What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

JackBlack

Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4770 on: May 05, 2021, 02:10:47 AM »
No, you haven't.
You ignoring it wont magically make it go away.
Again, the math shows you are wrong, beyond any doubt. It is irrefutable.

For a RE with a circumference of 40 000 km, you would need to go 40 000 km around Earth to have the tilt go through 360 degrees.
That means if you want a tilt of 1 degree, you have to go a 360th of the way around, i.e. ~111 km.
That also means that if you only go a distance of 30 km, that means it is a tilt of 360*30/40 000 degrees = 0.27 degrees.

Again, this shows beyond any doubt that you are wrong.
As it is irrefutable, you just ignore it, and try to dismiss it as fantasy, even though you can find no fault with it.

Just like you continue to ignore the questions that show beyond any doubt that you are wrong:
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?

If the math shows the proof
It does. It proves beyond any doubt that the tilt expected on a globe for those windmills is 0.27 degrees, not the massive tilt fantasy you want to go with.

The photo's of Earth from space are said to be composites.
Only some. Others are single photo.

They're certainly not from space
There you go spouting lies as facts again.

But yet....but yet, smokey lad......we get shown utter nonsense like
like your complete inability to understand how lenses work.

The list of nonsense is almost endless with this global set up.
You mean your nonsense claims about it to continue your irrational attack?

Maybe you should read what I've said.
Maybe you should read a dictionary and stop pretending words mean something completely different?

I'm not arguing that.
Stop lying.
That is what you are arguing.
You are claiming that the windmills should be tilted like crazy on the RE, even though they are only a tiny portion of the circumference around Earth.

I'm telling you
And that is the problem, all you do is tell, repeating your same pathetic, refuted lies.
Stop telling and start justifying.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4771 on: May 05, 2021, 02:31:41 AM »

I ask again, do you have any doubt about your feelings here?  Could be the tilt be different than you imagine it to be on a large sphere?
If you lot believe your turbines are dipped well below sight like you believe going down a curve then your tilt would be massively evident.
I'm not interested in your so called global calculations, just the observations.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4772 on: May 05, 2021, 02:37:38 AM »

So now you are agreeing that 2 spheres with the same radius but different densities are the same volume?
Nope.

Quote from: Mikey T.
  Because you clearly have not been.  You are rather delusional.  I quoted you.  I didn't misread anything.
Clearly, you did.

You are wrong, you can't admit being wrong, even about something as trivial as misunderstanding volume.
I'm not wrong.

You can't admit to that because you would have to admit to yourself that your claims are all garbage and full of blatant lies.
I have no reason to.

So what is volume?  I need your definition, it's wrong, but we need to start figuring out what you mean when you clearly misuse words and terms.
It's explained above. Pay attention to it.

Perhaps you aren't just a troll, maybe there is some mental damage we can adjust for.
Adjust what you feel the need to and think what you want to think.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4773 on: May 05, 2021, 02:39:38 AM »
Sceppy,
Can you explain to us what you mean by tilt?
I think it's another one of your words where you are using a different definition to the rest of us.
It's just tipping at an angle from plumb.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4774 on: May 05, 2021, 02:40:51 AM »

You ignoring it wont magically make it go away.

Ignoring, what?

Mikey T.

« Reply #4775 on: May 05, 2021, 02:53:30 AM »

So now you are agreeing that 2 spheres with the same radius but different densities are the same volume?
Nope.

Because you clearly have not been.  You are rather delusional.  I quoted you.  I didn't misread anything.
Clearly, you did.

You are wrong, you can't admit being wrong, even about something as trivial as misunderstanding volume.
I'm not wrong.

You can't admit to that because you would have to admit to yourself that your claims are all garbage and full of blatant lies.
I have no reason to.

So what is volume?  I need your definition, it's wrong, but we need to start figuring out what you mean when you clearly misuse words and terms.

Perhaps you aren't just a troll, maybe there is some mental damage we can adjust for.
I don't think it, I know you are just a waste of "volume".  Just trolling to be trolling.

« Reply #4776 on: May 05, 2021, 02:54:01 AM »

I ask again, do you have any doubt about your feelings here?  Could be the tilt be different than you imagine it to be on a large sphere?
If you lot believe your turbines are dipped well below sight like you believe going down a curve then your tilt would be massively evident.

Yes, I know you feel that way.   You get a gold star for expressing your feelings again.   You still didn't answer the question though, are you completely sure about your feelings, or is there any chance in your mind that you could be wrong?

I'm not interested in your so called global calculations

Lets be honest, you are not interested in ANY calculations whatsoever.  Math is a complete enigma to you, isn't it?

Did you have a very particularly bad experience with mathematics as a child?  I have met other people who also do not understand math AT ALL as adults, and normally it stems from having one or two years as a child where they just couldn't get it, often attributable to a single bad teacher.  And since math is sequential, once you lose your footing it is incredibly difficult to progress any further. 

The positive is that you can learn the basics of math still, even as an adult.  It is difficult, but rewarding. 

If not, then stick to your feelings as you normally do, but know there are simple, easily relatable reasons (beyond global indoctrination!!!!) that people will disagree with those feelings. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4777 on: May 05, 2021, 03:05:12 AM »
So what is your definition of an Angle?
I think it's another one of your words where you are using a different definition to the rest of us.
Anything  angled away from plumb.

Quote from: Bored
So what is your definition of Plumb?
I know it's another one of your words where you are using a different definition to the rest of us.
Perfectly vertical.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4778 on: May 05, 2021, 03:05:51 AM »

Nope.

Clearly, you did.

I'm not wrong.

I have no reason to.

I don't think it, I know you are just a waste of "volume".  Just trolling to be trolling.
Obviously not enough for you not to waste your time, right?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4779 on: May 05, 2021, 03:17:02 AM »
are you completely sure about your feelings, or is there any chance in your mind that you could be wrong?

There's absolutely no chance in hell that I'm wrong about not believing in a spinning globe that we are told we live upon. I'm 100% rigid on this.

Quote from: sobchak

Lets be honest, you are not interested in ANY calculations whatsoever.  Math is a complete enigma to you, isn't it?
It all depends on what those math are and when it's required.

If I do real time stuff that requires calculations, I'll do them.
I won't waste one second of effort trying to calculate a light in the sky because I'm told it's so far away it requires, blah blah blah.

Did you have a very particularly bad experience with mathematics as a child?
I was beaten very hard with a plastic number 1.  ;)

I have met other people who also do not understand math AT ALL as adults, and normally it stems from having one or two years as a child where they just couldn't get it, often attributable to a single bad teacher.
Learn the stuff you need to get on in life. Leave the stuff that does not suit your needs and learn them as and when your need arises.

And since math is sequential, once you lose your footing it is incredibly difficult to progress any further.
Like anything.

The positive is that you can learn the basics of math still, even as an adult.  It is difficult, but rewarding.
I can use math whenever I need to for the things I do. I have no issue with it from how I calculate.

If not, then stick to your feelings as you normally do, but know there are simple, easily relatable reasons (beyond global indoctrination!!!!) that people will disagree with those feelings.
Of course people will disagree with me, just as I disagree with them. The nature of the beast.

« Reply #4780 on: May 05, 2021, 04:02:29 AM »
are you completely sure about your feelings, or is there any chance in your mind that you could be wrong?

There's absolutely no chance in hell that I'm wrong about not believing in a spinning globe that we are told we live upon. I'm 100% rigid on this.

But that is not what I asked.  I know you are inflexible on your feelings about the shape of the earth.  But what about your feelings on the tilt that would be associated by moving 0.075% of the circumference of a global earth.   You feel it would be massive tilt.  Could you be wrong in your feelings about that?

Did you have a very particularly bad experience with mathematics as a child?
I was beaten very hard with a plastic number 1.  ;)

For me it was a plastic "i".   I would go into the details but it was complex. 

I have met other people who also do not understand math AT ALL as adults, and normally it stems from having one or two years as a child where they just couldn't get it, often attributable to a single bad teacher.
Learn the stuff you need to get on in life. Leave the stuff that does not suit your needs and learn them as and when your need arises.

Leave the stuff the does not suit your needs.  Sounds like good advice. 

However, you literally spend hours every day arguing about the shape of the world.  Why though would you leave geometry behind???  It the most basic tool to use in understanding shape, size, and position, all the things you bicker endlessly about here. 

Wouldn't basic geometry be something that would be useful here?  Something that would allow you to move beyond your feelings and imagination?

« Reply #4781 on: May 05, 2021, 05:19:53 AM »

I'm content in the knowledge that the spinning globe is nothing other than a fantasy story told and sold to the public.
A fiction placed on the fact shelf of libraries, or the science shelf when it should be on the fiction and pseudoscience shelves.

And you are certainly welcome to that opinion and to file it on the fiction shelf in your mind.   Meanwhile, everyone else will put your story, the crazy worldwide conspiracy theory broken by a man who cant understand circles, on their own fiction shelf.  It goes well next to the Magic Crystal of the North Pole and the WorldCell series (which I enjoyed by the way, thank you). 

It won't change a thing.  You will remain utterly, demonstrably wrong no matter how right you feel.
In your mind, yes. In the mind of many others, yes. In my mind, absolutely not.

You believe that if an object held to a sphere moves 0.075% of the way around its circumference, it will "tilt like crazy" relative to the original position.  This is "right" in your mind. 

0.075%

It is like taking a basketball and moving an object 0.3 mm along its surface.  Or moving an object on the epcot dome by 10 cm. 

You can believe anything you want, and I know you do, but I have to ask, why this?  Why do you need to believe in something that is so obviously wrong?  Is it just reactionary?  Someone tells you that you are wrong so you immediately need to jump on the defensive? 

Are you so insecure that you can not entertain any doubt? 

In your mind, could you be wrong about how much tilt there would be for a distant object on a large, round earth?
I'm not arguing that.
You are placing a massive global fantasy out as a legitimate calculation for tilt.
You think by calculating the entire circumference  over the small amount of miles to the turbines, gives you little to no tilt.

I'm telling you, if your turbines were really showing that much missing over a short distance then the tilt would be massively noticeable.

However, all you have is fantasy because this is not what's happening, anyway, as the sea is essentially flat and level barring movement and your turbines or any object is not going to tilt even by a fraction, unless it naturally went out of plumb.

The turbines lose visual height because of atmospheric dense mass  not allowing light to reflect back to your eyes which only allows your eyes to get the reflected light higher up over distance.

Great

Draw the circle
Show us the tilt is massive

« Reply #4782 on: May 05, 2021, 05:23:36 AM »

Stated as 100% fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4783 on: May 05, 2021, 07:23:41 AM »
You can't use legitimate maths for what you people are arguing.
What do you consider to be "legitimate maths"?
Calculations that show a reality, not just calculations that show a pretence of reality.
Would you please show us some of your calculations that show a reality?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4784 on: May 05, 2021, 07:36:20 AM »

Draw the circle

You draw the circle you want. I drew mine.
Over to you.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4785 on: May 05, 2021, 07:37:20 AM »

[I'm 100% rigid on this.
and furiously masturbating at how good a troll you think you are.
You need to calm down doing that just over me typing a few words into a forum.
Tell it to those in AR or CN.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4786 on: May 05, 2021, 07:38:14 AM »
Calculations that show a reality, not just calculations that show a pretence of reality.
You first.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4787 on: May 05, 2021, 08:23:28 AM »
You first.
No.  You're the one with the "legitimate maths" and "correct calculations that show reality", not me.  Time to put up or shut up.

« Reply #4788 on: May 05, 2021, 08:27:18 AM »

Draw the circle

Over to you.

you drew a circle but failed to draw the triangle.
you've failed to PROVE your FEELINGS.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg/1200px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

this circle is 1000pixels in diameter.
my first requested triangle appears as a single straight line because the ratio 12,750,000 to 2 is inperceivable.
so i'm going to move on to the windmill.

the island shown in the center is madagascar.
the width of madagascar by map is rouhgly 600km which is over 10x that of this windmill debate.
the pixel count for that is 50pixels.

so 5pixes is what we're going for.
5/1000 = 0.005 = 0.3degrees

MASSIVELY UNMASSIVE!
so
your claim the angle is massive is wrong.

tahnks for comign out.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:28:58 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4789 on: May 05, 2021, 08:31:25 AM »

No.  You're the one with the "legitimate maths" and "correct calculations that show reality", not me.  Time to put up or shut up.
If you people have the truth of a globe and the math to prove it, then do so.
I won't be shutting up and I won't be offering calculations for your fictional globe.

« Reply #4790 on: May 05, 2021, 08:36:12 AM »
whoops
dia vs radius

0.6degrees.
MASSIVE tilt!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4791 on: May 05, 2021, 08:37:07 AM »
I won't be shutting up and I won't be offering calculations for your fictional globe.
I'm not asking for you to offer calculations for a globe.  I'm asking for you to offer your calculations for a flat earth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4792 on: May 05, 2021, 08:39:27 AM »

Draw the circle

Over to you.

you drew a circle but failed to draw the triangle.
you've failed to PROVE your FEELINGS.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg/1200px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

How many more so called Earth pictures can you show me since the  so called Apollo 17 storyline and so called picture of Earth?

Let's see how many you can show me and who took the pictures and from what distance.

« Reply #4793 on: May 05, 2021, 08:43:00 AM »
forget the photo's realness or nonrealness

use it as a circle as per the exercise being asked of you for a TO SCALE circle and a triangle.

your drawings are NOT TO SCALE.
this one is.
it is a mythical CGI drawing TO SCALE.
madagascar's size is estimated TO SCALE.
the pixel count is TO SCALE.
the estimated tilt is TO SCALE.

let us know how tilted 0.6degrees is.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:45:04 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #4794 on: May 05, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »

here's your drawing that if we took it TO SCALE, the vertical stick is height is 1:5 the diameter of the circle.

1:5.

ONE TO FIVE

so your massive tilt is 20x that of my mathed estimate.

20x!!

your stick's altitude is roughly 2,500km in the air.
2,500KM
KILOMETER.

how high do airlines fly?
not that high.

keep failing at basic basicness
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:51:15 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4795 on: May 05, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »

use it as a circle as per the exercise being asked of you for a TO SCALE circle and a triangle.

this one is.

Come back when you have something you know is real.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4796 on: May 05, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »

here's your drawing that if we took it TO SCALE, the vertical stick is height is 1:5 the diameter of the circle.

1:5.

ONE TO FIVE

so your massive tilt is 20x that of my mathed estimate.

20x!!

your stick's altitude is roughly 2,500km in the air.
2,500KM
KILOMETER.

how high do airlines fly?
not that high.

keep failing at basic basicness
This set up proves your sun does not set and be brought back by going up a tower height.

The tilt, the tilt.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #4797 on: May 05, 2021, 09:14:36 AM »
So if light from an object can't make it to us from a couple miles away, how can the light from the sun reach when it's several thousand miles away.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4798 on: May 05, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
So if light from an object can't make it to us from a couple miles away, how can the light from the sun reach when it's several thousand miles away.
Because the sun is the light that allows us to see objects, or anything.
If that light gets obscured then it doesn't reflect back.

« Reply #4799 on: May 05, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »

this one is.

Come back when you have something you know is real.

it's a circle
its a real circle.
real or not the photo but the circle is real
which is this discucsion at hand

is the tilt massive?

no,
because -

circles and triangles

address this FACT or come up with anothe rvalue of the tilt

what is the MASSIVE tilt?
you msut know what it is and the szie of it.