What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

JackBlack

Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4920 on: May 07, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
You just accept it because
Because of the plentiful evidence supporting it and nothing to refute it.
What evidence?
We have been over this countless times. You asking for evidence is an exercise in dishonesty.
You either dismiss it as fake, or claim that it is wrong and that it is actually based upon a FE, or claim it shouldn't happen on a RE and should on a FE. But what is consistent is the fact you are never able to justify those lies.

Some examples of the evidence would be the photos provided earlier on in the thread, showing the horizon clearly below eye level, or the photos of distant objects, where the bottom is obscured by level water, even though both the object and observer are above the water.

But there is plenty more. My favourite is the fact that there are 2 celestial poles which you can circle, keeping them on one side of you, and these poles are always 180 degrees apart. This is impossible on a FE.

And do you know what is better than evidence to show you are wrong?
Irrefutable logical arguments and simple questions you refuse to answer.
That is because you can't simply dismiss those arguments as fake like you can with evidence.
Like those which show that the tilt would be insignificant and that you can see the ground through a level tube.
Arguments you are yet to refute and just do whatever you can to avoid.

Again, 360 degrees * 30 km / 40000 km= 0.27 degrees. That is the tilt expected for those windmills.
There is no way out of this for you.
The amount hidden, based upon a 2 m observation height is h=(d-sqrt(2*o*R))^2/(2*R) = (30 km - sqrt(2 * 2 m * 6371 km))^2/(2*6371 km) = 49 m.

So plenty can be hidden without any significant tilt.

Again, simple math that shows beyond any doubt that your claims are pure BS, that you are blatantly lying to everyone to try to dismiss evidence for the globe and pretend it is evidence against the globe, all because of your irrational hatred of the globe.

Just like the simple questions you continually avoid show you know you are spouting BS.
You refuse to answer them because I have intentionally set them up in a way which does not depend on the shape of Earth, so you either admit you can see the ground through a level tube, including on a RE, or you lie and say you can't, which would apply on a FE and we go back to the tree.
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?

Already proven
Your repeated lies are not proof.
The only thing you have proven is how little you care for the truth.

Water level is the only thing needed
Which proves that Earth is round.

You are the one with nothing but lies.

It being real is the question, otherwise how can it be drawn to scale?
Quite easily.
You know the claimed distances, you can thus draw it to scale.
Why does something need to exist in reality to be drawn to scale?

This occurs quite often in the construction industry.
Buildings are drawn to scale before they are constructed. So before the building is real, to scale diagrams exist of them.
This also typically happens in manufacturing, where before components exist in reality, i.e. before they are real, to scale drawings exist of them.

But even things purely in fantasy can have to scale drawings and models made.

Drawing something to scale does not require it to exist in reality. All it requires is that the sizes are known.

Again, if you want to go down this path, the only honest thing for you to do is for you to say you have no idea what the tilt would be because you don't think Earth is real, and you have no idea if the ground should be visible through a level tube because you don't think Earth is real.
By claiming the tilt should be massive you are claiming to know the scales involved such that it would produce a massive tilt.

So either accept the fact that the tilt is insignificant, or accept the fact that you can determine what the tilt would be (numerically, not just "massive") even for an object that doesn't exist, and prove just what this tilt is, or claim that you cannot know what the tilt is and that you claiming it was massive was just wild speculation, or another blatant lie from you.

To be fair, you do struggle.....but, I'm ok with it even though it does become tedious.
The only one struggling in this thread (at least now) is you.
You continually struggle to justify your blatant lies against the RE.
Instead you just continually repeat them to pretend your irrational hatred is justified.

Nothing wrong with geometry for real stuff.
But there is a massive problem with the lies and strawmen you present against the RE.
For example, their is nothing wrong with the geometry for the real RE, which clearly shows the tilt is insignificant and you typically can see the ground through a level tube, even when that ground is curved or a downwards slope.
The problems only seem to arise when you start spouting BS.

what counts is how I understand what we are not living on, which is the nonsense global model we were bullied into accepting.
And what "counts" is that that "understanding" is based upon nothing more than irrational hatred.
You are completely incapable of justifying your irrational hatred of the globe.
Instead, all the evidence and logical thought indicates we do live on a globe.

« Reply #4921 on: May 07, 2021, 04:22:48 PM »

That's something wise used to say. Except for him it was 1000 posts.

So, have you proven the globe to be wrong, sceptimatic? When you do, get back to me.
Already proven so no need to get back to you other than tell you now.
Feel free to come up with anything you think you may have that proves different to what I've already shown.

Water level is the only thing needed....but there's plenty of other stuff.
You people have nothing.

I keep looking for the punch line in your posts, sceptimatic, but it never seems to arrive. ??? Are you sure you didn't forget to post at the end of this post of yours above, "I'm joking, you idiots!!!!!"  ???

Otherwise, your standard of proof is somewhat lower than mine, sceptimatic, like, thousands of kilometres under the deepest oceanic floor bed ever recorded.  :'(

If you were to present your standard of proof in front of Judge Judy for instance, the standard of proof you would have to reach is on the balance of probabilities. That standard is low, but could you imagine Judge Judy's verdict on your "evidence"? Can you imagine the look on her face? Yeah, so can I. So, it doesn't even reach near the bottom level of the balance of probabilities.

But for me, as you well know, the standard of proof you need to reach, is, "beyond a reasonable doubt." I think it"s fair to say anybody over the age of four and of sound mind reading your logic and rationale demonstrated in these posts, is reasonably doubtful of all your evidence. Reasonably is being kind, and in this case should be substituted with the word, "extremely".

I love your sense of humor big guy, you haven't broken character even once! Jump on a plane to Australia, Sceptimatic, and I'll shout you to a scenic day flight over Antarctica. I'm still thinking of working in the Australian division of the Antarctic Treaty, and I think the joy flight will help me make up my mind. We can drink beer, swap war stories, and look out the plane windows.

In the event you're not putting it all on, you need to see with your own two eyes Antarctica is a continent, not a shelf or an ice wall ring.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:27:09 PM by Smoke Machine »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4922 on: May 08, 2021, 01:34:52 AM »

Because based on measurements, its to scale.
Prove its not to scale.

Based on what measurements?
Prove it is to scale.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4923 on: May 08, 2021, 01:36:05 AM »
Prove the circle is a real circle?

Look at it.

Its a circle.
Its round
It has not corners

Thanks for confirming you dont knwo what a circle is.

Go back and watch some sesame street before trying to challenge you know better than all of modern science.
You're struggling and scraping the barrel.
Put some real effort in.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4924 on: May 08, 2021, 01:45:16 AM »
Since Sceptimatic is so convinced that we do not live on a spinning globe then perhaps he would explain what other mechanism causes the sky to rotate over our heads every day carrying the Sun, Moon, stars and planets with it.
While he is at it perhaps he could also explain why the positions of the planets (or dots of light in the sky as he likes to call them) changes relative to the stars over time.  Then perhaps he could also explain why a ring system appears around one of these planets (we call it Saturn) as soon as you look at it through a telescope and why four additional dots of light appear to move around a second planet (we call it Jupiter) as soon as you look at it through a telescope.  And why Jupiter shows bands across its disk and why you can see an oval shaped red spot quite clearly.

I realise that Sceptimatic thinks that the stars and planets are just dots of light in the sky. Be that as it may they are most definitely moving lights in the sky so that movement must be accounted for.

If the Earth is not spinning then something else must be causing that movement.  The Sun makes one complete circuit of the ecliptic over one year while the Moon completes a circuit in just one month.  Why the difference?
This might give you a big clue.

Humans are simply learning how to recreate, piece by piece what's naturally occuring.
What we are told, is another thing. In my opinion.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4925 on: May 08, 2021, 01:47:23 AM »

We have been over this countless times. You asking for evidence is an exercise in dishonesty.

No, it's not. It's an exercise is showing you people that your answers are totally reliant on appeals to authority.

You do not know the truth. You really don't.
If you do then show me and shut me up.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4926 on: May 08, 2021, 01:55:41 AM »

I keep looking for the punch line in your posts, sceptimatic, but it never seems to arrive. ??? Are you sure you didn't forget to post at the end of this post of yours above, "I'm joking, you idiots!!!!!"  ???

Otherwise, your standard of proof is somewhat lower than mine, sceptimatic, like, thousands of kilometres under the deepest oceanic floor bed ever recorded.  :'(

What is thousands of kilometres under the ocean floor?

Quote from: Smoke Machine

If you were to present your standard of proof in front of Judge Judy for instance, the standard of proof you would have to reach is on the balance of probabilities. That standard is low, but could you imagine Judge Judy's verdict on your "evidence"? Can you imagine the look on her face? Yeah, so can I. So, it doesn't even reach near the bottom level of the balance of probabilities.
I think if  showed judge Judy flat water and what not and you showed her photo's of a ball Earth, I think she would likely laugh at your effort.......if.....and I say........IF....she wasn't otherwise indoctrinated into he mainstream ideal, which she surely would.....so, she would not be unbiased.

But for me, as you well know, the standard of proof you need to reach, is, "beyond a reasonable doubt."
And you have nothing that stands up to that.

I think it"s fair to say anybody over the age of four and of sound mind reading your logic and rationale demonstrated in these posts, is reasonably doubtful of all your evidence. Reasonably is being kind, and in this case should be substituted with the word, "extremely".
It's fair to say that water level would make most people sit up and notice if they had a clear and unbiased mind.

I love your sense of humor big guy, you haven't broken character even once! Jump on a plane to Australia, Sceptimatic, and I'll shout you to a scenic day flight over Antarctica. I'm still thinking of working in the Australian division of the Antarctic Treaty, and I think the joy flight will help me make up my mind. We can drink beer, swap war stories, and look out the plane windows.
I love your sense of humour. You get to be what you want in life, on an internet forum and have a laugh with it. I like that.

In the event you're not putting it all on, you need to see with your own two eyes Antarctica is a continent, not a shelf or an ice wall ring.
Yeah, but seeing a wide expanse of ice is just that.

I don't have a wide expanse of ice as the edge of the world. There is no edge to the world I theorise on.

« Reply #4927 on: May 08, 2021, 02:30:26 AM »

Because based on measurements, its to scale.
Prove its not to scale.

Based on what measurements?
Prove it is to scale.

"I know you are but what am i"?

Pathetic grade schooler playground response.

Keep dodging you dont know how circles work.

Thats right
You
Dont know
How
Circles
Work.

Everyone say it with me.

- "Sceppy doesnt believe in circlss".

Because this POS wants to keep trolling on and deflecting.
Doubling down.
Digging un his heels.
Hingung his whole credibilty on arguing that circles arent a thing.

Good one.

Because you stated, you stated "for a fact", that the globe is false.
Not my job to prove my circle is to scale.
Any proof i gice yoy will wave away as it "apoeals to authroity".
If its fake, it can easily be proved false.
Just like we easily prove youre a pos.
So prove it is false.
Pathetic dodge and deflect to tell me to prove something and "put effort into it".
Go do some work.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:34:50 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #4928 on: May 08, 2021, 02:32:31 AM »
This might give you a big clue.
Ah right OK.  So in a planetarium we have a manmade projector powered by electricity projecting images of stars onto a manmade dome.  Yep I get that bit.  Now what about the real sky?  Where is the projector for that and who made the dome which the stars are projected onto?

Humans are simply learning how to recreate, piece by piece what's naturally occuring.
Absolutely.  That's exactly what a planetarium is.  A manmade system that simulates what occurs naturally.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 03:17:16 AM by Solarwind »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4929 on: May 08, 2021, 02:54:27 AM »

I stand by that.

Quote from: Themightykabool

It is your job if you want to argue it as being factual.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4930 on: May 08, 2021, 03:16:25 AM »
Umm, it's not an appeal to authority when it's simply straight up evidence.
Your so called evidence is entirely based on your appeal to authority.

Yep, it quite surely is. The said authority is what governs how commercial airplanes are to navigate around the globe. Without which, calamity would ensue.

For instance here, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), an authority that is the largest modern transportation agency and a governmental body of the United States with powers to regulate all aspects of civil aviation in that nation as well as over its surrounding international waters, makes mandates that all commercial airlines must follow. Specifically, in this case, navigational conformities. Without which, again, calamity would ensue in the skies above the earth. Some body needs to be an authority in order to make these marvels of aeronautic mech navigate the globe safely thousands of instances in a given day. Wouldn't you agree? Seems rather sage to have governing standards as to how these flying machines mess about transporting individuals and goods from A to B safely and securely. No? I mean all of this must be managed under the guidance of some authority(s). Certainly not yours or mine. Just look at it:

That all requires a tremendous amount of authority and guidance. No?

Take for example FAA authority and guidance on navigation. Let's look at the FAA's U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION ORDER
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, "United States Standard for Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Instrument Procedure Design" protocols. Referenced here: https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/FAA_Order_8260.58.pdf

For starters, it's purpose: "1.0 Purpose of This Order. This order provides a consolidated United States Performance BasedNavigation (PBN) procedure design criteria"

If you peruse the document, you will find many references to the WGS-84 spheroid model of earth as a datum that is to be considered sacrosanct in terms of standardized navigational methodologies and execution. I won't bore you with the 82 references to the WGS-84 spheroid earth model contained therein, you can see for yourself.

So yes, this is an appeal to an authority. It's also evidence. And the appeal is to that authority that governs and contributes and defines and designs and mandates the successful transport by air of goods and humans all over the globe.

And your singular rebuttal is an appeal to your own authority regarding a simpleton response regarding water and holographically projected celestial objects emanating from a carbonite crystal laser lair at the north pole onto a dome that breathes...How precious...And authoritative...And lacking any and all evidence...And a rotating globe earth sounds strange in comparison to that? Wow!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4931 on: May 08, 2021, 03:26:00 AM »

Yep, it quite surely is. The said authority is what governs how commercial airplanes are to navigate around the globe. Without which, calamity would ensue.

For instance here, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), an authority that is the largest modern transportation agency and a governmental body of the United States with powers to regulate all aspects of civil aviation in that nation as well as over its surrounding international waters, makes mandates that all commercial airlines must follow. Specifically, in this case, navigational conformities. Without which, again, calamity would ensue in the skies above the earth. Some body needs to be an authority in order to make these marvels of aeronautic mech navigate the globe safely thousands of instances in a given day. Wouldn't you agree? Seems rather sage to have governing standards as to how these flying machines mess about transporting individuals and goods from A to B safely and securely. No? I mean all of this must be managed under the guidance of some authority(s). Certainly not yours or mine. Just look at it:

Take for example FAA authority and guidance on navigation. Let's look at the FAA's U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION ORDER
FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, "United States Standard for Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Instrument Procedure Design" protocols. Referenced here: https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Order/FAA_Order_8260.58.pdf

For starters, it's purpose: "1.0 Purpose of This Order. This order provides a consolidated United States Performance BasedNavigation (PBN) procedure design criteria"

If you peruse the document, you will find many references to the WGS-84 spheroid model of earth as a datum that is to be considered sacrosanct in terms of standardized navigational methodologies and execution. I won't bore you with the 82 references to the WGS-84 spheroid earth model contained therein, you can see for yourself.

So yes, this is an appeal to an authority. It's also evidence. And the appeal is to that authority that governs and contributes and defines and designs and mandates the successful transport by air of goods and humans all over the globe.

And your singular rebuttal is an appeal to your own authority regarding a simpleton response regarding water and holographically projected celestial objects emanating from a carbonite crystal laser lair at the north pole onto a dome that breathes...How precious...And authoritative...And lacking any and all evidence...And a rotating globe earth sounds strange in comparison to that? Wow!
Let's be clear on this.
There are a lot of clever idea and clever stuff invented that cater for safe travel and safe workings on many many levels.
It's just not done on a spinning globe around a big fiery sn in a space vacuum.

« Reply #4932 on: May 08, 2021, 03:33:48 AM »

I stand by that.

Good
By that same merit
It is your job ti orove your tilt is massive.
Go prove it.

Guess im a sucker

The pixel diameter was 12,750km :1000pixels
Madagascar is about 400km wide and it was 50pixels.
0.035 vs 0.05 is very close given the big error in my estiamtion.

See how simple to provide a proof?
Back over to you dodger mcdodgyface

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4933 on: May 08, 2021, 03:38:19 AM »

I stand by that.

Good
By that same merit
It is your job ti orove your tilt is massive.
Go prove it.

Guess im a sucker

The pixel diameter was 12,750km :1000pixels
Madagascar is about 400km wide and it was 50pixels.
0.035 vs 0.05 is very close given the big error in my estiamtion.

See how simple to provide a proof?
Back over to you dodger mcdodgyface
You are providing nothing of any proof.
Carry on if you want but you are achieving nothing.

« Reply #4934 on: May 08, 2021, 03:51:44 AM »
N
More than youce orovided.

"Maasive tilt".

Keep dodging.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4935 on: May 08, 2021, 03:57:39 AM »
N

"Maasive tilt".

Keep dodging.
Still waiting for your proof.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4936 on: May 08, 2021, 04:00:05 AM »

Let's be clear on this.
There are a lot of clever idea and clever stuff invented that cater for safe travel and safe workings on many many levels.
It's just not done on a spinning globe around a big fiery sn in a space vacuum.

It's just not done so sayeth you. But you have no evidence to the contrary. It's literally just you saying, "I don't believe..." Which is fine. But it's just an opinion. A belief. What is your evidence to the contrary? Where's your map? Where's your Flat Earth guidance for how all of those 1000's of planes navigate without calamity, all appealing to an authority as to how not make calamitous events occur? They are guided by authority instructing them to conform to standards that are shared worldwide. The evidence is in the fact that it all works. What's your evidence that it doesn't?

Water is level? That's your simpleton argument? I could get all marine geodesy on you, but it would be completely lost on you at the same time. That's all you got?

Read the documentation, absorb it. This authority is not just running around with the intent to obscure the shape of the earth or drive FEer's crazy. The authority is literally governing and standardizing how safe air transport can happen so goods and humans can get where they need to go...safely. It's not rocket science.

At the end of the day, where's your map? We, out here, have a map that gets us to anywhere we want to go to on the planet. And very verifiable journeys verify the distances necessary to get where we want to get to. Where's your map?

In the absence of all that, you have no evidence to support your belief system and have continually shirked any responsibility to provide evidence other than proclamations.

Counter the documentation already provided with actual evidentiary documentation or similar, or produce a map, or simply concede.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4937 on: May 08, 2021, 04:20:24 AM »
It's just not done so sayeth you. But you have no evidence to the contrary.
Water level/flatness.
Very simple.

Quote from: Stash
It's literally just you saying, "I don't believe..." Which is fine. But it's just an opinion.

I say I don't believe because I have simple proof.

A belief. What is your evidence to the contrary?

Water level/flatness.

Where's your map?

I don't need a map. I can navigate using the one's that are in use to get to destinations over an Earth that is not a spinning globe.

Where's your Flat Earth guidance for how all of those 1000's of planes navigate without calamity, all appealing to an authority as to how not make calamitous events occur?

Already is use by those who use them.

They are guided by authority instructing them to conform to standards that are shared worldwide.
Conforming to what standards?
Simply navigation over Earth which is not a spinning globe.

The evidence is in the fact that it all works. What's your evidence that it doesn't?
Water is level?
Yep, water is level and flat when not disturbed.

That's your simpleton argument?

That's one very simple argument and proof....yes.

I could get all marine geodesy on you, but it would be completely lost on you at the same time. That's all you got?

Go for it. Let's see what you have because you have absolutely nothing as of yet.

Read the documentation, absorb it. This authority is not just running around with the intent to obscure the shape of the earth or drive FEer's crazy.

No ned to.
Also I don't see anyone going crazy.

The authority is literally governing and standardizing how safe air transport can happen so goods and humans can get where they need to go...safely.

Yep but it's not done on a spinning globe.
Your own logic should kick in with this but you refuse to allow it.

It's not rocket science.

Actually it sort of, is.

Very similar operations but in varying set ups..

At the end of the day, where's your map?

The maps are all over. We use them every day.
We, out here, have a map that gets us to anywhere we want to go to on the planet.
Yep and so do we. They're the same maps.
They're just not maps of a spinning globe.

And very verifiable journeys verify the distances necessary to get where we want to get to.

Yep, but not on a spinning globe.

Where's your map?

I have a few maps for varying travel. They're similar to your maps that do not use a spinning globe.

In the absence of all that, you have no evidence to support your belief system and have continually shirked any responsibility to provide evidence other than proclamations.

Water level/flatness.
Just that one piece is more than enough to wipe out the spinning global set up.

Counter the documentation already provided with actual evidentiary documentation or similar, or produce a map, or simply concede.
How about you concede because water level/flatness is there in front of you and you know it.

Mikey T.

« Reply #4938 on: May 08, 2021, 06:21:19 AM »
Water conforms to its "container".  Level is not synonymous with flat, level is perpendicular to the direction of the apparent force of gravity.
Water "level"  proves spherical Earth.

« Reply #4939 on: May 08, 2021, 07:31:08 AM »
Setting aside shape for a moment, what makes you so convinced that the Earth is not spinning?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4940 on: May 08, 2021, 07:48:43 AM »
Water conforms to its "container".  Level is not synonymous with flat, level is perpendicular to the direction of the apparent force of gravity.
Nice try and feel free to think like that. You know what I think of gravity so ....well, you know.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4941 on: May 08, 2021, 07:49:58 AM »
Yep and so do we. They're the same maps.
They're just not maps of a spinning globe.

I have a few maps for varying travel. They're similar to your maps that do not use a spinning globe.

So are the distances the same as they would be on a globe? They would be with our maps and They're the same maps.
No. There's no map for a globe that we're told we walk upon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4942 on: May 08, 2021, 07:51:46 AM »
Setting aside shape for a moment, what makes you so convinced that the Earth is not spinning?
Born senses, observation, steady waters, aircraft, the list is long.

« Reply #4943 on: May 08, 2021, 08:02:33 AM »
N

"Maasive tilt".

Keep dodging.

The visual image reasonably, when scaled and compared, matched the document measured distances.

Proof.

Youve yet to do anything other than "sceppy says so".

Keep failing
Keep dodigng
Keep being a pos.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:06:38 AM by Themightykabool »

Mikey T.

« Reply #4944 on: May 08, 2021, 08:56:11 AM »
Nice try and feel free to think like that. You know what I think of gravity so ....well, you know.
Nope water level clearly disproves a flat Earth.  I explained it clearly enough.  What aren't you understanding about it?

« Reply #4945 on: May 08, 2021, 09:36:29 AM »
Nope water level clearly disproves a flat Earth.  I explained it clearly enough.  What aren't you understanding about it?

Youre asking the guy who cant conprehend circles and triangles to understand concentric circles and that all things go "down" towards the center (and not down in general down to eventually fall off the bottom).

Mikey T.

« Reply #4946 on: May 08, 2021, 11:35:11 AM »

Youre asking the guy who cant conprehend circles and triangles to understand concentric circles and that all things go "down" towards the center (and not down in general down to eventually fall off the bottom).
But there is no explanation of down in the FE model.  Why do thing tend to go down, what is down, what causes it? 
Gravity more precisely describes what down is, it has been thoroughly tested and measured.  It makes sense without magic, unlike every single FE proposal..  Does it have some unexplained portions? Yeah, at the quantum level, but it isn't that it disagrees with itself or requires magical components, it's things we have not yet been able to test. 
So, using the known and tested definition of level, which is perpendicular to the apparent force of gravity, water finding its level debunks FE.  The atmospheric gradient disproves the FE since they have no downward process that better describes what down is.  Water being fluid and therefore conforming to the container disproves FE.  I could go on for days just listing the things that prove FE is horseshit.

« Reply #4947 on: May 08, 2021, 11:48:56 AM »
Born senses, observation, steady waters, aircraft, the list is long.
How does any of that provide evidence that the Earth is not spinning?  Beyond just what you believe? 

For example in exactly what way do aircraft provide evidence that the Earth is not spinning?  For instance why are flight times from the US back to the UK always shorter than flights from the UK to the US?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 11:51:34 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #4948 on: May 08, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »
Prevailing winds.

JackBlack

« Reply #4949 on: May 08, 2021, 02:22:22 PM »
You're struggling and scraping the barrel.
Put some real effort in.
Stop projecting your own inadequacies and put some real effort in.
Stop just making baseless claims which are shown to be outright lies and instead put in some effort and try to justify those lies of yours.

No, it's not.
Yes it is, as you will just dismiss any evidence that is provided that shows you are wrong.
You are not willing to accept anything anyone provides which shows you are wrong.
As such, asking for it is an exercise in dishonesty.

If you do then show me and shut me up.
You mean show you and then just have you call it fake, or blatantly lie about the RE?

Again, this is why I use logical arguments rather than evidence, you can't dismiss it as fake.

But even that can't shut you up as you don't care about the truth at all.

If you actually cared about the truth you would have admitted that the tilt should not be massive, or provided the math to show it is.

It's fair to say that water level would make most people sit up and notice if they had a clear and unbiased mind.
Notice that Earth is round, with how this level water obscures the bottom of distant objects.
It is only with an extreme bias like your irrational hatred of the globe that would lead them to think level water is magically flat.

No you aren't.
You have been provided the proof and you just ignore it, because you cannot refute it.

Again (30 km / 40000 km) * 360 degrees = 0.27 degrees.
The tilt is insignificant.
We are still waiting on you to either do the impossible and refute this trivial math and provide the math to show there is massive tilt, or admit you are wrong and that the tilt isn't massive.

Just like we are still waiting on you answering trivial questions which clearly show you are wrong.
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?