• 5620 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4950 on: May 08, 2021, 02:59:16 PM »
Quote from: Stash
Where's your map?

I don't need a map. I can navigate using the one's that are in use to get to destinations over an Earth that is not a spinning globe.

Ironic. Because the maps that are in use are based on a globe earth. Unless of course, you have one that is not. If so, what map is it that you use that is "in use" that is based upon a flat earth?

And as evidenced above, the airlines use a spheroid earth model for navigation. Again, unless of course you have a flat earth map/tech that is actually used instead. If so, what is it?

« Reply #4951 on: May 08, 2021, 03:08:19 PM »
I don't need a map. I can navigate using the one's that are in use to get to destinations over an Earth that is not a spinning globe.
Lets go back to basics then shall we.  If the Earth is not a spinning globe then lets have the Sceptimatic explanation as to why we have day and night. Nice and simple.

I emphasize explanation. Not just claim.   There is a difference.

« Reply #4952 on: May 08, 2021, 08:49:24 PM »
Sceptimatic, how's your scale model of the "flattish" Earth coming along? I have a couple of scale models of the globe earth I live on, and have personally measured distances I've actually travelled, as correct. I'm currently using one to make a scale model with the moon.

I figured a trip over Antarctica would do you some good, considering all the jargon you've picked up along the way from the flat earth priests, who unanimously agree that Antarctica is a ring of ice around the rim of the coin shaped earth. Oh, and let's not overlook your specially chosen avatar of hubcap flattish earth. Yes, we would see a lot of ice on our trip, but also a lot of mountains and valleys, and coastline. If you speak nicely with the pilots, perhaps they will let you see the cockpit, and how the plane is not constantly turning and banking, and then see what things look like, when the plane does bank, to turn around and return to Australia.

As for your argument, water is always flat, well, have you tried taking a shower, instead of always jumping in the bath with your little yellow duckies? Yes, I know the water in your bathtub looks very flat, scepti. But, in a shower, you get to have up close and personal time, with water droplets. I could post up some photos of water droplets for you to point out their flat sides, but I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence.

When you have a spare 5 minutes, explain how the sun sets below the horizon on your flattish earth model, when you have explained dozens of times, the horizon is theoretical. While you're at it, show me a photo of a plane, setting below the horizon as it recedes also? Then, explain how a lunar eclipse works on your scale model of flattish earth. Just to jog your memory, yes, a lunar eclipse occurs when the earth gets between the sun and the moon, in that black vastness we have all come to refer to as space, and you refer to as fantasy.

On your flattish earth scale model, does your sun and moon sit high in earth's atmosphere under the dome ceiling, like they do above your bed, or are they outside the transparent, glass like dome?

Post up some photos of your to scale flattish earth model, and I'll post up some photos of my to scale, earth and moon model.

« Reply #4953 on: May 08, 2021, 09:03:47 PM »
So many pointa there
Hes still yet to draw a circle and a triangle to scale.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4954 on: May 09, 2021, 02:17:30 AM »
N
More than youce orovided.

"Maasive tilt".

Keep dodging.
Still waiting for your proof.

The visual image reasonably, when scaled and compared, matched the document measured distances.

Proof.

Youve yet to do anything other than "sceppy says so".

Keep failing
Keep dodigng
Keep being a pos.
What visual image. What does it match?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4955 on: May 09, 2021, 02:20:02 AM »
Water conforms to its "container".  Level is not synonymous with flat, level is perpendicular to the direction of the apparent force of gravity.
Water "level"  proves spherical Earth.
Nice try and feel free to think like that. You know what I think of gravity so ....well, you know.
Nope water level clearly disproves a flat Earth.  I explained it clearly enough.  What aren't you understanding about it?
You're very welcome to that thought.
You unconditionally believe what you were massively indoctrinated into, so I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4956 on: May 09, 2021, 02:21:40 AM »
Born senses, observation, steady waters, aircraft, the list is long.
How does any of that provide evidence that the Earth is not spinning?  Beyond just what you believe? 

For example in exactly what way do aircraft provide evidence that the Earth is not spinning?  For instance why are flight times from the US back to the UK always shorter than flights from the UK to the US?
Jet stream.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4957 on: May 09, 2021, 02:22:30 AM »

Stop projecting your own inadequacies and put some real effort in.

Come on Jack, you can do better.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4958 on: May 09, 2021, 02:26:20 AM »
Where's your map?

Ironic. Because the maps that are in use are based on a globe earth.
You're told they are but you have no clue that they are.

Unless of course, you have one that is not.
Yep. I have the maps that we generally use. One's that get us to our destinations.
They're not global maps...just maps of terrain.

If so, what map is it that you use that is "in use" that is based upon a flat earth?
The one's normal people use.

And as evidenced above, the airlines use a spheroid earth model for navigation.
No, they don't.

Again, unless of course you have a flat earth map/tech that is actually used instead. If so, what is it?
I have maps that offer me routes through terrain, same as you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4959 on: May 09, 2021, 02:27:45 AM »
Lets go back to basics then shall we.  If the Earth is not a spinning globe then lets have the Sceptimatic explanation as to why we have day and night. Nice and simple.

As the sun reflection moves away and around the dome from you, it becomes night.
When it comes back over and around, it becomes day.

As simple as that.

« Reply #4960 on: May 09, 2021, 02:33:53 AM »
N
More than youce orovided.

"Maasive tilt".

Keep dodging.
Still waiting for your proof.

The visual image reasonably, when scaled and compared, matched the document measured distances.

Proof.

Youve yet to do anything other than "sceppy says so".

Keep failing
Keep dodigng
Keep being a pos.
What visual image. What does it match?

Play your shitass gamss
No onss buying it - Put up or shutup.

Mikey T.

« Reply #4961 on: May 09, 2021, 02:42:35 AM »

As the sun reflection moves away and around the dome from you, it becomes night.

As simple as that.
So in your delusion laden mind,, What else is reflected by the dome?  Or is it magic? 
Where is the sun then. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4962 on: May 09, 2021, 02:52:05 AM »
Sceptimatic, how's your scale model of the "flattish" Earth coming along?
Absolutely smashing.

Quote from: Smoke Machine
I have a couple of scale models of the globe earth I live on,
No you don't. You may have a few globes but they are not scale models of what you live on. In my opinion, of course.

and have personally measured distances I've actually travelled, as correct.

Such as?

I'm currently using one to make a scale model with the moon.
A scale model of something you have no clue about other than reading in books or seeing a light in the sky or harking back to men supposedly walking upon it in the most laughable pictures and actions.
Soon enough you'll tell me you've built a new house on your moon. I'll wait for that one.

I figured a trip over Antarctica would do you some good, considering all the jargon you've picked up along the way from the flat earth priests, who unanimously agree that Antarctica is a ring of ice around the rim of the coin shaped earth.
If you'd paid attention earlier on you would know by now that I do not have Antarctica as any ring around a rim.
There is no edge to my Earth. It's a cell....remember?

Oh, and let's not overlook your specially chosen avatar of hubcap flattish earth.
Keep that in mind as a yardstick to go from.

Yes, we would see a lot of ice on our trip, but also a lot of mountains and valleys, and coastline.
Yep, hence the flattish Earth.
If I say flat then you people go into pancake mode and disc mode, so it's best to keep you lot on an understanding.

If you speak nicely with the pilots, perhaps they will let you see the cockpit, and how the plane is not constantly turning and banking, and then see what things look like, when the plane does bank, to turn around and return to Australia.
I've never mentioned turning and banking.
Again your attention span is weak.
Point to point in a line or zig zag and only turning when about to reach an airport, or to deviate from weather....etc.

As for your argument, water is always flat, well, have you tried taking a shower, instead of always jumping in the bath with your little yellow duckies?
Again your attention span is weak.
You forgot the conforming to a container it is in.

If you want to argue water droplets we can do that.

Yes, I know the water in your bathtub looks very flat, scepti. But, in a shower, you get to have up close and personal time, with water droplets.
Yep, so let's see your reasoning for water droplets and I'll happily give you mine.
If you're going to appeal to gravity then let me see how it all works with your explanation. Don't just say, gravity does it because it makes you appear like you're hanging on to massive appeals to authority.

I could post up some photos of water droplets for you to point out their flat sides, but I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence.
I have no need to point out flat sides on water droplets.
Your intelligence is dipping like a lead sinker on a snapped line.

When you have a spare 5 minutes, explain how the sun sets below the horizon on your flattish earth model, when you have explained dozens of times, the horizon is theoretical.
The sun moves away and around and down the dome and is obscured from your sight because the reflection does not hit back to your sight. It hits water or land away from your sight.
Remember the sun is angled light, not level light.

While you're at it, show me a photo of a plane, setting below the horizon as it recedes also?
Nothing sets below any horizon. It becomes obscured by atmospheric mass.

Then, explain how a lunar eclipse works on your scale model of flattish earth.
It works as the reflections get obscured as they meet within the centre of Earth to wipe out reflection.
What you see outside against the dome is what's happening inside.

Just to jog your memory, yes, a lunar eclipse occurs when the earth gets between the sun and the moon, in that black vastness we have all come to refer to as space, and you refer to as fantasy.
No, it doesn't. Not in the way you think, anyway. IMO.

On your flattish earth scale model, does your sun and moon sit high in earth's atmosphere under the dome ceiling, like they do above your bed, or are they outside the transparent, glass like dome?
There is no transparent glass dome.
Everything you see is inside the cell you are in, called Earth.
You see nothing outside of that. other than the absence of light or blackness as a reflective barrier to the ice dome and back to your vision, from actions within.

Post up some photos of your to scale flattish earth model, and I'll post up some photos of my to scale, earth and moon model.
Be careful with yours. Try not to spin it or the drinks will likely all clatter around it and shatter the bottles and drinks glasses.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 02:59:15 AM by sceptimatic »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4963 on: May 09, 2021, 02:55:26 AM »

As simple as that.
So in your delusion laden mind,, What else is reflected by the dome?  Or is it magic? 
Where is the sun then.
Everything you see in that sky barring man made objects and icicles, etc, are reflections.

The sun as you see it's reflection is in the centre of Earth projecting out onto the dome along with many other points of light through crystals.

It gives us points of light and holographic images of what's going on inside.
In my theory.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4964 on: May 09, 2021, 03:00:27 AM »

Yep. I have the maps that we generally use. One's that get us to our destinations.

Why do distances south of the equator show a decreasing circumference, like on a globe?
Maybe you can elaborate on what you're saying.

Explain what you're trying to get across.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #4965 on: May 09, 2021, 05:28:08 AM »

As simple as that.

If the atmosphere can block the reflected light from the windmills causing them to disappear behind the horizon, why can we see the reflected light of the sun off the dome.  Why isn't the atmosphere blocking it as well.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #4966 on: May 09, 2021, 06:10:23 AM »
Everything you see in that sky barring man made objects and icicles, etc, are reflections.
Manmade objects in the sky = planes.  Yes get that bit.
Ice crystals in the sky = contrails or high level clouds eg cirrus
Icicles in the sky = ? 

The sun as you see it's reflection is in the centre of Earth projecting out onto the dome along with many other points of light through crystals.
So the Sun actually exists in the centre of the Earth and what we see is a reflection off the inside surface of a dome which nobody has so far been able to confirm the physical existence of. That' brilliant. It takes some considerable amount of genius to come up with that one.  Just a couple of questions at this point.  How and when did this dome get put in place and what is it made of? Is this dome an actual 'thing' which I could reach out and touch as in a planetarium or is it just a perspective effect? Without that information I can't be convinced.

Come to think of it how did the Sun come to form in the centre of the Earth in the first place?!?  This theory of Sceptimatics seems to create more questions than it does answers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:46:34 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #4967 on: May 09, 2021, 06:49:26 AM »
Absolutely smashing.

No you don't. You may have a few globes but they are not scale models of what you live on. In my opinion, of course.

Ohooo.NOW its your opinion that the globe is false?
Thought befroe it was 100% fact ?!

Why dont you draw a 100% circle with a 0.1% wedge cut out.

Mikey T.

« Reply #4968 on: May 09, 2021, 07:41:26 AM »
Water conforms to its "container".  Level is not synonymous with flat, level is perpendicular to the direction of the apparent force of gravity.
Water "level"  proves spherical Earth.
Nice try and feel free to think like that. You know what I think of gravity so ....well, you know.
Nope water level clearly disproves a flat Earth.  I explained it clearly enough.  What aren't you understanding about it?
You're very welcome to that thought.
You unconditionally believe what you were massively indoctrinated into, so I wouldn't expect anything else from you.
It's not indoctrination if you can test it for yourself.  It's indoctrination if it requires faith, magic, or conspiracyTM.
Ill just be here in reality watching the cult members like you do your moronic dance.  It's fun and it actually forces me to verify.
Dance a bit more fool, im not quite bored yet.

JackBlack

« Reply #4969 on: May 09, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
Stop projecting your own inadequacies and put some real effort in.
Come on Jack, you can do better.
There you go yet again.
I would say you can do better, but I really don't think you can.
You are arguing for pure BS, with literally nothing to back up your outright lies.

Again, the math is irrefutable.
The tilt you claim should be massive is a tiny 0.27 degrees.
You have nothing to refute or challenge this.

A simple 1 inch wide tube, 10 inches long, when 2 m above Earth, can see the ground.
Again, the math is irrefutable and you have nothing at all to refute it.
You can't even answer trivial questions which show you are wrong.

Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?

That is just how pathetic your position is.

You really need to figure out how to do better, even if it is just admitting that you are wrong, as you have been repeatedly.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4970 on: May 09, 2021, 05:33:57 PM »
Where's your map?

I'm not "told", I (and you) are shown they are. As in evidence.

Can you share an example of a terrain map you have used?

If so, what map is it that you use that is "in use" that is based upon a flat earth?

Can you share an example of a map you have used?

No, they don't.

Ummm, yeah, they actually do. And I can prove it. In the States, the FAA governs all flights, commercial and otherwise. As such, all commercial airlines, and ultimately pilots, are required to use the FAA mandated "Aeronautical Sectional Charts" for flight planning/navigation. There are about 37 different sectional charts for the mainland US, as seen here:

Notice the arcing Longitude & Latitude lines? That's because these required maps/charts use a projection. That's right, a globe projection. But I'll get to that in a second.

For an example of one of the 37 sectional charts, here's what the "San Francisco FAA Aeronautical Chart" looks like:

It provides all kinds of information regarding terrain, elevations, radio towers, airfields, restricted zones, etc. Everything a pilot needs and is required to have.

Back to the projection...If you zoom into the left side of the map area, you will see this:

Notice how the chart specifies that it uses a "Lambert Conformal Conic Projection" and the datum is referenced by the "World Geodetic System 1984", aka WGS-84. Now as has been shown to you before the WGS-84 is:

"...a standard for use in cartography, geodesy, and satellite navigation including GPS. This standard includes the definition of the coordinate system's fundamental and derived constants, the ellipsoidal (normal) Earth Gravitational Model (EGM), a description of the associated World Magnetic Model (WMM), and a current list of local datum transformations."

In other words, the reference ellipsoid shape of the earth is a globe.

Now to the projection. The "Lambert Conformal Conic Projection" is described as:

"...conic map projection used for aeronautical charts, portions of the State Plane Coordinate System, and many national and regional mapping systems...the projection seats a cone over the sphere of the Earth and projects the surface conformally onto the cone. The cone is unrolled, and the parallel that was touching the sphere is assigned unit scale. That parallel is called the reference parallel or standard parallel."

Created much like this:

So, you see, you are wrong, airlines do use a globe model and are required to do so. And magically, those globe charts get the thousands of flights a day to where they need to go.

Again, unless of course you have a flat earth map/tech that is actually used instead. If so, what is it?

Great, share an example of one of these maps you use.

Mikey T.

« Reply #4971 on: May 09, 2021, 06:48:23 PM »

As simple as that.
Where is the sun then.

It gives us points of light and holographic images of what's going on inside.
In my theory.
So the blue of the sky, the clouds, etc are reflections?  What is the blue sky a reflection of?  I wont ask about the clouds as I think you misspoke and meant to include them as things not reflected.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4972 on: May 09, 2021, 09:21:45 PM »

The distance to Circumnavigate the earth anywhere south of the equator shows that distance to decrease the further south one chooses to circumnavigate. How does this work on your world?
Still not sure what you're trying to get at.
Elaborate further.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4973 on: May 09, 2021, 09:24:47 PM »

As simple as that.

If the atmosphere can block the reflected light from the windmills causing them to disappear behind the horizon, why can we see the reflected light of the sun off the dome.  Why isn't the atmosphere blocking it as well.
It's higher up the dome and you see it by angle from below dense atmosphere to above less dense atmosphere.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4974 on: May 09, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »
Manmade objects in the sky = planes.  Yes get that bit.
Ice crystals in the sky = contrails or high level clouds eg cirrus
Icicles in the sky = ? 
What we see and are told are, comets, meteorites and what not.

Quote from: Solarwind
So the Sun actually exists in the centre of the Earth and what we see is a reflection off the inside surface of a dome which nobody has so far been able to confirm the physical existence of.

Not in the way we're told.
It exists as a carbon arc.
Like a big welding arc.

That' brilliant. It takes some considerable amount of genius to come up with that one.
It actually just takes a bit of logical thinking and a few simple experiments.

Just a couple of questions at this point.  How and when did this dome get put in place and what is it made of?
The dome is natural. It is near dormant ice. Not the below ice we see but a nitrogen, helium, hydrogen etc, like ice that forms s part of the stacking system I mentioned.
It becomes dormant because of the much lessening pressure as it sits within that stack, high above.

Is this dome an actual 'thing' which I could reach out and touch as in a planetarium or is it just a perspective effect?
You'd never reach it. You're not equipped to reach it and nor is any machine., In my opinion.

Without that information I can't be convinced.
I dn't ask nor expect you be convinced. You go with whatever you want to go with. You are asking me questions and I'm providing answers.
What you do with those answers is entirely up to you.

Come to think of it how did the Sun come to form in the centre of the Earth in the first place?!?
How does any cell form?

This theory of Sceptimatics seems to create more questions than it does answers.
If it was nailed on provable then the Earth would be nailed on habitable by us mere humans throughout, to explore.
Unfortunately we can't do that, throughout for many reasons. In my opinion.

My theory is far from complete and I have many many many questions which I will come to conclusions with over time, in as many as I can.

« Reply #4975 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:55 PM »
Good, sceptimatic, good! Was that a whiff of anger I smell?

I got you to admit you think the sky is encased in a dome and that the sun zooms around like the head of a kid on a merry go round. I also got you to admit you think the shape of the earth is circular, even though you keep protesting you dont know what shape it is.

So, is the top of the dome, or cell, shaped like the dome of a snow globe, or like the top of a cylinder? Because if it were a dome, your amazing sun would need to decrease altitude everytime

If you think the earth is the inside of a cell, then you must think the dome or cylinder, is made of the same material the earth is - rock and soil. Rock and soil is brown. How does your magical whirling sun shine down on everything on the ground revealing all the colors we see, but yet, when it shines to the ceiling of your sky dome, it is sky blue?

Did the rabbit give you anything other than magic mushrooms to eat, when you fell down the rabbit hole?

Never underestimate the value of scale models, sceptimatic. I'll bet yours is smashing indeed. Smashes common sense and all the known laws of physics, doesn't it?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4976 on: May 09, 2021, 10:36:58 PM »
It's not indoctrination if you can test it for yourself.
But you can't, so you're entirely reliant on the story.

Quote from: Mikey T.
  It's indoctrination if it requires faith, magic, or conspiracyTM.
Which is exactly what your model does.

Ill just be here in reality watching the cult members like you do your moronic dance.
Whatever you can picture that keeps you happy, then go for it.

It's fun and it actually forces me to verify.
I'm glad I can help.

Dance a bit more fool, im not quite bored yet.
Good. Keep imagining me dancing and you'll banish your boredom.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4977 on: May 09, 2021, 10:37:42 PM »

There you go yet again.

What do you mean?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4978 on: May 09, 2021, 10:38:38 PM »
Absolutely smashing.

Ohooo.NOW its your opinion that the globe is false?
Thought befroe it was 100% fact ?!

Why dont you draw a 100% circle with a 0.1% wedge cut out.
It's still my opinion.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4979 on: May 09, 2021, 10:41:01 PM »
Where's your map?

I'm not "told", I (and you) are shown they are. As in evidence.

Can you share an example of a terrain map you have used?

Can you share an example of a map you have used?

No, they don't.

Ummm, yeah, they actually do. And I can prove it. In the States, the FAA governs all flights, commercial and otherwise. As such, all commercial airlines, and ultimately pilots, are required to use the FAA mandated "Aeronautical Sectional Charts" for flight planning/navigation. There are about 37 different sectional charts for the mainland US, as seen here:

Notice the arcing Longitude & Latitude lines? That's because these required maps/charts use a projection. That's right, a globe projection. But I'll get to that in a second.

For an example of one of the 37 sectional charts, here's what the "San Francisco FAA Aeronautical Chart" looks like:

It provides all kinds of information regarding terrain, elevations, radio towers, airfields, restricted zones, etc. Everything a pilot needs and is required to have.

Back to the projection...If you zoom into the left side of the map area, you will see this:

Notice how the chart specifies that it uses a "Lambert Conformal Conic Projection" and the datum is referenced by the "World Geodetic System 1984", aka WGS-84. Now as has been shown to you before the WGS-84 is:

"...a standard for use in cartography, geodesy, and satellite navigation including GPS. This standard includes the definition of the coordinate system's fundamental and derived constants, the ellipsoidal (normal) Earth Gravitational Model (EGM), a description of the associated World Magnetic Model (WMM), and a current list of local datum transformations."

In other words, the reference ellipsoid shape of the earth is a globe.

Now to the projection. The "Lambert Conformal Conic Projection" is described as:

"...conic map projection used for aeronautical charts, portions of the State Plane Coordinate System, and many national and regional mapping systems...the projection seats a cone over the sphere of the Earth and projects the surface conformally onto the cone. The cone is unrolled, and the parallel that was touching the sphere is assigned unit scale. That parallel is called the reference parallel or standard parallel."

Created much like this:

So, you see, you are wrong, airlines do use a globe model and are required to do so. And magically, those globe charts get the thousands of flights a day to where they need to go.

Great, share an example of one of these maps you use.
Planes take off and angle up, then fly to a destination, then angle down.
There's your so called Earth arcing, nothing else.