Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Cobra Kai...
« on: November 24, 2020, 01:30:41 AM »
Is pretty freaking good.

That is all.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Stash

Re: Cobra Kai...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 01:43:33 AM »
Is pretty freaking good.

That is all.

I've really enjoyed it, seen a bunch of episodes. I especially like its self deprecating not taking itself too seriously aspect. Very meta and surprisingly funny.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 03:30:09 AM »

Well I saw a trailer for this and promised myself that under no circumstances would I ever ever watch this, and seeing as I am in a bad and confrontational mood today and this is the internet, that makes me right, and no matter what you say or whatever arguments you put forward, or however many fake friends you drum up to counter this doggerel, I don’t care.

And for context I hated Karate kid, and ET and Michael Jackson, but I was sad for Bambi, they never even ate her FFS.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

High Priestess of the “Society for the Promotion of Arbitrary Moderation” (SPAM)

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 05:19:03 AM »
Is pretty freaking good.

That is all.

I've really enjoyed it, seen a bunch of episodes. I especially like its self deprecating not taking itself too seriously aspect. Very meta and surprisingly funny.
I think they pull off the fine line between  self deprecating irony and not such a total wink-to-camera that it ruins it.

If it was just all heavy handed "Hey guys, memba the 80s?  Memba the Karate Kid?  Memba wax on wax off?" it would be shit.

I will say Ralph Macchio has a very limited range though  :P  However William Zabka is excellent - I really hope he gets some more work on the back of this, as he's a very fine comedy actor.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
I liked it. Only seen the first few episodes but it's good

And that's saying something because normally I would not be into this teen high school drama series genre. But they have made it work.

I also like how the antagonist in the movie is now the protagonist lol.

Must watch the rest...
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 12:47:28 AM »
For fans of the movie. This actually has a point

Daniel is the REAL bully

Also, after seeing some episodes of this Cobra Kai series, Daniel seems like a bit of a dick here too lol
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself