Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 15, 2020, 06:01:46 PM

Why do you support Joe Biden

• 84 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Why do you support Joe Biden
« on: November 15, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »
Well the Donald Trump thread has 4 years to shine, now that he is out, I think it's time to open it's sister thread.

Not much else to say, y'all know what to do.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Bom Tishop

Re: Why do you support Joe Biden
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 06:03:35 PM »
I doubt this thread will make it 600+ pages like the other thread. One, there are only a few republicans here, so it will be more of an echo chamber with minimal conflict.

Two, he won't be saying something moronic on Twitter daily, so a lot less ammo.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 06:13:35 PM »
Definitely a lot less ammo, but there's a couple things I am ready to complain about!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »
Definitely a lot less ammo, but there's a couple things I am ready to complain about!

Well, this is the thread for it!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 06:30:10 PM »

If you guys stopped hoarding ammo there would be plenty.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 07:47:18 PM »
Maybe Biden will bring out the angry conservatives. Although I don't think Biden will be nearly as interesting as trump.

Predictions for the first 2 years

Republicans keep the senate. McConnell resumes a similar posture to the Obama administration, do everything in his power to make Biden a one term president.

Nothing is passed by congress. Not even naming post offices.

Bidens only accomplishment is repairing the institutional damage done by trump.

In the midterms democrats fail to learn anything and assume that defeating trump has defeated trumpism. They get slaughtered and lose the house.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 07:56:45 PM »

How much ammo would you allow?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 01:17:52 AM »
He's not corrupt, and won't sell out the USA in return for Russian backed money laundering.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 01:30:38 AM »
He's not corrupt, and won't sell out the USA in return for Russian backed money laundering.

Hahahahaha

Bom Tishop

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 03:30:16 AM »

Hahahahaha

I have to agree with this

Hahahahaha

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 03:53:09 AM »
Maybe Biden will bring out the angry conservatives. Although I don't think Biden will be nearly as interesting as trump.

Predictions for the first 2 years

Republicans keep the senate. McConnell resumes a similar posture to the Obama administration, do everything in his power to make Biden a one term president.

Nothing is passed by congress. Not even naming post offices.

Bidens only accomplishment is repairing the institutional damage done by trump.

In the midterms democrats fail to learn anything and assume that defeating trump has defeated trumpism. They get slaughtered and lose the house.

That sounds about right. Especially the prediction in two years. The right will have two years of Britebart and OANN screaming that Democrats are pure evil, and Fox will probably tack hard even further to the right and into more conspiracy theories to try and keep from losing viewers to them.

Biden will manage to get a scant few center to right leaning bills passed, which will get him yelled at by Republican's angry that he got to pass anything at all, and piss off Democrats who want left leaning bills and legislation.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 04:13:01 AM »
MY predictions;

Trumpaloompas; many will hibernate in communal nests made from shredded NRA magazines beneath barns and churches.

The radical left, or what the US amusingly calls the radical left will split into two main camps.

Wankers.
Those that Mom fears, the nit picking deconstructionists who can’t drink coffee (Duh! slavery) and eat muffins (sexual innuendo), fight increasingly amongst themselves for righteous points, castigating not only their frenemies for the use of drawing pins (penetrative icons of male sexual domination) but who would willingly self-flagellate themselves to death for their inherited genes if it were not that it trivialises all those true martyrs who suffered historically beneath the lash.

Under the burden of acronymic signatures that increase exponentially with each subdivision of self-obsession until they reach the current known value of Pi, a sudden realisation that a printout and explanation of which would finally denude the amazon of its last trees leads them to take homeopathic suicide pills, which due to their unsanitary production methods (hygiene equals female mind control) and their poor health (bean shoots grown on self-chewed cardboard), actually works. There is rejoicing.

The others
The left leaning centre of people who refuse to subscribe to the mantra of devil take the hindmost, true Americans love their flag but shoot their neighbours patriotism.

Believing that a country built on trust, cooperation, compassion for each other might actually be a nicer place, make AOC queen for life and the US of A finally becomes a place that the rest of the world doesn’t regard like a 20 foot toddler with a  flame thrower recently bitten by a rabid dog.

The last scenario in the fevered ramblings of an unstable psychotic (diagnosed), mind is by far the least likely. It is  but a hope I have, that I may plant a mind seed that may grow.
In reality, dystopia is all you can really expect.

20 foot = 6 metres.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 04:19:37 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 04:22:13 AM »
Biden wanted the Ukraine prosecutor investigating his son to be fired.

God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 04:32:30 AM »

The thread has just started and the lies begin already.

No, the entire world wanted that Ukraine prosecutor fired because he WOULDN'T investigate the company Biden's son was a board member of.

Sigh.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 05:24:50 AM »

< ton
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 05:30:04 AM »

< ton
Less than one ton per person? Thats quite a lot tbh.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 06:54:12 AM »
I think he meant shit ton, which is currently the amount of ammo many of my friends and family members have hoarded.

I agree with the predictions made in this thread so far. Very few Democrats will learn anything from 2016 or 2020. The ones who have dared to mention the culture wars have been ignored.  They will continue to alienate the "Latinx", and everyone else in the working class. The media will continue to enable this corporate fairy tale view, because all the real journalists have moved to Substack.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 01:18:37 PM »
I think he meant shit ton, which is currently the amount of ammo many of my friends and family members have hoarded.

I agree with the predictions made in this thread so far. Very few Democrats will learn anything from 2016 or 2020. The ones who have dared to mention the culture wars have been ignored.  They will continue to alienate the "Latinx", and everyone else in the working class. The media will continue to enable this corporate fairy tale view, because all the real journalists have moved to Substack.

It was really just a joke. The word “ammo” just happened to have been said while there is a huge run on ammo causing the price to shoot up. And since the reason is Joe winning I thought it fit in here.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 01:30:22 PM »

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

Has he been demonstrably corrupt? If so why does Trump get a free pass on corruption though? Is it because he is so blatent and shameless about it? Does that make it ok?

Seriously you would be hard pressed to find a more corrupt person than Trump. In both general life and in politics. Biden couldn't come close if he tried

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 02:09:49 PM »

It was really just a joke. The word “ammo” just happened to have been said while there is a huge run on ammo causing the price to shoot up. And since the reason is Joe winning I thought it fit in here.

I know it was a joke, mofo. Most of my people stocked up on ammo months ago!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 02:16:55 PM »

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

Has he been demonstrably corrupt? If so why does Trump get a free pass on corruption though? Is it because he is so blatent and shameless about it? Does that make it ok?

Seriously you would be hard pressed to find a more corrupt person than Trump. In both general life and in politics. Biden couldn't come close if he tried

Surprisingly I can't seem to find any significant corruption.  At least not anything beyond conspiracy theories.  I think he once plagiarized part of a speech. 

It's sort of a hard thing to search for since every search for "biden corruption" keeps returning garage websites running conspiracy theories about Hunter Biden.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »
I don't.  ;)

He and Trump differ in key ways. While both Biden and Trump support restrictions on late-term abortions, Biden supports public funding for abortions, which I don't support.

And while Trump backed the bump stock ban, Trump did it to appease outrage following the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017 and Biden supports it out of a genuine motivation to reduce 2nd Amendment rights. (That, and a few gun people I've seen talk about it have spoken about bump stocks as rarely used accessories, making the legislation pretty minor anyway. I don't feel that banning stuff makes society any safer either, e.g. the War on Drugs.)

Trump supports dismantling the ACA for being costly, frustrating, and inefficient; Biden supports renegotiating parts of the ACA and expanding it. I feel that the free market could handle healthcare, like most things, better.

So on and so on.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 02:29:03 PM by Jamie »
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 02:31:06 PM »

I feel that the free market could handle healthcare, like most things, better.

You dumb yanks have a real blind spot when it comes to healthcare.   Here's a free hint...  the free market is about making money not looking after your health.

Just about every civilized country in the world has universal health care.  Not the free market loving yanks.   Idiots.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 02:32:20 PM »
Bump stocks are just stupid toys. They're not guns, so banning them doesn't attack the 2nd amendment at all.

Also, "late term abortions" are done to save the life of the mother, or when there's severe and fatal abnormality with the fetus. It is an already restricted procedure. It can actually be dangerous for a woman to have this procedure in late pregnancy, so it is not done because she was just too lazy to get one early.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »

Gotta love the hoppy...  I reckon he could get a gig with Rudy at Four Seasons.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2020, 02:34:02 PM »
I don't.  ;)

He and Trump differ in key, frustrating ways. While both Biden and Trump support restrictions on late-term abortions, Biden supports public funding for abortions, which I don't support.

And while Trump backed the bump stock ban, Trump did it to appease outrage following the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017 and Biden supports it out of a genuine motivation to reduce 2nd Amendment rights. (That, and a few gun people I've seen talk about it have spoken about bump stocks as rarely used accessories, making the legislation pretty minor anyway. I don't feel that banning stuff makes society any safer either, e.g. the War on Drugs.)

Trump supports dismantling the ACA for being costly, frustrating, and inefficient; Biden supports renegotiating parts of the ACA and expanding it. I feel that the free market could handle healthcare, like most things, better.

So on and so on.

Can anyone point to where Biden wants to take away people's guns or get rid of the 2nd amendment? Or is it just repugnican bluster?

I mean, supporting background checks is hardly crippling the 2nd amendment.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »

ACA is costly, frustrating, and inefficient because Republicans hacked away at it and ripped it apart until it became just that.  Also, America had free market healthcare before ACA, it was garbage.  It's only slightly less garbage now under a neutered ACA.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
Yanks baulk at the idea of universal health care but have no issue with Trump spending billions of tax payers dollars half compensating farmers after starting a stupid tariff trade war with China

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2020, 02:45:19 PM »
Can anyone point to where Biden wants to take away people's guns or get rid of the 2nd amendment? Or is it just repugnican bluster?

I mean, supporting background checks is hardly crippling the 2nd amendment.

Hence why I used the word "reduce." He isn't going to take away our guns and there's no way he could, even if he wanted to.

Biden seeks, for example, to hold gun manufacturers accountable for contributing to gun violence, but curiously, he isn't interested in holding spoon manufacturers accountable for contributing to the obesity epidemic.

Also directly from the site: "Require gun owners to safely store their weapons. Biden will pass legislation requiring firearm owners to store weapons safely in their homes." Well, what does that mean? Define "safely." Where do we draw that line? Isn't it my gun, and my home?

I've got some concerns is all.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2020, 02:46:48 PM »
Yanks baulk at the idea of universal health care but have no issue with Trump spending billions of tax payers dollars half compensating farmers after starting a stupid tariff trade war with China

Except I do take issue with that. I've actually been quite critical of that part of Trump's administration.

I don't support tariffs, and I feel that the trade war has hurt both sides and been a waste of money.

Biden hasn't exactly voiced opposition to them, either, promising only to re-evaluate the tariffs upon taking office.