• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #5160 on: May 17, 2021, 10:23:43 AM »
Show me a google map.

Sure:

So this is a real Earth globe...right?

« Reply #5161 on: May 17, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »

It would depend on how big the object was.

Great!

As per you, the object is a circle woth diameter 12,750,000units and the point of view is 2units off the surface.

Draw the triangle of "level" to the "horizon"/tangent (you know what a tangent is?) from the persoective of the 2unit high line.

So simple.
72pg of asking for this circle.
How about you draw what you think it should be.

Asking me to draw a scale version of what you believe your Earth is and to then show you a tilt and also a drop should come right down to you, so let's see what you make of it seeing as you're telling me what you believe would  be seen.

I did provide a to scale circle which answered a different question - tilt.

You said because the circle contained an image of a ball earth that the circular nature of the circle was therefore invalid - whoch is irrelevant.
The circle is or isnt a circle to scale.

I and others have repeatedly asked you back and repeatedly to provide your own then to prove massive tilt and to prove some tu-tube experiment.

We re stll waiting.
Yuo re still dodging.
Ok, so you're asking me to draw a circle as big as the picture you showed of what you believe is your global Earth...right?

are you stupid?
you must be stupid.

becuase the exact question was

"draw a circle of diameter 12,750,000units in diameter with a 2unit stick on top"

so how "big" a circle do you need to draw?
it could be pixels.
it could be milimeters.
it could be beans.
it could be bricks.
it could be hand prints.

it could be whatever - what it NEEDS to be, is of scale.
12,750,000 to 2.

try and be less stupid.
Help me out by drawing that circle you asked me to draw with that scale.
Show me.

quit dodging.

« Reply #5162 on: May 17, 2021, 10:37:05 AM »

Quote from: Smoke Machine
Which flat map on paper or map app do you use to navigate around?
Any that do the job.

Ok
Mercator does the job for the southern hemisphere.
Is it valid?
Not if it goes by a southern hemisphere as part of a globe, no.

so how far is it from south america to australia?

because i'm saying the mercator gets a pilot from A to B.
how can a map be one - valid if it gets a pilot from A to B - yet also invalid because it requires the souther hemisphere to be real?
your invalidation is solely based on the southern hemisphere.
They can not both exist in the same reality.

so now you need a method or magical reaosn why South A to Australia is possible on mercator but not on your flat earth map.
now you need to the prove geometric distance.
you've decided to pick another really really interesting arguement.
You are appealing  to what you believe is, authority

there is some authority at somepoint.

you yourself subjected yourself to the authority that the pilots fly, and how they fly, and where they fly, by using maps that are accurate to get them to where they need to go.

so.
either pilots appeal to authority is inaccurate or you're piling on more against yourself.
and if inaccurate, then by all means, let us know the accurate stance.

so keep digging a bigger hole and showing us all what a POS you are by knowingly not answering damn question.

« Reply #5163 on: May 17, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »
I believe you're the one living in a fantasy world, so we seem to be rigid in our thoughts.
And like so many of your beliefs, that one has no basis in reality.

Quote from: JackBlack

How much of such an object should be hidden at a 30 km distance, if you are standing 2 m above the RE?
Just work out the drop of 8 inches per mile squared.
Again, WHY?

Just what possible motivation is there for me to use archaic units rather than just use the calculation I have already done?
If I do will you admit you are wrong or alternatively show the working (i.e. math) which shows you are not wrong?

Otherwise, you already have the math provided, which you have been unable to show a fault with.
Do you accept the math which has been provided that shows on a RE ~50 m of the turbine at 30 km would be hidden?
This 8 inches per mile squared from you is just another pathetic deflection for your complete inability to defend any of your outright lies about the RE.

Bear that in mind that the drop would have to be he tilt because your object is not just going to sink, plumb into the sea.
And yet again you demonstrate your complete lack of understanding of even trivial matters.
It is IMPOSSIBLE for the drop to be the tilt.
The drop is a distance. The tilt is an angle.
These units are incompatible.
The drop is not the tilt.
They are 2 different values, which use different units.

Again, trivial you need to avoid at all costs:
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?
Again, what should the tilt be (provide a number) for an object 30 km away?
How much of such an object should be hidden at a 30 km distance, if you are standing 2 m above the RE?

« Reply #5164 on: May 17, 2021, 02:33:22 PM »
8in only works to a certain distance because after a certain point, a parabola is not the same shape as a circle.
And what would that distance be.....roughly?

Quote from: Themightykabool
The tilt was worked out.
You rejected it and have yet to show a counter tilt value.
So no, YOU are scared to work it out.
Well let's see about it when you work out the 8 inches per mile squared to a distance of what you say only works.

Have you actually applied your 8 inches per square mile rule in the real world? I don't know how many times it has been pointed out to you, but the 8 inches per square mile rule is inadequate for use in the real world because it does not account for observer's height and refraction. It's nothing more than a loose rule of thumb. The moment you lift your eye level up off the ground, it's erroneous.

Can you please stop elevating this wrong tool to the position of your flat earth saviour. It is not your saviour.

« Reply #5165 on: May 17, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
Show me a google map.

Sure:

Yes. All this time you've been carrying on that Earth is flattish and definitely not a globe, you've been receiving all your directions in life from a three dimensional globe map of the earth.

How do you feel? I can tell you how you look from where I'm sitting.

« Reply #5166 on: May 17, 2021, 02:47:46 PM »
If the earth is a globe, then any map you use is a global map.
But it isn't, so that's that sorted out.

Which flat map on paper or map app do you use to navigate around?
Any that do the job.

Do you use google maps? Have a navman in your car?
Yep.

Those apps incorporate earth curvature into the maps, don't they?
Nope. Not unless you mean hills and mountains and bumpy roads, etc. Do you mean this?

No. I don't mean that.

I mean, if you zoom all the way out on google maps, you will see earth is displayed as a globe. The reason they did this was to more accurately display the earth.

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself on your desktop interface, first.
Ahhhh right. Zoom all the way out into your space and see Earth as a nice big ball/sphere/globe....right?

Sooooo, did they use a deep space video of it and if so, what?
Or is it a CGI representation of what they want us to believe?

You see, when you zoom in with the so called global set up you get to see stuff as it was months earlier, as if it was taken by a plane at those times.

Unless you can show me the real time stuff.....can you?

No, sceptimatic, it is a cgi representation from photos from satellites, planes, and cars, of what reality is. You're familiar with google earth and street view, yes? I use both all the time before I do a raid on a house. The satellite views are very helpful in planning for problems, escape routes, areas of cover, etc. Invaluable, in fact.

Now, please tell me what the difference is, aside from time,  between seeing what stuff looks like from the global set up months earlier, to seeing what stuff looks like now, in real time? How does this difference benefit your argument in any way?

If I could show you global earth in real time, would you be satisfied? You want to step outside with your laptop and watch yourself on your computer screen waving to the satellite above, in real-time? Is that what you want? 

I'm guessing you live in either Europe or America, while I live in Australia. Either way, there is a very large spanse of water between you and I. Yet, if you and I swapped phone numbers and had a live video chat, you would still argue that is made possible not from satellites, but from ground towers? Yes?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 03:41:30 PM by Smoke Machine »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5167 on: May 17, 2021, 09:24:16 PM »
I believe you're the one living in a fantasy world, so we seem to be rigid in our thoughts.

I don't pass mine off as reality. I pass my stuff off as my own musings. My own theories. My own hypotheses, or whatever you people want to describe them.

I don't pass anything off as factual if I can't directly prove them.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5168 on: May 17, 2021, 09:52:32 PM »
8in only works to a certain distance because after a certain point, a parabola is not the same shape as a circle.

The tilt was worked out.
Well let's see about it when you work out the 8 inches per mile squared to a distance of what you say only works.

Have you actually applied your 8 inches per square mile rule in the real world? I don't know how many times it has been pointed out to you, but the 8 inches per square mile rule is inadequate for use in the real world because it does not account for observer's height and refraction. It's nothing more than a loose rule of thumb. The moment you lift your eye level up off the ground, it's erroneous.

Can you please stop elevating this wrong tool to the position of your flat earth saviour. It is not your saviour.
The 8 inches per mile squared was made by you people. Globalists.
Refraction in your world is nonsense with your so called global curve, so that excuse is pointless.

You try to dodge the 8 inches per mile squared because it kills off your globe in terms of what we physically see....or don't see, as it stands.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5169 on: May 17, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
Show me a google map.

Sure:

Yes. All this time you've been carrying on that Earth is flattish and definitely not a globe, you've been receiving all your directions in life from a three dimensional globe map of the earth.

I've never looked at any global map for directions. Neither have you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5170 on: May 17, 2021, 10:05:31 PM »
No, sceptimatic, it is a cgi representation from photos from satellites, planes, and cars, of what reality is.
No. It's CGI until it gets to the plane height for aerial photography/video.

You're familiar with google earth and street view, yes?
Yep where a car goes around mapping out street views.

I use both all the time before I do a raid on a house.
Ohhh, ok, tell me about it, studdddddddddddddddd. C:-) ::) ;)

The satellite views are very helpful in planning for problems, escape routes, areas of cover, etc. Invaluable, in fact.
Yes, 3/4/5/6 month out of date images will do you the world of good.

Now, please tell me what the difference is, aside from time,  between seeing what stuff looks like from the global set up months earlier, to seeing what stuff looks like now, in real time? How does this difference benefit your argument in any way?
I've seen extensions go up in 4 weeks. I've seen roads added in a few months. I've seen many many changes to areas within a 3 to 6 month span....so what are you talking about?

If I could show you global earth in real time, would you be satisfied?
If you could show me I'm living on a globe I will not argue it again.
Just don't leave anything open to argument.
Can you do this?

You want to step outside with your laptop and watch yourself on your computer screen waving to the satellite above, in real-time? Is that what you want?
Yeah, that would help.
I'd like a real time hit from your satellite to my lap top of the place I'm standing at showing the reality of that time.

Show me that and how to log into it and you have me.
And to think you could've done this ages ago and put me out of my misery....eh?

I'm guessing you live in either Europe or America, while I live in Australia. Either way, there is a very large spanse of water between you and I. Yet, if you and I swapped phone numbers and had a live video chat, you would still argue that is made possible not from satellites, but from ground towers? Yes?
Undersea cables and ground towers...etc.....yes.
You keep thinking you're down under, don't you?

« Reply #5171 on: May 17, 2021, 11:27:38 PM »
I don't pass mine off as reality.
You do, repeatedly, but you can never seem to back any of it up.

Unless you are willing to admit that all your claims about the RE are just wild speculation with no connection to reality.

Yet again you refuse to answer trivial question and justify your claims about reality, claims that you pass off as factual, yet cannot prove at all.
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?

And repeatedly misused by people like you.

Refraction in your world is nonsense
And is that just your baseless belief, or something you are trying to pass off as factual?

You try to dodge the 8 inches per mile squared because it kills off your globe in terms of what we physically see....or don't see, as it stands.
No, I have already shown the math, using working better than the 8 inches per mile squared as it hasn't just arbitrarily rounded it.
The 8 inches per mile squared, when used honestly, does not kill the globe at all.
Instead it just further supports it.

You not liking that it is a global map, doesn't mean it isn't one.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5172 on: May 17, 2021, 11:33:34 PM »

No, I don't.
I've repeatedly told you this but, as usual you go into this mode no matter what is said. This is why most of your posts get overlooked.

« Reply #5173 on: May 17, 2021, 11:41:21 PM »
No, I don't.
Again, if you want this to be the case admit that everything that you have said about the RE is just your baseless opinion with no connection to reality.
Admit that everything you have said about the RE is not factual.
Admit that everything you have said about the RE is not being passed off as reality and thus shows no problem with the RE and in no way indicates that in reality Earth is not round.

Unless you are willing to do that, and openly admit that nothing you say about the RE is factual, stop lying and claiming you are not passing off your beliefs as facts/reality.

I've repeatedly told you this but, as usual you go into this mode no matter what is said. This is why most of your posts get overlooked.
Yes, you do repeatedly lie, and I expose those lies.
That is why you continually overlook my post, because I have repeatedly shown you are wrong and continue to do so with each post.
You hate that, and have no interest in admitting that so much of what you say is completely false, so you continue to ignore the majority of my posts, so you can pretend you are correct.
Like the simple questions you avoid at all cost, as they show your claims are pure BS.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5174 on: May 17, 2021, 11:48:36 PM »

Again, if you want this to be the case admit that everything that you have said about the RE is just your baseless opinion with no connection to reality.

What I state as factual about the nonsense of the spinning globe, is just that.

Observable, testable and repeatable.

« Reply #5175 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:11 AM »

If this is factual, why are you completely unable to demonstrate this fact to others?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5176 on: May 18, 2021, 12:34:02 AM »

If this is factual, why are you completely unable to demonstrate this fact to others?
You can demostrate it to yourself by testing water level and then also testing that same water conforming to the container it is put in.

You can then pour that water onto any slightly convex surface and see that it absolutely does not conform to it and in fact runs off.

Easily observable, testable and repeatable.

« Reply #5177 on: May 18, 2021, 12:41:16 AM »

You can demostrate it to yourself by testing water level and then also testing that same water conforming to the container it is put in.

You can then pour that water onto any slightly convex surface and see that it absolutely does not conform to it and in fact runs off.

Easily observable, testable and repeatable.

I understand you think this is a factual test of whether we are on a spinning round sphere or not. 

Why though can you not get anyone else to think this is a factual test of this idea?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:43:15 AM by sobchak »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5178 on: May 18, 2021, 12:46:23 AM »

I understand you think this is a factual test of whether we are on a spinning round sphere or not. 

Why though can you not get anyone else to think this is a factual test of this idea or not?
I can...just not people like you or others on here and those that think water can sit on a spinning ball in a space vacuum.
What chance is there with people who believe that?

People follow mass opinion and trust official llnes by what they believe is their authority, whether that's a school teacher or professor or a government figure.....etc.

When people are under peer pressure to follow a set goal, nothing will stand in that way and if anything does, it's ridiculed.

Logic goes right out of the window with this space and spinning globe stuff.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:49:32 AM by sceptimatic »

« Reply #5179 on: May 18, 2021, 12:49:02 AM »

Why though can you not get anyone else to think this is a factual test of this idea or not?
can...just not people like you or others on here and those that think water can sit on a spinning ball in a space vacuum.
What chance is there with people who believe that?

People follow mass opinion and trust official llnes by what they believe is their authority, whether that's a school teacher or professor or a government figure.....etc.

When people are under peer pressure to follow a set goal, nothing will stand in that way and if anything does, it's ridiculed.

So you think people who believe crazy things can ignore plain facts that are put out in front of them that contradict those crazy things?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5180 on: May 18, 2021, 12:50:20 AM »

So you think people who believe crazy things can ignore plain facts that are put out in front of them that contradict those crazy things?
There are no facts for a spinning globe, so what are you talking about?

« Reply #5181 on: May 18, 2021, 12:55:05 AM »

I know you are of the opinion that there are no facts for a spinning globe.

I also know that you think you have facts that contradict a spinning globe.

The question is why you can not get others to see these facts.  You say it is because of indoctrination, right? that they believe something crazy and cant be forced out of that belief by any facts? 

Is this right?  Or are there other reasons why you can not demonstrate that the world is not a spinning sphere convincingly to anyone?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5182 on: May 18, 2021, 01:08:23 AM »

The question is why you can not get others to see these facts.  You say it is because of indoctrination, right? that they believe something crazy and cant be forced out of that belief by any facts? 

Is this right?  Or are there other reasons why you can not demonstrate that the world is not a spinning sphere convincingly to anyone?
I don't think people are crazy for believing in a globe. I actually feel sorry for them being severely bullied into that belief.
My issue isn't with global believers who have never took the time to or dare to look at alternatives. My issue is with those that should know better. People like you.

« Reply #5183 on: May 18, 2021, 01:21:11 AM »

I don't think people are crazy for believing in a globe. I actually feel sorry for them being severely bullied into that belief.
My issue isn't with global believers who have never took the time to or dare to look at alternatives. My issue is with those that should know better. People like you.

Thats a great starting point!   People like me.   

Im here, on a flat earth forum, reading about a few peoples beliefs and ideas on the matter.   

One of those opinions is that you really really really think that the earth is not a spinning sphere.   

So I'm asking, why can you not convincingly demonstrate to me that the earth ~is~ not a spinning sphere?

You say: water level, it looks flat, and if you pour water onto a sphere, it doesn't stick, but instead, always finds the lowest point available to it. 

Why is this not a convincing argument, a slam dunk, 100% proof, to someone like myself? 

« Reply #5184 on: May 18, 2021, 02:17:44 AM »
No, I don't.
And there you go showing that you are lying yet again, and showing that I was correct.
You claim you are not passing it off as factual and aren't passing it off as reality, but then go and directly contradict that, claiming that it is factual.

Stop lying and claiming you are not passing things off as reality or factual, when you repeatedly do.

That would be the globe, that you continually reject without cause, with simple questions clearly exposing your lies against it to be pure garbage.

You can demostrate it to yourself by testing water level
Such as by observing how level water obstructs the view to distant objects even though both the observer and the object are above water level, showing that water curves.

You are not disproving the globe by you not being able to measure the expected curvature in your sink.
Likewise, as Earth is not a tiny ball sitting on top of another much larger ball, you are not disproving it by pouring water onto a small ball sitting on top of a much larger ball.

I can...just not people like you or others on here and those that think water can sit on a spinning ball in a space vacuum.
Yes, when people aren't willing to just outright reject reality, it can be quite difficult to get them to accept your BS.
The only people you can convince are those who want an excuse to dismiss reality. They have already rejected it and just want to pretend that that rejection is justified.
But to those who aren't that irrational, who don't just want to reject reality, you can't convince them, because your claims are pure BS.

Only with your pathetic attacks against it.
They have no semblance of logic at all.
It is quite difficult to use logic to argue against reality like you seem to want to.
Instead all you have are lies and strawmen and repeated contradictions.
You can't even bring yourself to answer such trivial questions as those above because you demand one answer for the RE, while rejecting that same answer for the FE, to the exact same question which has no connection to the shape of Earth.

« Reply #5185 on: May 18, 2021, 03:15:29 AM »
What you mean is that there are no facts for a spinning globe that you are personally willing to accept as such.  Mainly because you have got your mind set on the belief that the Earth isn't a spinning globe.  Fair enough. 

I would personally disagree with you as I'm sure a lot of others would do as well.  But that's just the way we think compared to the way you do.  I can actually think of quite a few ways of evidencing that the Earth is a globe.  But that's just my experience up to now. I don't find any of your arguments about water level etc etc the slightest bit convincing and so to me those are not facts disproving globe theory.  They are just personal views you have which in your mind 'proves' your beliefs.  An real 'fact' or 'proof' must be universal and provable by anyone. Not just the views of one person.

Indoctrination is acceptance of a truth or reality without any form of questioning whatsoever.  However science is just the opposite of that.  Scientists continually question everything they do and everything we experience. If I read something or I was told something and it didn't seem to 'add up' I would question it without hesitation.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:16:52 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #5186 on: May 18, 2021, 04:24:23 AM »

The tilt was worked out.

Refraction in your world is nonsense with your so called global curve, so that excuse is pointless.

You don't understand basic maths, so, the 8 inches per mile squared rule of thumb is already easy way over your head. When applied correctly, taking into account elevation and refraction, it works perfectly.

You have zero qualifications and zero credibility when it comes to basic maths, science, or geography, and all your fantastic ideas come out of the "how to be a flat earther" handbook.  No wonder nobody can take your theories seriously.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:30:07 AM by Smoke Machine »

« Reply #5187 on: May 18, 2021, 04:28:22 AM »
Show me a google map.

Sure:

This image in this post, is a three dimensional map in globe shape, zoomed out, of the maps you use for directions. It's a global map, and that's what you use.

Tell me how and why it is wrong.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 04:30:44 AM by Smoke Machine »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5188 on: May 18, 2021, 08:35:24 AM »

Thats a great starting point!   People like me.   

Im here, on a flat earth forum, reading about a few peoples beliefs and ideas on the matter.   

One of those opinions is that you really really really think that the earth is not a spinning sphere.   

So I'm asking, why can you not convincingly demonstrate to me that the earth ~is~ not a spinning sphere?

You say: water level, it looks flat, and if you pour water onto a sphere, it doesn't stick, but instead, always finds the lowest point available to it. 

Why is this not a convincing argument, a slam dunk, 100% proof, to someone like myself?

Because you are in no mind to pay attention to anything other than the global model you were indoctrinated with.

Water level is a slam dunk in my eyes but, until the masters/authority tell you otherwise, your globe is your globe.
I get it. Nobody wants to be an outcast. It's massively easier to basically follow the common  consensus.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5189 on: May 18, 2021, 08:38:24 AM »

And there you go showing that you are lying yet again, and showing that I was correct.
You claim you are not passing it off as factual and aren't passing it off as reality, but then go and directly contradict that, claiming that it is factual.

I said I'm not passing my theory off as fact.

I have no qualms about saying the Earth is not a globe and using one simple observation which is also testable and repeatable, with water level, to be clear on a fact that the Earth is not a globe we supposedly walk/sail/fly upon/over.