What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4530 on: April 25, 2021, 03:42:27 PM »
I wouldn't want scepti to change his mind.  I would rather him fully explain his theory.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

JackBlack

« Reply #4531 on: April 25, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
If water level won't convince you then nothing will.
It does convince me, as repeatedly explained.
The fact that the bottom of a distant object (such as a building) is obscured by the water, even though both myself and the distant object are well above water, clearly shows that this level water is curved.

However, if your Earth is the globe you believe it to be then you understand that.... you..... looking level should clearly understand that your globe, underfoot will curve down and away from that vision with every inch, no matter how small the curve would be.
No, if Earth is the pathetic strawman you make it out to be it will.
But in reality, as repeatedly explained to you, there are 2 competing effects.
There is perspective which makes things appear higher, and the curvature of Earth which makes things appear lower.
Over short distances, perspective wins. It is massive compared to the curvature of Earth.
Over much much greater distances, the curvature wins.
The point where this crosses over is the horizon.

If your pure BS was correct, every single ball in existence would appear as nothing more than a tiny point in your vision.
The fact they don't shows you are spouting pure garbage.

Again, can you answer the simple questions which show this claim of yours is pure BS:
Again, what magic prevents us seeing the RE?
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?

And no, appealing to a curve is not answering it unless you are going to claim that you cannot see ANYTHNG at all below the tube, regardless of how far away it is.
So if you want that to be your tactic, clearly state that so everyone can then reference to show just how wrong you are and how you are willing to use whatever dishonest BS you can to pretend the RE has a problem.

This is why standing on a downward gradient with level tube set up, shows there would be no view of the ground beneath
No, this is not why for anything, except why we know you are spouting BS.
It is nothing more than your pathetic assertion which requires completely rejecting the idea of perspective or as you like to call it "convergence".

It requires the false belief that if something is below the level of the tube it is impossible to see.

This is why you avoid such simple questions, because you know they expose the BS your blatant lies rely upon.

You can do this experiment over 12 feet, no problem.
Which makes it nothing like your simple claim of a simple tube.
Remeber, you claimed you could do this with a simple kitchen roll tube held up to your eye.
But now you have changed it from such a simple setup to one which is ~12 times the length.

I put out a simple experiment and a back up to ensure no cheating.
No, you put out a simple experiment, it showed that you were wrong, so you dismissed it as fake and threw in a bunch of needless complications so you can pretend you aren't just rejecting everything that shows you are wrong.

Soooo, how in the hell would anyone expect to see the ground from thats et up?
By understanding how vision works.
By understanding that if you look through a 1 inch tube at a distant object, you can see more than 1 inch of it.
It doesn't matter if you want to call it perspective, or convergence or some other BS, the simple fact is you CAN see more than just 1 inch.
This means as long as the slope isn't too great, you WILL be able to see it after enough distance.

The real question is how in the hell would anyone expect to be incapable of seeing the ground through a level tube from a tiny downwards gradient after they have already accepted they could see it on a flat surface?

Again, this is why you continually avoid answering simple questions.
You know that answering them will expose you as a liar.

The horizon does not use a surface
It uses the surface of Earth.

The theoretical line is your convergence from your view over distance.
Which is infinitely far away and not the horizon seen on Earth.

Very simple experiments and logical thoughts are all that's required to scupper any global model people have been bullied into accepting.
There you go lying yet again.
Very simple experiments and logical thought are that is required to scupper your BS.
Simply looking through a tube at any distant object is enough to scupper your BS lies regarding the inability to see the ground.
But even logical thought is enough for that.
The tube doesn't magically bend the light. All it does is restrict your FOV.
That means you can still see the ground, no matter how much you want to lie and claim you can't.

You are yet to provide a single thing which in any way actually challenges the globe.
Sure you continually lie by claiming to provide things which do, but again, simple experiments and logic shows that they are lies.
Simple questions which you continually refuse to answer shows that you know they are lies.
And you repeatedly contradicting yourself as you twist your position back and forth to avoid admitting these lies shows your character.

Many, including yourself, will never dare to question that because ridicule is not something you could take much of, in my opinion.
And like so many of your opinions, that is just another blatant lie.
Many, including myself, do question it, but find that the globe model answers our questions. That means we don't just reject it.
You don't question the globe.
Questioning implies a willingness to accept an answer.
You just outright reject the globe and come up with whatever pathetic BS you can to pretend that rejection is justified.

It leaves you struggling.
The only one struggling here is you.
You are struggling so much, you refuse to answer extremely simple questions.

are looking level when you focus upon that horizon.
Again, the evidence already provided shows that is wrong.
But that is the kind of dishonest circular reasoning you would use to prop up your lies.

JackBlack

« Reply #4532 on: April 25, 2021, 03:48:52 PM »
Have to say I am with SM on this one. Sceptimatic is one of those people who simply likes arguing with people and the more the better.
That would imply actually responding to what has been said.
He doesn't do that. The vast majority of the time he just deflects however he can.
If anything, he is one of those people who simply likes to troll.

« Reply #4533 on: April 25, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »
I wouldn't want scepti to change his mind.  I would rather him fully explain his theory.

I agree

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4534 on: April 25, 2021, 09:20:18 PM »
Sceptimatic, you aren't interested in the true shape of the world, just in pushing your agenda and flat earth propaganda.

I don't see the value in what you're pushing, pusher man. The globe model is prominent because everything about this world fits the globe model like a gigantic jigsaw puzzle. You can't even properly describe the model you're selling, can you, yet you expect people to buy it? 

If Earth isn't a globe, you need to be very specific what shape it is, and you can start with the shape of Antarctica and it's size. * Try hard not to pull your usual ignore trick, for once.

In all honesty, it doesn't bother me that you're a dopey flat earther and likely a drag queen. Just so long as you're not a sovereign citizen. I draw the line with that.
I'm not selling any model.
People ask me what I think my Earth is and I answer.
Whether it's correct or not, I will likely never know.
I don't push any of it out as factual, unlike you and others with your global Earth.

All I can say for sure is, Earth is not a globe we supposedly walk upon and especially not a spinning one.

As for your lame attempts at ridicule, you need to up your game.
Please try and up your game.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4535 on: April 25, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
Nor did I. I came to try and find out a bit more about the reasons why some people still hang on to the flat Earth belief. I am all for finding alternative explanations or alternative theories but only when there is a need to.

As I read more posts I found that the 'theories' of the flat Earth side became more and more outlandish.  Domes, ice walls, the Sun and Moon moving as if by magic just a few thousand miles above the flat Earth surface. Sometimes I needed to remind myself I hadn't been transported back to the dark ages.
More and more outlandish and yet you actually think you're stood on a spinning oblate spheroid in a vacuum of space....etc.
And you seriously think alternate views to it are outlandish?
I'd say alternate views to it are much more reasonable and have potential, far far far and away more than any spinning globe presents.

It's utter utter nonsense and it baffles me how people who've had the time to go over it, can't see that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4536 on: April 25, 2021, 09:30:00 PM »
It is well known among psychologists that you cannot change anyones views simply by arguing with them.
Says the person that came here to argue with them.

Arguing is beneficial and can be enjoyable. Everybody argues. Yeah, sceptimatic will never change his  outlook. So, what?

His outlook forces arguments requiring actual research, experiments, and reading widely. His arguments are making normal folk - globe accepters - smarter. I would also argue these arguments are lifting members like sceptimatic and yourself to higher levels of thought processes, which couldn't hurt.
At least you're seeing some benefit.

« Reply #4537 on: April 25, 2021, 09:30:42 PM »
The fact you cant come to grips with how circles and triangles work should be alarming to yourself and anyone lookingfor "answers".

Also
Eyeballs.
Theyre a real thing and how they work dont rely on domes and denp.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4538 on: April 25, 2021, 09:31:35 PM »

Fair enough.
So now it's time for you to argue for what the Earth could be in its entirety now you know it cannot be a spinning globe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4539 on: April 25, 2021, 09:54:20 PM »

I don't push any of it out as factual.

All I can say for sure is, Earth is not a globe we supposedly walk upon and especially not a spinning one.

So you push it out as factual that earth is not a globe, but none of your alternatives are factual?
My alternate theory is far from factual. I can't push it out as factual unless I can actually prove it.
All I can do is prove certain things that show it not to be a globe which means nothing what you people say, is anything like factual, only reliance on what you deem as, your authority.

I believe my theories have potential by simple experiments, none of which you'll get because your mindset is focused on what you believe in and you're welcome to it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4540 on: April 25, 2021, 09:57:14 PM »
The fact you cant come to grips with how circles and triangles work should be alarming to yourself and anyone lookingfor "answers".

Also
Eyeballs.
I have no issue with circles and triangles.
You merely trying to use it as some kind of self leverage against me, is your issue.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4541 on: April 25, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »

It's utter utter nonsense and it baffles me how people who've had the time to go over it, can't see that.

So tell us, what can we observe that cannot be explained by a globe earth? Without just using your usual strawman of a tiny globe.
And explain how your stupid square earth model doesn't have the same issues you attribute to the globe.

I live in Australia. If I look through a 1 inch tube level at 6ft above the ground on your 'square earth' I would be many miles under water, therefore the earth is not 'square'.
Who said the Earth was square?

« Reply #4542 on: April 25, 2021, 10:07:16 PM »

Also
Eyeballs.
You merely trying to use it as some kind of self leverage against me, is your issue.

Graat
Draw a circle of diameter 12,750,00 units.

Draw a stick of height 2units going vertical plumb off the circle.

Draw a tangent line from the circle to the top of the stick.
And a straight line from the bottom of the stick to the tangent point forming a triangle.

Let us know the angle between the two long ends.

Report back.

If any of the words confuse you, feel free to google them as their definitions i used are the conventional ones.

Also
Avoided the eyeball i see.
See?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:33:36 PM by Themightykabool »

JackBlack

« Reply #4543 on: April 25, 2021, 11:57:56 PM »
Whether it's correct or not, I will likely never know.
If you evaluated it honestly and rationally you would quite easily know. The problem is it isn't the answer you want, so you plead ignorance.

And while you continually say that, you have never been able to support that outright lie of yours.

More and more outlandish and yet you actually think you're stood on a spinning oblate spheroid in a vacuum of space....etc.
And you seriously think alternate views to it are outlandish?
Yes, as would anyone honestly looking at it.

You are yet to explain just what you find to be outlandish, and why. Instead you just continually appeal to ridicule.

No, that would be the garbage you spout, like claiming the ground magically can't be seen through a level tube; especially with how often you contradict yourself and how you refuse to answer extremely simple questions as they show your dishonesty.

Fair enough.
So now it's time for you to argue for what the Earth could be in its entirety now you know it cannot be a spinning globe.
There you go with more dishonesty.
Again, it convinces me that Earth is round, as it would convince any honest, rational person.
So no, I know it can be a spinning globe.
Water level in no way refutes that. Instead, water level supports Earth being a level globe.

Now that you know Earth CAN'T be flat, you can try to think about what it can be.

My alternate theory is far from factual.
That's right. It is delusional nonsense with no connection to reality.

All I can do is prove certain things that show it not to be a globe
Then go ahead and try doing it.
So far all you have done is continually spout the same pathetic lies which in no way prove Earth is not a globe.

Again, if the lies you spouted where actually true, if you could actually prove Earth is not a globe, you would answer these trivial questions.
But we both know you know you are lying to us all. We both know that you know Earth almost certainly is a globe, you will just refuse to admit it.
We both know you answering these questions will show your attacks on the RE to be blatant lies.

If you wish to disagree, all you need to do is answer the questions.
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?

Then why did you repeatedly reject how human vision works when it is based upon that?
Why did you repeatedly lie and claim the base of a tree at 1 mile distance on the RE, will magically be 11 ft below the view from a 6 ft high level tube, even though simple geometry based upon circles and triangles, shows that it will actually be 6 ft and 8 inches?
Why did you repeatedly lie by claim a downwards slope cannot be seen through a level tube?
Why did you repeatedly lie by claiming that the RE cannot be seen through a level tube?
Why did you repeatedly lie by claiming the horizon a finite distance away is due to convergence?

Because if you have no issues with circles and triangles, all of those statements of yours are outright lies.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4544 on: April 26, 2021, 12:49:40 AM »

I don't know what you call your version of earth but it is based on the 'square and stationary earth'.
It isn't based on that, at all.

Quote from: Bored
Sorry if I have confused you. I will refer to it as 'Sceppys retard shape earth' instead, unless you have a better word for it?
You haven't confused me. You're confusing yourself by not paying attention.
You can only frustrate yourself with your games.

Quote from: Bored
I live in Australia. If I look through a 1 inch tube level at 6ft above the ground on your 'Sceppys retard shape earth' I would be many miles under water, therefore the earth is not 'Sceppys retard shape'.
No, you wouldn't.

Like I said, pay more attention.Maybe your global minded pals will help you out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4545 on: April 26, 2021, 12:56:29 AM »

Also
Eyeballs.

Graat

And a straight line from the bottom of the stick to the tangent point forming a triangle.

Report back.

If any of the words confuse you, feel free to google them as their definitions i used are the conventional ones.

Also
See?
Here's something for you.

Draw a circle and lay a level line along the top and bottom and two plums lines down the sides so yu have what looks like a square encasing the circle.

Don't look at the square but do look at the gaps in each corner created by the lines of that square.
Notice how they get higher and higher from the mid point.

This is what you'd be seeing on a level set up looking out.
No matter what you try to do, you will never change that.

Your globe cannot ever offer you any horizon, so we know it has to be something different.
What that is in its entirety remains to be seen...if ever...but I can make a best guess, as I have, which makes sense, to me.

What will never make sense to anyone who cares to use logic is, Earth supposedly being a spinning globe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4546 on: April 26, 2021, 12:58:46 AM »

There you go with more dishonesty.

Nope, no dishonesty here, only logical thought and a dismissal of a spinning global model that I find preposterous.

« Reply #4547 on: April 26, 2021, 01:09:06 AM »

Also
Eyeballs.

Graat

Report back.

Also
See?
Here's something for you.

Draw a circle and lay a level line along the top and bottom and two plums lines down the sides so yu have what looks like a square encasing the circle.

Don't look at the square but do look at the gaps in each corner created by the lines of that square.

No matter what you try to do, you will never change that.

Your globe cannot ever offer you any horizon, so we know it has to be something different.
What that is in its entirety remains to be seen...if ever...but I can make a best guess, as I have, which makes sense, to me.

What will never make sense to anyone who cares to use logic is, Earth supposedly being a spinning globe.

Nopenopenope
Before you deflect
You claim to disprove the globe model so that, guess what, requires disproving!

Make the circle, make the model, compare it to reality, show the two dont match.

Draw the circle
Draw the triangle.
Report back.

Well actually
If you WANT to deflect
Feel free to prove your square circle plumbs by providing the photo/ video of your setup.

Do both.
Disprove one.
Prove the other.
Go for it
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:11:54 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4548 on: April 26, 2021, 01:52:48 AM »
You need to significantly shrink those drawings.

« Reply #4549 on: April 26, 2021, 02:23:00 AM »
Zoom in.
Life isnt that difficult.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4550 on: April 26, 2021, 04:06:21 AM »
Zoom in.
Life isnt that difficult.
Help him out.

JackBlack

« Reply #4551 on: April 26, 2021, 04:24:44 AM »

There you go ignoring perspective again and pretending we magically only see a line.

No matter what dishonest BS you try to pull, you will never refute the fact that we have a FOV, and that this FOV can allow us to see the RE we stand on.
So how about instead of your garbage, you take an observation point at some distance above Earth, and draw lines showing the limits of the FOV. You know, to see what is actually visible.

If that actually was the case, rather than just your pathetic lie, you would have answered the questions already.

Until you answer them, you are just showing everyone that all you can do is irrationally reject the globe because you hate it.
You have no argument against it.

Here is a diagram you are yet to refute, showing how a FOV on the RE allows us to see the horizon, with a purple line drawn from the observer to the horizon.

Yes, the horizon is below level, but still in the FOV.
And if you do the math for an observer 2 m above the RE we live on, you end up with that angle of dip being ~ 2.7 arc minutes, i.e. TINY, so it will pretty much appear level.

In order to pretend your blatant lie is correct you need to pretend we can magically only see what is directly level in front of us and pretend we don't have a FOV.

No, what will never make sense is your pathetic lies.
Perhaps you should try using logic some time.

Nope, no dishonesty here
Well I wouldn't expect you to admit to your dishonesty.
But you continually lie about the Earth and refuse to provide anything to justify your lies.

only logical thought
You mean a complete absence of any logical thought from you.

Again, if you actually had logic on your side, you would answer the questions instead of continually avoiding them as you know they expose your lies.

You need to significantly shrink those drawings.
We have already established that even that is you being dishonest.
The forum is set so the maximum width of the image is to fit into the page.
You need to stop parroting the same pathetic excuses and start dealing with the fact that you are wrong.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4552 on: April 26, 2021, 04:30:22 AM »

There you go ignoring perspective again and pretending we magically only see a line.
A theoretical line.

Quote from: JackBlack
No matter what dishonest BS you try to pull, you will never refute the fact that we have a FOV,

I've never ever said we don't have a FOV. You keep claiming it because it suits your agenda.

Quote from: JackBlack
and that this FOV can allow us to see the RE we stand on.

I disagree.
You don't stand on a globe, or sit, or sail, or fly and you certainly would not see any horizon.

JackBlack

« Reply #4553 on: April 26, 2021, 04:37:36 AM »
A theoretical line.
No, this has nothing to do with your claim that the horizon is a line.
You are again pretending we do not have a FOV, and that it doesn't matter how far away an object is, if it is below a straight line going level from your eye, you magically can't see it.

I've never ever said we don't have a FOV. You keep claiming it because it suits your agenda.
No, I keep pointing it out because that is what your argument relies upon.
You are pretending that because the Earth is below us we can't see it.
You ignore the fact that we have an angular FOV which allows us to see objects below us even when we look out level.
This is because if you accepted the fact that we have an angular FOV and actually stuck to it, you would have no reason to claim we can't see Earth.
So you continually pretend that we don't have a FOV.

This can be shown by applying the same dishonest BS you use, but for a FE.
Draw a straight line to show your hypothetical and fictitious FE.
Now, draw a straight line parallel to this surface some distance above it.
Now look at the gap between those 2 lines.
The bottom line indicating the FE isn't getting any higher.
So by your delusional garbage, it shouldn't be seen either.
Just like you should only see 1 inch of the tree if your nonsense was correct.

I don't care if you explicitly state we do not have a FOV, or if you just continually act like we don't. They are effectively the same.
You pretend we don't' have a FOV to irrationally attack the globe, because you have no logical arguments against it; which is why you still avoid extremely simple questions.

You don't stand on a globe, or sit, or sail, or fly and you certainly would not see any horizon.
And that will remain your pathetic lie until you start answering those questions and actually sticking to the answer rather than repeatedly contradicting yourself to irrationally attack the globe.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4554 on: April 26, 2021, 05:34:04 AM »
You are again pretending we do not have a FOV

No, I'm not and never have...and you cannot bring up where I have said it, so stop making up stories.

« Reply #4555 on: April 26, 2021, 05:52:42 AM »
My alternate theory is far from factual. I can't push it out as factual unless I can actually prove it.
All I can do is prove certain things that show it not to be a globe which means nothing what you people say, is anything like factual, only reliance on what you deem as, your authority.
What mystifies me is how you are the first and only person I know who has ever laid claim to being able to 'prove' that we do not live on a spinning globe. Given the world population and all the scientists, engineers and other specialists in their respective fields, how come all of them, throughout history have missed something that dear old Sceptimatic has worked out all on his own..?  The very same person who insists that the Sun and Moon are but merely holographic reflections off a non-existent dome.

« Reply #4556 on: April 26, 2021, 06:08:16 AM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4557 on: April 26, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »

No, I'm not and never have...and you cannot bring up where I have said it, so stop making up stories.

It seems you did right here:

So are you saying this:

Absolutely.

« Reply #4558 on: April 26, 2021, 09:40:23 AM »

So are you saying this:

Absolutely.

we now know that he changes the intent of the drawing, just like words, when it suits him.
using drawings is meaningless.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4559 on: April 26, 2021, 10:00:33 AM »

So are you saying this:

Absolutely.
You put up a picture of a tube and a line of sight from that tube.
Outside of that tube would be a field of view.
Inside of it is tunnel vision with a small field of view. A compressed.

I already said it doesn't act like a torch beam.
It's you lot that deliberately twist it all to try and suit your own requirements.

I've never denied a field of view. It's just a case of how big you want that field against my compression of it.Angles were mentioned. I'm saying they do not exist inside the tube to a target on a level.

You people act like it's a torch beam view.
This only happens when you have something that alters your vision, like a scope or your eye itself without obstruction to scope, such as the tube.