, the beef keeps its juice and tenderness! Where water does evaporate, the effect is Freezer burn — which leads to whitish splotches (a.k.a. “ice crystals”) on the beef.

Vacuum packing meat inhibits only obligate bacteria (those activated by the presence of oxygen), not those that are anaerobic (those that do not need oxygen for activation).
"

According to your theory of porosity, a magnet wouldn't be able to stick to another one inside a vacuum sealed pouch for years. So no, your explanation does not work.

What about the feathers, why don't they swirl around inside the sealed container when blasting the outside with air?

JackBlack

« Reply #1116 on: March 15, 2021, 12:57:04 PM »
The container is airtight, there is no way for the air to get through.
Air tight?
Yes, air tight, as in it does not let gas through.
No need for your semantic BS of trying to pretend that means it isn't atmospheric tight or any other nonsense like that.

It means the container will not let air or atmosphere or gas or the like through.

Likewise, the issue of polarity shows that magnetism cannot be caused by air, yet you continue to ignore that.

It's because I know a vacuum cannot be created.
No, you just play semantic games to pretend that a vacuum needs to be a perfect vacuum so you can pretend they don't exist.
Back in reality, they do exist, they just aren't perfect.

Like I was saying.

This is why you should really pay attention.
The post you quoted directly addressed that.
Superfluid helium creates a thin film which coats the surface of the container. This means it will go up the wall of a container, and if there is no top, it will continue travelling along the wall to the outside.
It doesn't penetrate the walls of the container.

If you are referring to the frit it passes through, that has quite significant holes. Holes that would easily let a gas pass through, but the surface tension and viscosity of a typical liquid will prevent it from going through without significant force.

And there are plenty of examples in reality that prove that is wrong, such as a simple balloon.

« Reply #1117 on: March 15, 2021, 01:14:11 PM »
Let's add another word into that sentence shall we.  No such thing as a perfect vacuum.

However we can get pretty close and in universities (you know, those places where you go to receive higher education) they have vacuum chambers which can get you pretty close.

Irrespective.  A magnetic field does not need air to propagate through any more than light does. So any talk of air or atmospheric pressure is irrelevant to whether a magnet works or not.  Argue the point as much as you like.

If you can find any links at all anywhere on the Internet which back your opinion that magnetic fields are caused or influenced by air or atmospheric pressure please list them so I can learn and stand corrected.  Just your claim that they are is not enough evidence.

You asked for an explanation about electrons and spin.  So here is such an explanation. This tells you everything you could ever want to know about magnetism. I note there is no mention of air or atmospheric pressure.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/magnetic-forces-and-magnetic-fields/magnetic-field-current-carrying-wire/a/what-are-magnetic-fields

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:32:46 PM by Solarwind »

« Reply #1118 on: March 15, 2021, 02:39:27 PM »

Air tight?

This is why it's best to pay attention.

Are you saying scuba gear doesnt exist?
Are you saying propane tanks for bbq dont exist?
Are you saying submarines dont exist?
What about the trillion dollar natural gas industry?
Really?
Air tight isnt a thing?

« Reply #1119 on: March 15, 2021, 02:42:43 PM »
Wjata the difference between atmospheric pressure and air pressure?
It depends how it's looked at.

On face value you pump up your tyres by extracting air from the atmosphere and pushing it into your tyre space.
Break that air down and try pumping elements of that break down into your tyres and see what happens.

The same thing happens.
Pumping air is pumping air.
You havent defined a difference.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1120 on: March 15, 2021, 04:56:00 PM »

Like I was saying.

I feel like I could debate you with only using old posts.
Anaerobic conditions exist. This requires oxygen to stay out. We know oxygen stays out. See canned food for example. Also see glove boxes where things catch on fire if oxygen gets in.

Sealed containers exist.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1121 on: March 16, 2021, 02:20:32 AM »

Everything has porosity.
This is the key.

Sure, pretty much everything is porous to a degree, some more than others. I get what you're saying, I get your concept, but it just doesn't jive with reality.
It depends on what you want to see as jiving with reality.
You accept porosity, you just seem to have the concept just related to normal air pressure and nothing else.
Think back to the stripping down of the gobstopper analogy.
Think back to the decompression of atmospheric molecules and how much lighter separated resultant molecules penetrate depending on porosity of objects and how they're pushed into them, or out of them..

Quote from: Stash
Ultimately, the beef does go off, goes bad, not because of air getting into the vacuum sealed pouch, but for two other reasons:

2) Anaerobic bacteria, bacteria that do not live or grow when oxygen is present. (e.g., botulism)
"Because vacuum packing beef blocks out all oxygen, the moisture inside your meat can’t evaporate and as a result, the beef keeps its juice and tenderness! Where water does evaporate, the effect is Freezer burn — which leads to whitish splotches (a.k.a. “ice crystals”) on the beef.

Vacuum packing meat inhibits only obligate bacteria (those activated by the presence of oxygen), not those that are anaerobic (those that do not need oxygen for activation).
"
You're trapping matter and placing it under pressure. That pressure stops the absorption to a massive degree because the pressure is dense molecular make up pushing against the bag and cannot penetrate that bag unless it breaks down a little t allow separated molecules to be pushed in, which is so slow it is not really noticed,

According to your theory of porosity, a magnet wouldn't be able to stick to another one inside a vacuum sealed pouch for years. So no, your explanation does not work.

As above.

What about the feathers, why don't they swirl around inside the sealed container when blasting the outside with air?
Inability to push through the container due to dense mass of the make up.
As above.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1122 on: March 16, 2021, 02:22:09 AM »
Air tight?
Yes, air tight, as in it does not let gas through.

There's gas and there's gas.
As I explained above.
It's about dense mass make up, which is why I use atmosphere and not just air pressure.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1123 on: March 16, 2021, 02:26:55 AM »
Let's add another word into that sentence shall we.  No such thing as a perfect vacuum.

However we can get pretty close and in universities (you know, those places where you go to receive higher education) they have vacuum chambers which can get you pretty close.

Irrespective.  A magnetic field does not need air to propagate through any more than light does.
Everything needs atmosphere to work, whether it's through the atmosphere of the place we dwell or whether it's part of water...etc.

If it moves it requires atmosphere. Simple as that.

Quote from: Solarwind
So any talk of air or atmospheric pressure is irrelevant to whether a magnet works or not.  Argue the point as much as you like.
I will.

If you can find any links at all anywhere on the Internet which back your opinion that magnetic fields are caused or influenced by air or atmospheric pressure please list them so I can learn and stand corrected.  Just your claim that they are is not enough evidence.
As above.

You asked for an explanation about electrons and spin.  So here is such an explanation. This tells you everything you could ever want to know about magnetism. I note there is no mention of air or atmospheric pressure.

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/magnetic-forces-and-magnetic-fields/magnetic-field-current-carrying-wire/a/what-are-magnetic-fields
How about you explain it nice and simple, in your own words.
It's too easy to just bring up something that you think fits.

Explain it, I dare you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1124 on: March 16, 2021, 02:27:46 AM »

Air tight?

This is why it's best to pay attention.

Are you saying scuba gear doesnt exist?
Are you saying propane tanks for bbq dont exist?
Are you saying submarines dont exist?
What about the trillion dollar natural gas industry?
Really?
Air tight isnt a thing?
No, it's not a thing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1125 on: March 16, 2021, 02:28:50 AM »

On face value you pump up your tyres by extracting air from the atmosphere and pushing it into your tyre space.
Break that air down and try pumping elements of that break down into your tyres and see what happens.

The same thing happens.
I don't think you grasped breakdown of air.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1126 on: March 16, 2021, 02:31:26 AM »

Like I was saying.

I feel like I could debate you with only using old posts.
Anaerobic conditions exist. This requires oxygen to stay out. We know oxygen stays out. See canned food for example. Also see glove boxes where things catch on fire if oxygen gets in.

Sealed containers exist.
The video shows porosity. This is what I'm arguing.

Tins may keep air out and containers may keep air out but that is dense air under a specific pressure.
Break it down and it can penetrate. Extremely slowly but it shows porosity.
There's a reason you keep containers in the shade.

« Reply #1127 on: March 16, 2021, 03:29:49 AM »

Explain it, I dare you.

What's the point because you will only ever believe what you think is true. 

Since you don't believe magnets work in environments where air density if very low then why don't you go and find yourself a vacuum chamber and check it out for yourself.  I have and so that's how I know they do. But obviously you haven't done the same experiments I have.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 04:33:23 AM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #1128 on: March 16, 2021, 03:39:42 AM »
You accept porosity, you just seem to have the concept just related to normal air pressure and nothing else.
Think back to the decompression of atmospheric molecules and how much lighter separated resultant molecules penetrate depending on porosity of objects and how they're pushed into them, or out of them..
Or instead of just accepting your wild fantasy with no connection to reality, instead realise that you can't just magically compress air and force it through tiny gaps smaller than a molecule as attempting to do so results in the air liquifying.

There's gas and there's gas.
As I explained above.
It's about dense mass make up, which is why I use atmosphere and not just air pressure.
And as I explained, the material is impermeable to gas, at least at any appreciable rate.
So it can't be air flowing though causing magnetism.

Just like the observed polarity of magnets shows that magnetism cannot be caused by air.

Again, have you figured out how 2 attractive flows can repel each other, or conversely how 2 repulsive flows can attract each other?
If not, your wild claims about the air causing magnetism is DOA.

Everything needs atmosphere to work, whether it's through the atmosphere of the place we dwell or whether it's part of water...etc.
No, it doesn't.
And that is the massive problem with your nonsense.
You want to pretend the atmosphere is required for everything, when there is nothing to support that wild claim, and plenty to show otherwise.

The video shows porosity. This is what I'm arguing.
No, you are arguing that materials which are air-tight are actually magically porous and still allow air through, meaning they are not air tight at all.
That is quite different to the video, which has an intentionally made porous material, made to allow fluids to flow through under pressure.
It needs that base. If instead it was a glass base, it wouldn't be flowing through.

« Reply #1129 on: March 16, 2021, 05:01:33 AM »

How do you know everything needs atmosphere to work. What experiments have you done to verify this.  You are just guessing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1130 on: March 16, 2021, 05:24:19 AM »

Explain it, I dare you.

What's the point because you will only ever believe what you think is true. 

Since you don't believe magnets work in environments where air density if very low then why don't you go and find yourself a vacuum chamber and check it out for yourself.  I have and so that's how I know they do. But obviously you haven't done the same experiments I have.
I've never said magnets don't work n low pressure. I said a vacuum that you people call it.
You see, you people think space is a vacuum barring bits of stray matter just whizzing about. That makes me roll my eyes.
So when you say magnets work in this so called environment, I disagree.

Oh...and I knew you'd back out of explaining. It seems to be a massive issue for you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1131 on: March 16, 2021, 05:30:55 AM »
Or instead of just accepting your wild fantasy with no connection to reality, instead realise that you can't just magically compress air and force it through tiny gaps smaller than a molecule as attempting to do so results in the air liquifying.
If you try to force air through, yes.
But then again if you'd paid attention you'd know what I was saying. Ask your mates who maybe have been taking notice.
Quote from: JackBlack
And as I explained, the material is impermeable to gas, at least at any appreciable rate.
So it can't be air flowing though causing magnetism.
Like I said before. Pay  attention.

Just like the observed polarity of magnets shows that magnetism cannot be caused by air.
Tell me about this polarity and tell me how it works that you know of?

Again, have you figured out how 2 attractive flows can repel each other, or conversely how 2 repulsive flows can attract each other?
If not, your wild claims about the air causing magnetism is DOA.

I believe I know...yes.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1132 on: March 16, 2021, 05:31:50 AM »

How do you know everything needs atmosphere to work. What experiments have you done to verify this.  You are just guessing.
No atmosphere, no life, no movement.

« Reply #1133 on: March 16, 2021, 06:11:02 AM »

The same thing happens.
I don't think you grasped breakdown of air.

You still havent defined anyhting.
Define it.

« Reply #1134 on: March 16, 2021, 06:13:19 AM »

Everything has porosity.
This is the key.

"
You're trapping matter and placing it under pressure. That pressure stops the absorption to a massive degree because the pressure is dense molecular make up pushing against the bag and cannot penetrate that bag unless it breaks down a little t allow separated molecules to be pushed in, which is so slow it is not really noticed,

As above.

Inability to push through the container due to dense mass of the make up.
As above.

So air is air sponges
Atmosphere is sponges
Molecules are sponges
And the break down is... what?
Define it.

« Reply #1135 on: March 16, 2021, 06:16:22 AM »
If I place a bar magnetic on the wooden table in front of me there is no magnetic attraction between the table and the magnet.

If I now place a nail made of brass or other non-ferrous metal on the table it doesn't get attracted to the magnet or to the table which as I've already said is made from wood..Next I place an iron nail on the table near the magnet and immediately the nail is pulled to the magnet and sticks to it.

There is no change in air pressure so why does the magnet only attract the iron nail but not the brass nail?

I don't just accept what I am told like you claim I do. I do an actual experiment and then come to the most obvious conclusion. In this case that conclusion would be that magnetism or magnetic force only exists between iron based materials. Since there is no apparent magnetic force between the magnet and the brass nail.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:24:23 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #1136 on: March 16, 2021, 06:47:03 AM »
You accepting is irrelevant.
You must maintain the assumption that whatever sceppy says is right.

However...   when hes right hes also has a requirement to show how he is right and why conflicting observations still show his theory as relevant.
Press him in that fashion.

On the flip side.
If he outrifht rejects that scuba gear or circles exist, he still shpuld be able to show why/ how.

« Reply #1137 on: March 16, 2021, 07:52:52 AM »
Acceptance or non-acceptance is not the point here.  In this simple experiment I have observed that there is only a magnetic attraction (force) between two objects (the magnet and one of the nails) which are made of iron.  There is no apparent attraction from the wooden table or the brass nail.

The air pressure in the room does not change and can be taken as constant throughout the experiment.  That leads me to conclude that the magnetic force of attraction that exists between the magnet and the iron nail must be created by the fact that they are made of iron.  Magnetism is therefore a physical property of iron and no other materials in the room.  I would come to the same conclusion regardless of what I have or haven't read or what I have or haven't been told about magentism.

The experiment itself does not provide any evidence of a relationship between magnetism and air.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 07:56:02 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #1138 on: March 16, 2021, 10:02:00 AM »
Back to you sceppy.
Wheres the relationship?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1139 on: March 16, 2021, 10:10:10 AM »
If I place a bar magnetic on the wooden table in front of me there is no magnetic attraction between the table and the magnet.

If I now place a nail made of brass or other non-ferrous metal on the table it doesn't get attracted to the magnet or to the table which as I've already said is made from wood..Next I place an iron nail on the table near the magnet and immediately the nail is pulled to the magnet and sticks to it.

There is no change in air pressure so why does the magnet only attract the iron nail but not the brass nail?

I don't just accept what I am told like you claim I do. I do an actual experiment and then come to the most obvious conclusion. In this case that conclusion would be that magnetism or magnetic force only exists between iron based materials. Since there is no apparent magnetic force between the magnet and the brass nail.
Are you ready to set out your jigsaw pieces and put them into places?

It's called putting your cryptic mind to work.

Does water flow through a funnel quicker than treacle?
Does treacle flow through a funnel quicker than whipped cream?

Does air flow through a sieve quicker than water?
Does treacle flow through a sieve quicker than whipped cream?

Can a sieve  allow more air through than another if the sieve structure is more closely structured.

Can a plug be pulled from water easily if there is a low pressure beneath it, like air?
Does the plug feel like you're trying to stop a magnet being pushed into the hole, as if the plug was that magnet?

If you tried to push a plug under the sink against the flowing water would it appear like that plug was being repelled?

Just a few things to think about.

All it needs is to be thought of in atmospheric terms , such as molecular change/expansion and how it can be trapped and also be activated between materials porosity.