ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2021, 08:12:54 AM »
Here is what happens if you put a scale in partial vacuum. Please note, these videos make sceptitank cry.

Ouch! 

How did he handle this?  Ignore it or bring in scale fairies?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2021, 08:17:35 AM »
Here is what happens if you put a scale in partial vacuum. Please note, these videos make sceptitank cry.

Ouch! 

He wanted me to perform the experiment again with an unpowered food scale. Since I didn’t he said everything was invalid.

I already had to use two different materials as weights because of him.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2021, 08:26:59 AM »

Ouch! 

He wanted me to perform the experiment again with an unpowered food scale. Since I didn’t he said everything was invalid.

Ah yes, of course.

If you don’t control for the digital scale fairies the experiment is worthless. 

Makes total sense. 

JackBlack

« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2021, 12:07:34 PM »
The only one spouting nonsense here is you.
Then don't bother with me. Blank me.
Again, I care about the truth and thus will object to your nonsense.
If you want me to stop then either stop spouting nonsense or justify it.

I have repeatedly explained why your nonsense is wrong, and you just continue to ignore it because you want to pretend it is correct to pretend all of science is wrong.

Once more, you have accepted that there is no significant difference in the exterior volume of the object. You did this by admitting the amount of water displaced is negligible.
This means for the air outside the object, there is no significant difference in the amount of air displaced by moving/accelerating the object.
This means the sole difference in amount of air displaced will come from the air inside the object, and a hollow object with air inside demands that more air is displaced when you move the object, and you even admitted this.

This means that according to your nonsense by displacing more air, you get less resistance. That is the nonsense you need to justify (and then justify the exact contradiction due to larger objects).

Conversely, inertia, where it requires a force to accelerate a mass with that force proportional to the mass, works just fine.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »

If you honestly wanted to know how gravimeters work, you could go read about them and learn.

But you don't do that and just beg people here to explain how they work instead, and everyone knows it will go over your head.

Why so lazy?  Do your own research.  Come back when you understand how they function.

I'm not begging you people for anything.
I'm merely saying that you lot have no clue about gravimeters and what they supposedly do. You only know what you read about and accept it as truth.

No, you keep asking for people to explain it to you, then you just can't understand it and tell everyone they aren't making any sense.

Why don't YOU explain how gravimeters function?  If you actually understand it as you claim.  Lets hear it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2021, 05:56:26 PM »

Ouch! 

Ah yes, of course.

Makes total sense.

Here's some more gravity exists fun to go along with vacuum experiments, some centripedal spinning:

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2021, 09:22:06 PM »

If you want me to stop then either stop spouting nonsense or justify it.

I'm not bothered whether you stop or not. I'm just saying....if you want to play honestly then half a topic of copy/paste isn't helpful to you, with me.
I'll just pick one bit. It's easy for me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2021, 09:23:43 PM »

If you honestly wanted to know how gravimeters work, you could go read about them and learn.

But you don't do that and just beg people here to explain how they work instead, and everyone knows it will go over your head.

Why so lazy?  Do your own research.  Come back when you understand how they function.

I'm merely saying that you lot have no clue about gravimeters and what they supposedly do. You only know what you read about and accept it as truth.

No, you keep asking for people to explain it to you, then you just can't understand it and tell everyone they aren't making any sense.

Why don't YOU explain how gravimeters function?  If you actually understand it as you claim.  Lets hear it.
Why don't you people actually explain to show what you say, is real. Or just explain it from your point of view, instead of putting up silly equations to supposedly make up a reality that you cannot prove.

Honesty.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2021, 09:25:31 PM »

Ouch! 

Ah yes, of course.

Makes total sense.

Here's some more gravity exists fun to go along with vacuum experiments, some centripedal spinning:

hat's not gravity.
The longer you people go, the weaker you lot get.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2021, 09:29:16 PM »

Ouch! 

Ah yes, of course.

Makes total sense.

hat's not gravity.
The longer you people go, the weaker you lot get.

What is it then, denpressure?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2021, 10:42:54 PM »

Like swinging a bucket around and the water stays in. Yes, it's denpressure.
How in the hell you can put that down to gravity...well, only you know.

« Reply #281 on: February 09, 2021, 10:59:14 PM »

Ouch! 

Ah yes, of course.

Makes total sense.

That is actually super cool.  The control pilots can have is really impressive. 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #282 on: February 09, 2021, 10:59:40 PM »

In a sense, it's like artificial gravity. Just curious how denpressure explains it.

« Reply #283 on: February 09, 2021, 11:00:44 PM »

I would love to hear how denpressure works in the plane example, will you regale us?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2021, 11:00:59 PM »

In a sense, it's like artificial gravity. Just curious how denpressure explains it.
I will explain it but first you tell me what you mean by artificial gravity and how you know this is what it is?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2021, 11:01:44 PM »

I would love to hear how denpressure works in the plane example, will you regale us?
Absolutely, just as soon as stash clears up this fictional gravity thing that can be artificial.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2021, 11:06:49 PM »

I will explain it but first you tell me what you mean by artificial gravity and how you know this is what it is?

Ok, how's this, it's like artificial denpressure. Now how does denpressure explain the phenomena?

Heres' the equation for centripetal force for reference, in a gravity based world:

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2021, 11:08:03 PM »

Ok, how's this, it's like artificial denpressure. Now how does denpressure explain the phenomena?

Heres' the equation for centripetal force for reference, in a gravity based world:

Explain it to me, please.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #288 on: February 09, 2021, 11:18:25 PM »

Look it up. There's tons out there for you to review. I'm not doing your homework for you. The problem is I can't look up denpressure as nothing exists to address this otherwise I would and wouldn't have to ask. How does denpressure explain this force? Some sort of de-"stacking" business, with sponges? I have no idea.

In actuality, your initial response was wrong - The water in the bucket swinging on a rope thing would be centrifugal; moving away from a center. We're talking centripetal, moving toward the center. How does denpressure move to the center?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2021, 11:25:36 PM »

Look it up. There's tons out there for you to review. I'm not doing your homework for you. The problem is I can't look up denpressure as nothing exists to address this otherwise I would and wouldn't have to ask. How does denpressure explain this force? Some sort of de-"stacking" business, with sponges? I have no idea.

In actuality, your initial response was wrong - The water in the bucket swinging on a rope thing would be centrifugal; moving away from a center. We're talking centripetal, moving toward the center. How does denpressure move to the center?
Explain how its moving to the centre?

The only way I could see anything moving towards a centre is due to a vortex. You know, like something going down a plug hole.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2021, 11:57:22 PM »

Gravity. And dependent on your frame of reference. This is my interpretation, because it's kinda complicated - It involves actual physics, which is not necessarily my forte: As the liquid is being poured into the cup (the frame of reference) in a gravitationally downward vector toward a center mass as gravity does, the plane (not the frame of reference) is literally rotating around it. Others feel free to correct my interpretation.

The only way I could see anything moving towards a centre is due to a vortex. You know, like something going down a plug hole.

That's fine that that's the only way you can see it doing that, a vortex. But you're seeing it and it is not a vortex. And we can see it's not going down a plug-hole. So what does denpressure have to say about it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2021, 03:42:40 AM »

Gravity. And dependent on your frame of reference. This is my interpretation, because it's kinda complicated - It involves actual physics, which is not necessarily my forte: As the liquid is being poured into the cup (the frame of reference) in a gravitationally downward vector toward a center mass as gravity does, the plane (not the frame of reference) is literally rotating around it. Others feel free to correct my interpretation.

That's fine that that's the only way you can see it doing that, a vortex. But you're seeing it and it is not a vortex. And we can see it's not going down a plug-hole. So what does denpressure have to say about it?
It can only be a vortex. The plane itself creates it, not the man holding a bottle over a cup.

Like I said, it's like swinging a bucket of water around, only the plane is the swinger.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2021, 04:06:33 AM »

Why don't you people actually explain to show what you say, is real. Or just explain it from your point of view, instead of putting up silly equations to supposedly make up a reality that you cannot prove.

Honesty.

Honestly? We don't explain it top you because you have a track record of simply ignoring it and not even trying to understand it.

See, you did it right there... people try and show you the math and you just call them silly and made up.

Why would anyone take the time to carefully explain something complex after you respond like that? Why bother taking you seriously?

The information is out there.  If you can't understand how a gravimeter works, and looking it up still leaves you confused... that's not anyone's problem but your own.  If you are unable or unwilling to learn things on your own, then any debate with you is just going to be throwing mild insults back and forth.

JackBlack

« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2021, 04:12:39 AM »
if you want to play honestly then half a topic of copy/paste isn't helpful to you, with me.
You are the one not being honest. If you want to pick one bit, try picking the bit that is actually relevant to the topic rather than continually deflecting.

Once more, you have accepted that there is no significant difference in the exterior volume of the object. You did this by admitting the amount of water displaced is negligible.
This means for the air outside the object, there is no significant difference in the amount of air displaced by moving/accelerating the object.
This means the sole difference in amount of air displaced will come from the air inside the object, and a hollow object with air inside demands that more air is displaced when you move the object, and you even admitted this.

This means that according to your nonsense by displacing more air, you get less resistance. That is the nonsense you need to justify (and then justify the exact contradiction due to larger objects).

Conversely, inertia, where it requires a force to accelerate a mass with that force proportional to the mass, works just fine.

JackBlack

« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2021, 04:16:07 AM »
You mean INERTIA!
Just how does your denspressure BS explain this?

Inertia explains it trivially.
The plane goes around in a circle such that the cup and water bottle are always away from the centre, with the cup further away. This requires an acceleration to have it continue in this circular path, as I had already shown to you before in another thread, and you simply ignored because you couldn't show any fault with it.
For the cup, this acceleration is provided by the plane it is sitting on. For the bottle it is by the hand. But the water doesn't have anything to accelerate it directly by any significant amount so it appears to fall.

Even something as simple as swinging a bucket around is explained trivially by inertia, but makes no sense with your nonsense.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2021, 04:23:36 AM »
Honestly? We don't explain it top you because you have a track record of simply ignoring it and not even trying to understand it.
I'd say you lot have a track record of playing games, so shall we argue that and you can tit for tat me and then we can have a dig over other stuff?
Or maybe you can explain what a gravimeter does from your own knowledge and use of one.....or, at least explain why you know it works as they tell you, without just saying " oh I just know it."

Quote from: JJA

Why would anyone take the time to carefully explain something complex after you respond like that? Why bother taking you seriously?

You don't have to respond to me. You choose to. Feel free to deck out when you're ready. I'm not holding you to ransom for any input.

The information is out there.  If you can't understand how a gravimeter works, and looking it up still leaves you confused... that's not anyone's problem but your own.
I could look up all kinds of stuff to do with dinosaurs and galaxies and black holes and...well, you know. So am I supposed to just accept that as truth?

If you are unable or unwilling to learn things on your own, then any debate with you is just going to be throwing mild insults back and forth.
I'm more than willing to learn but I'd prefer to learn about the potentials for what our reality actually is.
I'm trying to do that and none of it involves a globe....as you know. It also doesn't involve gravity, as you know.

You are willing to absorb whatever you believe comes from authority. You'll argue black and blue that you believe it because you've done the calculations what were handed to you and will argue that those calculations fit in with what those in authority told you.

You know in your heart and mind that you are simply parroting.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2021, 04:26:03 AM »

Once more, you have accepted that there is no significant difference in the exterior volume of the object.

The exterior volume is the atmosphere.

JackBlack

« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2021, 04:28:33 AM »
I'd say you lot have a track record of playing games
Because that is the kind of game you love to play. Projecting your own inadequacies onto others.

What we have a track record of is actually explaining things and providing logical arguments and/or evidence to justify our claims/refutations of yours. And that something you severely lack.

I'm more than willing to learn
Again, if that was the case you would have accepted your denpressure nonsense doesn't work to explain reality.
You would actually pay attention to and engage with the explanations that are provided.
Instead you just dismiss or ignore anything that shows you are wrong, even though you cannot show any problem with it.
That shows you are not willing to learn.

Even now, you still act like the globe cannot possibly be real, even though you have no actual argument against it.
Again, that shows you are not willing to learn.
If you were, you would at least accept the possibility that it could involve a globe.

Now again, can you explained observed inertia with your denp nonsense?

JackBlack

« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2021, 04:29:41 AM »
The exterior volume is the atmosphere.
I was trying to use a word to clearly indicate I mean what post people think of as volume so you stop pretending the volume is different. The point is the amount of air around the object displaced is basically the same. You have admitted that with your comments regarding the displacement of water.

« Reply #299 on: February 10, 2021, 05:29:06 AM »
I think scepti is describing things in a more (w)holistic manner then you are familiar with.

I cannot say I fully understand what scepti's viewpoint is, but in regards to the "volume equals volume but also doesn't" misunderstanding - I think I can clear that up.

I think Scepti is saying that although the amount of the atmosphere displaced by any 2 objects with identical volume (and differing weight) is the same, the amount of atmosphere they move around as they move ( the amount of atmosphere they, newly, displace/move) is different - which is their proposed mechanism for the "equal opposite" demonstration on the skateboard/dolly.

If scepti (and others) is correct, then the recoil in a vacuum will always be nothing and there are intuitive/logical/rational musings/reasoning on why this might be the case.  But without demonstration / testing / validation it is merely speculation (and many demonstrations exist to, at least potentially, challenge this assertion)

The most important thing about this claim is that it can be relatively easily put to the test, and this question (unlike the vast majority of them on this site) can actually be answered instead of the profitless endless flapping of the gums.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:32:36 AM by jack44556677 »