ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #870 on: March 05, 2021, 02:22:41 AM »

I'm asking you what is your evidence that magnets don't work in a vacuum, or, more succinctly, that they don't work as well in a very low pressure, near vacuum as they do outside in normal atmosphere? What's your evidence for that?

Or if you have no evidence, is it just your theory that they don't?
I have no evidence because I've never seen or experienced a vacuum...and neither have you. And nor will you ever.

possibly - what about well documented other people?
are all other people out to get you?
are they all fakers?
better add another layer of tinfoil just in case.

« Reply #871 on: March 05, 2021, 02:23:42 AM »

So pressure gets broken down into hydrogen which then flows through the porous metal of the magnet?
Sort of, yes.

Hmm, can you clarify so it is not "sort of"? 

This is how I see it from your explanation.  Please correct for clarity -

There is atmosphere consisting of molecules around the magnet.  Degraded bits of these atmospheric molecules (like hydrogen), get pushed through the structure of the magnet.  They go in one side and are pushed out the other side (from high to low back to high pressure), then circle back along the sides of the magnet in order to go back into the magnet in a loop. 

Is this right?
First of all let me know how you think a magnet comes about to be a magnet on your table and then we'll go on from tehre.

draw magnet vortex on a map

JackBlack

« Reply #872 on: March 05, 2021, 03:26:45 AM »
They are fundamentally different phenomenon and thus couldn't simply be the same reason, and yet again you dodge the issue.
We aren't talking about running at a high pressure hose, we are talking about the other side, where the water is being "drawn" in.
This is running towards the low pressure region with the high pressure pushing you towards it.
If you create a low pressure and trap it...how do you release it?
Again, I refer you to the Magdeburg hemispheres YOU brought up earlier.
I also refer you to your earlier statements about pressure.

You don't trap a low pressure, you don't release it.
Instead you remove pressure (note: not all pressure needs to be removed), and keep it out.
To return to equilibrium, you need to let the high pressure in.

With the hemispheres, without any way to let the high pressure air in, the hemispheres are crushed together by that high pressure air around them.
So why doesn't that happen with the magnets? Why do they repel instead?

I have no evidence because I've never seen or experienced a vacuum...and neither have you. And nor will you ever.
And there you go playing semantics again. A vacuum doesn't need to be perfect to be a vacuum, and Stash is clearly talking about the kind of vacuum in vacuum chambers, which is not perfect.
Unless you weren't playing semantics and are just admitting you have no evidence and lying about people "experiencing" a vacuum.

First of all let me know how you think a magnet comes about to be a magnet on your table and then we'll go on from tehre.
And yet more deflection.
You are meant to be providing your explanation for how magnets work. Just what does what he thinks have to do with YOUR explanation.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #873 on: March 05, 2021, 03:30:06 AM »

I'm asking you what is your evidence that magnets don't work in a vacuum, or, more succinctly, that they don't work as well in a very low pressure, near vacuum as they do outside in normal atmosphere? What's your evidence for that?

possibly - what about well documented other people?
are all other people out to get you?
are they all fakers?
better add another layer of tinfoil just in case.

Come back when you have a vacuum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #874 on: March 05, 2021, 03:37:24 AM »
They are fundamentally different phenomenon and thus couldn't simply be the same reason, and yet again you dodge the issue.
We aren't talking about running at a high pressure hose, we are talking about the other side, where the water is being "drawn" in.
This is running towards the low pressure region with the high pressure pushing you towards it.

Instead you remove pressure (note: not all pressure needs to be removed), and keep it out.

You are contradicting yourself.

Quote from: JackBlack

To return to equilibrium, you need to let the high pressure in.

Correct.

« Reply #875 on: March 05, 2021, 03:48:08 AM »

So pressure gets broken down into hydrogen which then flows through the porous metal of the magnet?
Sort of, yes.

Hmm, can you clarify so it is not "sort of"? 

This is how I see it from your explanation.  Please correct for clarity -

There is atmosphere consisting of molecules around the magnet.  Degraded bits of these atmospheric molecules (like hydrogen), get pushed through the structure of the magnet.  They go in one side and are pushed out the other side (from high to low back to high pressure), then circle back along the sides of the magnet in order to go back into the magnet in a loop. 

Is this right?

Hey, it’s your idea I’m trying to understand.  Maybe you tell me instead what you think is happening to help in getting it across?

If you don’t know though, that’s okay.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #876 on: March 05, 2021, 03:50:53 AM »

Hey, it’s your idea I’m trying to understand.  Maybe you tell me instead what you think is happening to help in getting it across?

First of all let me know how you think a magnet comes about to be a magnet on your table and then we'll go on from there.

« Reply #877 on: March 05, 2021, 03:59:24 AM »

First of all let me know how you think a magnet comes about to be a magnet on your table and then we'll go on from there.

It’s placed in a an external magnetic field.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #878 on: March 05, 2021, 04:06:38 AM »

Ok. Your magnet is on your table, as you say.
What is making it be the magnet that you know it is?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #879 on: March 05, 2021, 04:20:41 AM »

Uh, I've seen and worked with vacuums before.  I've got a vacuum pump right here in my house I can use if I want to work with a vacuum.

I've experienced a vacuum on parts of my body, literally touching a vacuum.

What are you going on about?  Do you really think it's impossible to do such things?  You really have such a tiny, closed mind, unable to grasp anything not literally in your hand.

« Reply #880 on: March 05, 2021, 04:30:49 AM »

Exactly! 

What is happening in your opinion?

Is my understanding of your concept correct -

Is this right?  If not, can you clarify to make it so?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #881 on: March 05, 2021, 04:50:08 AM »

Uh, I've seen and worked with vacuums before.  I've got a vacuum pump right here in my house I can use if I want to work with a vacuum.

What are you going on about?  Do you really think it's impossible to do such things?  You really have such a tiny, closed mind, unable to grasp anything not literally in your hand.
You've never dealt with a vacuum, no matter how much you try to push that line.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2021, 04:51:19 AM »

Not a perfect vacuum. But I've definitely had some experience with vacuum chambers.

And what these vacuum chambers do, to varying degrees, is remove atmosphere from the container and super low pressure environments are created as a result.

Now, one would suspect that with your theory, the lower the pressure, a magnet wouldn't be as strong as it would be in our normal atmospheric environment.

In one video, the Action Lab guy (He does a lot of interesting stuff with vacuum chambers) does an experiment to see if the hovering magnetized object will spin for a different duration in a vacuum chamber as opposed to in our atmosphere.

Here is the object magnetically hovering in the chamber before any pressure is removed:

Here is the object magnetically hovering in the chamber right after he has sealed it in and started the vacuum pump:

Here is the object magnetically hovering in the chamber after a great deal of pressure has been removed:

The object is magnetically hovering at exactly the same strength/height in both scenarios. How can it do that in a significantly lower pressure environment?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #883 on: March 05, 2021, 05:43:03 AM »
Not a perfect vacuum. But I've definitely had some experience with vacuum chambers.

And what these vacuum chambers do, to varying degrees, is remove atmosphere from the container and super low pressure environments are created as a result.
How do they remover atmosphere from the container. I'd like you to simply explain this.

Quote from: Stash
Now, one would suspect that with your theory, the lower the pressure, a magnet wouldn't be as strong as it would be in our normal atmospheric environment.
Is it as strong?
Lowering pressure kills off electromagnetic fields. Why would that be?

In one video, the Action Lab guy (He does a lot of interesting stuff with vacuum chambers) does an experiment to see if the hovering magnetized object will spin for a different duration in a vacuum chamber as opposed to in our atmosphere.

Here is the object magnetically hovering in the chamber before any pressure is removed:

Here is the object magnetically hovering in the chamber right after he has sealed it in and started the vacuum pump:

Here is the object magnetically hovering in the chamber after a great deal of pressure has been removed:

The object is magnetically hovering at exactly the same strength/height in both scenarios. How can it do that in a significantly lower pressure environment?
Because it's not a vacuum or even close to proper lower pressure.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #884 on: March 05, 2021, 06:07:58 AM »

How do they remover atmosphere from the container. I'd like you to simply explain this.

With a pump.

Is it as strong?

Oh, maybe an assumption I had about your theory is wrong. What causes some magnets to be stronger than others is probably the better question?

Look at the dial. It's at least half lower that when it started. The chamber interface kind of blocks the end result of the dial. But in all of his other vacuum experiments I'v seen, he stops the pump when the dial needle rotates all the way around counter-clockwise till its a few ticks above zero, at about the 12:04 mark usually.

I'm confused, do you believe that we can not create lower pressure environments?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #885 on: March 05, 2021, 08:05:36 AM »

LOL.

So you're claiming I have never operated a vacuum pump and never created a vacuum to work with?

Because it doesn't exist?  What ever reason can you have to be so convinced I've never worked with one?

JackBlack

« Reply #886 on: March 05, 2021, 01:52:27 PM »

Instead you remove pressure (note: not all pressure needs to be removed), and keep [high pressure] out.
You are contradicting yourself.
No, that would be you.
You are the one who makes a big deal about it always being high pressure going in.
That means you don't trap low pressure, you keep high pressure out.
It means you release low pressure, you let higher pressure in to equalise it.

If you need a simple analogy to understand it, imagine a room full of people. Now you force all of the people out of the room and close the door.
You haven't trapped emptiness in the room, you have merely kept people out of it.
When you open the door to let the people back in, you aren't letting the emptiness out, you are letting people back in.

There is no contradiction on my part.

However yet again, you have avoided the issue.

Again, this describes the interaction with the 2 attractive vortexes/flow/whatever you want to call it, for your model of how magnets work.
This should cause the magnets to come together and be quite strongly held together, just like the Magdeburg hemispheres.
And continuing with your model, if you then turned both magnets around so the repulsive vortexes face each other, they should repel.

But back in reality, if you turn both magnets around from a position where they attract one another, they still attract one another. If you turn both around from a position where they repel one another, they still repel.

Again, your model fails to explain the observed polarity of magnets.
You need to explain how either 2 attractive vortexes manages to repel one another, or how 2 repulsive vortexes manage to attract one another.

That is your baseless claim you are yet to substantiate in any way.
So have you considered that that isn't the case, and that lowering pressure does nothing to electromagnetic fields?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #887 on: March 06, 2021, 12:48:51 AM »

With a pump.
Explain to me nice and simply how this pump works to enable the container to become lower pressure.

Is it as strong?

Oh, maybe an assumption I had about your theory is wrong. What causes some magnets to be stronger than others is probably the better question?
What is put into them, is the answer.

Look at the dial. It's at least half lower that when it started. The chamber interface kind of blocks the end result of the dial. But in all of his other vacuum experiments I'v seen, he stops the pump when the dial needle rotates all the way around counter-clockwise till its a few ticks above zero, at about the 12:04 mark usually.

I'm confused, do you believe that we can not create lower pressure environments?
We can create lower pressure environments but that's all it is.
The so called near vacuum stuff is far from it.
All you're doing is cutting down on the pressurised vibration of matter inside the container by allowing it to expand out.
How you think it comes out and how I think it comes out, are two entirely different things.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #888 on: March 06, 2021, 12:50:06 AM »

LOL.

So you're claiming I have never operated a vacuum pump and never created a vacuum to work with?

Because it doesn't exist?  What ever reason can you have to be so convinced I've never worked with one?
A vacuum is impossible.
You may have worked with lower pressure. Many people do, even without their knowledge.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #889 on: March 06, 2021, 12:52:50 AM »

No, that would be you.
You are the one who makes a big deal about it always being high pressure going in.
That means you don't trap low pressure, you keep high pressure out.
It means you release low pressure, you let higher pressure in to equalise it.

If you need a simple analogy to understand it, imagine a room full of people. Now you force all of the people out of the room and close the door.
You haven't trapped emptiness in the room, you have merely kept people out of it.
When you open the door to let the people back in, you aren't letting the emptiness out, you are letting people back in.

The room isn't empty so the people left inside are trapped inside and are expanded so less fill the room.
Outside the more compressed people are locked out.

There is no emptiness and never will be.

« Reply #890 on: March 06, 2021, 01:08:32 AM »

Wow that is really helpful... any chance you could be a bit more specific than that?  Preferably so I can use you as my primary source of information and knowledge about the world rather than having to 'Google' stuff or look it up in books.  Because that after all is relying on the nonsense I am told according to you. 

I would much prefer a more trustworthy source of reference such as yourself but just giving 'what is put into them' as an answer to a perfectly reasonable question is not really helping me understand anything. As you keep pointing out we don't have a clue about anything so if we cannot rely on books or the Internet to feed our knowledge then I guess we will just have to trust and rely on you...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:14:37 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #891 on: March 06, 2021, 02:24:56 AM »

Wow that is really helpful... any chance you could be a bit more specific than that?  Preferably so I can use you as my primary source of information and knowledge about the world rather than having to 'Google' stuff or look it up in books.  Because that after all is relying on the nonsense I am told according to you. 

I would much prefer a more trustworthy source of reference such as yourself but just giving 'what is put into them' as an answer to a perfectly reasonable question is not really helping me understand anything. As you keep pointing out we don't have a clue about anything so if we cannot rely on books or the Internet to feed our knowledge then I guess we will just have to trust and rely on you...
Carry on with this guff if you feel better but don't play good cop bad cop, silly.

JackBlack

« Reply #892 on: March 06, 2021, 02:53:13 AM »
The room isn't empty so the people left inside are trapped inside and are expanded so less fill the room.
Appealing to people in the room wont save you.
The people inside don't want to leave. They are not trapped.
It is those outside that are trying to get in, which are prevented from doing so.
When you open the door, you don't let the people inside get out, you let the people outside get in.
That is how it works with pressure and you have made it clear that you know that. So don't try pretending now.

Now again, can you explain the polarity of magnets? What causes either the attractive vortexes to repel one another or the repulsive vortexes to attract one another?

« Reply #893 on: March 06, 2021, 03:02:54 AM »
Carry on with this guff if you feel better but don't play good cop bad cop, silly.

The question was what makes one magnet stronger than another.  Your answer was

Now I am asking you - the all wise, all knowing Sceptimatic exactly what that means because I can't learn anything from what you have said up to now.  You couldn't provide a more vague and meaningless answer if you tried. So if we are to take all other sources of information as nonsense as you say, then what are we lest with?  We have to take guidance from you since you know everything and you are always right.  Except of course when you claim to be a dummy and simpleton.

I don't know what makes one magnet stronger than another so I am looking to you to tell me.  And I'm afraid I need a bit more than just what is put in them.  So please explain.

Another question I have for you is this.  You claim that the Moon and Sun are holographic reflections off a dome surrounding the Earth. OK so when we aim a laser or a radio pulse at the Moon we get a return (reflected) signal just under 3 seconds after.  All good.  Must be reflecting off the dome yes?  So why is it then that if we aim the laser or the radio pulse to the region of sky near to the Moon but not directly at it (say a few degrees away) we get no returned signal.  Or if we aim the laser or radio pulse directly at the Sun we get no return signal either.  One would think if there was some sort of dome surrounding the Earth we would get a returned or reflected signal regardless of which direction we aim the laser of radio pulse. 

One possible explanation for both is that the signal has not intercepted any surface as such that would otherwise cause a reflection of the beam and the Sun is much, much further away from us than the Moon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:15:21 AM by Solarwind »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #894 on: March 06, 2021, 03:07:31 AM »

With a pump.
Explain to me nice and simply how this pump works to enable the container to become lower pressure.

The vacuum pump functions by removing the molecules of air and other gases from the vacuum chamber. This results in a low-pressure environment within the chamber, commonly referred to as a vacuum.

Is it as strong?

I have no idea what that means? What's the what? Why so obtuse?

Does a lower pressure environment make a magnet weaker? That is my assumption from your theory. Is that assumption correct of incorrect?

We can create lower pressure environments but that's all it is.
The so called near vacuum stuff is far from it.
All you're doing is cutting down on the pressurised vibration of matter inside the container by allowing it to expand out.
How you think it comes out and how I think it comes out, are two entirely different things.

How far from it? How do you define a near vacuum?

Does cutting down on the pressurized vibration of matter inside the container make a magnet weaker?

« Reply #895 on: March 06, 2021, 03:59:27 AM »

Exactly! 

What is happening in your opinion?

Is my understanding of your concept correct -

Is this right?  If not, can you clarify to make it so?

Is there a reason you don’t want to try to clarify your model so others can understand it?

Why the reluctance?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #896 on: March 06, 2021, 05:10:04 AM »
Appealing to people in the room wont save you.
The people inside don't want to leave. They are not trapped.

The people inside can't leave.

It is those outside that are trying to get in, which are prevented from doing so.
Only by the  door.

When you open the door, you don't let the people inside get out, you let the people outside get in.
Yep. You let the people back in who you let out in the first place. It's called equalisation.

That is how it works with pressure and you have made it clear that you know that. So don't try pretending now.

Yep, it is how it works.
The problem you have is what you said at first. The room being empty and you know the room cannot be empty of people in this scenario of pressure analogy.

« Reply #897 on: March 06, 2021, 05:13:11 AM »
It can be empty if evrey person inside is randomly walking about a d rheres a doorman grabbing them as they come by and throws them out.
Given long enough, doorman will eventually grab all the people.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #898 on: March 06, 2021, 05:15:22 AM »
Now I am asking you - the all wise, all knowing Sceptimatic exactly what that means because I can't learn anything from what you have said up to now.
Is this charade for your internet buddies?
Are you after a pat on the back?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #899 on: March 06, 2021, 05:18:54 AM »
The vacuum pump functions by removing the molecules of air and other gases from the vacuum chamber. This results in a low-pressure environment within the chamber, commonly referred to as a vacuum.
Explain too me using any analogy that will fit for you how this pump works in removing molecules from the chamber, as you say.

Don't veer away from this, let's get it answered.
I know how it works from my side, I just want you to show that you know it from your side and why.