Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 03, 2020, 03:21:52 AM

Who will win the election?

• 1841 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Who will win the election?
« Reply #1440 on: January 06, 2021, 11:57:15 PM »
It's a shame, the political system needs to be purged with 99 percent of people ran out with pitchforks. It isn't a right or left issue, it's an issue for all inhabitants of America, we all need to unite instead of fight each other over these fucks in the government that could care less if we live or die.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Lorddave

« Reply #1441 on: January 07, 2021, 12:29:47 AM »
It's a shame, the political system needs to be purged with 99 percent of people ran out with pitchforks. It isn't a right or left issue, it's an issue for all inhabitants of America, we all need to unite instead of fight each other over these fucks in the government that could care less if we live or die.

All a good sentiment except who would you replace them with?  How would you ensure they were worthy of the position?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #1442 on: January 07, 2021, 12:31:25 AM »

Trump certainly didn’t care if his supporters died when he incited an attack on democracy.  And it is a right wing issue.  The issue being that the President spread unfounded claims that the left rigged the election, supported by many right wing media and many of his party.  The good people of America need to unite against you lot.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1443 on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:40 AM »

All a good sentiment except who would you replace them with?  How would you ensure they were worthy of the position?

The whole purge with pitchforks is the sentiment that had people breach the capitol though

You guys just need to stop enabling these repugnant politicians and elect people of moral standing.

Reject people who use fear, hate and division to spread a message. Reject corruption. Reject the childish insults and slanging by people on opposite sides of the floor. Demand better from your elected officials. This may mean that you have a very boring political atmosphere but look at your alternative

Most countries peoples wouldn't tolerate the way Trump talks about his opponents for 1 day let alone 4 years. It's disgusting. I know for a fact if Australias PM talked about our opposition leader that way he'd be pretty much tossed out by the end of the day.

So rather than storm the capitol demanding they all be fired, do it by not re-electing people that are only there to serve themselves and political ambitions.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1444 on: January 07, 2021, 12:47:19 AM »
At long last they finished up.  Pence has crowned Biden the president.

Your move Trump.  We all know that he's not conceding after today.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1445 on: January 07, 2021, 12:49:49 AM »

Bullshit,  it's down to the people pushing lies to gullible people.   Start with Fox, OAN and Newsmax.   

Stop pretending there is some kind of left/right equivance.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1446 on: January 07, 2021, 12:50:02 AM »

There is zero equivalence between these parties at this time.  One party wants to make us drink soy lattes for every meal, if Tucker Carlson is to be believe.  The other people is actively defending a failed reality TV star who just incited an insurrection against the United States, you know, that place where we keep all our stuff.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1447 on: January 07, 2021, 12:50:53 AM »
Oh, and Bom, before I forget D1 is active in the lower fora.  Might want to say hi.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1448 on: January 07, 2021, 12:55:14 AM »

An elected official is supposed to be the product of the populous, so I would say our shitty governing force is a reflection of a shitty population. However, they are all a gang and have been for decades, controlling who is allowed to get any traction when running for a position (excluding small local elections, though even many of those are corrupt). They are all heads of serpent with one body. If one person betrays the overall principle (greed, power, corruption etc), such as one of the few good people, their head is removed.

So we are stuck with complete shit, choosing between terrible and horrendous with no other options (sure you can vote for an odd ball, but because of said system, it's a wasted vote).

So in answer to your question, if we remove the body of the serpent, we might actually have a chance for good people to run again and be known.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1449 on: January 07, 2021, 12:56:34 AM »

I think it is evident that the American system of allowing one man so much power only works if the country is capable of selecting someone of enough maturity and sanity to shoulder the burden, you were lucky here, if you get a authoritarian minded candidate who is actually intelligent and knows what he is doing, this could easily have had a very different outcome.

The checks and balances for your leader and their actions should be strengthened.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #1450 on: January 07, 2021, 12:58:59 AM »

As for this post, it went completely over everyone's head excluding lord dave's. You are acting exactly how the left and right want you to. Please reread the post and think about it. We need to join together against the real enemy, not battle each other like pawns for them.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1451 on: January 07, 2021, 01:02:38 AM »

There is zero equivalence between these parties at this time.  One party wants to make us drink soy lattes for every meal, if Tucker Carlson is to be believe.  The other people is actively defending a failed reality TV star who just incited an insurrection against the United States, you know, that place where we keep all our stuff.

God 2 minutes of the pompous Carlson moron and I have to switch off. I'd rather put my balls in a vice and turn it like there's no tomorrow than watch that goon any longer

What happened in the capitol is nothing short of domestic terrorism by radicalized thugs at the behest of Trump. I'm not sure how Fox after seeing the events today can continue to enable these people like Carlson.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1452 on: January 07, 2021, 01:09:46 AM »

I think it is evident that the American system of allowing one man so much power only works if the country is capable of selecting someone of enough maturity and sanity to shoulder the burden, you were lucky here, if you get a authoritarian minded candidate who is actually intelligent and knows what he is doing, this could easily have had a very different outcome.

The checks and balances for your leader and their actions should be strengthened.

Well, what has happened is a good 'stress test' of Americas democratic system. Trump, despite all the money he received and his dictatorship ambition. Despite the lies and cult leader status, still failed to get anywhere. He has certainly shown some of its flaws and hopefully after he is booted and now with the dems in control of both the house and the senate they get shit done to fix it up once and for all.

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1453 on: January 07, 2021, 01:11:33 AM »
And so ends the "greatest first term in presidential history"   

Trump says 'there will be an orderly transition on January 20th'
President Donald Trump early Thursday morning said that there would be "an orderly transition on January 20th."

The president released the statement through the White House minutes after Congress confirmed President-elect Joe Biden's win.

In his statement, the president again made false claims about the outcome of the election but said that this month will bring to end "the greatest first term in presidential history."

I'm taking bets as to how long before Trump gets arrested.  I predict he will be charged before the end of January,  any Takers?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1454 on: January 07, 2021, 01:32:32 AM »
And so ends the "greatest first term in presidential history"   

Trump says 'there will be an orderly transition on January 20th'
President Donald Trump early Thursday morning said that there would be "an orderly transition on January 20th."

The president released the statement through the White House minutes after Congress confirmed President-elect Joe Biden's win.

In his statement, the president again made false claims about the outcome of the election but said that this month will bring to end "the greatest first term in presidential history."

I'm taking bets as to how long before Trump gets arrested.  I predict he will be charged before the end of January,  any Takers?

I'll take that bet. He'll be charged but not sure anything will come of it though. Maybe his spiritual advisor can pray for some angels to save the day again or something

Know your place

« Reply #1455 on: January 07, 2021, 02:03:58 AM »
It's a shame, the political system needs to be purged with 99 percent of people ran out with pitchforks.
You're an anarchist now then?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #1456 on: January 07, 2021, 02:14:21 AM »
https://indica.medium.com/i-lived-through-a-coup-america-is-having-one-now-437934b1dac3

Not dissimilar from what is happening now. 
You may think its silly but a bunch of mostly unarmed people, walked into the capitol building, stopped government, made the senators all evacuate or hide, took selfies in high ranking senator offices (possibly with unlocked computers) and only one person may have died.

This is like walking into a bank, going into the safe, taking a bag of money, and walking out.  Pausing briefly to take a selfie with the bank guard.

It breaks the illusion that the capitol building is secure.  That security is tight. 
I saw some of "Olympus has fallen" (where terrorists invade the WH) and thought "Nah, not possible."
Now I think "Nah, thats overkill.  Just need 500 guys all yelling about freedom to walk inside like they own the place."

First of all, just saying, be wary of people from countries you don't know making parallels to events you don't know. I'm basing that on the monumentally stupid and ignorant takes some Greek people who write for English language media have, that people abroad treat as gospel because it's their country and they know, right?

Not saying it is wrong, but the parallels between Sri Lanka and the US are far fetched. The only reason this happened was because the police didn't care. Why didn't they care? That is to be answered. But rest assured that if it was any other scenario, they wouldn't have been let near the stairs. It was intentional.

Not necessarily.  I think there's still answers to be had but one thing I've heard is that after the incident where Trump had protesters tear gassed to hold a bible upside down for a photo op that the police presence in DC was intentionally toned down.

Not sure if that's the whole story but I wouldn't immediately assume that the police stepped aside to let maniacs rummage through the capitol.
Would you assume it after watching videos where they are doing exactly that? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520
https://mobile.twitter.com/jihanbit/status/1346909463660396550

I watched it unfold from the start. There is noooo way this could accidentally happen. The protesters were hardly even feisty, they were weirdly tame for the most part for what they managed to achieve. We've had many demonstrations in Athens much more aggressive and large than that over the years outside the Parliament and the protesters aren't even let close to the stairs. And we're Greece, we're not the US with a hyper militarized and extremely well funded police. They were walking into the building like it was a school trip. Just a bunch of obese 60-somethings and skinny dudes with goat masks walking and police just chilling there, looking at them.

You don't even have to have a lot of police to disperse them. Tear gas feels like you are suffocating. It's extremely effective. Most of these people probably had never been tear gassed before either. They'd lose their shit and start running all over the place before they even figured out what happened.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:19:00 AM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1457 on: January 07, 2021, 02:43:19 AM »
In all the excitement I missed this..   Merrick Garland is the new AG.     

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1458 on: January 07, 2021, 03:03:41 AM »
I thought they just wanted to have a 'chat' with Pence

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/trump-supporters-congress-offices

Imagine breaking into a bank and taking a selfie in the safe room and sharing it online. This is the level of intelligence of the typical Trumptardian

Know your place

Pezevenk

« Reply #1459 on: January 07, 2021, 03:04:42 AM »
Τhis is what it looks like when both police and protesters are actually trying:

This is completely analogous btw because this was also a demonstration by conservative nationalists complaining about North Macedonia. There were far more people there too, 30k in the US ordered by the president is almost pitiful. I checked btw as the Trump supporters were getting inside, very very few had gas masks.

Compare it to this:

What the fuck is going on? Half the police is just chilling on the side, they don't seem to have shields or riot gear in general for some reason (it's a big ass protest, how is there no riot police around?), they're not sitting in formation, they're making no attempt to spray anyone. Also the Capitol was breached and yet the National Guard was just ignoring the whole thing until it was basically over? Like, come on, who is responsible for this? It's such bullshit.

Also apparently the door doesn't lock?? Like, you can just push it open?? How does that work?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #1460 on: January 07, 2021, 03:05:37 AM »
I thought they just wanted to have a 'chat' with Pence

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/trump-supporters-congress-offices

Imagine breaking into a bank and taking a selfie in the safe room and sharing it online. This is the level of intelligence of the typical Trumptardian
Yeah lol these people are so fucked.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1461 on: January 07, 2021, 04:00:40 AM »

Well, what has happened is a good 'stress test' of Americas democratic system. Trump, despite all the money he received and his dictatorship ambition. Despite the lies and cult leader status, still failed to get anywhere. He has certainly shown some of its flaws and hopefully after he is booted and now with the dems in control of both the house and the senate they get shit done to fix it up once and for all.

I don’t think it was a pass of the stress test, quite the opposite.

Imagine if Trump hadn’t been just a blowhard and had walked with those people. As it was there was no leadership, just a vague idea that justice would prevail, when they got inside, they just milled around taking (incriminating) selfies and being generally dumb.
A charismatic man with a plan would be sitting in his bunker about now thinking; “If that plank can get 70 million people to vote for him and get them to storm the seat of government that easily, shit!”

I would be very scrutinous of who crawls out of the woodwork in the coming months if I were in US security.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Pezevenk

« Reply #1462 on: January 07, 2021, 04:28:00 AM »

Imagine if Trump hadn’t been just a blowhard and had walked with those people. As it was there was no leadership, just a vague idea that justice would prevail, when they got inside, they just milled around taking (incriminating) selfies and being generally dumb.
A charismatic man with a plan would be sitting in his bunker about now thinking; “If that plank can get 70 million people to vote for him and get them to storm the seat of government that easily, shit!”

I would be very scrutinous of who crawls out of the woodwork in the coming months if I were in US security.
If this was actually going to threaten anything, they wouldn't have let it happen.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1463 on: January 07, 2021, 05:30:54 AM »

If this was actually going to threaten anything, they wouldn't have let it happen.
Who is 'they'? Illuminati?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Pezevenk

« Reply #1464 on: January 07, 2021, 06:12:51 AM »

Who is 'they'? Illuminati?
The state.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1465 on: January 07, 2021, 06:17:08 AM »
Elizabeth from Knoxville wasn't fully aware what storming the capital for revolution would actually entail.

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1346919171595137025

Dumb bitch got what she deserved. I hope police wade through all the entitled Trumptardian morons Twitter, Facebook and interviews like the above to charge them all with trespass, riot and insurrection (if that's a thing) too
If only her name was Karen...
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1466 on: January 07, 2021, 06:24:08 AM »
Elizabeth from Knoxville wasn't fully aware what storming the capital for revolution would actually entail.

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1346919171595137025

Dumb bitch got what she deserved. I hope police wade through all the entitled Trumptardian morons Twitter, Facebook and interviews like the above to charge them all with trespass, riot and insurrection (if that's a thing) too
If only her name was Karen...

It's funny seeing them cry saying they wanted to see the police 'do their jobs'... Morons. They saw first hand police do their jobs when they got maced in the face! ::)

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1467 on: January 07, 2021, 07:25:46 AM »

Agreed.  Sometimes I feel that we're very fortunate in a way to get Trump.  If for whatever reason enough of the country feels like electing a wannabe dictator is acceptable then I'd rather get an extremely obvious and incompetent one.  Maybe it'll inoculate us against fascism.

Then again maybe that's wishful thinking.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1468 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:40 AM »
Here's a view of the crowds I didn't see last night https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1347031398176223233?s=20
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1469 on: January 07, 2021, 08:00:40 AM »
https://indica.medium.com/i-lived-through-a-coup-america-is-having-one-now-437934b1dac3

Not dissimilar from what is happening now. 
You may think its silly but a bunch of mostly unarmed people, walked into the capitol building, stopped government, made the senators all evacuate or hide, took selfies in high ranking senator offices (possibly with unlocked computers) and only one person may have died.

This is like walking into a bank, going into the safe, taking a bag of money, and walking out.  Pausing briefly to take a selfie with the bank guard.

It breaks the illusion that the capitol building is secure.  That security is tight. 
I saw some of "Olympus has fallen" (where terrorists invade the WH) and thought "Nah, not possible."
Now I think "Nah, thats overkill.  Just need 500 guys all yelling about freedom to walk inside like they own the place."

First of all, just saying, be wary of people from countries you don't know making parallels to events you don't know. I'm basing that on the monumentally stupid and ignorant takes some Greek people who write for English language media have, that people abroad treat as gospel because it's their country and they know, right?

Not saying it is wrong, but the parallels between Sri Lanka and the US are far fetched. The only reason this happened was because the police didn't care. Why didn't they care? That is to be answered. But rest assured that if it was any other scenario, they wouldn't have been let near the stairs. It was intentional.

Not necessarily.  I think there's still answers to be had but one thing I've heard is that after the incident where Trump had protesters tear gassed to hold a bible upside down for a photo op that the police presence in DC was intentionally toned down.

Not sure if that's the whole story but I wouldn't immediately assume that the police stepped aside to let maniacs rummage through the capitol.
Would you assume it after watching videos where they are doing exactly that? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1346920198461419520
https://mobile.twitter.com/jihanbit/status/1346909463660396550

I watched it unfold from the start. There is noooo way this could accidentally happen. The protesters were hardly even feisty, they were weirdly tame for the most part for what they managed to achieve. We've had many demonstrations in Athens much more aggressive and large than that over the years outside the Parliament and the protesters aren't even let close to the stairs. And we're Greece, we're not the US with a hyper militarized and extremely well funded police. They were walking into the building like it was a school trip. Just a bunch of obese 60-somethings and skinny dudes with goat masks walking and police just chilling there, looking at them.

You don't even have to have a lot of police to disperse them. Tear gas feels like you are suffocating. It's extremely effective. Most of these people probably had never been tear gassed before either. They'd lose their shit and start running all over the place before they even figured out what happened.

Yeah I'm really not sure what to make of the police response yet.  It does sort of seem like a blend of total incompetence and affinity for Trump supporters.

I really don't think it was planned though.  It seems like it's just a consequence of Trump ginning up his most extreme supporters right next to the building with all the people that he's declaring his enemies.