Why do you think the earth is flat?

• 28 Replies
Why do you think the earth is flat?
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:28:52 PM »
Hi everybody,

I wish to know why you think the earth is flat?

Thx,
S.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
Re: Why do you think the earth is flat?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 01:05:26 AM »
That’s a very good question that needs an answer, though I’ll tell you now it won’t be a simple one. This is an interesting article that gives some insight into your question.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/11/16/us/flat-earth-conference-conspiracy-theories-scli-intl/index.html

Given the times we live in making correct decisions based on the best available evidence is crucial. Getting people to accept the evidence is another thing. Problems happen when people start to no longer believe in either the evidence or those that collect it. Problems also arise when self interest groups put out false information, as in oil companies over the reasons for climate change and the recent case of the Republic party at the behest of Trump rejecting election results.
We are all in the midst of a major catastrophe with others unfolding, if we can’t all agree on the action to be taken due to sections of the population not believing in expert testimony then we are all due for a slow downward spiral to oblivion.
To show how blind some people can be even after millions of people have contracted COVID 19 worldwide and approaching 500,000 have died in the USA alone there are still a significant number of people who think COVID-19 is a hoax. What drives then to think that? The answer may well be the same as what drives people to imagine the earth is flat.

Really…..what a laugh!!!

Mattathome

• I love this site, it goes round and round...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 02:50:51 AM »
Another answer can be simple ego. 

Here in these forums and other sanctuaries many of the believers label themselves as scientists that promote revolutionary contrasts to what has long been established as simple knowledge.  They praise each other and within the inner circles their ground breaking research is fascinating and provocative.  Outside of those spaces however, is the more familiar approach to these theories as they are ridiculed and insulted on a regular basis.

I've been lurking on these forums for years now, and from the many topics I've read I can honestly say that many of these believers probably don't believe FET but stay anyway because here they are respected, highly intelligent, and reward each other for their free-thinking theories.  They can't give that up, because they need that identity and attention.
Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

Why are you clicking that?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 10:37:36 PM »
When i was young, i always liked to look into mysterious phenomenon and was interested in anomalies and science. I felt like something was wrong i the world and thought maybe this was why - because the truth was being hidden, or something to that effect. I went on to here about real reports of perpetual motion machines and free energy. When cold fusion came out, that clenched it for me, and i wanted to learn about this stuff.

So i went on searching far and wide for other parts of the story, not mentioned because they seemed to contradict the commonly taught system of science and it's limitations, reading bits and peices here and there about electrolevitation, pyramids, etc.   So when i heard about flat earth, and then noticed an add in the Nexus magazine talking about that science where you only account for what you see your self, or only what you can see and feel...its a common word on this forum but can't remember it, i decided to check out the flat earth web site and believed the guy when he said he could see too far, considerring the curvature - i believed him, or something about it felt true.

I read the bible and came across a verse about the 4 corners and said to myself - its flat. this opened my eyes and now i have on occasion seen great distances - even at the ocean which should be level, and the curvature of 8 inches(mile^squared) does not seem to be there.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 06:07:17 AM »
Another answer can be simple ego. 

That's what I figure.

It sucks to be an everybody's man. We ain't a part of the owners of this country -- they own us. You and I aren't in the special club. We don't have immense wealth at our disposal. Yadda yadda.

But... perhaps you and I possess knowledge that hardly anyone else does: the earth is flat, duh!

It makes these people feel good to be a part of something seemingly special, something larger than themselves. Even if it's stupid and obviously false. 
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 06:40:57 AM »
Anyone that needs to ask the question is clearly living in their parents basement and not looked out a window

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 05:59:33 PM »
Careful, there, shifter - replies like that tend to make you look foolish
and simple minded. Here's a question for you, and I can't
wait to see what curved and silly logic you're known for in your response :
I've been on top of Pike's Peak - 14,115'. Why can't I see New York City ?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 06:05:22 PM »
Are you still on Pike's Peak?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 11:56:31 AM »
Not at this moment.
How about an answer to the question ?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 12:42:45 PM »
If you're not on top of Pike's Peak how am I supposed to know what you can see?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 02:16:32 PM »
I think I'll wait for anyone else to reply,
spacecowgirl - I don't think you understand the question
and are just replying to ... I don't know, you're bored ?
:
It's common knowledge that from Pikes Peak, on a clear day,
you can see across eastern Colorado to Kansas.
Why can't I see Chicago, or New York City ?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 03:04:09 PM »
Is it snowing up there? You must be freezing.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 03:45:17 PM »
well, this is certainly typical of FE'es. Confronted
with an actual scientific question - no one replies.
They are on other posts making fun  of people.
Contributes to why they are not taken seriously.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
Dan, can I call you Dan? Dan, are you trying to write a haiku?

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 04:42:42 PM »
Dan is a poet for a generation.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Ego-Smack-Sequel

• Among the oldest of the millenials
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 01:17:14 AM »
For me, source 1 bible, God said let there be a firmament to separate the waters above from the waters below. God said the earth is fixed & un moveable. Source 2 operation FISHBOWL. A leaked document stated how high up was the " glass ceiling" that they hit but couldn't break thru during the 1962 high altitude nuclear strikes test by usa & russia. Source 3 was the very old sailing discoverers & map makers put in their journal a place at the north thst was not able to sail thru move thru or nothing at the 4 islands with the highest mountain in the center and where the rivers would take you to the drain in the ocean where no wind could help the sails escape it's flow with descriptive statements by many different sailors from many dif time periods. Admiral byrd talked about hollow earth which I believe it's a hollow flat but circle plane stationary earth not to be confused with globe.
Scottish,irish,german American capricorn open independent mind truth seeker researcher Trump supporter, H.F.E. Advocate, spiritual christ following empathy, enemy of Baal leader\founder human militia group protector of mankind m.m.a.trained 1st degree brown belt,

Mattathome

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 01:39:25 AM »
For me, ... confused with globe.

It would seem you're very easily convinced.
Seeking Truth, but refusal to believe...that is paradoxitradalsensationimorbididiocyalism.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 06:53:13 AM »
For me, source 1 bible, God said let there be a firmament to separate the waters above from the waters below. God said the earth is fixed & un moveable. Source 2 operation FISHBOWL. A leaked document stated how high up was the " glass ceiling" that they hit but couldn't break thru during the 1962 high altitude nuclear strikes test by usa & russia. Source 3 was the very old sailing discoverers & map makers put in their journal a place at the north thst was not able to sail thru move thru or nothing at the 4 islands with the highest mountain in the center and where the rivers would take you to the drain in the ocean where no wind could help the sails escape it's flow with descriptive statements by many different sailors from many dif time periods. Admiral byrd talked about hollow earth which I believe it's a hollow flat but circle plane stationary earth not to be confused with globe.

Why do you believe in a fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible?

Why do you trust that one specific leaked document?

Why do you trust the solitary, uninformed perspectives of a few people from centuries ago?

And why a hollow flat Earth?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 07:02:40 AM »
Not at this moment.
How about an answer to the question ?

Maybe you should get your eyes checked. You could have cataracts

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 02:18:48 PM »
More trite , smart-ass comments.
Still don't get an answer.
What are you afraid of ?

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 03:18:34 PM »
Have you seen Samuel Rowbotham?

Also I hear his calves were like they were chiseled from stone, I get the allure of following that tower of a man.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 04:57:14 PM »
Dan, that was really close to a haiku!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 05:46:26 PM »
More trite , smart-ass comments.
Still don't get an answer.
What are you afraid of ?

FIFY:

More trite, smart-ass note
I still don't get an answer
What? Are you afraid?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2021, 06:56:16 PM »
Stash wins the haiku challenge!

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2021, 05:01:25 PM »
So long, losers ... too afraid to answer 1 simple question. No wonder people keep laughing at you. Yes, you are all fucking idiots.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 05:38:08 PM »
Dan, why did you give up on your haiku? You were getting so close!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 05:44:16 PM »
So long, losers ... too afraid to answer 1 simple question. No wonder people keep laughing at you. Yes, you are all fucking idiots.

Dan, do not go far
Come back, I will answer all
Every secret you seek

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »
Wow, what a moron
Express concern for his eyes
He spits the dummy

Know your place

Mattathome

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2021, 08:19:35 PM »
Dan left us too soon
And he went back to Pike's Peak
I miss Dan so much