• 1776 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Re: Who will win the election?
« Reply #960 on: November 20, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »

Michigan
At what point does this cross into illegal election interference treason?

I seriously doubt that Trump will be able to steal this state let alone the election.  But he may succeed in shifting the Overton Window on what the Republican party can do in an election.

They already have the electoral college on their side and soon it might be acceptable in their eyes to steal a state or 2 if things are close enough.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #961 on: November 20, 2020, 11:40:04 AM »

Michigan
At what point does this cross into illegal election interference treason?

I seriously doubt that Trump will be able to steal this state let alone the election.  But he may succeed in shifting the Overton Window on what the Republican party can do in an election.

They already have the electoral college on their side and soon it might be acceptable in their eyes to steal a state or 2 if things are close enough.
Wouldn't really matter, the US elections have never been democratic anyway.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #962 on: November 20, 2020, 12:55:14 PM »
I guess it will cross the line if they do what Trump wants, but they can talk about it all they want.
But doesn't even just talking about it get into the fuzzy territory of conspiracy/collusion?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #963 on: November 20, 2020, 01:10:15 PM »
It's all baby steps. This time around it was shocking but will be accepted as a new normal. The precedent has been made and in 2024 the GOP will do whatever it wants and people will just accept it. Hell, they'll expect it

A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #964 on: November 20, 2020, 02:36:26 PM »
I think they could cross the line into conspiring to commit a crime, but I don't know how far they have to go to get there.  One of Trump's lawyers urged militias to retake the country, that kinda seems to cross a line, but I haven't seen any of the 1st amendment people I follow talk about it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #965 on: November 21, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »
Newsweek: Trump Supporters in Georgia Threaten to Destroy GOP, Boycott Runoff Elections.
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump-supporters-destroy-gop-boycott-senate-runoffs-1549245

Oh no! Maga heads have an awesome plan to really stick it to the Dems here.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #966 on: November 21, 2020, 05:40:48 PM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #967 on: November 21, 2020, 06:40:46 PM »
Pennsylvania dismissed Trump's suit with prejudice https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.pamd.127057/gov.uscourts.pamd.127057.202.0_1.pdf

Ouch.  That is some serious prejudice. :)

I guess Trump will call this a GREAT VICTORY and continue denying reality.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #968 on: November 21, 2020, 07:13:28 PM »
He's transitioning to his next plan, pressuring the GOP to steal states for him. This plan is also failing pretty hard.

I'm kind of impressed. They're not even bending to just give him a few more votes to humor him.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #969 on: November 21, 2020, 07:28:09 PM »

Lorddave

« Reply #970 on: November 21, 2020, 10:41:22 PM »
Newsweek: Trump Supporters in Georgia Threaten to Destroy GOP, Boycott Runoff Elections.
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump-supporters-destroy-gop-boycott-senate-runoffs-1549245

Oh no! Maga heads have an awesome plan to really stick it to the Dems here.

Wow.  They are civil warring within themselves.  Not shocked, but ya sleep in the bed ya make and they made this bed
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Stash

« Reply #971 on: November 22, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »
This is some fun stuff.

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's election campaign on Sunday distanced itself from Sidney Powell, a lawyer who claimed at a news conference last week that electronic voting systems had switched millions of ballots to President-elect Joe Biden.

"Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own," Trump campaign lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said in a statement. "She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team."

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

More dirt from WaPO:

"Two advisers to Trump, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, said that the president disliked the coverage Powell was receiving from Fox News host Tucker Carlson and others and that several allies had reached out to say she had gone too far. The advisers also said she fought with Giuliani and others in recent days.

“She was too crazy even for the president,” a campaign official said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/22/giuliani-releases-statement-distancing-trump-campaign-lawyer-sidney-powell/

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #972 on: November 22, 2020, 05:57:41 PM »
Maybe Hugo Chavez will hire her!

« Reply #973 on: November 23, 2020, 01:22:48 AM »
This is some fun stuff.

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's election campaign on Sunday distanced itself from Sidney Powell, a lawyer who claimed at a news conference last week that electronic voting systems had switched millions of ballots to President-elect Joe Biden.

"Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own," Trump campaign lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said in a statement. "She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team."

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.

More dirt from WaPO:

"Two advisers to Trump, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, said that the president disliked the coverage Powell was receiving from Fox News host Tucker Carlson and others and that several allies had reached out to say she had gone too far. The advisers also said she fought with Giuliani and others in recent days.

“She was too crazy even for the president,” a campaign official said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/22/giuliani-releases-statement-distancing-trump-campaign-lawyer-sidney-powell/

So what was going on when the three of them held that press conference a week ago?

They must think the public is even stupider than they are.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #974 on: November 23, 2020, 06:14:51 AM »
So what was going on when the three of them held that press conference a week ago?

They must think the public is even stupider than they are.

Trump thinks his followers/worshipers are that stupid, and they are.  They have to be for believing his bullshit after 4 years of it.

It looks like there is no limit to how dumb Republicans are capable of getting.  "I hardly knew the guy" keeps working for them I guess.  Sounds legit?

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #975 on: November 23, 2020, 06:58:50 AM »
That could also been seen as a public firing, as in she was working on the Trump legal team, but no longer is.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #976 on: November 23, 2020, 09:48:22 AM »
That could also been seen as a public firing, as in she was working on the Trump legal team, but no longer is.

Yes, it could at a stretch.  And that’s the whole point.  The wording very strongly implies that they just have nothing to do with her, but it’s deliberately ambiguous.  If they wanted to be open and honest they would have just said she was leaving, like normal people (even normal lawyers).

I wonder long these two legal geniuses burnt the midnight oil coming up with that statement?

« Reply #977 on: November 23, 2020, 09:56:59 AM »
The attorney leading President Donald Trump’s recount effort in Wisconsin voted illegally according to his own legal argument that in-person absentee ballots should be thrown out. So did his wife.

Jim Troupis, a former Dane County judge and Cross Plains attorney who is representing the Trump campaign, would not answer questions about why he and his wife voted that way.

Troupis and his wife voted early using the state's in-person absentee option — one of a group of voters whose ballots the Trump campaign has asked election officials to deem illegal.

Their names appeared on exhibits Troupis submitted to the Dane County Board of Canvassers on Sunday, during the county's third day of retallying ballots. The exhibits include lists of voters who voted in a manner the campaign alleges is illegal, an argument the Board of Canvassers has rejected. The information was provided by Dane County to both campaigns...

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/22/attorney-heading-up-trump-recount-wants-throw-out-his-own-vote/6382647002/

:D

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #978 on: November 23, 2020, 11:25:16 AM »
Looks like Team Trump's strategy of spamming the courts might be getting ready to backfire, bigly.
New Jersey Lawmaker Pushes To Disbar Rudy Giuliani For Deceitful, 'Absurd' Election Cases

Giuliani has caused "irreversible damage to the public trust in the fair administration of our elections," Rep. Bill Pascrell wrote to officials policing attorney conduct.

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #979 on: November 23, 2020, 12:51:15 PM »
Does Howie get inaugurated January 20th or 21st, 2021? I can never remember which day it is.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #980 on: November 23, 2020, 01:12:22 PM »
Who?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #981 on: November 23, 2020, 01:39:39 PM »
Who?

No idea.

Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th.

Trump will hold his own even better inauguration, with hookers and blow.  And his idiot worshipers will spend the next four years claiming Trump is the real President, exiled to whatever golf resort he flees the country for.   

Stash

« Reply #982 on: November 23, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
Who?

No idea.

Biden will be inaugurated on the 20th.

Trump will hold his own even better inauguration, with hookers and blow.  And his idiot worshipers will spend the next four years claiming Trump is the real President, exiled to whatever golf resort he flees the country for.

I definitely want in to Trumps Inaugural after-party. Sounds like way more fun than Joe's.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #983 on: November 23, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »
Looks like GSA is finally making the Biden transition official.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/transition-biden-gsa-begin/index.html

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #984 on: November 23, 2020, 04:12:45 PM »
Looks like GSA is finally making the Biden transition official.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/transition-biden-gsa-begin/index.html

Finally.

Oh, and Howie was the Green Party candidate.  ;)
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

« Reply #985 on: November 23, 2020, 04:42:27 PM »
Good news.

The next few days should be fun watching a trickle of face saving and arse covering turn into a tide, as grandees of Republican Party try to weasel their way back to democracy. 

Stash

« Reply #986 on: November 23, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »
I'm guessing this is the closest we'll get to a concession:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #987 on: November 23, 2020, 05:24:56 PM »

At least he's not summoning the angels from Africa.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #988 on: November 23, 2020, 05:48:10 PM »

At least he's not summoning the angels from Africa.

Gotta love the right wing evangelist nutters and the clueless followers...   Just brilliant.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #989 on: November 23, 2020, 06:10:47 PM »
I don't know how their followers don't realize the televangelists are atheists.