An LGBT Discussion Thread

• 138 Replies
?

Jamie

• Retired
Re: An LGBT Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 03:39:03 PM »
Okay, i won't lie anymore. You are right. I havent thought a lot about this when I posted it, and I was ashamed admitting i am wrong

All good.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
Okay, i won't lie anymore. You are right. I havent thought a lot about this when I posted it, and I was ashamed admitting i am wrong

Hey, live and learn man, it's all good. 8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »
Just don't ask me about the gay agenda. It's a secret.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2020, 07:24:00 AM »
I'm sure it's as terrifying as it is fabulous.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2020, 08:43:14 AM »
What are you planning, and why is it the destruction of the world's remaining population of sugar gliders?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2020, 11:36:30 AM »
What are you planning, and why is it the destruction of the world's remaining population of sugar gliders?

Gays don't like the competition.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »

The extermination of sugar gliders is merely a distraction.

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2021, 03:29:05 PM »
I think I'm the only gay guy on these forums.

Highly unlikely. There should be exactly 99.0 gay forum members based on the exceedingly precise statistic of 10% of any population being gay, which is totally accurate because so many people repeat it.

Whoud be nice if you listed source

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2021, 03:33:50 PM »
But I agree, I think he's confused as to what gay means

No, i am not. I knew what it meant form the begining of this thread. I made mistake of writing gay when meant any other form of sexual minority.

And that dog persion was meant to be analogy.

And jackblack, why do you claim clothing is sexist?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2021, 08:14:16 PM »
In more than a few cultures, men wear dresses. It's no big deal for them. It's just 'The West' who seem to take issue

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2021, 12:27:46 AM »

Highly unlikely. There should be exactly 99.0 gay forum members based on the exceedingly precise statistic of 10% of any population being gay, which is totally accurate because so many people repeat it.

Whoud be nice if you listed source
It is sarcasm.
Here is an example:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/05/10-per-cent-population-gay-alfred-kinsey-statistics

And jackblack, why do you claim clothing is sexist?
Not clothes themselves, but the idea of saying only one particular sex can wear a certain item of clothing is.
It is discrimination based upon sex, i.e. sexism.

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2021, 12:54:45 AM »
In more than a few cultures, men wear dresses. It's no big deal for them. It's just 'The West' who seem to take issue

Yeah, but they don't wear it for trans reasons

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2021, 12:57:46 AM »
but the idea of saying only one particular sex can wear a certain item of clothing is.

Why? Men and women have diffirent bodies so diffirent clothing is natural thing. Also, it is just appropriate thing to do realy.

Is coming to work in some company in dirty worker clothing and getting looked upon discrimiation aganist worker class?

JackBlack

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2021, 02:08:05 AM »
but the idea of saying only one particular sex can wear a certain item of clothing is.
Why? Men and women have diffirent bodies so diffirent clothing is natural thing. Also, it is just appropriate thing to do realy.
Not in the slightest.
For that you mainly get differently shaped torsos.
Just what about a woman's body makes them uniquely suited to wearing dresses and what about a man's body makes them not suited for wearing dresses?
Absolutely nothing.

It is entirely cultural, with society/culture making up sexist standards and acting like they should all be obeyed.
In the not-to-distant past, it was quite strange for a woman of class to be wearing anything other than a dress. But look how society has changed, not being fine with them wearing pants.

Is coming to work in some company in dirty worker clothing and getting looked upon discrimiation aganist worker class?
That depends on what work you are doing and if that dirt is appropriate for the work.

Yeah, but they don't wear it for trans reasons
And men in the west can wear dresses without wanting to be women.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2021, 02:15:30 AM »
About the only thing a man could wear that a woman cant or would be pointless to is a codpiece. Apart from that, there is no reason I should not be able to go outside rocking a boob tube and a short skirt with heels  8) How would that affect anyones life?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2021, 02:35:40 AM »

Let's see if we can push you further out on the limb.

Is it inappropriate to you if Shifter decides to take his wife out to a nice dinner, he wearing a fetching foral blouse with a matching skirt and highheels and she wearing a pinstripe suite with a silk red tie and wing-tip shoes? None of which seem to have any negative physical effects due to different body types.

If so, why? Does that offend you in some way? If so, why?

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2021, 03:26:39 AM »
ITT: literally only straight people debating about LGBT people (although at least the opinions are alright for the most part!) .

Also it is endlessly amusing how the conservatives here also get upset about men wearing dresses, but they get hard over these guys:

(It is a traditional tsolias outfit, they used to be the select forces of the army during the time of Greek liberation, and these days they constitute the presidential guard)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:30:21 AM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2021, 03:33:10 AM »
Oh didn't know you are gay. I guess that means is not literally only straight people debating about LGBT. Also I'm bi.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2021, 05:13:15 AM »
That depends on what work you are doing and if that dirt is appropriate for the work.

I meant working in some banking or office job

Is it inappropriate to you if Shifter decides to take his wife out to a nice dinner, he wearing a fetching foral blouse with a matching skirt and highheels and she wearing a pinstripe suite with a silk red tie and wing-tip shoes? None of which seem to have any negative physical effects due to different body types.

Yes, it whoud be a problem for me. But i guess he whoudn't do it realy

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2021, 05:21:56 AM »

Yes, it whoud be a problem for me. But i guess he whoudn't do it realy

The question would be why does it 'bother' you... How are you affected by my attire? Is my wife wearing the suit and wingtip shoes less a problem for you?

While I don't know you, I'd say if me being comfortable in any attire including a floral blouse really grinds your gears then the problem isn't me, but you. Are you irked only if you see me in a dress out somewhere? Or just the knowledge or thought that I'm wearing a dress out? lol. Maybe me wearing a dress somehow threatens your own masculinity? If so, you are the one with an issue to work through. It speaks to your own insecurities. Not me wearing a dress.

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2021, 05:32:39 AM »
Oh didn't know you are gay. I guess that means is not literally only straight people debating about LGBT. Also I'm bi.

There's at least two of us!

Very technically, I'm bi too. But for me it's like having a very, very strong preference for pie over cake. Would you bother to explain the nuance of that preference to people, or would you just say you like pie?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 05:35:32 AM by Jamie »

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2021, 06:42:00 AM »

Apart from women requiring clothes that take into account hips and breasts, there's no reason that any clothes are classed as male or female. I'm wearing a three piece suit right now, to match with my son. He sometimes likes to combine a tutu with his suit and has requested a pink shirt next time I buy him a new one, turns out his body is perfectly capable of wearing a tutu, doesn't make his penis fall off or anything.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2021, 06:44:15 AM »

There's at least two of us!

Very technically, I'm bi too. But for me it's like having a very, very strong preference for pie over cake. Would you bother to explain the nuance of that preference to people, or would you just say you like pie?

Wouldn't it be nice if nobody cared if you liked pie or cake?  Be nice if people didn't have to hide the fact they like cake if they want a job at a company who's CEO likes pie.  Cake eaters can't wear pants.  Pie eaters aren't allowed to like flowers.  It's all dumb.

Personally, I am fond of pie shakes.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2021, 07:21:27 AM »
Is anyone else here old enough to remember when "gay" used to mean "happy" and "queer" used to mean "unusual"?
Yeah, me.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2021, 08:50:13 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if nobody cared if you liked pie or cake?  Be nice if people didn't have to hide the fact they like cake if they want a job at a company who's CEO likes pie.  Cake eaters can't wear pants.  Pie eaters aren't allowed to like flowers.  It's all dumb.

Personally, I am fond of pie shakes.

I agree, but pragmatically, we live in a world where it does matter, which is both understandable and unfortunate.

It's probably why no one in several years has known I was gay till I told them -- I've become exceptionally good at hiding it. I had to become good at that.

Queer kid growing up in the Midwest? Not fun nor easy. Having to attend church once or twice or thrice a week just to be told that gays will burn in hell? Not the best thing to hear when you're nine-years-old. Getting your ass kicked for being a faggot? That was just a part of the weekly school routine.

I came into this world exactly as I am and it was hostile towards people like me. I don't get it, but it's just my reality. I'm really glad it's changing, though, even if it's a little too late for people like me who were stamped under a metaphorical boot for decades.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 08:54:46 AM by Jamie »

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2021, 09:03:27 AM »
While I don't know you, I'd say if me being comfortable in any attire including a floral blouse really grinds your gears then the problem isn't me, but you. Are you irked only if you see me in a dress out somewhere? Or just the knowledge or thought that I'm wearing a dress out? lol. Maybe me wearing a dress somehow threatens your own masculinity? If so, you are the one with an issue to work through. It speaks to your own insecurities. Not me wearing a dress.

What whoud be diffirence between knowing you do that and seeing you do same thing? And i never get that "theat to your own masculinity" argument"?

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »
Also, form which thread was this transfered btw?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »
Also, form which thread was this transfered btw?
From the Scientific evidence that the Earth is flat thread. Because this conversation was a pretty gigantic derailment from the topic and seemed to merit its own conversation.

Also, you should ask yourself why the way someone chooses to dress themselves has the power to bother you. That's a lot of control over your own psyche that you are giving to the rest of the world, and for what?

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
Thanks. And it doesn't activly bother me as you might want to belive. I just think it is wierd for men to wear a dress

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »
Thanks. And it doesn't activly bother me as you might want to belive. I just think it is wierd for men to wear a dress
It's weird that anyone wears clothes at all. Have you seen the rest of the animal kingdom? We're pretty unique in this whole clothes-wearing habit we have.