ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist

• 2289 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: ANOTHER EXPERIMENT: Gravity Doesn't Exist
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2021, 12:21:58 PM »

Two objects with the same VISUAL area may appear to take up the same visual space.

I'm waiting excitedly to hear about the non-visual area and the magical, invisible space.   

:)
Well let's deal with it.
If you see 2 painted cubes that look identical taking up the same area to your vision.... but on closer inspection you find one is a hollow metal box and the other is a full cube of metal , which one is displacing more air?

If I put each in a container of water, they would each displace the same amount of water. So I presume they each are displacing the same amount of air in the atmosphere as well, no?
No they wouldn't.

So you're saying they wouldn't displace the same amount of water and they wouldn't displace the same amount of air in the atmosphere? If so, how come?

« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »

Two objects with the same VISUAL area may appear to take up the same visual space.

I'm waiting excitedly to hear about the non-visual area and the magical, invisible space.   

Well let's deal with it.
If you see 2 painted cubes that look identical taking up the same area to your vision.... but on closer inspection you find one is a hollow metal box and the other is a full cube of metal , which one is displacing more air?

Is the hollow box metal sealed or open to the surroundings?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:33:50 PM by sobchak »

JackBlack

« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2021, 01:25:53 PM »
So you're saying they wouldn't displace the same amount of water and they wouldn't displace the same amount of air in the atmosphere? If so, how come?
I think he is saying it would displace the same amount of water, but not the same amount of air, because he is saying the air inside doesn't count as displaced.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:35:15 PM by JackBlack »

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2021, 04:11:55 PM »

Well let's deal with it.

If I put each in a container of water, they would each displace the same amount of water. So I presume they each are displacing the same amount of air in the atmosphere as well, no?
No they wouldn't.
Yes they would.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2021, 10:18:37 PM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

If they each displace an equal amount of water when submerged in a container why wouldn't they each displace an equal amount of air in the atmosphere?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2021, 10:21:22 PM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

If they each displace an equal amount of water when submerged in a container why wouldn't they each displace an equal amount of air in the atmosphere?
They wouldn't displace an equal amount  of water on their own, in the scenario I gave.

The reason for this is down to them not equally displacing atmosphere.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2021, 11:52:48 PM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

They wouldn't displace an equal amount  of water on their own, in the scenario I gave.

Just to make sure we're specifically talking the same scenario:

"2 painted cubes that look identical taking up the same area to your vision.... but on closer inspection you find one is a hollow metal box and the other is a full cube of metal , which one is displacing more air?"

- Two painted cubes, (I guess "painted" as in "airtight"?)
- Both are visually the same size. (And if measured, the same size, right?)
- One is solid, one is hollow

1) I have a container of water larger than a cube.
2) I submerge the solid cube into the container, measure the displacement. It equals X
3) I submerge the hollow cube into the container, measure the displacement. It equals X, the same as the solid cube

You're saying, "No, they would not measure the same displacement"? If so, why?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2021, 02:43:29 AM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

"2 painted cubes that look identical taking up the same area to your vision.... but on closer inspection you find one is a hollow metal box and the other is a full cube of metal , which one is displacing more air?"

2) I submerge the solid cube into the container, measure the displacement. It equals X
3) I submerge the hollow cube into the container, measure the displacement. It equals X, the same as the solid cube

Because the solid cube has little saturation of air inside its dense makeup and so takes up and compresses a lot of air due to its dense mass resistance against it and using water as a foundation, it is pushed down with the water being unable to counteract that push down by squeezing it back up against that atmospheric push against dense mass of the cube.

The hollow cube has massive saturation of air  which means much less resistance to atmosphere around its exterior skin due to resistance of atmosphere trapped inside of it.
It means the atmosphere pushes back against the cube which uses the water as a foundation and the water can resist that push, leaving the cube to be buoyant.
Basically the crush down cannot overcome the crush up with the hollow cube.

JJA

• Math is math!

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2021, 05:22:26 AM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

Because the solid cube has little saturation of air inside its dense makeup and so takes up and compresses a lot of air due to its dense mass resistance against it and using water as a foundation, it is pushed down with the water being unable to counteract that push down by squeezing it back up against that atmospheric push against dense mass of the cube.

The hollow cube has massive saturation of air  which means much less resistance to atmosphere around its exterior skin due to resistance of atmosphere trapped inside of it.
It means the atmosphere pushes back against the cube which uses the water as a foundation and the water can resist that push, leaving the cube to be buoyant.

A sealed, hollow steel 10 cm cube will not float in water if the walls are more than 0.45 cm thick. 

With walls any thicker than this, the hollow and solid cube will displace exactly the same volume of water when immersed. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:30:51 AM by sobchak »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2021, 10:51:38 AM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

Ok, hmmm. A lot of words. I'm not sure what they mean by how you have strung them together. Buoyancy has nothing to do with the question. I don't care if one sinks and one floats. They are both submerged by whatever means. Period. Both displace water based upon their shape and size.  I'm simply asking about the volume of the cubes. The question is, do they both displace the same amount of water being that they are the same measurable size and airtight?

So, are you saying that they don't displace the same amount? Simple yes/no.

JackBlack

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2021, 01:39:57 PM »
The hollow cube has massive saturation of air
Only if it was constructed in air.
It is quite possible to construct it in a very low pressure environment (i.e. vacuum), so it has negligible air inside.

Remember, displaced air is not the same as mass.

Now again, stop deflecting and deal with the massive flaw in your nonsense.

Again, a low density object will displace more air when it is moved according to your nonsense (as it displaces the air inside and outside).
This should make it resist more.
Why does it resist less?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2021, 12:39:49 AM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

A sealed, hollow steel 10 cm cube will not float in water if the walls are more than 0.45 cm thick. 

With walls any thicker than this, the hollow and solid cube will displace exactly the same volume of water when immersed.
10cm is a lot of dense mass.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2021, 12:41:20 AM »

Ok, hmmm. A lot of words. I'm not sure what they mean by how you have strung them together. Buoyancy has nothing to do with the question. I don't care if one sinks and one floats. They are both submerged by whatever means. Period. Both displace water based upon their shape and size.  I'm simply asking about the volume of the cubes. The question is, do they both displace the same amount of water being that they are the same measurable size and airtight?

Now you're playing on words.

How about you give me a scenario and do not miss anything out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2021, 12:42:28 AM »
It is quite possible to construct it in a very low pressure environment (i.e. vacuum), so it has negligible air inside.

Again, a low density object will displace more air when it is moved according to your nonsense (as it displaces the air inside and outside).
Why does it resist less?
You're just not getting it...or you are but are pretending not to.

JackBlack

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2021, 12:44:32 AM »

Why does it resist less?
Due to your complete inability to refute what I have said, nor answer my extremely simple questions, I quite clearly am.

So can you explain why a denser object which displaces less air when it moves (or equal if we ignore your nonsense) resists more?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2021, 12:54:23 AM »

I already gave you the exact scenario. Do they both displace the same amount? Sinking, floating, buoyancy, don’t care. I’m talking just volume. Do the same sized airtight cubes, one hollow, one solid, displace the same amount when submerged in a container of water? Simple as that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2021, 12:56:15 AM »

Why does it resist less?
Due to your complete inability to refute what I have said, nor answer my extremely simple questions, I quite clearly am.

So can you explain why a denser object which displaces less air when it moves (or equal if we ignore your nonsense) resists more?
Twisting is wasting your own time.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2021, 12:57:12 AM »

I already gave you the exact scenario. Do they both displace the same amount? Sinking, floating, buoyancy, don’t care. I’m talking just volume. Do the same sized airtight cubes, one hollow, one solid, displace the same amount when submerged in a container of water? Simple as that.
Understand volume from my side before you carry on.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2021, 01:05:08 AM »

Understand volume from my side before you carry on.

I do. It has to do with porosity. But the question is both cubes are the same size, airtight, one hollow, one solid, do they displace the same amount? If you say they don’t based upon some porosity difference, how so? Both are airtight. Therefore porosity is the same, right?

JackBlack

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2021, 01:05:19 AM »

Why does it resist less?

Twisting is wasting your own time.
So perhaps you can stop twisting and start actually dealing with the issue.
If you want to pretend that a more dense object displaces (i.e. MOVES) more air when it moves, go ahead. But remember, on the outside it is the same. All you have to establish a difference is the inside, and as the lower density you claim has air inside it, moving the lower density object will move that air as well.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2021, 01:25:50 AM »

I do. It has to do with porosity. But the question is both cubes are the same size, airtight, one hollow, one solid, do they displace the same amount? If you say they don’t based upon some porosity difference, how so? Both are airtight. Therefore porosity is the same, right?
Answer this question.

If you were to have two cubes exactly the same size...one is a sponge with larger holes in it all the way through and the other has tiny holes in it al the way through.

If both were dropped into water, which one would displace the most?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2021, 01:26:32 AM »

So perhaps you can stop twisting and start actually dealing with the issue.

Come back to me when you have something to offer.

JackBlack

« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2021, 01:32:52 AM »
I have already offered it and you just keep on running away.

Again, how does displacing more air result in less resistance?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2021, 01:46:04 AM »

Take notice of the last post.

« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2021, 02:23:00 AM »

Yes they would.
No they would not.

10cm is a lot of dense mass.

The solid block would mass at around 8 kg.  The sealed hollow box with 4.5 mm sides would weigh about 1 kg. 

Despite have differing masses, both would displace the exact same amount of fluid, 1 L, when submerged. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2021, 02:37:23 AM »

The solid block would mass at around 8 kg.  The sealed hollow box with 4.5 mm sides would weigh about 1 kg. 

Despite have differing masses, both would displace the exact same amount of fluid, 1 L, when submerged.
Wrong.

Let me explain why. Use your brain.

A container ship ready to load will displace a lot less water that the same ship when loaded with containers.
Why?
Because you've added more mass against the atmosphere by pushing out the atmosphere from the empty ship and made it more difficult for the water to resist that push.

Now think about this with your hollow and solid block.

JackBlack

« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2021, 03:26:26 AM »

Take notice of the last post.
Why?
We aren't talking about sponges.
We are talking about air tight objects.
They move the same air on the outside when you move them, and the only distinction would be any air trapped inside.

Now again, HOW DOES DISPLACING MORE AIR CAUSE LESS RESISTANCE?

A container ship ready to load will displace a lot less water that the same ship when loaded with containers.
Why?
Because it isn't submerged.
This is because it is too light.
As you increase the weight, you need to displace more water (or higher density fluid) to have the same buoyant force. But eventually you reach a point where the water isn't dense enough and the ship sinks, displacing the same volume.

There is no need for your magic atmosphere which you have repeatedly failed to defend and fled from threads destroying your nonsense.

« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2021, 03:27:48 AM »

Wrong.

You are entitled to believe whatever you want.  Maybe in your imagination fairies are dancing through the atmosphere dropping pixie dust on objects to make them float.  So be it but who cares really.

The fact is that a cube of steel with side length 10 cm will weigh about 8 kg and when dropped in a vessel of water, will sink to bottom, and the measured displacement in the vessel will be 1 L. 

If a sealed, but hollow steel cube of the same size, and a wall thickness of 4.5 mm is also dropped in water, despite its total weight being only slightly greater than 1 kg, will also sink to the bottom of the and create a measured displacement of 1 L. 

This is just the way things are.  Deal with it or pretend whatever you want, but it won't change anything one way or another.

Sorry.