The Great Reset

• 168 Replies

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: The Great Reset
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2020, 02:30:16 PM »
Fox News isn't a conspiracy theory website. I know this conspiracy is getting traction, it has been for months. I do not know what you are arguing about.

Are you saying Fox News doesn't push and promote conspiracy theories?

They are pushing a BIG one right now, the conspiracy theory that democrats committed mass election fraud.

They were a huge promoter of Birtherisim.

Bengazi?

Death panels?

The deep state is constantly being talked about.

Oh yeah and how Hillary strangled Seth Rich in bed.

The whole Charlottesville thing was staged by actors.

I could go on and on. 

Hannity and others are not news. They are entertainment and not to be taken seriously. Fox admits this openly.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2020, 03:06:22 PM »
No, you dingbat. I said "Fox News is not a conspiracy theory website." I said it a couple times, then you make up something I didn't say so you can argue against it.  Here, learn something https://owl.excelsior.edu/argument-and-critical-thinking/logical-fallacies/logical-fallacies-straw-man/ 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2020, 03:25:47 PM »
Remember this:
You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

Just apply that to Hannity and any other opinion shows on FOX News.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2020, 03:50:50 PM »
Okay, but what has that got to do with them being "a conspiracy theory website"?  JJA is saying this conspiracy is only being discussed by his uncle Joe and conspiracy theory websites.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2020, 04:34:33 PM »
Actually, that was more for JJA.  FOX News doesn't promote conspiracy theories, but some of the opinion shows, like Carlson and Hannity, do.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2020, 04:53:12 PM »
You can't cuck the Tuck!

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2020, 03:25:56 AM »
Fox News and Sky are not conspiracy theory websites, you dingdong. They've been talking about it since July. Also Will Sommer is the conspiracy theory guy for The Daily Beast. I've been following him for years.

Fox News is absolutely deep in the conspiracy ecosystem. Conspiracies and lies are Hannity and the rest's bread and butter.
Whatever you think of it, it is the most watched network.  So your "uncle Joe" could well be talking about it over dinner.  It is not some fringe conspiracy site, it is mainstream, which is SC's point.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2020, 05:40:48 AM »
No, you dingbat. I said "Fox News is not a conspiracy theory website." I said it a couple times, then you make up something I didn't say so you can argue against it.  Here, learn something https://owl.excelsior.edu/argument-and-critical-thinking/logical-fallacies/logical-fallacies-straw-man/

I'm pretty sure Fox News has a website.  Also pretty sure they push conspiracy theories on there.

https://www.foxnews.com/

Not sure why you are splitting hairs here, my point is that the company Fox News pushes conspiracy theories, on both their cable channel and their web site. It's not at all surprising that Fox would be covering conspiracy theories, on any of their media entities.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2020, 07:58:04 AM »
Your original point was that The Daily Beast hadn't covered it because "uncle Joe" and conspiracy theory websites were the only ones talking about it. My point is that Fox is not a conspiracy theory website, they are mainstream media.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »

And The National Enquirer is a mainstream news source too.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »
No they're not.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
Your original point was that The Daily Beast hadn't covered it because "uncle Joe" and conspiracy theory websites were the only ones talking about it. My point is that Fox is not a conspiracy theory website, they are mainstream media.

Fox is absolutely not a mainstream media site, they are a right-wing propaganda station that includes pushing anti-democratic conspiracy theories.

They cover conspiracy theories because that is their purpose, to spread disinformation that helps the ring wing.

So yes, conspiracy theory media are the only ones that cover all the crazy conspiracies until they get big enough to be noticed by the mainstream media.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2020, 04:59:10 PM »
As a news outlet, FOX News is fairly mainstream.  They were one of the first outlets to call Arizona, and ultimately the election, for Biden.  As an opinion outlet, they spread right-wing propaganda and batshit crazy conspiracy theories.  Why is it so hard to understand that they can be both?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:02:02 PM by markjo »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »
Fox News is absolutely mainstream media. Just because you don't agree with their political bent doesn't change that fact. All corporate media spreads propaganda. Google "mainstream media" and see which ones show up on the list.

Since you are so fond of making up your own definitions, does CNN covering the great reset in 2013 count as mainstream media coverage? https://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/politics/great-reset-obama-inauguration/index.html  OH look, they covered it again in Sept of this year https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/economy/how-covid-changed-capitalism/index.html

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2020, 10:42:53 AM »

So having the “expert” Steven Emerson on the Justice with Jeanine Pirro show saying "In Britain there are not just 'no-go zones', there are actually cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim, where non-Muslims just simply don't go in." Isn't peddling conspiracies?
Bearing in mind that this city is where my wife (non Muslim) got her degree.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2020, 01:00:48 PM »
No, I said "Fox News isn't a conspiracy theory website". Is there some kind of disconnect going on here? JJA said that The Daily Beast hadn't covered The Great Reset because only "uncle Joe" and conspiracy theory websites were talking about it. I said Fox News and Sky aren't conspiracy theory websites, they're mainstream media.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »

So they are a mainstream media but one that pushes conspiracies, that's got to be worse?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2020, 02:27:53 PM »
Sure, but that is irrelevant.  JJA is saying The Daily Beast hadn't covered The Great Reset yet because only uncle Joe, and conspiracy theory websites were talking about it.  He's basically saying nobody knew about The Great Reset except places like FES (which he'd consider a conspiracy theory website). Fox News (and other major media) have been talking about The Great Reset for several years.

Do you think I'm defending Fox News? Is that the disconnect? If you go back and read from here https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=87417.msg2292592#msg2292592  you should be able to see what the disagreement is. Has nothing to do with the content Fox promotes, but that the conspiracy has been in the mainstream media for months now.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »

Ah, okay, my bad. thought you had gone mad there.

The Guardian (UK) had a bit about it in June. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/03/pandemic-is-chance-to-reset-global-economy-says-prince-charles

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »
Yay! lol

We can all thank Justin Trudeau for making this go even more viral.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2020, 03:35:25 PM »
Sure, but that is irrelevant.  JJA is saying The Daily Beast hadn't covered The Great Reset yet because only uncle Joe, and conspiracy theory websites were talking about it.  He's basically saying nobody knew about The Great Reset except places like FES (which he'd consider a conspiracy theory website). Fox News (and other major media) have been talking about The Great Reset for several years.

Do you think I'm defending Fox News? Is that the disconnect? If you go back and read from here https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=87417.msg2292592#msg2292592  you should be able to see what the disagreement is. Has nothing to do with the content Fox promotes, but that the conspiracy has been in the mainstream media for months now.

I just disagree that the 'mainstream media' has been covering this, because I don't consider Fox 'mainstream media'.  They are a conspiracy oriented, right wing propaganda entertainment media business.  Fox Entertainment is a conspiracy website and cable channel.

And yes, I do consider FES a conspiracy theory website. I'm not sure how it doesn't qualify.  :D

The mainstream media has been mostly ignoring The Great Reset conspiracy theory until the past month or so.  We haven't seen CNN doing any primetime shows on it, it's all been very low visibility columns or talked about by the few reporters that specialize in such things.  I certainly never heard about it, nobody I know has heard about it.  It's not filtered up enough even now for the average non-conspiracy following person to have heard anything about it. 

Time will tell if this conspiracy theory gains traction in the mainstream or fades away.  Depends how many right wing and conspiracy sites try and spread it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2020, 04:19:49 PM »
It really doesn't matter if you think a mainstream media organization is mainstream or not. Even wikipedia disagrees with you.

The Great Reset is not a conspiracy theory! It's about improving the world. The World Economic Forum has been around since the 1970s, they hold an annual meeting in Davos Switzerland and many world leaders attend. Perhaps you and your not very observant friends have noticed "build back better" banners at Biden's speeches, or even Boris Johnson's speeches? That is part of the great reset agenda, to build the economy back better. To build it back in a way that is not as harmful to the climate.

The conspiracy part is that some people think they created the pandemic so they can build the new world order.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2020, 08:58:11 PM »

I just disagree that the 'mainstream media' has been covering this, because I don't consider Fox 'mainstream media'.  They are a conspiracy oriented, right wing propaganda entertainment media business.  Fox Entertainment is a conspiracy website and cable channel.

And yes, I do consider FES a conspiracy theory website. I'm not sure how it doesn't qualify.  :D

The mainstream media has been mostly ignoring The Great Reset conspiracy theory until the past month or so.  We haven't seen CNN doing any primetime shows on it, it's all been very low visibility columns or talked about by the few reporters that specialize in such things.  I certainly never heard about it, nobody I know has heard about it.  It's not filtered up enough even now for the average non-conspiracy following person to have heard anything about it. 

Time will tell if this conspiracy theory gains traction in the mainstream or fades away.  Depends how many right wing and conspiracy sites try and spread it.

Fox is MSM because it is huge, well known and everywhere. It's not completely bat shit crazy but granted it does have loopy right wing loser commentators (looking at you Carlson Tucker et al) but as a whole it isn't sitting on the fringes like Breitbart or Infowars etc (though I'm sure Tucker is a bigly fan of both lol)

Agreed it does lend weight to some nutter stories that other organisations wouldn't touch. That's just Fox catering to a dim witted audience

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2020, 11:00:17 PM »

Lol, how is fox not a mainstream news channel???? They are only the most watched news channel in america, by many times (I believe about 4 times of that of CNN).

Oh wait, that's right, it's because it isn't a liberal masterbation network such as CNN. Also, you sit on your false high horse, per the norm, and say Fox news is a conspiracy theory network for the right? Let's ignore the fact the rest of the mainstream news, which is left propaganda machines, spouts 80 percent lies, conspiracy theories etc for anything the left requires.

Actually, let's not ignore that fact.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2020, 12:28:47 AM »

Lol, how is fox not a mainstream news channel???? They are only the most watched news channel in america, by many times (I believe about 4 times of that of CNN).

Oh wait, that's right, it's because it isn't a liberal masterbation network such as CNN. Also, you sit on your false high horse, per the norm, and say Fox news is a conspiracy theory network for the right? Let's ignore the fact the rest of the mainstream news, which is left propaganda machines, spouts 80 percent lies, conspiracy theories etc for anything the left requires.

Actually, let's not ignore that fact.

Yes, Fox news is a conspiracy theory network for the right.

Fox front page, 3rd lead story, right now:

I rest my case.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2020, 08:14:51 AM »
When all the msm, from Fox to MSNBC, promoted the Iraq War, did you think they were conspiracy networks? Fox promotes right wing propaganda, the others promote leftish propaganda (it's corporate, so not really left). Fox breaks the propaganda model the other msm hold to, so it kind of tricks people into thinking they're not mainstream. The notion that any of the media is unbiased is an illusion.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2020, 12:05:50 PM »
When all the msm, from Fox to MSNBC, promoted the Iraq War, did you think they were conspiracy networks? Fox promotes right wing propaganda, the others promote leftish propaganda (it's corporate, so not really left). Fox breaks the propaganda model the other msm hold to, so it kind of tricks people into thinking they're not mainstream. The notion that any of the media is unbiased is an illusion.

I think we can all agree on this (bolded).

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »

Fox is MSM because it is huge, well known and everywhere. It's not completely bat shit crazy but granted it does have loopy right wing loser commentators (looking at you Carlson Tucker et al) but as a whole it isn't sitting on the fringes like Breitbart or Infowars etc (though I'm sure Tucker is a bigly fan of both lol)

Agreed it does lend weight to some nutter stories that other organisations wouldn't touch. That's just Fox catering to a dim witted audience

Fox News pushed the birther conspiracy theory hard.  They are putting plenty of airtime into the whole "democrats stole the election" conspiracy.  They have no right to call themselves a news network.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
Fox News pushed the birther conspiracy theory hard. 
FOX News or opinion shows on FOX News?  You do understand that there is a difference between the news segments and the opinion segments, don't you?

They are putting plenty of airtime into the whole "democrats stole the election" conspiracy. 
They also put a fair bit of airtime into challenging some parts of that conspiracy.

They have no right to call themselves a news network.
They have as much right to call themselves a news network as CNN, MSNBC or any other network that reports news and has biased option shows.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »
Trump says a lot of shit about fraud. Fox is just giving it air time but I don't think they are lending any credibility to it. (the news, not opinionated mofos like Tucker)

They have been cutting away from Trump when he spouts the nonsense to discredit it. Probably the first time news networks have cut away from a president like that

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place