Orbits. How do they work?

• 431 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Orbits. How do they work?
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2020, 11:13:05 PM »
I just tell you what an orbit is! It is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object, such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet. I have never seen a planet changing orbit around the Sun. Question is if a spacecraft orbiting planet Earth can change its orbit and start orbiting, e.g. the Sun or the Moon or planet Mars.
It is suggested that you can jump from one orbit (around Earth) to another (around the Moon) by applying a force to the spacecraft using a rocket.
In my opinion the only result is that the shape of the orbit changes. All calculations give the same result.
It is suggested that a spacecraft leave its orbit and land on the object it orbits by applying a force to the spacecraft using a rocket.
In my opinion it is not possible. You are going to fast and cannot slow down. All calculations give the same result.

Precisely why you have no challenge. You can't have a challenge when all you have to say in response to anything is, "In my opinion..." with zero evidence or facts. What's the challenge?

And you say, "In my opinion the only result is that the shape of the orbit changes. All calculations give the same result." What calculations are you speaking of? What same result? Show us. You've been given plenty of calculations for everything you've ever asked for and your only response is "In my opinion..."

You have to show where the calculations are wrong in order to have a challenge and refute a challenger. Do you not get this?

Show us where the calculations are wrong, otherwise you have zero argument, zero challenge. Just your "opinion".

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2020, 11:46:05 PM »
I just tell you what an orbit is! It is the gravitationally curved trajectory of an object, such as the trajectory of a planet around a star or a natural satellite around a planet. I have never seen a planet changing orbit around the Sun. Question is if a spacecraft orbiting planet Earth can change its orbit and start orbiting, e.g. the Sun or the Moon or planet Mars.
It is suggested that you can jump from one orbit (around Earth) to another (around the Moon) by applying a force to the spacecraft using a rocket.
In my opinion the only result is that the shape of the orbit changes. All calculations give the same result.
It is suggested that a spacecraft leave its orbit and land on the object it orbits by applying a force to the spacecraft using a rocket.
In my opinion it is not possible. You are going to fast and cannot slow down. All calculations give the same result.

Precisely why you have no challenge. You can't have a challenge when all you have to say in response to anything is, "In my opinion..." with zero evidence or facts. What's the challenge?

And you say, "In my opinion the only result is that the shape of the orbit changes. All calculations give the same result." What calculations are you speaking of? What same result? Show us. You've been given plenty of calculations for everything you've ever asked for and your only response is "In my opinion..."

You have to show where the calculations are wrong in order to have a challenge and refute a challenger. Do you not get this?

Show us where the calculations are wrong, otherwise you have zero argument, zero challenge. Just your "opinion".
I present plenty findings and evidence about my Challenge and orbits at my website. I consider changing orbits in space is not possible and that space travel from Earth to other celestial objects  in space doesn't work. I pay anyone €1M to show how to fly to the Moon and back. It is nothing to get upset about. Try to win the money instead.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2020, 12:46:50 AM »

I present plenty findings and evidence about my Challenge and orbits at my website. I consider changing orbits in space is not possible and that space travel from Earth to other celestial objects  in space doesn't work. I pay anyone €1M to show how to fly to the Moon and back. It is nothing to get upset about. Try to win the money instead.

Actually, you don't present findings and evidence about your Challenge and orbits at your website. There's nothing there. There are no calculations. It's just, "Your opinion..." That's not a challenge. The challenge is to provide you with data. Then you refute the data with your calculations as to why it doesn't work. On your site there are no calculations, no refutations other than, "A rocket scientist wouldn't call me back and answer my questions."

You have no challenge.

Show us how the calculations that have been presented are wrong and you have a challenge. In the mean time, just your "opinion" means nothing and means no challenge. How do you not get this? Are you that deluded that you think just your "opinion" is all that is required?

Heiwa

« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2020, 04:54:56 AM »

Actually, you don't present findings and evidence about your Challenge and orbits at your website. There's nothing there. There are no calculations. It's just, "Your opinion..." That's not a challenge. The challenge is to provide you with data. Then you refute the data with your calculations as to why it doesn't work. On your site there are no calculations, no refutations other than, "A rocket scientist wouldn't call me back and answer my questions."

You have no challenge.

Show us how the calculations that have been presented are wrong and you have a challenge. In the mean time, just your "opinion" means nothing and means no challenge. How do you not get this? Are you that deluded that you think just your "opinion" is all that is required?
?? Please study http://heiwaco.com/chall2.htm again! I list plenty clowns saying how easy space travel is and I have invited them all to win my Challenge and ... ? Nobody has managed it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2020, 05:14:02 AM »

You have no challenge.

?? Please study http://heiwaco.com/chall2.htm again! I list plenty clowns saying how easy space travel is and I have invited them all to win my Challenge and ... ? Nobody has managed it.

You just don't get it. You list "clowns" and all you have is that no one ever gets back to you. That is not a challenge. You've been provided all the data and calculations required over and over again, but you never properly refute them with your own showing how it's all wrong. All you do is say, "If you ask them, nobody replies," and "nobody in the association can explain how to explore space using a spacecraft and how much fuel is required," and "She and none of her students have managed to win my Challenge though! Call her +4698079187 and ask why!". What kind of lunacy is this? It's certainly not a challenge. It's people not returning the call of a conspiracy nut. That's all.

To have a challenge, you need to refute the data/calculations given with your calculations as to why it won't work. Complaining about people not partaking in your 'challenge' is meaningless, bizarre, at best.

So enough. Just admit that you have no challenge. When you come up with your calculations showing how wrong everyone else is that's where you have something. In the mean time, you just have a woefully outdated and poorly designed site filled with opinions and complaints and rants.

No calculations, no challenge. Period.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2020, 05:42:02 AM »
Anders probably thinks that Air-to-Air and Surface-to-Air Missiles don't work.
They always miss an incoming ICBM at Mach 10.
Incorrect.
https://www.defensenews.com/land/2019/03/25/homeland-missile-defense-system-takes-out-icbm-threat-in-historic-salvo-test/

Also, the moon is a lot bigger target than an ICBM.
ROTFL - the missile starting from Earth is supposed to start orbiting the incoming ICBM orbiting Earth and not shooting it down.
No, the missile starting from earth is supposed to hit and destroy the ICBM coming in on a ballistic trajectory.
Yes, understand that but it doesn't work. The ICBM is going too fast (at variable speed) and the ground based missile(s) cannot touch it. It cannot calculate the location of a future collision. It's like going to the Moon. The Moon is going too fast in its orbit around Earth.

Anders doesn't understand intercept paths.
Anders doesn't understand it is a math formula.
Anders doesn't understand that as a math formula the speed of the target only matters in relation to reaction time from the point of detection.
Anders is retarded.

Phalanx CWIS  Developed in 1969 still in use today.

The technology to that is used within the US ABMs stemmed from this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 05:54:03 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2020, 06:47:03 AM »
Yes, understand that but it doesn't work. The ICBM is going too fast (at variable speed) and the ground based missile(s) cannot touch it. It cannot calculate the location of a future collision.
What makes you think that the ICBM is traveling at a variable speed?  Do you know anything about RADAR?  Ballistic trajectories are fairly easy to track and predict.  It's not as if an ICBM warhead can detect and maneuver to avoid an incoming guided missile.

It's like going to the Moon. The Moon is going too fast in its orbit around Earth.
The moon is not traveling at a variable speed, so it's pretty easy to predict exactly where it will be at pretty much any given moment.  That makes it a relatively easy target to hit, especially when you can corrrect your trajectory along the way if needed.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2020, 11:23:33 AM »
I love this new argument that the moon is moving at such blistering speed it would be impossible to aim for. 

Heiwa, step outside at night and look at the moon.  Notice how fast it moves across the sky?  Now consider that most of that is due to the Earth’s rotation.  What you see is 28x faster than the moon is moving in its orbit around the earth.

The moon orbits at about 1km per second.  It takes about an hour to move the equivalent of its diameter, and it’s utterly predictable where it’s going.

You compared to hitting a moving tennis ball with another tennis ball.  Sure, hitting a tennis ball moving at 5cm an hour.

I also note that doubting the accuracy of plotting a trajectory to the moon is a completely different argument to saying it’s theoretically impossible.  You need to make up your mind what you think the problem is.

Heiwa

« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »
I love this new argument that the moon is moving at such blistering speed it would be impossible to aim for. 

Heiwa, step outside at night and look at the moon.  Notice how fast it moves across the sky?  Now consider that most of that is due to the Earth’s rotation.  What you see is 28x faster than the moon is moving in its orbit around the earth.

The moon orbits at about 1km per second.  It takes about an hour to move the equivalent of its diameter, and it’s utterly predictable where it’s going.

You compared to hitting a moving tennis ball with another tennis ball.  Sure, hitting a tennis ball moving at 5cm an hour.

I also note that doubting the accuracy of plotting a trajectory to the moon is a completely different argument to saying it’s theoretically impossible.  You need to make up your mind what you think the problem is.
?? But it is true. The Moon moves at 1000 m/s around Earth in orbit to avoid being landed on. So you start from Earth to visit the Moon and it takes time (seconds) to go there. Every second the Moon moves 1000 m. And you think you can approach it and start orbiting around it. Sorry, you will never arrive. Show your calculations that I am wrong.

« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2020, 04:35:27 PM »

?? But it is true. The Moon moves at 1000 m/s around Earth in orbit to avoid being landed on. So you start from Earth to visit the Moon and it takes time (seconds) to go there. Every second the Moon moves 1000 m. And you think you can approach it and start orbiting around it. Sorry, you will never arrive. Show your calculations that I am wrong.

ftp://dim13.org/pub/doc/TN_1002.pdf

When do I get the cash?

Heiwa

« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2020, 11:18:49 PM »

ftp://dim13.org/pub/doc/TN_1002.pdf

When do I get the cash?
The paper just describes how to change a LEO to a MEO, e.g. Apollo 11 style. Your spacecraft is in LEO with 7726 m/s, it increases speed to 10832 m/s so you end up in MEO (at 384000000 m altitude) and reduced speed 188 m/s. After a while the Moon in MEO with speed 1018 m/s runs into you from behind if you happen to be in the same plane (which is unlikely).
It is not the fastest and best way to go to the Moon but it requires least fuel.
How much? It depends on the mass of your spacecraft in LEO. 200 tons? How do you get 200 tons into LEO?
Say you are in slow MEO (188 m/s) and the Moon arrives from behind at 1018 m/s in the same plane. So you have to speed up! But do you have fuel for it? Space travel is not easy.
No cash for you!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 03:03:44 AM by Heiwa »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2020, 07:05:28 AM »
How much? It depends on the mass of your spacecraft in LEO. 200 tons? How do you get 200 tons into LEO?
Most likely the same way they got the ISS into LEO...  By making several trips and assembling the spacecraft in LEO.

Say you are in slow MEO (188 m/s) and the Moon arrives from behind at 1018 m/s in the same plane. So you have to speed up! But do you have fuel for it? Space travel is not easy.
You keep ignoring the fact that after you pass the L1 point, the moon's gravitational field is stronger than the earth's so you would begin accelerating towards the moon and increasing your speed.  You just need a well timed orbital insertion burn.

Heiwa

« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2020, 10:04:25 AM »
Most likely the same way they got the ISS into LEO...  By making several trips and assembling the spacecraft in LEO.

You keep ignoring the fact that after you pass the L1 point, the moon's gravitational field is stronger than the earth's so you would begin accelerating towards the moon and increasing your speed.  You just need a well timed orbital insertion burn.
No, I don't ignore Moon gravity. I only point out that the Moon is moving at >1000 m/s (around the Earth) in one orbit at high altitude governed by Earth gravity. In order to reach it, you must also arrive in its vicinity at same speed and direction, but you are in another orbit ... it becomes difficult.
Markjo - let's face it. You only know BS about orbits and most other things. Do you really know anything?
Anyway, the NASA Artemis mission solves all problems. NASA has a new SLS super rocket that 2024 will put an American woman on the Moon South Pole. It must be true! POTUS Trump says so. And VPOTUS Pence.

« Reply #253 on: October 08, 2020, 12:43:30 PM »

The paper just describes how to change a LEO to a MEO, e.g. Apollo 11 style.

LOL.  “Just“ explains how to do it Apollo style?  What kind of moon landing denier are you?

Also, no.  The paper looks at several trajectories.

Your spacecraft is in LEO with 7726 m/s, it increases speed to 10832 m/s so you end up in MEO (at 384000000 m altitude) and reduced speed 188 m/s. After a while the Moon in MEO with speed 1018 m/s runs into you from behind if you happen to be in the same plane (which is unlikely).
It is not the fastest and best way to go to the Moon but it requires least fuel.

So you CAN get to the moon?

Do I detect a shifting of goal posts?  Suddenly you want to know how to deliver a 200 tonne payload?  200 tonnes??!!!

Maybe why it says this:

“For lunar capture another manoeuvre (ΔV2) has to be applied in the periselene. This ma- noeuvre results again from the difference of the Moon’s orbital velocity and the spacecraft velocity in the LTO apogee to 0.83 km/s.”

No cash for you!

No cash?  I’m shocked. 

Your fake challenge is irrelevant to this thread anyway.  You asked for calculations and I’ve provided them.

Where are yours?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »

No, I don't ignore Moon gravity. I only point out that the Moon is moving at >1000 m/s (around the Earth) in one orbit at high altitude governed by Earth gravity. In order to reach it, you must also arrive in its vicinity at same speed and direction, but you are in another orbit ... it becomes difficult.
Difficult?  Yes.  Impossible?  No.  Several space agencies already have experience sending a number of manned and unmanned spacecraft and landers to the moon.

Heiwa

« Reply #255 on: October 08, 2020, 04:12:56 PM »

Difficult?  Yes.  Impossible?  No.  Several space agencies already have experience sending a number of manned and unmanned spacecraft and landers to the moon.
You are wrong as usual.

?

frenat

« Reply #256 on: October 08, 2020, 04:19:13 PM »
Every time I see Heiwa post I think of this

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #257 on: October 08, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
You are wrong as usual.
How can I argue with that? ::)

Heiwa

« Reply #258 on: October 08, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »
You are wrong as usual.
By not suggesting that 'several space agencies already have experience sending a number of manned and unmanned spacecraft and landers to the moon'.
They are just lying about it, so media can publish it as Fake News.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #259 on: October 08, 2020, 09:05:05 PM »
You are wrong as usual.
By not suggesting that 'several space agencies already have experience sending a number of manned and unmanned spacecraft and landers to the moon'.

And your evidence of lying is...?

Heiwa

« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2020, 11:27:22 PM »
You are wrong as usual.

I describe the NASA & Co. lying at my website since many years. It is astro-physically impossible to fly from a low Earth orbit to an orbit around the Moon, leave that latter orbit, land on the Moon for a piss, take off from Moon and dock with the spacecraft in orbit there, leave the orbit around the Moon and then drop down on Earth again and land there.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2020, 06:21:38 AM »
It is astro-physically impossible to fly from a low Earth orbit to an orbit around the Moon, leave that latter orbit, land on the Moon for a piss, take off from Moon and dock with the spacecraft in orbit there, leave the orbit around the Moon and then drop down on Earth again and land there.
Your astrophysical ignorance is not evidence that NASA is lying.

Heiwa

« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2020, 09:32:54 AM »
It is astro-physically impossible to fly from a low Earth orbit to an orbit around the Moon, leave that latter orbit, land on the Moon for a piss, take off from Moon and dock with the spacecraft in orbit there, leave the orbit around the Moon and then drop down on Earth again and land there.
No you are wrong as usual. Just ask NASA how they intend to put a woman on the Moon 2024.

« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2020, 10:38:39 AM »
No you are wrong as usual. Just ask NASA how they intend to put a woman on the Moon 2024.

With rockets.

Heiwa

« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2020, 11:23:51 AM »

With rockets.
You mean the SLS? Not yet ready.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »
You are wrong as usual.

I describe the NASA & Co. lying at my website since many years. It is astro-physically impossible to fly from a low Earth orbit to an orbit around the Moon, leave that latter orbit, land on the Moon for a piss, take off from Moon and dock with the spacecraft in orbit there, leave the orbit around the Moon and then drop down on Earth again and land there.

That's not evidence. It's just you complaining that rocket scientists won't return your phone calls. Where are your calculations that refute all the data/calculations you have been provided a 1000 times?

« Reply #266 on: October 09, 2020, 11:33:51 AM »

With rockets.

Yeah, and they won’t be going until it is.  See how this works?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2020, 02:54:18 PM »

With rockets.
Be patient.  They're working on it.  In the mean time, SpaceX will be sending 4 astronauts to the ISS in a few weeks.

Heiwa

« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2020, 05:19:38 PM »

With rockets.
Be patient.  They're working on it.  In the mean time, SpaceX will be sending 4 astronauts to the ISS in a few weeks.
It is part of the fraud.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2020, 06:03:27 PM »

With rockets.
It is part of the fraud.
If it's a fraud, then expose the criminals to law enforcement.