ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #720 on: February 27, 2021, 02:38:18 PM »
To Sceptimatic I would ask simply this.  If your belief that the Moon is simply a holographic reflection and therefore not a solid physical object then why is it that we see stars disappear behind that part of the Moon which is not illuminated. For example the waxing crescent Moon?  How is it that we often see the unilluminated part of the Moons surface faintly illuminated so we can see the outline of the full Moons disk?

Science has an answer for everything. Unfortunately, flat earthers do not. Sceptimatic us a case in point. I mean, what does he think controls all the tides in the world? A little satellite called the moon? Tides are controlled by the moon's gravitational pull exerting on the earth. What's sceptimatic's fanciful explanation this week? Moon magnetism?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #721 on: February 27, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »

Electrostatics is one way.
Explain what's happening.

Like charges repel, opposites attract.
You're not explaining anything.

I understood it.  I think you're blaming the wrong person for your not being able to understand.

You asked him to simplify it, he did.  Quit asking for people to tell you things if you won't make an effort to understand them.
What did you understand?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #722 on: February 27, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »
You can make an electromagnetic field by wrapping copper wire around and iron nail and attaching one end of the wire to the positive terminal of a battery and the other to the negative terminal.
So you looked it up and came to that conclusion.
Ok, fair enough. Now have a real think about that coil and the nail and think what's happening.

Quote from: Smoke Machine
So, you just want me to conveniently ignore that molten lava comes out of erupting volcanoes, and earthquakes happen along well known tectonic plate fault lines? You also want me to ignore when I've been down mine shafts and it gets hotter the deeper you go......as you get closer to earth's molten core.....
Explain what's happening and why.

The big question, sceptimatic, is how do you know what's at the centre of your earth?
I don't, I can only make assumptions/best guesses. The same as you and the same as all scientists who try to think what's deep down.

Given your propensity for science fiction, I assume you believe what Jules Verne wrote about the centre of the earth in his novel.
You are free to assume what you wish.

I don't operate on anything less than proof.
 You know I don't.
Clearly you do operate on much less than proof. You don't have any for what you're making out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #723 on: February 27, 2021, 02:51:27 PM »

What specifically would you like explained?
What and why it happens.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #724 on: February 27, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »

What and why it happens.

You can do your own google searches on how this all works. But we can't do the same for how your vortex works because your stuff doesn't exist for us to research - You're the only sources. So the easiest path would be for you to describe simply and explicitly how your stuff works and you can look up anything you don't understand from the mainstream perspective.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #725 on: February 27, 2021, 02:57:57 PM »

I fully understand how the 2 outward flowing streams of air would interact to cause a repulsive force. The problem for you is that if you were to turn both magnets around 180 degrees, they still repel, but under your model it would be like putting the nozzles of 2 vacuum cleaners together.
At that point they don't repel, they attract and stick together.

Try it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #726 on: February 27, 2021, 03:00:21 PM »

What is so hard to accept about space being a vacuum?  Go to the top of Everest and the air is much, much thinner than at ground level.  Continue going higher and the trend continues until air density becomes negligible and hey presto you have your vacuum.

No you don't.

Can you explain how gravity works in your so called vacuum?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #727 on: February 27, 2021, 03:01:40 PM »
To Sceptimatic I would ask simply this.  If your belief that the Moon is simply a holographic reflection and therefore not a solid physical object then why is it that we see stars disappear behind that part of the Moon which is not illuminated. For example the waxing crescent Moon?  How is it that we often see the unilluminated part of the Moons surface faintly illuminated so we can see the outline of the full Moons disk?
Wash out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #728 on: February 27, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »

Science has an answer for everything. Unfortunately, flat earthers do not. Sceptimatic us a case in point. I mean, what does he think controls all the tides in the world? A little satellite called the moon? Tides are controlled by the moon's gravitational pull exerting on the earth. What's sceptimatic's fanciful explanation this week? Moon magnetism?
Explain how it works then.
One minute Earth pulls on the moon and the next the moon pulls on the Earth. It's massively mental and laughable.
Any chance you can explain what's happening without using magical mysteries?

Let's see you use your own brain.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #729 on: February 27, 2021, 03:09:26 PM »
You can do your own google searches on how this all works.
Course I could. I often look up what I'm arguing against. This is why I see the stupidity of a lot of it and ask you people to explain in your own words to simplify it. You lot struggle to do that and I know perfectly well, why.

Quote from: Stash

But we can't do the same for how your vortex works because your stuff doesn't exist for us to research - You're the only sources.
That's right. It's not there. Because I use my own brain in its simple ways to see past the skulduggery of a lot of the stuff given out, in my opinion.

So the easiest path would be for you to describe simply and explicitly how your stuff works and you can look up anything you don't understand from the mainstream perspective.
I do but you people start going into a frenzy.

« Reply #730 on: February 27, 2021, 03:27:00 PM »
Wash out.

What does that even mean?  The question was why do stars disappear behind the Moon as it moves eastwards relative to them.  And the reappear on the opposite side of the Moons disk?  If the Moon was just a holographic reflection it would not be solid and therefore the stars would still be visible.  Explain that using 'your' Moon.

No you don't.

No you don't what?

One minute Earth pulls on the moon and the next the moon pulls on the Earth.

No the Earth and Moon both pull on each other all the time.  Not during alternate minutes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 03:36:09 PM by Solarwind »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #731 on: February 27, 2021, 04:02:24 PM »
You can do your own google searches on how this all works.
Course I could. I often look up what I'm arguing against. This is why I see the stupidity of a lot of it and ask you people to explain in your own words to simplify it. You lot struggle to do that and I know perfectly well, why.

But we can't do the same for how your vortex works because your stuff doesn't exist for us to research - You're the only sources.
That's right. It's not there. Because I use my own brain in its simple ways to see past the skulduggery of a lot of the stuff given out, in my opinion.

So the easiest path would be for you to describe simply and explicitly how your stuff works and you can look up anything you don't understand from the mainstream perspective.
I do but you people start going into a frenzy.

Then explain your vortex magnification whatchyamacallit thing in its entirety, simply so that it makes some logical evidentiary and observable sense.

« Reply #732 on: February 27, 2021, 04:07:10 PM »

What is so hard to accept about space being a vacuum?  Go to the top of Everest and the air is much, much thinner than at ground level.  Continue going higher and the trend continues until air density becomes negligible and hey presto you have your vacuum.

No you don't.

Explain beyond the limits of the commbined all knowledge of phsycists?
No
But observable observed observation - yes - it shows air, literal air in the conventional definition, the air we breathe, is not pushing things down.
So if you care to go beyond crush-on-crush then maybe we can all learn more about your denP.

Also
Show us a diagram of your magnetic vortex on a map.
I notice this keeps being avoided.

« Reply #733 on: February 27, 2021, 09:24:27 PM »

Explain how it works then.
One minute Earth pulls on the moon and the next the moon pulls on the Earth. It's massively mental and laughable.
Any chance you can explain what's happening without using magical mysteries?

Let's see you use your own brain.

No. There's nothing I could day that would satisfy your sick agenda. Why don't you make yourself a scaled down model of the earth and moon according to the heliocentric model, to start with, and get to know your enemy?

But I want to see you use your brain for the first time, and explain with your model, what causes Earth's tides. The scientific explanation is a laughable magical mystery to you, so, I'm keen to hear you deliver your far superior explanation. Keep in mind - the tide is low and the moon is high.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:42:24 PM by Smoke Machine »

JackBlack

« Reply #734 on: February 27, 2021, 10:39:06 PM »
I fully understand how the 2 outward flowing streams of air would interact to cause a repulsive force. The problem for you is that if you were to turn both magnets around 180 degrees, they still repel, but under your model it would be like putting the nozzles of 2 vacuum cleaners together.
Try it.
Try putting 2 vacuum cleaners together?
What are you now trying to claim that they magically repel?

You already appealed to the Magdeburg hemispheres which is basically the same issue.

So how about instead of dodging you try to explain it or admit your explanation doesn't work.

Ok, fair enough. Now have a real think about that coil and the nail and think what's happening.
Well it doesn't seem to be caused by any air flow.

This is just a problem of your mindset.
You want everything to be based upon the air, so when you don't have air you then think nothing can work.
The air has no impact on the ability for gravity to work.
This means it doesn't matter if it is a vacuum or not.
This means your question makes no sense at all.

And again with more deflection. Why don't YOU explain your claims.
Trying to explain anything to you like that is pointless because dismiss anything that uses anything which appears to be a pulling force.

« Reply #735 on: February 27, 2021, 10:54:46 PM »

What and why it happens.

What happens -

When a charge moves, a magnetic field is generated.  Repeatedly, quantitatively, and predictably. 

This is the fundamental basis used to design and engineer incredibly advanced electromagnetic machines and equipment.  Everything is built from this simple observation, and we have used it to progress from making metals stick to a wire when a current is passed through, to MRI machines that can volumetrically image the structures of tissues by using incredibly strong magnets to control the spin on water molecules inside your body!

Have a think about that one.  How could such a machine even exist if we are so completely and fundamentally off in our understanding of magnetism? 

As to why it happens -

I don't know why a moving charge creates a reproducible, predictable, magnetic field.  Physicists have shown that it falls out nicely from special relativity and fundamental electromagnetism, which would suggest it is emergent behavior from the basic properties of energy and space time.  That said, that's still not an answer to 'why', and I think the only honest answer I can give is I don't know. 

« Reply #736 on: February 28, 2021, 01:13:46 AM »
There is no point us trying to explain anything to Sceptimatic because of one simple reason.  He doesn't want to belief anything other than his own deluded model.  So whatever we explain and whatever we 'try' it would be thrown back in our face. We will never be able to explain or prove anything to him outside of his own belief system. 

And that's why (to him) he will always be the winner. Another delusion. If someone wants to believe passionately in a particular line of thought then they see whatever evidence is available as supporting that particular line of thought. Equally they will regard anyone elses explanation as simply wrong or a deliberate attempt to mislead them.  The term 'anyone' else in this case could be an individual or a group, regardless of how large.

So that's why Sceptimatic shows such contempt for Earth being a globe.  Or gravity.  If any other explanation other than his own is put to him he will immediately dismiss it as silly nonsense since it does not fit in with his belief framework.  People of this type of mindset will regard all of us as being led through any other belief system as having minds like sheep.  That's where the 'indoctrination' term comes from.  As scientists we build a model to fit the evidence, modifying the model as necessary along the way as new evidence comes to light.  Those like Sceptimatic in contrast start off with a model and then change their interpretation of the evidence until they can make it fit their model.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:39:39 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #737 on: February 28, 2021, 01:37:15 AM »
There is no point us trying to explain anything to Sceptimatic because of one simple reason.  He doesn't want to belief anything other than his own deluded model.  So whatever we explain and whatever we 'try' it would be thrown back in our face. We will never be able to explain or prove anything to him outside of his own belief system. 

And that's why (to him) he will always be the winner. Another delusion.

I agree with the sentiments.  Still, never hurts to explain things to the best of your ability when directly asked.

As for ‘winning’, his concepts, if true, could be demonstrated conclusively in a short afternoon of work.  Instead, he has been arguing for years with strangers.  If he wants to consider that ‘winning’, he is welcome to, but opinions on that would obviously vary. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #738 on: February 28, 2021, 01:48:30 AM »

No the Earth and Moon both pull on each other all the time.  Not during alternate minutes.
A tug of war between rugby players verses kids (Earth and moon) will go one way, never the other.
So don't be giving me the moon supposedly pulling on Earth.
You know it makes no sense.

« Reply #739 on: February 28, 2021, 01:50:30 AM »
Alternative theories to big questions are nothing new. Back in the 20th century we had the Big Bang v Steady State.  One stated the Universe had a beginning while the other stated it didn't and new matter formed galaxies spontaneously as the Universe expanded. Effectively filling in the gaps.

Between the 1920s and the 1960s both seemed plausible in their own way and when Sir Fred Hoyle came to support the Steady State in the 1940s, it really gave it a boost in the acceptance stakes.  But then in the 1960s the CMB was discovered.  Not for the first time in physics more or less by accident.  The discovery of the CMB, which had been predicted by the Big Bang theory wiped the Steady State off the map.

Now having an alternative theory to the shape of the Earth would be definitely a significant achievement and put ones name in the history books.  If only someone could find such a theory that was in any way remotely viable!

No you've got that completely wrong.  I know it makes complete sense.  So do you really.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #740 on: February 28, 2021, 01:50:56 AM »

But observable observed observation - yes - it shows air, literal air in the conventional definition, the air we breathe, is not pushing things down.
So if you care to go beyond crush-on-crush then maybe we can all learn more about your denP.

Denying barometers is what you're doing.
It amazes me how you don't think we are being crushed by atmospheric pressure.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #741 on: February 28, 2021, 01:52:48 AM »
Try it.
Try putting 2 vacuum cleaners together?
What are you now trying to claim that they magically repel?

You already appealed to the Magdeburg hemispheres which is basically the same issue.

Try it instead of waffling.

« Reply #742 on: February 28, 2021, 02:43:06 AM »

A tug of war between rugby players verses kids (Earth and moon) will go one way, never the other.

A tug of war does not involve orbital mechanics.

The moon is in orbit around the earth due to earths greater gravitational pull on the moon. Your mind is closed to orbital mechanics and all things science, so ofcourse the moon orbiting around earth will make no sense to you.

It's like you were held back in pre-school for the last 56 years, destined to repeat your kindergarten lessons over and over til the day you die. All because you refuse to address what happened to you.

You're always welcome to PM me if you want a confidential chat. 

« Reply #743 on: February 28, 2021, 02:50:46 AM »

Denying barometers is what you're doing.
It amazes me how you don't think we are being crushed by atmospheric pressure.

in regards to talking about magnets at this point.

which you are also yet to provide your vortex lines on a map.

« Reply #744 on: February 28, 2021, 03:20:32 AM »

It depends on how you look at that situation.  For an alternative thinker, you are not doing very well are you.  There is more than one way to consider that scenario.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #745 on: February 28, 2021, 03:50:06 AM »

What happens -

When a charge moves, a magnetic field is generated.  Repeatedly, quantitatively, and predictably.
This is the fundamental basis used to design and engineer incredibly advanced electromagnetic machines and equipment.  Everything is built from this simple observation, and we have used it to progress from making metals stick to a wire when a current is passed through, to MRI machines that can volumetrically image the structures of tissues by using incredibly strong magnets to control the spin on water molecules inside your body!

Have a think about that one.  How could such a machine even exist if we are so completely and fundamentally off in our understanding of magnetism? 
I'm not arguing that.
I'm arguing how it starts.

Quote from: sobchak

As to why it happens -

I don't know why a moving charge creates a reproducible, predictable, magnetic field.

Well there you go. This is what I asked.

Physicists have shown that it falls out nicely from special relativity
What exactly is special relativity?
Nice and simple.

and fundamental electromagnetism, which would suggest it is emergent behavior from the basic properties of energy and space time.

Tell me about this spacetime.

That said, that's still not an answer to 'why', and I think the only honest answer I can give is I don't know.
I respect you for saying that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #746 on: February 28, 2021, 03:54:07 AM »

A tug of war does not involve orbital mechanics.

The moon is in orbit around the earth due to earths greater gravitational pull on the moon. Your mind is closed to orbital mechanics and all things science, so ofcourse the moon orbiting around earth will make no sense to you.

It's like you were held back in pre-school for the last 56 years, destined to repeat your kindergarten lessons over and over til the day you die. All because you refuse to address what happened to you.

You're always welcome to PM me if you want a confidential chat.
How about explaining orbital mechanics, nice and simple.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #747 on: February 28, 2021, 03:55:04 AM »

It depends on how you look at that situation.  For an alternative thinker, you are not doing very well are you.  There is more than one way to consider that scenario.
Enlighten me and show me the realism as you see it.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #748 on: February 28, 2021, 04:55:36 AM »

I understood it.  I think you're blaming the wrong person for your not being able to understand.

You asked him to simplify it, he did.  Quit asking for people to tell you things if you won't make an effort to understand them.
What did you understand?

His explanation. You asked for something simplified and he did a good job of boiling it down to the basics.

What confuses you about it? 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #749 on: February 28, 2021, 05:39:04 AM »

His explanation. You asked for something simplified and he did a good job of boiling it down to the basics.

What confuses you about it?
You worry about you. I'm sure sobchak doesn't require babysitting.