ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #570 on: February 21, 2021, 06:52:04 AM »
Yeah to be fair you could apply the same argument towards gravity "magic and invisible" we do feel the force.
We certainly feel the force of air pressure.
I've never felt gravity...have you?
If so, tell me how.

?

Eren

« Reply #571 on: February 21, 2021, 06:54:55 AM »
We feel gravity in terms of weight. You can call the force whatever you like.

I'm interested in your atmospheric compression theory, I'll return when I have time. I don't intend to ridicule you.

Ridiculing ideas is what people do when they are afraid they are not intelligent enough to understand them or debate them honestly.

« Reply #572 on: February 21, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »
Scepti,

You admit that you cannot prove anything about your model and are just putting it forward as a 'theory'. Yet you insist on us giving you 'proof' that the Earth is a globe etc and in the meantime you can only pass your usual disparaging comments about all the evidence we put to you.

Do you know what the difference is between evidence and proof?  If you cannot present 'proof' that your model is correct then don't ask us to prove anything either.

Easy. Logic.
Masses of water and our own motion senses/sensors.

That isn't proof that Earth is not moving is it.  That is just your opinion.  Just because we cannot feel the Earth moving (rotating) doesn't prove it isn't.  Our senses alone are actually quite poor at giving us accurate information.

So what creates the pressure in the first place?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 01:50:15 PM by Solarwind »

« Reply #573 on: February 21, 2021, 11:26:23 AM »
Yeah to be fair you could apply the same argument towards gravity "magic and invisible" we do feel the force.
If so, tell me how.

My hair does not press down with the weight of my entire body - so no, you do not feel air pressure holding you down.
Same reason if you swim to the bottom of a deep end of pool, your ears feel the pressure of the water depth, but your hair and your body arent pushed down more.

JackBlack

« Reply #574 on: February 21, 2021, 12:34:25 PM »
How in the hell can something pull itself together?
By the individual parts of it pulling on each other to form a coherent structure.
How?
Again, this is what you need to explain.
This exercise is not to establish the details of bonding to give you another rabbit hole to flee down.
It is merely to establish the fact that pulling forces DO exist no matter how much you want to pretend they don't.

Now stop dodging.
You have a single link in a chain like in the diagram below.
A force is applied to the link on the right hand side to move it to the right.
How is this force transferred through the rest of the link?
Pulling can explain it easily, with the right side of the link pulling on the left to move it.
But can you explain it without using any pulling force at all?

JackBlack

« Reply #575 on: February 21, 2021, 01:05:59 PM »
The fundamental difference is that air is quite well understood, and we know it doesn't cause what he claims it does.

Ridiculing ideas is what people do when they are afraid they are not intelligent enough to understand them or debate them honestly.
You mean like Scepti does repeatedly with the RE? Where he calls anyone who supports it indoctrinated?

JackBlack

« Reply #576 on: February 21, 2021, 01:06:46 PM »
Quote from: Solarwind
  You know.  The Sun moves across the sky from east to west.  You can see that as well as I can.  How can you prove it is not the Earth rotating that causes that motion we observe.
Easy. Logic.
Can you justify that garbage at all?
Because you do not feel motion. I'm not saying that as we don't feel Earth moving, but as we do not have a sense to detect motion.
All you are able to feel is acceleration, but for the rotating round Earth, that merely makes it slightly oblate and changes your apparent weight slightly. It is by an amount that sensitive instruments can easily detect it, but far too little for a human to detect it.
So your "senses" would be useless for determining that Earth is in motion.

Water would be likewise useless, other than by using sensitive equipment to measure the change in weight of a constant mass of a liquid. A simple experiment was done with a gnome and that showed the expected weight variation.

So unless you can explain just how that magically proves Earth is not rotating, you have nothing, like always.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we are spinning on a globe.
Except all the evidence you choose to dismiss as fake, because you don't like it as it doesn't agree with you.
Guess what? That changes nothing.
What there is no evidence to support is your delusional fantasy.

It absolutely beggars belief that older people don't question this.
No, it doesn't. Because hopefully they actually understand it and don't just dismiss it because they don't like it.
They understand it is supported by plentiful evidence.

Because it doesn't explain anything satisfactorily.
You are yet to provide a single thing that the mainstream model can't explain.
Meanwhile the garbage you try to replace it with explains nothing.

Why a tilt in the first place, is what I'm saying.
No, you were saying why do we have seasons.
Now you are trying to shift that to the formation of Earth.
Why should it spin perfectly aligned with its orbit?

The simple fact is there is an axial tilt. This produces the observed change in elevation angle of the sun at solar noon throughout the year.

but it does not make any rational sense.
You hating it and wanting it to not be real doesn't magically mean it doesn't make sense.

If you want to claim it doesn't make sense you need to explain why, just like I have done repeatedly for your delusional nonsense.

As for magnets.
My theory is simply a atmospheric vortex that creates a consistent push from the centre of Earth, outwards (not on a spinning globe, obviously).
Any attempt to try to explain magnets needs to also explain their polarity, ferromagnetism, diamagnetism and paramagnetism (i.e. how different materials will react to magnets differently), and how changing the magnetic field, such as by moving a magnet, you create an electrical current, and by how using an electric current, you create a magnetic field.

Remember how you sat in the bath and you took out the plug then let it fall back towards the plug hole till you heard a big clunk where the water pressure pushed it into the lower pressure  outlet.
And this now shows your explanation to be nonsense. Notice how when you are in that bath tub, the water carries everything with it? Notice how if you have 2 plugs they don't magically get stuck together away from this vortex, and instead it is only the plug getting stuck in the hole.
This is nothing like magnetism.

What you would need is a vortex where air is rapidly pushed through the magnet itself such that other magnetic things interact with this flowing air.
It needs to flow through to give you the 2 poles that magnets have. Without that you have no directionality and either you magically create air or magically destroy it.

You then need an explanation for why different materials respond different to this field, including why some materials do not react differently to a vortex of air flowing to them or away from them, and why some materials will be drawn towards the source while others will be repelled.

And of course why these vortexes exist in the first place.

No gravity required in any of this.
Why would gravity be required for magnetism?

Stop pretending that everything in the mainstream model is gravity.
Just because you want to pretend everything in your delusional nonsense is air doesn't mean we think everything is gravity.

JackBlack

« Reply #577 on: February 21, 2021, 01:07:20 PM »
Hardly unfelt.
No, just directly contradicting yourself yet again.

For your FE, this should produce a sideways force. (instead of the normally downwards force you claim air normally provides except when it decides to push up instead)
It clearly needs to be quite significant due to what we observe magnets doing.
So no, this magical vortex of yours is not felt.

Walking around with a globe and turning yourself as you do, is nonsensical. It does not show anything real because it means you are manipulating the globe and space  when there is no way to realistically make that work.

Good job refuting yourself.
Notice how on the right side, the top is pointing to the right, away from the sun which is to the left?
Notice how on the left side, the top is pointing to the right, which it now towards the sun to the right?
And at the front and back you have it tilting perpendicular to the direction to the sun.
This shows what the RE model says.
The tilt remains the same in space, and the change in relative position of the sun changes the tilt relative to the sun.

No. Your body position does not change your weight.
That is the point she was making.
If it was simply air pressure pushing you down, it SHOULD change, but it doesn't.
This shows it is not simply air pressure pushing you down.

But we all know the more fundamental issue is that the air is all around, so there is no reason for it to push you down. Instead, due to the pressure gradient it should push you up.

By laying down you are pushing much less height into atmosphere but you are pushing more area over your horizontal body mass.
Again, why the magical directionally?
Why do you magically only push the air up for it to push you back down?

I have no issue with answering questions from my side.
Until it gets to the point where you can't think of an answer which doesn't make your model look like garabge.
For example, you have massive issues with these questions:
Why is there a pressure gradient in the atmosphere?
Why does the air push an object down, especially for an object on a wall, or ceiling or in mid air?
Why does the air push in a direction opposite the pressure gradient of the atmosphere?
Why does the air then sometimes push an object up, in accordance with the pressure gradient?
Why does the air otherwise push based upon a pressure gradient?
Why is the downwards force proportional to mass, rather than volume or area?
Why does removing air around the object make it heavier?
Why does removing air from inside an object, such that it displaces more air, make it lighter?
How does the air magically push on an object that is covered by another object to create a pressure gradient?
How does a barometer work?
How does a chain link hold itself together without a pulling force?

And that is just for this 1 topic. There is plenty more when you include other topics.
All questions you have serious issues with answering as they attack the fundamental heart of your model/claims.

Yes, such as wind blowing in our face and blowing our hair around, producing a quite noticeable force on the part of your body in the direction that the wind is coming from.
We don't feel this with whatever force makes us go down.
We can even feel this while sky-diving with the air pushing us up and slowing us down, and easily see the effect on parachutes.

But that is more relative motion rather than pressure.
For normal atmospheric pressure, it isn't felt in the sense of producing any kind of sensation.

One thing we certainly don't feel with the air is it magically pushing us down.
No, but I have felt the force of the ground pushing me up.

A key thing you need to realise is that your senses aren't magic. They don't just magically detect any force.
Instead you detect forces being transmitted through your body.
The air pushes on the outside of your body and then your body transmits that force through your body.

But gravity, in free fall, acts on the entirety of your body and your body doesn't not transmit any significant force.
It is only when you are standing on the ground that you then feel it.

?

Eren

« Reply #578 on: February 21, 2021, 01:40:24 PM »
Sceptimatic I'm not comfortable posting on a site where posts are deleted at a whim.

Is this the only site you post on or is there another one that allows the free exchange of ideas?

?

Eren

« Reply #579 on: February 21, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »
You know you are quite bright Jack, you also Sceptimatic. Maybe I will hang around.

« Reply #580 on: February 21, 2021, 04:07:09 PM »
In my book, my logic is stripping down to the basics and seeing the reasoning and working.

OK taking that as a definition of logic.  How then do you account for how pressure in the atmosphere is created. Or how the holographic images of the Sun and Moon in your model are created?  Stripping it down to the basics, what causes these holographic images to circle around in the sky?  How do we even see these images?

Explain your reasoning and working behind what you believe.  According to your logic of course.  Equally explain to me how the global model does not explain day and night or the seasons as we experience them.  Not based on your personal preference or belief but based on the logic. In other words forget anything to do with what we are told.  Base it purely on what we see. Is it logically possible to explain what we see regardless of our location on Earth by considering that we live on a rotating globe which is huge compared the size of us?
I could explain but it will be lost on you in terms of discarded as pointless, so I won't bother going that full on route.

What I will do is give you snippets to look at and see where we go from there.
What I mean by this is, what Earth is, is what we see and perceive in everyday life. It's just a case of marrying it all up.

So, I suggest you look up what is classed as a planetarium and see how that works.

Have a good look and then come back to me, then we can inch forward.

I understand how a planetarium works it requires a projector, where is this projector located?
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #581 on: February 22, 2021, 01:43:18 AM »
If so, tell me how.

My hair does not press down with the weight of my entire body - so no, you do not feel air pressure holding you down.
Same reason if you swim to the bottom of a deep end of pool, your ears feel the pressure of the water depth, but your hair and your body arent pushed down more.
When you attempt to show you understand one little bit, I'll re-engage with you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #582 on: February 22, 2021, 01:44:29 AM »
The fundamental difference is that air is quite well understood, and we know it doesn't cause what he claims it does.

You mean like Scepti does repeatedly with the RE? Where he calls anyone who supports it indoctrinated?
We're all massively indoctrinated. Stop taking it as a personal attack. I include myself in this.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #583 on: February 22, 2021, 01:46:07 AM »
  You know.  The Sun moves across the sky from east to west.  You can see that as well as I can.  How can you prove it is not the Earth rotating that causes that motion we observe.
Easy. Logic.
Because you do not feel motion. I'm not saying that as we don't feel Earth moving, but as we do not have a sense to detect motion.

I'll leave it at that in this case. Obviously you just want to deny you have a sense for motion.
This is why it's difficult to answer your posts.

« Reply #584 on: February 22, 2021, 01:50:36 AM »
If so, tell me how.

When you attempt to show you understand one little bit, I'll re-engage with you.

Nice way to dodge the very basic observable reality.
You continually insisting that air will go around the hair - because "reasons"  - while ignoring all measurable and observable information is astounding

?

Eren

« Reply #585 on: February 22, 2021, 01:51:35 AM »
Sceptimatic could you please explain why surface area doesn't correlate with weight in your atmospheric compression theory?

I think you're far too interesting to pass up an opportunity to talk to.

If I'm understanding correctly then the atmosphere is pushing us down instead of gravity. Why then wouldn't our body position determine our weight?

Unless and I'm going out on a whim that in your theory it's about how much total atmosphere is displaced so that body position wouldn't determine weight but the total surface area and how much atmosphere is displaced by an object that determines its weight.

If this is the case I have a few more questions. You are certainly making me think.

« Reply #586 on: February 22, 2021, 01:52:34 AM »

We're all massively indoctrinated. Stop taking it as a personal attack. I include myself in this.

Just because it was "spoon fed on a platter" doesnt negate that its wrong and is not a valid argument.
I have no issue turning on a computer that i didnt build myself or driving a car that i didnt build myself.

« Reply #587 on: February 22, 2021, 01:53:54 AM »
Easy. Logic.

I'll leave it at that in this case. Obviously you just want to deny you have a sense for motion.
This is why it's difficult to answer your posts.

You feel accelleration.
Try not to confuse velocity with it you disengenuous pos.

« Reply #588 on: February 22, 2021, 01:55:46 AM »
Sceptimatic could you please explain why surface area doesn't correlate with weight in your atmospheric compression theory?

If I'm understanding correctly then the atmosphere is pushing us down instead of gravity. Why then wouldn't our body position determine our weight?

Unless and I'm going out on a whim that in your theory it's about how much total atmosphere is displaced so that body position wouldn't determine weight but the total surface area and how much atmosphere is displaced by an object that determines its weight.

If this is the case I have a few more questions. You are certainly making me think.

Ohoo i have a feeling where this is going...

Also... im probably going to AR/ banning again.
Haha

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #589 on: February 22, 2021, 01:55:51 AM »

Walking around with a globe and turning yourself as you do, is nonsensical. It does not show anything real because it means you are manipulating the globe and space  when there is no way to realistically make that work.

Notice how on the right side, the top is pointing to the right, away from the sun which is to the left?

None of it is tilted to the right or left, it's tilted away at the top and towards at the bottom...and that's it.
There should be no change from that point except for your so called Earth spin.

The only way to physically see a pole change on that diagram would be to manipulate it to wobble about as it moves.
What force is doing that?

This is the nonsense that is put into stuff like this.
Any rational person can hold a globe with outstretched arms and sidestep around a light/lamp and see for themselves how the globe angle does not change. The spin would change what areas on that globe are illuminated but the top would never move from its angled position away from it and obviously the bottom would stay the same.

Only manipulation changes anything and it's a con job.

?

Eren

« Reply #590 on: February 22, 2021, 02:07:42 AM »

Ohoo i have a feeling where this is going...

That makes one of us, I'm just trying to understand what he believes for now.

« Reply #591 on: February 22, 2021, 02:22:22 AM »
Well its good because it takes severval (10s of 100s of) reiterating the same question until we get sesnsble tidbits from him.

?

Eren

« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2021, 02:30:00 AM »

None of it is tilted to the right or left, it's tilted away at the top and towards at the bottom...and that's it.
There should be no change from that point except for your so called Earth spin.

The only way to physically see a pole change on that diagram would be to manipulate it to wobble about as it moves.
What force is doing that?

Sceptimatic I don't understand this reasoning. A very simple experiment can show that the tilt axis does change relative (relative is very important) to the sun.

An incredibly easy experiment to do would be to hold your right arm out pointing to the right. Then stand at the left side of an object, your right arm will be pointing towards the object. Then stand to the right side of the object, your right arm will be pointing away from the object.

Your body position hasn't changed at all however relative to the object you are pointing towards it in the first instance and away from it in the second instance. This is the same way the earths tilt stays exactly the same but changes relative to another object.

I wholeheartedly agree that the earth wobbling would be absurd. The earths spin doesnt effect the axial tilt. The earth always spins on the same tilt. It's the orbit around the sun which changes it.

According to the heliocentric model which I accept that you believe is false.

« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2021, 05:24:14 AM »
Of course observing a ball being dropped doesn't prove gravity exists. It would be incredibly foolish to assume it does.

I've read a little bit about the accelerating earth theory and have to admit I was impressed by how clever it is.

Dropping a ball proves that the ball falls at roughly 9.8 metres per second squared, nothing else.

Could you explain how magnets pull then? I'm not exactly full bottle on it.

I have no idea why the earth is tilted. We came to the 23.5° tilt because it matches our observation of the sun.
A tilt makes no sense, right?
Of course, it fits observations as we're schooled into but it does not make any rational sense.

As for magnets.
My theory is simply a atmospheric vortex that creates a consistent push from the centre of Earth, outwards (not on a spinning globe, obviously).

I'll make this simple.

Imagine your plug hole is the centre of your Earth. You push out the plug that is stopping a high pressure meeting lower pressure.
You now allow that to be filled.
You compress the air in the waste hole by the denser water being pushed down it by the above atmosphere.
The water cannot fully push the compressed air out in one go so the air pushes back and pushes the water to the sides and creates a vortex.

The vortex is string at the plug hole and much weaker as it spans out, but still there.

Now, it's all about trapping atmosphere into certain materials that can create an imbalance in that vortex., or basically putting the plug in.

Remember how you sat in the bath and you took out the plug then let it fall back towards the plug hole till you heard a big clunk where the water pressure pushed it into the lower pressure  outlet.

Think of it like a magnet.
Now imagine being under that and trying to push that plug out. A massive repelling, right?

Create a vortex on a grand scale and you can create all kinds of movements and attractive/repellant forces, all created by one energetic push.

So two spinning objects having a relative tilt makes no sense, but a magic, invisible, unfelt atmospheric vortex does?

I mean come on, you aren't even trying here.
Hardly unfelt.
The thing is we are well away from the main vortex.
We are moving around towards the middle to outer of the sink and being able to navigate that with our own energies.
Planes do it by using the higher strength of the vortex to sail along on it to reduce fuel and go quicker.

So there is some big atomspheric vortex, with its center at the north pole?

And magnets somehow interact with this?  How?  What happens with two magnets brought near each other?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2021, 06:59:15 AM »
Of course observing a ball being dropped doesn't prove gravity exists. It would be incredibly foolish to assume it does.

I've read a little bit about the accelerating earth theory and have to admit I was impressed by how clever it is.

Dropping a ball proves that the ball falls at roughly 9.8 metres per second squared, nothing else.

I have no idea why the earth is tilted. We came to the 23.5° tilt because it matches our observation of the sun.
Of course, it fits observations as we're schooled into but it does not make any rational sense.

As for magnets.

I'll make this simple.

Imagine your plug hole is the centre of your Earth. You push out the plug that is stopping a high pressure meeting lower pressure.
You compress the air in the waste hole by the denser water being pushed down it by the above atmosphere.
The water cannot fully push the compressed air out in one go so the air pushes back and pushes the water to the sides and creates a vortex.

The vortex is string at the plug hole and much weaker as it spans out, but still there.

Now, it's all about trapping atmosphere into certain materials that can create an imbalance in that vortex., or basically putting the plug in.

Now imagine being under that and trying to push that plug out. A massive repelling, right?

Create a vortex on a grand scale and you can create all kinds of movements and attractive/repellant forces, all created by one energetic push.

So two spinning objects having a relative tilt makes no sense, but a magic, invisible, unfelt atmospheric vortex does?

Hardly unfelt.
We are moving around towards the middle to outer of the sink and being able to navigate that with our own energies.
Planes do it by using the higher strength of the vortex to sail along on it to reduce fuel and go quicker.

And magnets somehow interact with this?  How?  What happens with two magnets brought near each other?
Atmospheric imbalance.

« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2021, 07:03:40 AM »

As for magnets.

I'll make this simple.

Hardly unfelt.

Atmospheric imbalance.

hmm, how does this generate a force between two magnets?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2021, 07:09:34 AM »

Put your lips over a bottle and evacuate a little bit of air so the air in the bottle becomes less pressurised.
Now your lips are stuck to the bottle top like a magnet...right?

Atmospheric imbalance.

« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2021, 07:14:54 AM »

Put your lips over a bottle and evacuate a little bit of air so the air in the bottle becomes less pressurised.

Atmospheric imbalance.

hmm, can you describe the above with two solid magnets? 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2021, 07:42:22 AM »

Atmospheric imbalance.

The magnets absorb atmosphere like a funnel and as long as there is a way out it creates a high to low pressure difference.
Basically like opening your front door and finding your back door is already slightly ajar.

Except this is an ongoing change whilst the magnet is still acting like a funnel.

This is as basic as I can put it.
There's a lot more to it but I'm giving you a mindset.
Mock it if you want but it may help you to try and understand it so you don;t get left back like kabool regularly does.

« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2021, 09:13:23 AM »

Atmospheric imbalance.

The magnets absorb atmosphere like a funnel and as long as there is a way out it creates a high to low pressure difference.
Basically like opening your front door and finding your back door is already slightly ajar.

Except this is an ongoing change whilst the magnet is still acting like a funnel.

This is as basic as I can put it.
There's a lot more to it but I'm giving you a mindset.
Mock it if you want but it may help you to try and understand it so you don;t get left back like kabool regularly does.

wait, still not basic enough, can you clarify?

So atmosphere is funneling through the magnet, like through two doors or through a turbofan, or is it funneling into the magnet, like into a drain?