ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2021, 05:21:01 AM »

Is there a reason you don’t want to try to clarify your model so others can understand it?

Why the reluctance?

I'm not sure I can so people will understand it.
People don't seem to know how magnets work or are made to be magnets in terms of what this attraction and repelling is.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2021, 05:22:25 AM »
It can be empty if evrey person inside is randomly walking about a d rheres a doorman grabbing them as they come by and throws them out.
Given long enough, doorman will eventually grab all the people.
Nobody can randomly walk about. They have to be attached with no free space.

« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2021, 06:22:07 AM »
So the person is not a person but an ever expanding sponge limited only by the resistive crush of the container?
So how are sponges being removed?
Are sponges being removed and not merely just smaller?
Or if removed, how does a really big sponge of dimension XYZ compare to manymany little sponges equalling rhe size of XYZ?
If oxcupying he same space, why is the resistance lessened?

« Reply #903 on: March 06, 2021, 06:26:12 AM »

Is there a reason you don’t want to try to clarify your model so others can understand it?

Why the reluctance?

Im sorry.  It must be frustrating to think you have new solutions but not be able to communicate them.

Do you ever think about this?  That you seem to consistently have problems communicating your ideas effectively? 

I know you think that it is because we are all indoctrinated and are mentally incapable of conceptualizing radically new ideas about the world, but do you also consider that it might be that the ideas themself are not well formed, not consistent enough to express clearly? 

You always want things explained simply, brought down to their basics.  You ask again and again for this and say that if someone cant do it, it means they dont understand it, and that an idea that can not be simply and clearly expressed is not worth anything. 

And yet, your ideas can not be explained simply and clearly.  Does this give you pause?

« Reply #904 on: March 06, 2021, 06:53:24 AM »
People don't seem to know how magnets work or are made to be magnets in terms of what this attraction and repelling is.

Is it a case of people not knowing or is it a case of you not accepting the explanations given?  It is to do with the polarity and alignment of the atoms making up the magnet.  You will probably say that is what I've been told but if you can explain it better and produce your evidence then be my guest.

Magnetism only occurs with certain materials so it must be something to do with the atoms making up those materials.  Mostly magnetism is related to ferrous (iron based) materials. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:10:04 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #905 on: March 06, 2021, 06:55:50 AM »

Why the reluctance?

Try a picture.
Pictures worth a 1000 words.
Words that you cant skew the meaning of.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #906 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:55 AM »
The vacuum pump functions by removing the molecules of air and other gases from the vacuum chamber. This results in a low-pressure environment within the chamber, commonly referred to as a vacuum.
Explain too me using any analogy that will fit for you how this pump works in removing molecules from the chamber, as you say.

Don't veer away from this, let's get it answered.
I know how it works from my side, I just want you to show that you know it from your side and why.

I need answers to these questions first:

Oh, maybe an assumption I had about your theory is wrong. What causes some magnets to be stronger than others is probably the better question?

What is put into them, is the answer.

I have no idea what that means? What's the what? Why so obtuse?

Does a lower pressure environment make a magnet weaker? That is my assumption from your theory. Is that assumption correct of incorrect?

We can create lower pressure environments but that's all it is.
The so called near vacuum stuff is far from it.
All you're doing is cutting down on the pressurised vibration of matter inside the container by allowing it to expand out.
How you think it comes out and how I think it comes out, are two entirely different things.

How far from it? How do you define a near vacuum?

Does cutting down on the pressurized vibration of matter inside the container make a magnet weaker?

JackBlack

« Reply #907 on: March 06, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »
Yep, it is how it works.
Good, now stop with the deflection and address the issue.

How do 2 attractive vortexes repel, or how do 2 repulsive vortexes attract?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 05:38:51 PM by JackBlack »

« Reply #908 on: March 06, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »

I just spent 20 seconds to type in 'how do magnets work' into Google and got over 87.6 million results.  I'm pretty sure that if you did the same you would also get a similar figure. So it seems like people do have an idea how magnets work. Rather than declaring flatly on here that people don't seem to know how magnets work why don't you spend a few minutes doing your own research to answer your own question.

Or when you say people don't seem to know how magnets work do you really mean that people don't seem to understand how you believe magnets work?  You live in denial of conventional scientific explanations for it seems everything so obviously you need to have your own explanations.  What it seems to me is that no one else seems to understand your explanations.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:21:18 PM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #909 on: March 07, 2021, 06:35:41 AM »
So the person is not a person but an ever expanding sponge limited only by the resistive crush of the container?

They remove themselves by expanding into others to push them out...as long as there is a lower pressure created for them to do so, which is where the pump comes in..

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #910 on: March 07, 2021, 06:36:18 AM »

Why the reluctance?

Im sorry.  It must be frustrating to think you have new solutions but not be able to communicate them.

Do you ever think about this?  That you seem to consistently have problems communicating your ideas effectively? 

I know you think that it is because we are all indoctrinated and are mentally incapable of conceptualizing radically new ideas about the world, but do you also consider that it might be that the ideas themself are not well formed, not consistent enough to express clearly? 

You always want things explained simply, brought down to their basics.  You ask again and again for this and say that if someone cant do it, it means they dont understand it, and that an idea that can not be simply and clearly expressed is not worth anything. 

And yet, your ideas can not be explained simply and clearly.  Does this give you pause?
Don't worry about it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #911 on: March 07, 2021, 06:38:13 AM »

Is it a case of people not knowing or is it a case of you not accepting the explanations given?  It is to do with the polarity and alignment of the atoms making up the magnet.  You will probably say that is what I've been told but if you can explain it better and produce your evidence then be my guest.

Magnetism only occurs with certain materials so it must be something to do with the atoms making up those materials.  Mostly magnetism is related to ferrous (iron based) materials.
Explain the polarity alignment. Tell me what it is and why it happens.
Explain to me how a magnet holds what it holds to does what it does.

« Reply #912 on: March 07, 2021, 06:59:56 AM »

Why the reluctance?

Don't worry about it.

I won’t. It’s okay.  Just know it could feel bad to think you have such great ideas, but that you just can’t explain them clearly for others.

It doesn’t bother you though?  How do you think other people see it?  Where you say again and again to explain simply, and if soneone can’t it’s not a worthwhile concept, and then you can’t even do it for your own concepts? 

Do you think this turns people off to your musings?

« Reply #913 on: March 07, 2021, 07:30:55 AM »

Explain why the hypocrasy of your request goes as unaddressed as the many many basic questions you have yet to address?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #914 on: March 07, 2021, 08:13:27 AM »
I don't.
Extreme low pressure is the best I can describe.
A vacuum is the absence of all attached matter in the terms of what you people accept.
This cannot happen, so a vacuum is a nothing meaning for reality.

Quote from: Stash

Does cutting down on the pressurized vibration of matter inside the container make a magnet weaker?
If it's extreme....yes.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #915 on: March 07, 2021, 08:15:49 AM »
I just spent 20 seconds to type in 'how do magnets work' into Google and got over 87.6 million results. 

Why did you need to do it? I thought you knew it all about magnets.
If you know nothing then you have no argument with me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #916 on: March 07, 2021, 08:17:08 AM »

Why the reluctance?

Don't worry about it.

I won’t. It’s okay.  Just know it could feel bad to think you have such great ideas, but that you just can’t explain them clearly for others.

It doesn’t bother you though?  How do you think other people see it?  Where you say again and again to explain simply, and if soneone can’t it’s not a worthwhile concept, and then you can’t even do it for your own concepts? 

I'm not bothered if people are turned off. It's those that try to do the jigsaw who are worth my time.

« Reply #917 on: March 07, 2021, 08:53:29 AM »

They remove themselves by expanding into others to push them out...as long as there is a lower pressure created for them to do so, which is where the pump comes in..
So why cant the pump pull the last sponge out?
Can the sponge be cut into smaller chunks?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #918 on: March 07, 2021, 09:20:40 AM »

So why cant the pump pull the last sponge out?
Can the sponge be cut into smaller chunks?
It isn't a case of last sponge but a chamber full of expanded sponges that are incapable of pushing out any further against each other with any significance.
The less push the less vibration and sound and energy.

And the pump does not pull anything out.
The chamber empties itself of pressure as long as the external exit becomes a lower pressure channel.
The pump creates this by pushing external atmosphere away.

« Reply #919 on: March 07, 2021, 10:02:59 AM »
Ok
No arguments there.
So if the outside is all pushed away then the inside will continue to expand.
Sponged could be heated to add the lack of energy.
Yes no?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #920 on: March 07, 2021, 10:12:58 AM »
I don't.
A vacuum is the absence of all attached matter in the terms of what you people accept.

If it's extreme....yes.

What would you define as "extreme"? Given what normal at say sea level atmospheric pressure is, about 1 mbar, what would be the point where a magnet would weaken?

« Reply #921 on: March 07, 2021, 10:44:34 AM »

I didn't. But obviously you can type so what is stopping you from spending 20 seconds of your life to type questions into Google and then doing some research of your own?  Instead you just seem to rely on us to tell you everything.  And we obviously have no clue about anything as you keep pointing out. So if we are that clueless why keep asking us to explain things to you?  Do it yourself.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 10:51:16 AM by Solarwind »

JackBlack

« Reply #922 on: March 07, 2021, 02:00:52 PM »
That is what you are meant to be doing.
Stop deflecting.
If you want an explanation from others, how about you admit your explanation doesn't work?
After all, you are the one who started out claiming to be able to explain them all using air.

Again, can you explain the observed polarity? Can you explain why if you take 2 magnets in an orientation that repel, turning both magnets around still results in them repelling; and if you take 2 magnets in an orientation that attract, turning both magnets around still results in them attracting?
Because with your "explanation" so far, that simply doesn't work.

As has been repeatedly explained to you, that is not the case AT ALL!
What you are describing is known as a perfect vacuum, or ideal vacuum, which simply doesn't exist.
But in general, a vacuum does not need to be perfect.
A vacuum is simply significantly lower pressure than 1 atmosphere.
This includes a low vacuum, which goes from roughly 100th of a vacuum up to basically 1 atm.
It also includes things like UHV, which is a tiny tiny tiny fraction of an atmosphere.

« Reply #923 on: March 07, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »
Scepti makes up his own definitions as he goes along.  Then he asks us to explain or define things which are obviously going to be different to ours.  That means he can then dismiss whatever we say as nonsense which further feeds his already over-inflated and deluded ego.

« Reply #924 on: March 07, 2021, 06:02:10 PM »
Quote from: Solarwind
So if we are that clueless why keep asking us to explain things to you?  Do it yourself.

There is no source to query for your knowledge but you!

I think scepti is asking for you to explain your knowledge, to verify that you in fact have it (most don't, especially not internally/implicitly) and to make more clear / tease out the differences (potential paradoxes etc.) between your understanding and theirs.

It isn't something a google search can accomplish.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:24:16 PM by jack44556677 »

« Reply #925 on: March 07, 2021, 09:38:41 PM »

Why the reluctance?

Don't worry about it.

I'm not bothered if people are turned off. It's those that try to do the jigsaw who are worth my time.

But are you bothered by you own internal inconsistencies?

On one hand if people can not explain something simply and clearly then they do not comprehend it.

On the other hand you can not explain your own ideas simply and clearly.

Is this not a problem for you?

Mattathome

• I love this site, it goes round and round...
« Reply #926 on: March 08, 2021, 12:30:57 AM »
Quote from: Solarwind
So if we are that clueless why keep asking us to explain things to you?  Do it yourself.

There is no source to query for your knowledge but you!

I think scepti is asking for you to explain your knowledge, to verify that you in fact have it (most don't, especially not internally/implicitly) and to make more clear / tease out the differences (potential paradoxes etc.) between your understanding and theirs.

It isn't something a google search can accomplish.

Why not?  You don't need to be some paragon expert in whatever field to have an understanding of how something works.   

"How do magnets work?" or most any other subject is something anyone with internet access can ask and there are plenty of sources that can easily explain it to you.  You can agree or disagree based on whatever source you're looking at but your missing the point.  Scepti isn't trying to collaborate his knowledge with anyone else's.  His tactics are that if anyone isn't an complete expert on (insert subject here) that they have no platform on which to explain anything to him so he can completely disregard it.  It's an argument from authority and is used by those who can't back up whatever claim they are making.
Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

Why are you clicking that?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #927 on: March 08, 2021, 02:19:28 AM »
Ok
No arguments there.
So if the outside is all pushed away then the inside will continue to expand.
Sponged could be heated to add the lack of energy.
Yes no?
No.
The opposite happens. There is much less agitation and pressure, meaning the friction is minimal.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #928 on: March 08, 2021, 02:21:00 AM »
I don't.

If it's extreme....yes.

What would you define as "extreme"? Given what normal at say sea level atmospheric pressure is, about 1 mbar, what would be the point where a magnet would weaken?
When pressure becomes so low that it cannot create much  pressure agitation.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #929 on: March 08, 2021, 02:21:39 AM »

I didn't. But obviously you can type so what is stopping you from spending 20 seconds of your life to type questions into Google and then doing some research of your own?  Instead you just seem to rely on us to tell you everything.  And we obviously have no clue about anything as you keep pointing out. So if we are that clueless why keep asking us to explain things to you?  Do it yourself.
Take a back seat.