What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4710 on: May 03, 2021, 09:34:45 PM »
However, you're arguing for a turbine falling back over from sight, down a curve and yet still giving the appearance of a plumb structure, despite three quarters of it, obscured.

It's nonsense.

What's your calculation as to how much they should be tilted given your knowledge of the globe earth model? You do know a lot about the thing you rail against, right?

And again, you haven't responded to the other question: In your own words, as simple as I can understand, what FE datum/model/map(s) do all of airline and shipping transport use for navigation? You've repeated that they don't use a globe model when all references point to them using the WGS-84 datum, a spheroid earth model. So if, in reality, they are faking that and don't really use it, what FE version do they use?

Play with figures when its necessary.
This one is simple observation.
You people want to argue a massive drop behind a curve, then fine. But show me the observation of the tilt back over that would cause this loss of structure.

Why is it not necessary? Without calculation you have no argument. So what is your calculated tilt given the parameters laid out in a globe earth model? If you want to have an argument, you actually have to make one. Not just say "nuh uh." That's just lame. Step up your game.

As well, you still seem to be dodging this question:

In your own words, as simple as I can understand, what FE datum/model/map(s) do all of airline and shipping transport use for navigation? You've repeated that they don't use a globe model when all references point to them using the WGS-84 datum, a spheroid earth model. So if, in reality, they are faking that and don't really use it, what FE version do they use?
Yous till don't get it.

The whole purpose of your global working, with a turbine (as an instance) supposedly dropping behind your so called curve would mean it has to tilt away from your vision over distance.

Let me make this more clear.

If your ship was to supposedly fall over the curve, the last thing you would see before it was lost to your so called curve, would be the stern, not the mast, if your ship started to disappear like you lot think it does, behind your curve.

The same applies to your turbine.
If the turbine and blades were as sunk as it shows, over a short distance, it would show turbine blades tilted right back, not upright like we're shown.

The only way we would see what we see are for two reasons.

1. They suddenly sink into the sea, which we know does not happen.

2. The theoretical horizon line has a light and shade convergence in between sea and sky where we cannot see into that dense mass of atmosphere and anything within that is lost or it sits above that, as in distant structures, like turbines, where some of it still stays into the light back to your eyes, as reflection.

This is why we see the top part of structures, depending on eye view and distance and angle height to distance, at elevation.

No globe, no convex curve.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4711 on: May 03, 2021, 09:43:21 PM »
So, math is bad if and only if it doesnt support the claims a FEer makes.  When asked to use math, it is gobbledygook.  Simple observation trumps logical mathematics...  got it.  Hopeless.
Let's make this simple for you.

You could give me the math/calculations for the starship enterprise by looking it up, if I asked you how it would work.
You can tell me it would reach so and so galaxy in blah blah time and by warp speed which would be blah blah something or other.

Are you handing me real maths?
Or are you going by the maths given to show what you think might be the case and pass it off as truth?

Of course, you know it's just a series but if you were told otherwise and told as real, you would be arguing till you were blue in the face as to the set up and math you are told are real calculations.

This is all you're doing with your globe and its trimmings.
Just made up math that work for you because it's been made to work for you.

The reality could be so massively different but the one you go with is the one set out on the platter, for you and others like you.

By all means argue it to the contrary but I'm just showing you what I mean by math not being the reality you think, in cases like this.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #4712 on: May 03, 2021, 09:55:56 PM »
Look at the reports from Russia - you will understand that they are not joking. Already because they cannot fly into space ... Ha ha - now why should they all lie if their rockets fall and they get out of the space race.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4713 on: May 03, 2021, 10:13:32 PM »
Simple observation trumps logical mathematics...  got it.  Hopeless.
Observation can be deceiving.  Sometimes we see what is real and true.  Other times we what our minds tell us is real and true.  In other words you cannot rely entirely on observation alone.

Low level inversions over water can make an object like a ship appear to be floating (on air) but we know in reality that it isn't.
Yep, you're right...and it's the bit in bold which you are best taking notice of.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4714 on: May 03, 2021, 10:15:21 PM »
Sceptimatic, this one's for you:

Undeniable, physically provable, truth.
Do you know of any that fits the fantasy global system you abide by?

Can you be a little more specific?

How would you like this "undeniable, physically provable truth", packaged and delivered?
Anyway you want to.

Lol! This isn't about me. This is all about you. You, you, you.

Is there an experiment that you would be prepared to do, or a trip you are prepared to take, where the risk is you might find undeniable physically provable truth, about the overall shape of the earth, not just the shape of the earth in your front yard?

I'm wondering if you're prepared to do anything more than make use of one of your used toilet rolls?
What do you have in mind?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4715 on: May 03, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »

How would you like this "undeniable, physically provable truth", packaged and delivered?
Anyway you want to.

oh hoo i missed this one.
looks like sceppy is real easy going.

"any way we like" eh?

https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/

hundreds of people working on projects across public and private sector across different countries all able to verify they saw or used something relating to the ball earth.
several 10s of 20s of them actually going up there.

hmmm... not so easy going are you now?
So, what did people see or use that confirmed a global Earth we supposedly walk upon, that you know of to be the truth?

I'll wait for your answers.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4716 on: May 03, 2021, 10:20:05 PM »
If you were honest and your position was actually based upon evidence and logic, you would have no issue with this legitimate math and would have provided your own to show just how massive the tilt is.

There is no legitimate math for something that does not exist.

« Reply #4717 on: May 03, 2021, 11:47:33 PM »
You can't use legitimate maths for what you people are arguing.
What do you consider to be "legitimate maths"?
Calculations that show a reality, not just calculations that show a pretence of reality.

Drawing the circle and the triangel as requested will show you either the globe model matches realoty or the globe model does not mafch reality.

Feel free to draw the circle and the triangle.

« Reply #4718 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:34 PM »

Anyway you want to.

Lol! This isn't about me. This is all about you. You, you, you.

Is there an experiment that you would be prepared to do, or a trip you are prepared to take, where the risk is you might find undeniable physically provable truth, about the overall shape of the earth, not just the shape of the earth in your front yard?

I'm wondering if you're prepared to do anything more than make use of one of your used toilet rolls?
What do you have in mind?

Draw the circle and the triangle

« Reply #4719 on: May 03, 2021, 11:51:05 PM »

Anyway you want to.

oh hoo i missed this one.
looks like sceppy is real easy going.

"any way we like" eh?

https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/

hundreds of people working on projects across public and private sector across different countries all able to verify they saw or used something relating to the ball earth.
several 10s of 20s of them actually going up there.

hmmm... not so easy going are you now?
So, what did people see or use that confirmed a global Earth we supposedly walk upon, that you know of to be the truth?

I'll wait for your answers.

Is daft the word you would have a definitoon for over in your area?

The answer was in the link....

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4720 on: May 04, 2021, 12:05:50 AM »
Calculations that show a reality, not just calculations that show a pretence of reality.

Drawing the circle and the triangel as requested will show you either the globe model matches realoty or the globe model does not mafch reality.

Feel free to draw the circle and the triangle.
How will drawing a circle show a globe matches reality?
How about you show me if you're so set on it.

And start taking your time instead of getting into a frenzy.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4721 on: May 04, 2021, 12:06:24 AM »

Let's see you do it and show me what you're getting at.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4722 on: May 04, 2021, 12:08:26 AM »

What is, definitoon?

« Reply #4723 on: May 04, 2021, 02:15:12 AM »
So, math is bad if and only if it doesnt support the claims a FEer makes.  When asked to use math, it is gobbledygook.  Simple observation trumps logical mathematics...  got it.  Hopeless.
Let's make this simple for you.

You could give me the math/calculations for the starship enterprise by looking it up, if I asked you how it would work.
You can tell me it would reach so and so galaxy in blah blah time and by warp speed which would be blah blah something or other.

Are you handing me real maths?
Or are you going by the maths given to show what you think might be the case and pass it off as truth?

Of course, you know it's just a series but if you were told otherwise and told as real, you would be arguing till you were blue in the face as to the set up and math you are told are real calculations.

This is all you're doing with your globe and its trimmings.
Just made up math that work for you because it's been made to work for you.

The reality could be so massively different but the one you go with is the one set out on the platter, for you and others like you.

By all means argue it to the contrary but I'm just showing you what I mean by math not being the reality you think, in cases like this.

You should try to understand though that people here are not using math to prove something is right, it is just to show that you are wrong.  Incredibly wrong.  Stupidly wrong.  So wrong that it you can manage to look past the sadness of it, it is actually quite humorous. 

It is analogous to this:

Sceptimatic:  In your crazy globe model, it would take a million years to travel around the world because it is so big!!!

Everyone else:  (collective sigh).  No sceptimatic, in the geometry considered, the world has a a diameter of approximately 40,000 km.  A modern airplane can fly at approx 1000 km/hr, so using basic math it would only take around 40 hours of continuous flight to fly around the world.

Sceptimatic:  Your math is illegitimate!  It would take a million years and you know it!

Everyone else: (collective sigh)

« Reply #4724 on: May 04, 2021, 02:36:51 AM »

This is why we see the top part of structures, depending on eye view and distance and angle height to distance, at elevation.

How is it that given you believe -

1)  water is completely flat

and

2) the horizon is always at eye level

that in the same picture taken over water, the horizon can clearly be seen at the base of one huge wind turbine, at at the top of the tower for another???   

JackBlack

« Reply #4725 on: May 04, 2021, 03:28:28 AM »

If you were honest and your position was actually based upon evidence and logic, you would have no issue with this legitimate math and would have provided your own to show just how massive the tilt is.

There is no legitimate math for something that does not exist.
Yes, there is.
This is actually one way to demonstrate something cannot exist.
You do the math and reach a contradiction in the math, and show that the premise must be false.
Again, if you were honest, you would provide the math to show this.
But because you are just lying and know the math shows you are wrong, you look for any excuse you can to dodge it.

Just like you continue to dodge the simple questions that show beyond any doubt that you are wrong:
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?

And what do you consider to be "a reality"?
What is actually reality, with a RE, or your delusional claims with no justifications at all?

Because that insignificant tilt you keep on claiming is massive is part of reality.
That is legitimate math that shows reality quite clearly, and in doing so shows you are wrong.

The whole purpose of your global working, with a turbine (as an instance) supposedly dropping behind your so called curve would mean it has to tilt away from your vision over distance.
Only be an insignificant amount.
Again, it is the drop that hides it, not the tilt.
That drop is large compared to the turbine, but insignificant compared to Earth.
The tilt is insignificant.

If your ship was to supposedly fall over the curve, the last thing you would see before it was lost to your so called curve, would be the stern, not the mast, if your ship started to disappear like you lot think it does, behind your curve.
Again, stop pretending Earth is a tiny ball you can hold in your hands.
Again, the math shows quite clearly that you are wrong.

The same applies to your turbine.
If the turbine and blades were as sunk as it shows, over a short distance, it would show turbine blades tilted right back, not upright like we're shown.
Again, the math shows that that claim of yours is pure BS.
The math shows quite clearly that the tilt back would be insignificant.

If you wish to keep asserting the same pathetic lie you need to justify it. Not just by repeating it and similar claims, but actually justifying it.

Again, do the math or draw a to scale diagram.

The only way we would see what we see are for two reasons.
1. They suddenly sink into the sea, which we know does not happen.
Or Earth is round, and the base is hidden by the curve, which we both know is the actual reason.

No FE nonsense required.

It doesn't matter if you want to accept the fact that the RE is a reality and show math which clearly shows your prior claims are pure BS, or if you want to pretend the RE is fantasy and pretend there is a massive tilt.
If your claims were true, you would be able to show math to justify them.

For example, you can do the math to show Voyager should be able to cross the entire Milky Way Galaxy in less than 10 years, showing the 70 year premise of the show is pure BS.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4726 on: May 04, 2021, 03:57:43 AM »
You should try to understand though that people here are not using math to prove something is right, it is just to show that you are wrong.  Incredibly wrong.  Stupidly wrong.  So wrong that it you can manage to look past the sadness of it, it is actually quite humorous.

If you can't prove yourself correct with math then you certainly cannot prove someone wrong with the same math.
Have a think about it.

Quote from: sobchak

It is analogous to this:

Sceptimatic:  In your crazy globe model, it would take a million years to travel around the world because it is so big!!!

Everyone else:  (collective sigh).  No sceptimatic, in the geometry considered, the world has a a diameter of approximately 40,000 km.  A modern airplane can fly at approx 1000 km/hr, so using basic math it would only take around 40 hours of continuous flight to fly around the world.
Not at all.
I'm not claiming a size, first of all and you cannot prove a size, other than to go on what you are told.

Sceptimatic:  Your math is illegitimate!  It would take a million years and you know it!

As above.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4727 on: May 04, 2021, 04:02:02 AM »

and

that in the same picture taken over water, the horizon can clearly be seen at the base of one huge wind turbine, at at the top of the tower for another???   
Distance.

One tower is much farther =away than the other, so more atmosphere obscures the light back to the eye.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4728 on: May 04, 2021, 04:08:30 AM »

It doesn't matter if you want to accept the fact that the RE is a reality and show math which clearly shows your prior claims are pure BS, or if you want to pretend the RE is fantasy and pretend there is a massive tilt.
If your claims were true, you would be able to show math to justify them.

For example, you can do the math to show Voyager should be able to cross the entire Milky Way Galaxy in less than 10 years, showing the 70 year premise of the show is pure BS.
Can you calculate how long it would take flash Gordon to reach the nearest habitable planet whilst travelling at 1 million miles per hour with the planet being 25 billion miles away.

You can obviously work it out but you are working something out based on made up fantasy.
So here you are with an answer for something that's not reality.

This all you people are doing but it's not your fault. It's the fault of those that filled you all full of this clap trap.

JackBlack

« Reply #4729 on: May 04, 2021, 04:20:52 AM »
If you can't prove yourself correct with math then you certainly cannot prove someone wrong with the same math.
Again, proof by contradiction shows you are wrong.
You can use math to prove something is wrong, even when you can't use it to prove something is true.

But we have used math to prove what should (and does) happen on the RE.

Conversely, all you have are your repeated lies.

It is analogous to this:

Not at all.
That is basically what you are doing.
You are spouting pure fantasy, claiming the tilt involved would be massive and easily noticeable.
The math shows that is a blatant lie.

Can you calculate how long it would take flash Gordon to reach the nearest habitable planet whilst travelling at 1 million miles per hour with the planet being 25 billion miles away.
Yes, so if someone then claims that he did it in a much shorter period of time, that clearly is wrong, and can be used to show it is fiction.

Again, even if you want to claim a RE is fantasy, you can still do the math to show what is expected.
You can then compare this with reality to either substitute or refute that model.

Instead of doing this, you just spout blatant lies about the model to pretend it doesn't match reality.

Again, do the math and show the RE should produce a massive tilt for the turbines, not the tiny 0.27 degrees actually expected by any honest person.

And while you are at it, answer the simple questions you continue to avoid as you know they show you are wrong:
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?

« Reply #4730 on: May 04, 2021, 04:26:50 AM »

I'm not claiming a size.

No one is saying you are claiming a size.  You are though making a specific geometric claim - that there will be substantial relative "tilt" between two objects at a fixed distance on the surface of a sphere of given size. 

This is your claim.  You have claimed it multiple times. 

It is wrong. 

We know it is wrong because it is a geometric claim (a claim about the relative positions of objects), and we can evaluate it with  (surprise!) geometry.  A simple understanding of circles and triangles is all that is needed to evaluate your claim and see that it is completely and utterly wrong.  Multiple people here have done so and even explained to you how your claim is wrong. 

You do not know it is wrong because you do not understand geometry and are unwilling or unable to learn it.  You can therefore neither develop the geometric understanding yourself, nor follow it when presented.

« Reply #4731 on: May 04, 2021, 04:33:32 AM »

and

Distance.

One tower is much farther =away than the other, so more atmosphere obscures the light back to the eye.

So in your opinion, "eye level" changes with distance when looking out over flat, level water?  I would have thought that if I was looking over flat level water from a height of six feet, then "eye level" would stay at 6 feet over the flat water, but instead you think it should curve upwards over distance? 

« Reply #4732 on: May 04, 2021, 05:29:30 AM »

Let's see you do it and show me what you're getting at.

It will show you exactly what jackb and jja tried to tell you using math.

Unforutnately for you, based on past experience, yoy convolute everything "copypasted" to you, so this is something you need to do.

« Reply #4733 on: May 04, 2021, 05:31:39 AM »

What is, definitoon?

Another pathetic dodge.
Youre very transparent now.

« Reply #4734 on: May 04, 2021, 05:36:46 AM »

Have a think about it.

It is analogous to this:

Not at all.
I'm not claiming a size, first of all and you cannot prove a size, other than to go on what you are told.

Sceptimatic:  Your math is illegitimate!  It would take a million years and you know it!

As above.

You have claimed a size - a very relatively small size.
You are consitently being told no, it is a relatively very large size.
On the magnitude of size of a dozen million...

Draw the circle.

12,750,000unit dia and 2unit stick on top.

« Reply #4735 on: May 04, 2021, 05:38:10 AM »

and

Distance.

That would make ot hazy
Not cropped from view.

Maybe define atmosphere.
Youve been asked this a bunch of times.
Doss atmosphere mean ocean to you?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4736 on: May 04, 2021, 07:52:48 AM »
we have used math to prove what should (and does) happen on the RE.

No, you haven't.
You've used calculations which have been handed to you as so called proof. You do not know them to be a proof.
You could very well be calculating a fantasy and I believe you are.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4737 on: May 04, 2021, 07:56:36 AM »

I'm not claiming a size.

No one is saying you are claiming a size.  You are though making a specific geometric claim - that there will be substantial relative "tilt" between two objects at a fixed distance on the surface of a sphere of given size. 

This is your claim.  You have claimed it multiple times. 

It is wrong. 

We know it is wrong because it is a geometric claim (a claim about the relative positions of objects), and we can evaluate it with  (surprise!) geometry.  A simple understanding of circles and triangles is all that is needed to evaluate your claim and see that it is completely and utterly wrong.  Multiple people here have done so and even explained to you how your claim is wrong. 

You do not know it is wrong because you do not understand geometry and are unwilling or unable to learn it.  You can therefore neither develop the geometric understanding yourself, nor follow it when presented.
You argue against horizon saying your Earth is just too big to see it and then you go and argue a large object falling down a curve at just a short amount of miles.

Now you're trying to argue a tilt is just not visible.

You're playing with so called calculations  because you think it fits the fantasy you've been led to believe as your truth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4738 on: May 04, 2021, 08:01:24 AM »

and

Distance.

So in your opinion, "eye level" changes with distance when looking out over flat, level water?  I would have thought that if I was looking over flat level water from a height of six feet, then "eye level" would stay at 6 feet over the flat water, but instead you think it should curve upwards over distance?
No.
Eye level never changes.
What changes is what your eye can see over distance from bottom to top of an object due to light not reaching your eye from the bottom up over distance..

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4739 on: May 04, 2021, 08:06:39 AM »

and

Distance.

That would make ot hazy
Not cropped from view.

Maybe define atmosphere.
Youve been asked this a bunch of times.
Doss atmosphere mean ocean to you?
Atmosphere is part of the ocean and anything else porous enough for it to be part of, which is everything.
It's just a case of what break down of it takes part in what dense mass.

However, we don't need to argue this because this isn't about the water as your part of horizon. This is about convergence of light back to your eyes from a level point from where you are stood.