Orbits. How do they work?

• 431 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: Orbits. How do they work?
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »
The only person here not understanding the basics is you.

That’s why everyone else is able to provide links to pages on basic orbital mechanics, and all you can say is “iTs ImPosSiblE!”.

Why do you think you know better than everyone who studies it, and everyone who launches satellites?

You’re no different from the flat earthers who don’t believe in gravity at all.  The problem isn’t that you’ve come across something you don’t understand, it’s your stubborn refusal to even try to understand it.  You just keep saying you’re right and everyone else is wrong.
Sorry, I know very well what an orbit is according Gallileo and Newton. It is an object flying around a celestial body, e.g. a planet around the Sun, a moon around a planet or a satellite around Earth. The orbit can be round or elliptical. The dynamics of it are easy to understand if you believe in gravity (a force that attracts masses).
This Holman transfer of a spacecraft moving between two planet orbits (Earth and Mars) you refer to is not proven. The spacecraft cannot get away from Earth as suggested (it will always orbit Earth at variable speeds) and, if it arrives close to Mars in its orbit around the Sun, it will just crash there.

What are your calculations for the transfer not working? All you ever say is that scientists won't return your voicemails and that it won't work. You never say why it won't work.

What's incorrect about this:

Show us how the calculations are incorrect. Otherwise, you have no challenge.
I have done at my website since many years. "Gravity kicks" and similar are pure BS. Don't tell me that space travel is to orbit from planets to planets and be kicked to the target by gravity kicks?
What space travel sect do you belong to? NASA? ESA? JAXA? Or the Russian one?

Why don't you show us here how the calculations presented are incorrect? Again, you just saying so does not suffice and does not make for a challenge. You have no challenge until you can show where the errors are.
But I do it at my website. Visit it! I cannot copy/paste it all the time.
Topic here is orbits and how they work.
Do you know what an orbit is?
Good.
All things I know in orbits like planets, moons, satellites, space garbage have always been in one orbit from start to end since billions of years. I have never known any object that can transfer from one orbit to another. And why do it? Why not stay in orbit?

I checked. And no, there are no calculations on your site that refute these calculations. Address these calculations presented directly. Where are they wrong? Without your calculations you have no challenge.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2020, 11:14:26 AM »
The simplicity that Heiwa fails to understand.

Typical US garbage bullshit. I am lucky not to drown in it!
I thought that you said that you were interested in how to get to the moon.  Obviously you're only interested in denying it.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »
I checked. And no, there are no calculations on your site that refute these calculations.
He did the calculations in his head.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2020, 11:45:28 AM »

That’s why everyone else is able to provide links to pages on basic orbital mechanics, and all you can say is “iTs ImPosSiblE!”.

Why do you think you know better than everyone who studies it, and everyone who launches satellites?

You’re no different from the flat earthers who don’t believe in gravity at all.  The problem isn’t that you’ve come across something you don’t understand, it’s your stubborn refusal to even try to understand it.  You just keep saying you’re right and everyone else is wrong.
Sorry, I know very well what an orbit is according Gallileo and Newton. It is an object flying around a celestial body, e.g. a planet around the Sun, a moon around a planet or a satellite around Earth. The orbit can be round or elliptical. The dynamics of it are easy to understand if you believe in gravity (a force that attracts masses).
This Holman transfer of a spacecraft moving between two planet orbits (Earth and Mars) you refer to is not proven. The spacecraft cannot get away from Earth as suggested (it will always orbit Earth at variable speeds) and, if it arrives close to Mars in its orbit around the Sun, it will just crash there.

What are your calculations for the transfer not working? All you ever say is that scientists won't return your voicemails and that it won't work. You never say why it won't work.

I have done at my website since many years. "Gravity kicks" and similar are pure BS. Don't tell me that space travel is to orbit from planets to planets and be kicked to the target by gravity kicks?

Why don't you show us here how the calculations presented are incorrect? Again, you just saying so does not suffice and does not make for a challenge. You have no challenge until you can show where the errors are.
Good.
All things I know in orbits like planets, moons, satellites, space garbage have always been in one orbit from start to end since billions of years. I have never known any object that can transfer from one orbit to another. And why do it? Why not stay in orbit?

I checked. And no, there are no calculations on your site that refute these calculations. Address these calculations presented directly. Where are they wrong? Without your calculations you have no challenge.
Please check again. All calculations are there. I repeat:
You are in high speed orbit A and want to go to orbit B by adding speed C at very high speed, when you are somewhere in A. Is then A + C = B. No, it isn't. Only idiots believe it ... and you are plenty. You don't even know how to slow down and insert at B after A + C.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:51:23 AM by Heiwa »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2020, 11:48:43 AM »

Good.

Please check again. All calculations are there.

I did. There's nothing there. Post some calculations you have that address and show where the ones posted here are incorrect. Otherwise, no calculations means no challenge.

If you want to have a thread here then you need to address things here. You can't just say, "Oh, just go look at X site...". Especially considering it's your own site. You need to be able to respond directly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:51:36 AM by Stash »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »
You are in high speed orbit A and want to go to orbit B by adding speed C at very high speed, when you are somewhere in A. Is then A + C = B. No, it isn't. Only idiots believe it ... and you are plenty. You don't even know how to slow down and insert at B after A + C.
Anders, how do you suppose Arianespace gets a satellite into geostationary orbit?  Magic?

No.  They use a geostationary transfer orbit.  It starts as a highly elliptical orbit and then apply a force the apogee to circularize the orbit at the proper altitude.  After that, it still takes some fancy maneuvering to move the satellite into its final, very precise orbital slot.

Heiwa

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2020, 05:39:53 PM »
Anders, how do you suppose Arianespace gets a satellite into geostationary orbit?  Magic?

No.  They use a geostationary transfer orbit.  It starts as a highly elliptical orbit and then apply a force the apogee to circularize the orbit at the proper altitude.  After that, it still takes some fancy maneuvering to move the satellite into its final, very precise orbital slot.

It is easy to change from Low Earth Orbit (low altitude/high speed around Earth) to Geostationary Orbit (high altitude/low speed around Earth). You just change the altitude. The speed changes itself. And you are still in orbit. Around Earth.
No way to start orbiting the Moon or the Sun that way. Or to stop and land anywhere.
Only idiots believe in human space travel changing orbits, stopping on the way, etc, etc.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2020, 05:42:06 PM »
Lol

How does one change altitude?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Heiwa

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »

Good.

I did. There's nothing there. Post some calculations you have that address and show where the ones posted here are incorrect. Otherwise, no calculations means no challenge.

If you want to have a thread here then you need to address things here. You can't just say, "Oh, just go look at X site...". Especially considering it's your own site. You need to be able to respond directly.
? I thought I explained the Gravity Assist Kick fraud at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravelc.htm .

Heiwa

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »
Lol

How does one change altitude?

Arianespace uses the same rocket that puts the satellite in LEO to catapult it into GEO.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2020, 05:55:34 PM »
So an accelerating rocket?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
It is easy to change from Low Earth Orbit (low altitude/high speed around Earth) to Geostationary Orbit (high altitude/low speed around Earth). You just change the altitude.
Hold on.  Didn't you use all of your fuel getting to LEO?  Where did you get the fuel to raise your altitude?

The speed changes itself. And you are still in orbit. Around Earth.
No way to start orbiting the Moon or the Sun that way.
What if you were to raise your altitude of your orbit to the same altitude as the moon and then once you get near the moon, you slow down enough to be captured by the moon's gravity?  The moon does have gravity, doesn't it?

Or to stop and land anywhere.
What if you change your orbit so that the perigee is at the surface of the earth?

Only idiots believe in human space travel changing orbits, stopping on the way, etc, etc.
Wait a minute.  Can orbits be changed or can't they?  Also, why do you keep wanting to stop on the way? 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »

Good.

? I thought I explained the Gravity Assist Kick fraud at http://heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravelc.htm .

No, you did not provide any calculations. All you say are things like, "The gravity assisted kick/slingshot nonsense was probably invented by some NASA science fiction writers in the 1950's not knowing much and is now taught at US universities as astrophysics. It is comical. Every time I meet astrophysicists, I ask about gravity assisted kicks. They cannot explain them!"

That's not a calculation showing how transferring orbits is impossible. It's you just saying so because someone won't answer your questions or return your calls and you're not an astrophysicist - Because they know they are obviously dealing with someone who has crackpot conspiracy notions. Why bother.

Unless you have some calculations showing how the presented calculations are wrong, you have no challenge. No calculations, no challenge. Your opinions do not amount to a challenge.

Do the calculations and let us know when you actually have a challenge. In the mean time, none exists.

Heiwa

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »

Good.

No, you did not provide any calculations. All you say are things like, "The gravity assisted kick/slingshot nonsense was probably invented by some NASA science fiction writers in the 1950's not knowing much and is now taught at US universities as astrophysics. It is comical. Every time I meet astrophysicists, I ask about gravity assisted kicks. They cannot explain them!"

That's not a calculation showing how transferring orbits is impossible. It's you just saying so because someone won't answer your questions or return your calls and you're not an astrophysicist - Because they know they are obviously dealing with someone who has crackpot conspiracy notions. Why bother.

Unless you have some calculations showing how the presented calculations are wrong, you have no challenge. No calculations, no challenge. Your opinions do not amount to a challenge.

Do the calculations and let us know when you actually have a challenge. In the mean time, none exists.
But I do at my webpage - link provided above:

Planet Earth has tangential velocity U = 29 900 m/s in circular orbit around the Sun. It means Earth moves 29 900 m left every second in the little sketch left. At the same time it turns 360° in a year = one orbit around the Sun.

The spacecraft has tangential velocity v = 10 000 m/s in the opposite head-on direction (also in orbit around Sun or Earth or what?). It means the spacecraft moves 10 000 m every second in the opposite direction, i.e. top right in the sketch left.

You can read the end at my webpage and why Gravity Assisted Kicks are nonsense.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »
Heiwa is the Voyager 1&2 space craft in orbit of Earth?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2020, 12:08:51 AM »

Planet Earth has tangential velocity U = 29 900 m/s in circular orbit around the Sun. It means Earth moves 29 900 m left every second in the little sketch left. At the same time it turns 360° in a year = one orbit around the Sun.

The spacecraft has tangential velocity v = 10 000 m/s in the opposite head-on direction (also in orbit around Sun or Earth or what?). It means the spacecraft moves 10 000 m every second in the opposite direction, i.e. top right in the sketch left.

Nice calculations.  You’ve worked out that 29 900 x 1 = 29 900, and 10 000 x 1 = 10 000.

That’s not rocket science!

Heiwa

« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2020, 02:06:45 AM »
Heiwa is the Voyager 1&2 space craft in orbit of Earth?
Yes, when they started. And then they disappeared somewhere. As gravity assisted kicks do not work, they must still orbit Earth somewhere.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »

Good.

That is not a calculation and there's nothing on your site resembling any sort of calculations. Just speculation and opinion, which doesn't cut it for a challenge. Where is the transfer insertion formula/calculation broken in the example provided that makes changing orbits impossible? No calculations, no challenge. It's as simple as that. Unless of course someone could win your challenge by getting one of the scientists you contacted to call you back. That seems to be the only real criteria for success at the moment. Everything else is just you saying "It's impossible..." which doesn't really mean anything. No challenge exists.

Heiwa

« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2020, 11:26:26 AM »

Good.

That is not a calculation and there's nothing on your site resembling any sort of calculations. Just speculation and opinion, which doesn't cut it for a challenge. Where is the transfer insertion formula/calculation broken in the example provided that makes changing orbits impossible? No calculations, no challenge. It's as simple as that. Unless of course someone could win your challenge by getting one of the scientists you contacted to call you back. That seems to be the only real criteria for success at the moment. Everything else is just you saying "It's impossible..." which doesn't really mean anything. No challenge exists.
Sorry, you are 100% wrong. My website is 100% correct. 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2020, 12:41:22 PM »

Good.

Sorry, you are 100% wrong. My website is 100% correct.

Further evidence you don't have a challenge. All you're doing is saying, "I'm 100% right," without providing anything to back that up. Just saying so doesn't make a challenge because there's no way to challenge something when it starts off with and ends with, "I'm 100% right," with nothing in between. The only way is for someone to say, "No, I'm 100% right." That's not a challenge. Sorry.

You don't have any method to refute the calculations so you just say they are wrong. Wrong how? Specifically. If you can't do that, you have nothing other than just stomping your feet and yelling, "Wrong, wrong, wrong." And that literally amounts to nothing. Your challenge does not exist.

Heiwa

« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2020, 03:20:37 AM »
All questions about orbits will soon be clarified by NASA and its Artemis mission - to put a woman on the Moon 2024! The planning started already 2011 and potus Trump approved more money 2017. So far US$ 18 000 millions have been spent. NASA says that a spacecraft Orion with four persons aboard will take off from Earth and then start orbiting the Moon and finally shall Orion land on the Moon and disembark the woman. How it will be done - jumping from one orbit to another and finally land on the Moon - is top secret.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2020, 03:38:04 AM »
All questions about orbits will soon be clarified by NASA and its Artemis mission - to put a woman on the Moon 2024! The planning started already 2011 and potus Trump approved more money 2017. So far US$ 18 000 millions have been spent. NASA says that a spacecraft Orion with four persons aboard will take off from Earth and then start orbiting the Moon and finally shall Orion land on the Moon and disembark the woman. How it will be done - jumping from one orbit to another and finally land on the Moon - is top secret.

Who said it was top secret? You keep running around saying any and all information can't be found and in about 30 seconds, we find the information. You're either terrible at searching the web or lying, or both.

Again, you're just ranting with no evidence, calculations, nothing. Which means you have no challenge. And that's fine. We all know the challenge doesn't really exist except inside your head. It's just fun to see you stomp all over the place ranting and raving about how scientists won't return your calls, talking about some Russian doll spy you met in a bar, and how it's impossible to urinate in space. It's entertaining at a minimum. But obviously utter folly. But don't stop. There's nothing like seeing a conspiracy theorist attempt to unwind the sand castle they have made.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2020, 07:05:19 AM »
How they're planning on doing it isn't a secret,  It's just beyond your comprehension.  A big difference that you don't seem to understand either.

Heiwa

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »
How they're planning on doing it isn't a secret,  It's just beyond your comprehension.  A big difference that you don't seem to understand either.
Please - just visit NASA's Artemis 1, 2, 3 webpages and you'll understand everything is just fantasy. An Apollo 11 re-write! It will be interesting to see how Hollywood will fake it.
Topic here is what an orbit is. It seems you don't know it.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2020, 10:22:02 AM »
I'm still waiting for you to explain how you traverse between two ships that are circling an island at different distances and different rates of speed and neither ships will slowdown or stop for you to embark/disembark.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2020, 10:39:30 AM »
I'm still waiting for you to explain how you traverse between two ships that are circling an island at different distances and different rates of speed and neither ships will slowdown or stop for you to embark/disembark.
You never asked! But now NASA Artemis will explain all about orbits ending with an American superwoman/asstronuttie arriving on the Moon 2024. She must change orbits several times to arrive on the Moon and do more orbit changes to return to Earth and the Pacific outside SD waters and Hollywood a little more north.  Why don't you ask her?

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »
Please - just visit NASA's Artemis 1, 2, 3 webpages and you'll understand everything is just fantasy. An Apollo 11 re-write! It will be interesting to see how Hollywood will fake it.

Mmmm... lots of top secret info on their website.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2020, 11:31:44 AM »
You never asked! But now NASA Artemis will explain all about orbits ending with an American superwoman/asstronuttie arriving on the Moon 2024. She must change orbits several times to arrive on the Moon and do more orbit changes to return to Earth and the Pacific outside SD waters and Hollywood a little more north.  Why don't you ask her?

Why would I ask someone in NASA about navigating on the sea, when I have Heiwa, Expert in Safety at Sea, right here?

Why don't you just answer the question?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2020, 12:07:55 PM »

Why would I ask someone in NASA about navigating on the sea, when I have Heiwa, Expert in Safety at Sea, right here?

Why don't you just answer the question?
Because NASA Artemis will explain all about orbits ending with an American superwoman/asstronuttie arriving on the Moon 2024.